Entering A Transitional Period - 2005-2010

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:43 am

BeeAre: The title of this page says a lot. There was a hiatus that went on for quite some time. But! The comic still lives! It was on the 146th comic, "Form Up", in the Forgotten, we released the first page that I had written for as a member of the team!! :D Hooray!
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Entering A Transitional Period - 2005-2010

Postby bubblescute » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:49 am

Goooodd!! Lol

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:10 pm

I love all the funny quotes that all the characters had to say. Most of it is what the readers had thought, how clever.

Postby The Darkitect » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:24 pm

There is sort of a typo on the last part of the panel...

"empty wastes of theSEA OF TRANQUILITY."

Just want to point that out...

Anyways, I love how Blossom and Dexter were all like "you gave me a kiss of life" "yeah that happened" and "I guess were dating now" "I like this plan!". The sheer fact that everyone is breaking the fourth wall and making fun of the things that happened in THEIR OWN COMIC is funny to me. The pure joy... :D

Postby Krest » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:22 pm

"NagaxBell is not canon."

Priceless!
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby GTFDB » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Krest wrote:"NagaxBell is not canon."

Priceless!

I say it's canon

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:29 pm

So it seems that there is only one page left for the recap before we finally get to know what the bomb does.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Archon_370 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:38 pm

I'm not sure i wanna accept that "I guess we're dating now" comment considering he kissed Mandark's sister in the explosion :frown: Alas, time will tell.
“If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders - What would you tell him?"

"I…don't know. What…could he do? What would you tell him?"

"To shrug.”
― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
The more you beat a man. The taller he stands.

Postby ULTRADJ » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:40 pm

According to my calculations I made up in my head, there should be one more recap page before we can dive into the story again. I suggest doing that page right after this one just to get it over with, imo. Whatever happens after the bomb hopefully will keep me entertained.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:41 pm

Archon_370 wrote:I'm not sure i wanna accept that "I guess we're dating now" comment considering he kissed Mandark's sister in the explosion :frown: Alas, time will tell.

You do realize this is a summary of past events, right? It may have been true then, but some factor could have weakened that bond.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:51 pm

Also, it was a 'final' kiss. They all thought they were going to die.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:04 pm

Not to mention he thought Blossom was dead. Why the hell are we getting back into this?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby GTFDB » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:03 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:So it seems that there is only one page left for the recap before we finally get to know what the bomb does.

IT'LL BLOW UP! WHAT ELSE DO YOU THINK A BOMB WOULD DO, GIVE OUT CANDY?!?!?!?!

Postby Popthekirby » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:39 pm

Of course it is. I thought you knew bombs were just deadly pinatas. :grin:

On a serious note:

We all know the bomb is going to blow up, but obviously it isn't your average bomb.
After all, bombs don't ussally affect the entire earth, and if they did, what would be the point of killing everyone?

Postby Sigment » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:05 pm

GTFDB wrote:
Darkingdomhearts wrote:So it seems that there is only one page left for the recap before we finally get to know what the bomb does.

:roll: The bomb is not explosive. It is some sort of chrono-bomb, I guess you could call it. What Dark meant is what specific effect will the bomb have. Will they go forward in time, or backward? Will they wind up at a location far away from the convention (remember, some chrono effects only alter time, not location)?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby ULTRADJ » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:21 pm

I just hope after the effects of the bomb it'll be the final stretch of the arc and everything will be revealed on the bad guys, then move on to the next arc.
Just Rockin

Postby GTFDB » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:29 pm

Sigment wrote:
GTFDB wrote:

:roll: The bomb is not explosive. It is some sort of chrono-bomb, I guess you could call it. What Dark meant is what specific effect will the bomb have. Will they go forward in time, or backward? Will they wind up at a location far away from the convention (remember, some chrono effects only alter time, not location)?

Ok ok I see your point

Postby AgentZero » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:46 pm

Archon_370 wrote:I'm not sure i wanna accept that "I guess we're dating now" comment considering he kissed Mandark's sister in the explosion :frown: Alas, time will tell.

Remember the comment BR (or was it Bleedman?) made on that page.

"You're hanging from a cliff and you see a strawberry. What do you do?"

I think someone mentioned this, but there's an old zen tale about a man who was running away from a pack of tigers. He slipped and almost fell off a cliff, but hung on to a branch sticking out of it just in time. Alas, there were more tigers below, and the branch began to break. The man looked helplessly around, and saw a strawberry hanging from the branch. He ate it, and proclaimed it was the sweetest strawberry he had eaten in his life.

I believe that the Dexter/Olga moment on that page was a reference to this tale. Dexter had lost all his hope, and he knew that his life was ending. So he took advantage of the moment and tasted the strawberry. (That's what she said.)
SORRY IF THIS WAS OBVIOUS TO MOST OF YOU. AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE, I AM QUITE SLOW ON THE UPTAKE.
"I did not trip and fall, I attacked the floor and I am winning."
"I am on a seafood diet. I see food, I eat it."
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years."
Dont Blink

Postby Krest » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:10 pm

So, if I was hanging from a cliff, and you were a strawberry, you wouldn't mind me kissing you, Zero?

Postby ULTRADJ » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:10 pm

There's a version from Hank Hill that replaces the Strawberry with Gatorade and the zen dude with a famous foot ball player and the tigers were running backs of foot ball, but the original version works too.
Like I said before, I'd prefer if they work on the last recap page right away since it's not that much left to go over and finish the bomb arc and... do something about Dr. X? I have no idea where it's going to head from there. It's like I said a forth month ago this story is so unpredictable in it's plot I have no idea where it's heading. The story itself has no idea where it's heading either, unless BR does have something planned to fix all that. I'm just at a loss is all, nothing more or less.
Just Rockin

Postby Krest » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:14 pm

Knowing BR, we'll probably get a live action film after we finish the arc.

Postby AgentZero » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:46 pm

Haha, never heard the hank hill version... And I agree, even though this recap is pretty cool, and funny, I can't wait to get back to the story.
And Krest, to put it shortly, I WOULD mind. So no.
"I did not trip and fall, I attacked the floor and I am winning."
"I am on a seafood diet. I see food, I eat it."
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years."
Dont Blink

Postby Krest » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:25 am

Pssssh >.> My pickup lines never work.

Hey BR, quick question, is the art style going to change again? I've noticed that the characters have been getting taller over time, and other things have changed size/angle too.

Postby Havoc » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:00 am

AgentZero wrote:

Remember the comment BR (or was it Bleedman?) made on that page.

"You're hanging from a cliff and you see a strawberry. What do you do?"

I think someone mentioned this, but there's an old zen tale about a man who was running away from a pack of tigers. He slipped and almost fell off a cliff, but hung on to a branch sticking out of it just in time. Alas, there were more tigers below, and the branch began to break. The man looked helplessly around, and saw a strawberry hanging from the branch. He ate it, and proclaimed it was the sweetest strawberry he had eaten in his life.

I believe that the Dexter/Olga moment on that page was a reference to this tale. Dexter had lost all his hope, and he knew that his life was ending. So he took advantage of the moment and tasted the strawberry. (That's what she said.)
SORRY IF THIS WAS OBVIOUS TO MOST OF YOU. AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE, I AM QUITE SLOW ON THE UPTAKE.

I remember reading that page back before I made my profile. Man, the whole "Olga and Dexter kissing" thing caused a real shit-storm. I remember getting the Tiger and Cliff reference since I saw it on King of the Hill. I remeber the one Kahn told.Here's the clip for the episode, just encase anyone is interested.

I'm still not clear on Olga's motives, but I sorta want to know. At first, I thought Olga was secretly working for Black Eden since her brother worked for them, and she might want revenge. But the attack on the science fair made me think otherwise. Unless she was just playing it up, but I highly doubt it. When I first saw this page, I thought Olga's was holding a small knife in her hand.

GTFDB wrote:
Sigment wrote:
GTFDB wrote:

Ok ok I see your point

Here kid; read this.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:19 am

I think Olga likes Dexter like Mandark liked DD. And when she found out Dexter was a part of Mandark's death, her feelings got skewed, thus she's stalking Dexter to try to find some "answers".

If this is the case, then that kiss probably made her MORE emotionally confused, rather than less.

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!