Poor fly

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Poor fly

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:10 pm

Welcome to the site then. We have a few people here who are not native English speakers.

As time moves on though, and depending on your interaction with the site, you will gain a greater understanding of English.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to post them or to PM a Moderator.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:12 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:Chi having laser beams? I would have not her have that power (NO LASER BEAMS FOR YOU!!!) but yeah, if Chi would go up against Jr., it might be a pretty decent fight between the two, given experience and such taken into account. For me personally, if Chi would to face Minnie now at her current state, she would destroy Chi. I'm sorry, but I can just see it happening, with her nergal power and her mother's rage (Mandy's inherited rage), there's no contest imo, but I could be wrong.

You're talking about Minnie right? Because she doesn't have Nergal powers anymore. And I don't think she has much control over Junior's Nergal anymore (if he is even present at the fight). Junior has been bonding with the Nergaling so much, I doubt that it will still obey Minnie. But I also think the laser beam is an advanced ability that Chi probably won't be able to use right now.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby MissTikilicious » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:15 pm

@Tenshi Nova Was it ever made public knowledge to the rest of the Underworld that Minnie's dad is not Grim but a Nergal?
@ULTRADJ When it comes to Minnie getting rid of Mimi, she's not going to even bother handing Mimi over to Chi, she's just going to kill her. Preferably in a very painful manner. Mimi has played a part, whether through confrontation or indirect circumstance, in completely humiliating Minnie. She's not gonna just give her back to Chi with a bow on top, I feel like Minnie wants to take her time and enjoy her sweet, spiteful revenge.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:44 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:Was it ever made public knowledge to the rest of the Underworld that Minnie's dad is not Grim but a Nergal?

It is most likely that it is known that she isn't Grim's daughter, but the Nergal thing seems to be quiet.

It is never state anywhere in the comic.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:11 pm

In my opinion: a three-way fight between Chi, Jr, and Minnie right off the bat seems like it would be a bit of a mess. I'm sorta hoping for Minnie vs Jr, then Chi jumps in later. If Chi wins against Junior and/or Minnie, I'm gonna be so pissed.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:16 pm

@Blood
I guess so. With the info on Jr being limited to poor trumpet playing, we can only be sure that Minnie is known for dancing.
I wonder how much Chi knows about Minnie. A famous dancer and singer, both daughters of infamous lords.

@Havoc
shush :p
The fight must be played out, in all honesty, I don't see Minnie doing much without some kind of boost.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby GTFDB » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:20 pm

Havoc wrote:In my opinion: a three-way fight between Chi, Jr, and Minnie right off the bat seems like it would be a bit of a mess. I'm sorta hoping for Minnie vs Jr, then Chi jumps in later. If Chi wins against Junior and/or Minnie, I'm gonna be so pissed.

The only thing that would make Jr ever fight Minnie is if she tried to kill Mimi.

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I guess so. With the info on Jr being limited to poor trumpet playing, we can only be sure that Minnie is known for dancing.
I wonder how much Chi knows about Minnie. A famous dancer and singer, both daughters of infamous lords.

Although Minnie performs on the opposing end of the entertainment spectrum from Chi, I am actually expecting Chi to know a little bit about Minnie precisely for that reason.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:29 pm

GTFDB wrote:
Havoc wrote:In my opinion: a three-way fight between Chi, Jr, and Minnie right off the bat seems like it would be a bit of a mess. I'm sorta hoping for Minnie vs Jr, then Chi jumps in later. If Chi wins against Junior and/or Minnie, I'm gonna be so pissed.

The only thing that would make Jr ever fight Minnie is if she tried to kill Mimi.

And that's exactly what I want to see. I want to see a dramatic battle between brother and sister; two people that love each other, do to conflicting ideals.

Tenshi Nova wrote:shush :p
The fight must be played out, in all honesty, I don't see Minnie doing much without some kind of boost.

Define "boost".
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby GTFDB » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:15 pm

Something that can give Minnie a little more power, a little more oomph in battle, do you get it, havoc?

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:20 pm

I think the popular fan prediction is that Minnie gets the Him essence, which would also hopefully come with hammerspace.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:25 pm

That can be possible since it's in love with Minnie so it can help her in many ways unless Mimi gets it back somehow.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:26 pm

The thought that it loves Minnie is still questionable. Someone once brought up that the thing may love malice, so when Minnie went berserk, the thing got excited.

In a situation where Minnie gets mad enough at Jr x Mimi, I'd like to see her resort to desperate power.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:28 pm

Its attracted to negative passions. So that feeling and vibe it was getting from Minnie is what was attracting it to her.

Semper Vigilans

Postby nyrrea » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:42 pm

So is this the first time Grim Jr. 'officialy' reaps a soul, and why is Chi being fed such outdated information? Doesn't Aku keep tabs on the Grim family, or is Demongo just doing this to spite her?
:unsure:

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:54 pm

No Minnie was the first soul he reaped and all this could had happen in the last few days so the information didn't go through fully and not as fast as it could have been.

Postby BloodBrandy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:34 pm

nyrrea wrote:So is this the first time Grim Jr. 'officialy' reaps a soul, and why is Chi being fed such outdated information? Doesn't Aku keep tabs on the Grim family, or is Demongo just doing this to spite her?
:unsure:

I think Demongo is just horribly out of date, considering his main responsibility for at least a while has been watching Chi. Given the thing about the trumpet, it's possible he hasn't had any sight of the Grim kids since they were even younger.

Mimi_Fan_Girl wrote:No Minnie was the first soul he reaped and all this could had happen in the last few days so the information didn't go through fully and not as fast as it could have been.

Wrong, the first souls Junior reaped were the Oogie's Boys and Oogie himself, which were then eaten, along with a good chunk of the Halloweentown population (Which I hope he coughed up or something).

Also, I think it was said that it's been a few weeks since Mimi lost her powers, so it's been even longer since the Reaper Beast incident, which would have spread like wildfire
The Ender of Pizzas

Postby midochiku » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Yes Junior has a better relationship with his nergal powers, and a better control, but that means nothing. He had the same amount of control when he was fighting Mimi, and she managed to beat both him and Minnie. Chi is probably substantially more stronger than Mimi, so don't knock her down for the count just yet. Then again, seeing as how Junior is the comic's protagonist, he probably won't lose. The hero never loses.
“Knew you the second you set foot on my property, kid. Even as young as you were, how could I not? Folks want to blame someone for gals like us. “Her daddy was unkind” or “some fella broke her heart” … Hogwash. You and me’ve always been like this. Always a little removed. Always… dreaming.Of higher, further, faster… more. Always more. We came into this world spittin’ mad, runnin’ full bore… To or from what, I ain’t never been able to tell. Over the years, I’ve come to think of these particular traits as the shared attributes of a chosen people… the Lord put us here to punch holes in the sky. And when the soul is born with that kind of purpose… It’ll damn sure find a way. We’re gonna get where we’re going, you and me. Death and indignity be damned… we’ll get there……And we will be the stars we were always meant to be.”
Helen Cobb, Captain Marvel #1
Bucky No

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:42 pm

BloodBrandy wrote:Also, I think it was said that it's been a few weeks since Mimi lost her powers, so it's been even longer since the Reaper Beast incident, which would have spread like wildfire

Show us! No assumptions!
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:43 pm

midochiku wrote:He had the same amount of control when he was fighting Mimi, and she managed to beat both him and Minnie

He wasn't fighting her...

Semper Vigilans

Postby DarkKing » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:11 pm

Yeah he was mostly just letting Mimi use him as a punching bag since he didn't want to hurt her and now he's friends with his Nergaling so it will lend him it's power more willingly. Chi has just bearly scratched the surface of her powers so I think a fight with Jr. will end about as well as Mimi VS Skulker unless she can turn into a dragon or something.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Even then he can just reap her.

That does assume a lot about Reaping Powers though.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:56 pm

GTFDB wrote:Something that can give Minnie a little more power, a little more oomph in battle, do you get it, havoc?

I just didn't know if Tenshi meant Minnie needed motivation to attack Jr, or a boost in strength to match his power.

Blood Lord wrote:Even then he can just reap her.

That does assume a lot about Reaping Powers though.

Here's a crazy idea; just thought I'd throw it out there: Could Junior use his reaper powers to separate Blossom's soul (or part of it) from Chi?

@nyrrea: Welcome to the forums, bro.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Hmm, I'll think on that Havoc.

My initial reaction is that he wouldn't. That the soul fragments are part of Chi's soul in an inseparable way.

A very... interesting idea I just thought of while typing this is that Chi was either born with a disability or afflicted with something to leave her in a comatose state. Blossom's soul was used to reverse this. Aku then loved the hell out of his daughter. I think I still prefer what I originally came up with, that the fragment was used to make her.

Kind of a jump in that and away from your original question.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:19 pm

Havoc wrote:
GTFDB wrote:Something that can give Minnie a little more power, a little more oomph in battle, do you get it, havoc?

I just didn't know if Tenshi meant Minnie needed motivation to attack Jr, or a boost in strength to match his power.

Both, with the addition of matching against Chi if it happens.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!