Poor fly

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Poor fly

Postby Angel71090 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:26 pm

Looking at how bad this info is I'm going to take a wild guess and say either A: Demongo's is completely incompetent when it comes to gathering info, B: This is old information and no one has updated Demongo on the changes (Very likely considering he seems to have become kind of a laughing stock among Aku's forces) Or C: The spy or informant that gave them this information purposefully fed them false information. I could see either Mandy or Him doing this. Mandy would do it to keep the enemy from knowing the true strength of her forces, while I could see Him feeding Demongo this false information to bait Chi into attacking Castle Grimm. Chi is honestly WAY outgunned here and will get her butt kicked hard. Considering how loving a parent Aku is, Him might be counting on Chi getting hurt to piss off Aku enough to go to war with Mandy in retaliation.
Last edited by Angel71090 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
And here is where i would put my awesome Signature...IF I HAD ONE!
SPOON

Postby The Creator » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:31 pm

this is gonna be goooood.

from what I can tell Demongo will give a brief profile of each member of the family.
In order of strength.

So pain, minnie , grim then mandy I think. unless he includes nergal jr
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby GTFDB » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:41 pm

The Creator wrote:this is gonna be goooood.

from what I can tell Demongo will give a brief profile of each member of the family.
In order of strength.

So pain, minnie , grim then mandy I think. unless he includes nergal jr

That line up better be weakest to strongest

Postby MissTikilicious » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:59 pm

@Angel71090 It's Chi. Mimi is the one who's already in Grim Castle.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Gizmo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:27 am

Now we're gettin somewhere.
Give in to the DARKNESS

Postby GTFDB » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:19 am

Does anyone else wonder if Jr will give Minnie back her powers?

Postby Guardian » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:31 am

No. This isn't AfterBirth.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:36 am

The fact that they already used that storyline in AB makes it very unlikely. I am hoping Minnie gets a power upgrade though. And that the next page will cover her with the same outdated information.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby GTFDB » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:57 am

Blood Lord wrote:No. This isn't AfterBirth.

Afterbirth was labeled non-canon, I'm wondering if Jr gives them back while Minnie is still a kid

Postby Guardian » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:32 am

Let's try this again.

ari-6 wrote:The fact that they already used that storyline in AB makes it very unlikely.

So, no. It is expected not to happen because that already happened in AB. They aren't going to reuse plot devices.

And let's face the facts, Jr giving Minnie back her powers would have defeated nearly every single point of the Halloween Arc.

You will not be seeing Jr giving Minnie back the Nergal Demon (which should kill him, btw).
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Lhines » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:41 pm

As long as Jr is strong enough to make Chi go all out there will inevitably be noise, which will inevitably lead to Chi being massacred by either Jr's sister or *shudder* his mom

Postby GTFDB » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Lhines wrote:As long as Jr is strong enough to make Chi go all out there will inevitably be noise, which will inevitably lead to Chi being massacred by either Jr's sister or *shudder* his mom

Maybe Jr will protect Chi, just maybe.

Postby ari-6 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:49 pm

I feel like Chi's initial opinion of Jr was more than just a little hypocritical and she definitely has the whole "Boys are icky" mindset. I hope, with time, there will be a "Maybe I misjudged you moment". I do hope that in the end, all of the heirs will form an uneasy friendship.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Guardian » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:28 pm

GTFDB wrote:
Lhines wrote:As long as Jr is strong enough to make Chi go all out there will inevitably be noise, which will inevitably lead to Chi being massacred by either Jr's sister or *shudder* his mom

Maybe Jr will protect Chi, just maybe.

What cause would Jr have to protect Chi?

Semper Vigilans

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:30 pm

@Ari
:0 But...but...I.......whatever...
Anyways, I can see how Chi may assume she 'earned' all her riches. Jr being portrayed as a weak and talentless heir, receiving gifts nonetheless, could come off spoiled to her.

@Blood
I wouldn't be surprised to see the cliche, 'main character defending everyone because that's how he is.'
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:31 pm

He had a reason to defend Mimi, but there isn't one for Chi.

She's also on a completely different war path from Mimi.

EDIT: On a side note, I'm going to be looking more into streamlining the conversations here. It may be about GT or the comic that is being talked about, but its a cluster fuck of information and discussions going around. There are a few users that I'm thinking of that are holding this trait.

Please stick to the currently discussed topic and let the conversation flow, naturally. Stop changing the damn topic every five posts. This is how we run out of stuff to talk about.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:36 pm

Jr likely has the more altruistic and forgiving nature now. If he discovers that Chi is fighting to protect Mimi, he'd likely try to talk it out or throw her out, whereas the Mandys may not mind a more painful approach.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby hibige » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:59 pm

Actually tenshi nova. Common knowledge places Minnie as just being good at everything because if you remember correctly she only used her nergal powers in private so nobody would know about them. Therefore if this is outdated the way I think it is then to their knowledge there is no nergal in The house

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:05 pm

I believe someone else already brought that to my attention last page of this thread.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:08 pm

Still an interesting point. The possibility might exist that Demo is completely unaware that Minnie ever had Nergal powers. Unlikely, but still a possibility. However, that wouldn't be outdated information as much as just a lack of information.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Guardian » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:09 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Jr likely has the more altruistic and forgiving nature now. If he discovers that Chi is fighting to protect Mimi, he'd likely try to talk it out or throw her out, whereas the Mandys may not mind a more painful approach.

I'm not discussing his nature. Look at Chi's plan of attack. She is going in not only to save Mimi, but on a quest for vengeance.

Mimi was there for a completely different reason; secure an artifact and save Jeff. She had noble intention and pain from the gauntlet of which Jr's noble intentions worked to save her from further pain/punishment and possibly death from Mandy. His sheltering is protecting Mimi not only from Mandy, but more importantly from Him. Now she is in a place where she can grow and recover.

Chi is not fighting for Mimi, but to recover Mimi. In that wake she will lay waste to the family and I quote "if he (Jr) so much as touch[es] Mimi, I'll break his spine". She, if successful, will reuinte Mimi with the demonic portion and bring her back to the life she had left, one that is under Him and against the Grim's.

Jr does not have a reason to pull a 180 and stand in defense of Chi. IF he knew she just wanted Mimi, maybe he would give Mimi up. BUT doing so is going to put Mimi back into a dangerous position and would be a greater evil than keeping her safe and away from Chi.

It might be his nature, but as of now, he has NO REASON TO PROTECT CHI BECAUSE ONE HASN'T BEEN GIVEN THAT WOULD BE MORALLY ACCEPTABLE FOR HIM.

There has to be a reason for his nature to engage. Without said reason, there is no engagement of his nature.

Would Jr step in front of firing squad to defend a girl he barely knows that is a potential threat to the two women he holds the most dear in his life? If given the right reason, yes. But it has to be the right reason, especially when trying to stop an ally from destroying a enemy.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Lhines » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:40 pm

regardless, if Mandy finds out Chi is lurking about there's not a chance she'll let Chi leave, having both Him's and Aku's daughters as hostages?
I could possibly see Minni letting Chi take Mimi back, just so she would have an excuse to put an arrow through both of them.

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:23 pm

Funny that's his character given that these are "Grim Tales". Tales that are supposed to be dark (which they are) but you would think Jr.'s character would be a little dark and sinister himself. Then again, he could just have inherited some traits from his father, whoever he is.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Havoc » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:35 pm

I'm sorta hoping Jr isn't like Goku or Luffy. I want him to be a little on the cruel side. He is Mandy's child after all, so hopefully he has some level of apathy, at least for his foes. Another thing I wondered was if Jr needs souls in order to use his Negal powers. Like souls are a source of power and right now, the Nergal is utilizing the souls from Halloween Town. I'm sorta hoping for this, since this would put a cap on his seemingly limitless powers so he's not so OP.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby GTFDB » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:47 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Jr likely has the more altruistic and forgiving nature now. If he discovers that Chi is fighting to protect Mimi, he'd likely try to talk it out or throw her out, whereas the Mandys may not mind a more painful approach.

My moneys on talking to her

EDIT:
Havoc wrote:I'm sorta hoping Jr isn't like Goku or Luffy. I want him to be a little on the cruel side. He is Mandy's child after all, so hopefully he has some level of apathy, at least for his foes. Another thing I wondered was if Jr needs souls in order to use his Negal powers. Like souls are a source of power and right now, the Nergal is utilizing the souls from Halloween Town. I'm sorta hoping for this, since this would put a cap on his seemingly limitless powers so he's not so OP.

Just because he's the son of the most cold hearted person in human history, dosent mean he has to cruel like her
Last edited by Guardian on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post. USe your edit button next time.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!