Brave New World - 2011-Present

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Brave New World - 2011-Present

Postby Sigment » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:32 pm

Havoc wrote:I personally would like to see Brick end up with Bubbles, but that's just me.

Gotta be honest, Havoc. That's the most random match-up I've heard so far out of Bleed's comics.
Last edited by Sigment on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Understandable. But for some reason, I just like it. I'm really against the whole "exact PPG counterpart hookup". I much rather see things shaken up. I just wonder who Boomer's gonna go after. I say either Buttercup or maybe even Bell.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Well, they've all aged roughly 5-7 years. So ofc there's some maturity.

And it is something notable. Brick is the commander, the strat caller. He does have an eye for details, but he doesn't abuse it often because he never had a need to. Not to mention that the girls had more motivation and resources than the boys. I'm also unsure on what you mean by Brick being a 'good soldier' because he's taken the least orders out of all the RRB.

Though, he seems to have a vindictive attitude towards the girls, but they were defeated by a kiss, that's just degrading all around. BR likely added his own touches on the RRB, so I'm excited to see their personalities be more than the hints dropped to us long ago.

And since everyone moved onto ships as I was typing this >.>
Butch and Bubbles feels like it'd be the most interesting for me.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:51 pm

Ahhh I love the Boys. Every time I hear about the RRBs I think of these amazing fanfictions. Giving so much depth to the characters. Especially for Brick.
I have to admit my cup of tea would be more BubblesxBoomer, but if we're going funky ships I say...Butch and Blossom.
BrickxBubbles, that could be fun.
ButchxBubbles....uuuhhhhhhh...
The thing about PPG/RRB ships that I find so funny? Imagine the family get togethers.
Last edited by MissTikilicious on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:53 pm

Bubbles is more open to the RRB than her sisters. And Butch seems to be the most likely to do as he pleases, now that they've grown.
With Brick's current attitude, I don't think he's much open for any kind of relationship, and we've already been told that Bubbles x Boomer is a no go :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:58 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I'm also unsure on what you mean by Brick being a 'good soldier' because he's taken the least orders out of all the RRB.

It's not a matter of how many orders he's given, but how well he follows them.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:59 pm

What orders are you referring to though?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:29 pm

What intelligence are you referring to?

Also does it matter to debate a characteristic of a character we have no idea if it even exists?
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:38 pm

From the original PPG, minor psychological stuff. He normally initiates and leads his brothers. He addresses problems when the boys weren't collectively blowing everything up. He also manipulates his brothers to an extent, true that they're not smart to begin with, but the fact he naturally does this shows he's street smart.

He has the intelligence, being the ability to learn and practice information, to become more than just the leader of the RRB.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:39 pm

Havoc wrote:I just wonder who Boomer's gonna go after. I say either Buttercup or maybe even Bell.

I actually kind of agree with you on the last one: Boomer x Bell. That one actually sounds really interesting. With Bell semi-intense nature she could help Boomer grow a backbone. While Boomer could help to bring out Bell's nice side again. Maybe even make her get over Susan (Mandark). I truly believe this one could be an interesting combination. But as for PPG/RRB hook ups the only one of those I see ever possible working is the obvious Boomer x Bubbles. Besides that any and all other combo I see a big "NO". But that's just me.
Last edited by Megadon on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:40 pm

BR shot down the Bubbles x Boomer ship.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:43 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:What orders are you referring to though?

None that we've seen, granted. But given his personality in the three-in-a-half pages he's shown up in, he seems to be the most militarily professional of the three. Butch doesn't want to stop having "fun", and Boomer is... Well, so far, he zones out thinking about the PpG. I wouldn't call him cowardly, but maybe introverted.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:48 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if he's just leaching their resources out, but I see what you mean.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:48 pm

I was just saying that it was the only PPG/RRB hook-up I see that could possible work. That's what I was saying. But like say since BR shot that down, then there's just going have to be someone else. But again Boomer x Bell does sound interesting.

@Sigment Boomer to me looks like the one who just be conflicted on what's right and what's wrong, and just leave. And go on a journey to find his own way. So sort of soul-searchy.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby MillennialDan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:01 pm

That whole Dexter×Olga thing still makes me cringe.

Postby MissTikilicious » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:49 pm

I feel like it'll add more drama to Dexter and Blossom's relationship. If the bomb didn't kill em.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby shadownerd221 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:06 am

The mention of shipping has now gotten more interesting. For me, I support both the mixed PPGxRRB pairings and the color-coded pairings. I can't pick a side mostly because I don't want to be involved in arguments about the pairings.

Postby Megadon » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:07 am

@Dan I see that Dexter and Olga kiss as a spur the moment kind of thing. I mean they thought they were going to die. And again Dexter feels guilty for her brothers death so there's that too.

Truthfully, now that I think about it, I see the Dexter/Olga thing as a new family not a relationship. Dexter lost his sister, and she lost her brother. And maybe together they can get back that feeling of family they lost. So again to me Dexter and Olga; new bro and sis, not BF and GF.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby Havoc » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:19 am

To me, the idea of pairing the PPG with their exact RRB counterpart, is just lackluster and boring. Also how fucking narcissistic do you have to be to fall in love with someone just because they look like you?

Megadon wrote:I was just saying that it was the only PPG/RRB hook-up I see that could possible work. That's what I was saying.

Why not? It seems that so long as it's well written and well presented, it would work just fine. Also as it sets; the RRB's characters have a lot to be desired, so I think it's a bit to early to make that call.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:19 am

@Havoc. Because ,again, BR said that Bubbles and Boomer are not happening. And hooking the other up with their counterparts I don't really see working out. Like say the only PPG/RRB relationship that looks like it could work is Bubbles x Boomer, but BR slapped a big "NO" on that. But again your idea of Boomer x Bell does sound interesting.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby Havoc » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:00 am

Again: Why? Why don't you think any of the other hookups would work? I still think you're jumping the gun a bit. We hardly even got to know anything about the RRB. All we got was a brief glimpse at their personalities, nothing more.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MsAnimemangalover » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:04 am

Megadon wrote:@Havoc. Because ,again, BR said that Bubbles and Boomer are not happening. And hooking the other up with their counterparts I don't really see working out. Like say the only PPG/RRB relationship that looks like it could work is Bubbles x Boomer, but BR slapped a big "NO" on that. But again your idea of Boomer x Bell does sound interesting.

Am not against with your idea of pair of Boomer X Bell. :| The reason why Beeare does not want gain upon Boomer to Bubbles it's because he easily falls in love with her.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:38 am

Welcome MsAnimemangalover! (ain't that a long name xD) Please read the rules and enjoy your stay among us!
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Laytho2 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:06 am

Megadon wrote:Olga x Dexter and Blossom x Dexter both work well. But in my opinion I'm still with the Blossom x Dexter thing. And personally I feel their relationship would be better if Dexter could stop getting so serious and upset over every little thing. So what, Olga is Mandark's sister, and you feel guilty for his death. BIG DEAL. Mandark killed himself, it's not your fault. And no doubt he already explained it to her and she's over it. So now it's your turn to get over it and move on with your life.

He's an 10-11 year old boy dude, plus no Olga has never told Dexter she's over it and according to that beach scene she isn't. He can't get over something like being involved in someone's death in the span of a few months dude, let the kid feel. Eventually he'll move on with his life but not yet dude.

Postby Laytho2 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:21 am

Shygirl wrote:when u say canon does that mean shipped? I ship Olga and dexter :3 dolga? I'm more of a blossom x brick person.

Canon means official, as in officially going out or going steady with eachother.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!