Poor fly

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:07 pm

NEK: Again “facts” versus “fiction” XD. Still it’s always nice to see our Dear Jr. on the move. And it seems he’s ripping into more than just the pavement. *sigh* They grow up so fast.
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Poor fly

Postby GTFDB » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Looks like demego giving chi some bad information, She dosent know what shes up against.

Postby Misery Chord » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:56 pm

What a packed, interesting page.

What I like most about the page is the bit with the fly, and how well its contrasted against the muffins and a visual reminder of Mimi's own hunger. Apparently the fusion of Junior and the Nergal Demon still has a hunger for souls. I had thought that the conclusion of the fight in Halloweentown meant that the specific problem was resolved and that the symbiosis between Junior and the Nergal half was the major problem. Even if the hunger for souls is not a problem right now, I like how the specter is both figuratively and literally raised.

However, I am also surprised at the outdated information Demo is feeding Chi. While I don't expect the extent of Junior's abilities to be known, I thought the whole "rampage on Halloweentown" would have been news around the underworld, especially since Junior ended up showcasing his new abilities in another pocket realm. Wouldn't even the possibility he has some sort of powers be common knowledge at this point?

Imagine if Chi had assumed the form of a fly and tried to fly in. Let's hope she finds another way in.

Postby The Creator » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Okay first off great page.

Next is Chi a hypocrite or what?! She was just as pampered as Jr.

So Demongo's information is either extremely outdated or Mandy and Gfim are aware of the informant and are feed ing him false information of buying him off.

Honestly now more than ever I am looking forward to this fight, and it really does look like there will be one. Chi seems to be on the offensive and angry (the spine snapping thing was clue enough). The fight will be good Chi has all this raw power and grim Jr and the Nergal are in sync and are getting better.

5 mirrors?! So is minne just drawing Mimi's face on them then slashing them apart?! Expensive hobby.

That fly has devil horns. I wonder if they are called Beelzebubs or something in the Underworld.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Mr.Scratch » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:33 pm

Does the fly count as reaping?

Postby GTFDB » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:50 pm

I wonder how Jr fights, my guess is that he has the scythe skills of Maka Albarn but his fighting skills are still unknown.

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:20 pm

I wouldn't underestimate Jr. True, we haven't seen the whole extent of his abilities outside of the whole "Halloween Town" incident and facing off against Minnie and Him that one time (well, it was technically the angel guy who slashed off Him's claw, but details), but I bet he's at least honed down some skills and is probably a pretty good fighter, so Chi will have some trouble facing him (I'm secretly hoping an intense battle where Chi and Jr. face off, Minnie beats Chi to near death out of pure anger, maybe with the red demonic Him influence thing controlling her actions a bit, Mimi just bystanding of course, and the big fight between Minnie and Jr. as it was foretold commences)
Just Rockin

Postby GTFDB » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:57 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:I wouldn't underestimate Jr. True, we haven't seen the whole extent of his abilities outside of the whole "Halloween Town" incident and facing off against Minnie and Him that one time (well, it was technically the angel guy who slashed off Him's claw, but details), but I bet he's at least honed down some skills and is probably a pretty good fighter, so Chi will have some trouble facing him (I'm secretly hoping an intense battle where Chi and Jr. face off, Minnie beats Chi to near death out of pure anger, maybe with the red demonic Him influence thing controlling her actions a bit, Mimi just bystanding of course, and the big fight between Minnie and Jr. as it was foretold commences)

I would never underestimate Jr, I'm just saying we haven't seen his skills in hand to hand combat.

Postby DarkKing » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:01 am

lol Demongo needs to fire whoever his informant is. I can see this outdated info leading to Chi's inevitable downfall. Also this page just further adds to my hatred of Chi's character :angry:.

The Creator wrote:Next is Chi a hypocrite or what?! She was just as pampered as Jr.

Heck I'd say she was even more pampered than Jr. since Aku likes to spoil her and shes the idol of the City of Aku.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby GTFDB » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:34 am

DarkKing, I couldn't agree more

Postby Havoc » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:44 am

Same here. I really hope Chi gets her ass kicked, because that bitch needs a good beating. I really don't know if Chi's character was meant to be hated or not. But if she was, they did an outstanding job at it. I would love to see Jr's hand-to-hand skills. I want Jr to be an actual fighter, and not just a piss-ant hiding behind super powers.
Last edited by Havoc on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Drago2552 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:22 am

Dam what a great page. Been waiting a while for this. Anyways my birthday is on March 17 so this is a great gift. If only bleedman can draw me a picture.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:01 am

GTFDB wrote:I wonder how Jr fights, my guess is that he has the scythe skills of Maka Albarn but his fighting skills are still unknown.

He is kinda in the same situation (only watched 8 eps of Soul Eater though). But he has a scythe with the Nergaling in it. Also when the Nergaling ate the soul of that bug it reminded me of Soul Eater.

Anyways great page. I really like this one.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby DarkKing » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:39 am

I think Jr.'s sycthe will be his main weapon, but he'll also make other stuff as well depending on the situation. The nergaling's power is really versitile so theres a lot he could do with it. Also seeing all the stuff that Jr. and Nergal Jr. can do really makes me wonder how strong Nergal is and what kind of crazy stuff he can do since he's the original.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:18 am

Chi is going to be so angry when she finds out that Jr is the a bigger threat than she thought and get her ass beat. But Minnie is going to be far much harder than Jr will ever be.

Postby GTFDB » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:39 am

Mimi_Fan_Girl wrote:Chi is going to be so angry when she finds out that Jr is the a bigger threat than she thought and get her ass beat. But Minnie is going to be far much harder than Jr will ever be.

You don't think people already know this?

Postby midochiku » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:56 am

I wouldn't exactly underestimate Chi either. We have yet to see her truly use her powers in acts other than temper tantrums. And never forget that she is the daughter of Aku. We've already seen how she used shape-shifting with out even knowing she could, and that was in a moment of anger. If she were to get in a fight with Junior, her blood would be pumping, adrenaline would be surging, she would be pretty pissed, and would probably unleash some more powers she didn't know she had.
“Knew you the second you set foot on my property, kid. Even as young as you were, how could I not? Folks want to blame someone for gals like us. “Her daddy was unkind” or “some fella broke her heart” … Hogwash. You and me’ve always been like this. Always a little removed. Always… dreaming.Of higher, further, faster… more. Always more. We came into this world spittin’ mad, runnin’ full bore… To or from what, I ain’t never been able to tell. Over the years, I’ve come to think of these particular traits as the shared attributes of a chosen people… the Lord put us here to punch holes in the sky. And when the soul is born with that kind of purpose… It’ll damn sure find a way. We’re gonna get where we’re going, you and me. Death and indignity be damned… we’ll get there……And we will be the stars we were always meant to be.”
Helen Cobb, Captain Marvel #1
Bucky No

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:00 pm

She has no idea how to control them though. Jr on the other hand is getting experienced and versed in how to use him. Chi might freak out and unleash another power, but that's going to be just about as big of a problem for her as it will be for him.

Let's also not forget that this is Grim Jr, he is a Nergal hybrid, the most OP character we have.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:08 pm

@midochiku This could work but if Chi just unleashes her power without any control she would beserker and when it comes to fighting tactics they are predictable.
Chi's survival chance depends on who she comes across first. If it's Jr, she has a good surpise shot at him, and then he'll probably spend most of the fight trying to figure out who the hell is the crazy girl attacking him. If it's Minnie.....well considering her mood and the amount of broken mirrors....cue the blood splatter. :gun:
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:14 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Chi had an extended understanding of her powers, given how Aku and Blossom respectively did too.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:24 pm

However when she flips, which she probably will, she will use aspects of her powers that she doesn't know (maybe even her laser beam) however although she might know what that power is she might not be able to control it simply because she's flipping or that is too much for her to handle. Junior on the other hand is best buds with his Nergaling, and that combined with his abilities to wield the scythe should make him OP. And because she is out for Mimi he will do everything to defend Mimi.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:27 pm

Thus Minnie will be the interesting wild card.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:29 pm

I do wonder how that will play out. Demo's information regarding Minnie should place her as the nergal in the castle.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Chi having laser beams? I would have not her have that power (NO LASER BEAMS FOR YOU!!!) but yeah, if Chi would go up against Jr., it might be a pretty decent fight between the two, given experience and such taken into account. For me personally, if Chi would to face Minnie now at her current state, she would destroy Chi. I'm sorry, but I can just see it happening, with her nergal power and her mother's rage (Mandy's inherited rage), there's no contest imo, but I could be wrong. I know this might not happen, but what if the possibility of Minnie overhearing Jr. and Chi talking whilst fighting over Mimi, she then just throws Mimi into the fray or at Chi just to get rid of her, or just tries to kill her while no one's looking? Two farfetched ideas, but I'd like someone to elaborate on why it might or might not happen just for the hell of it. I mean, for me, any chance to get rid of Mimi so she will stay far away from her brother, she will take it, possibly. It's unknown exactly to what extant (aside from possibly massacring Mimi) Minnie will do to get rid of Mimi yet.
Just Rockin

Postby lionqueen145 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:05 pm

she is given bad information so I think is natural for her to think Jr is pathetic if she doesnt know about the nergal part so when they fight she might underestimate him and not think in a good plan. Is going to be difficult for her but I think she is going to be also difficult not only becouse of her power but becuse we dont know if she has had training like Minnie. She is the heir of aku so she might had an education and formation.
I know Jr didnt had that training and he is the heir of Grimm but Aku can be different :) . But to tell the truth I want a fight with Minnie.

English is not my native language so I might have a lot of mistakes I will try to not make them in the future ;)

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!