'The Early... Year' - The 2004 Era

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: 'The Early... Year' - The 2004 Era

Postby Drago2552 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:29 am

So Bell is not a machine right?

Also the Boys are coming back they have to do something huge.

Postby silvercover » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:35 am

anyone else notice how mojo's beast has a lion face on its chest?

or was it already noted before in the beginning? sorry I dont know, as I wasnt involved that far back with PPGD.

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:45 am

I dont know, just go to the archive and go to that chapter. I for one am just glad that they are doing an accurate (include most details) summary of the previous chapters. As for the Rowdyrough puffs, they are either going to be complete idiots or coming in during the last few pages to buy enough time for the girls to do whatever they need to do to stop the bomb. The usual.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:53 am

ah the good old days when this comic made sense... good times, good times.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:09 am

Drago2552 wrote:So Bell is not a machine right?

Bell is not a machine. It's a play on the situation of Bell in Griddle's fanfiction of PpGD where she is indeed a robot. A lot of people get that mixed up and assume that Griddle's fanfiction influences the comic. It does not influence the comic.

There is a lot of meta jokes in these pages.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:20 pm

CrimsonCreed wrote:ah the good old days when this comic made sense... good times, good times.

elaborate!
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby ULTRADJ » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:54 pm

BeeAre wrote:
CrimsonCreed wrote:ah the good old days when this comic made sense... good times, good times.

elaborate!

Hey! No one worded posts! *gets thrown off a cliff for yelling at BR*
Jokes aside, I can only guess he means that in the first arc, it was clear what Mandark's revenge plan was and who backed him up. In this arc, we have a bomb that we have no idea (well, somewhat of an idea) what it does because it's somehow Dr.X's "master plan" that really isn't clear since we know nothing about him and now in the next chapter more characters like the RRB's and cluster (don't know if that's true and don't know your plans) thrown in out of nowhere and haven't seen since 5 chapters and 5 years ago.
I can see how it can get a little confusing for some.
Just Rockin

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:17 pm

Thank you, but yea it's clear right now we have a bomb about ready to blow up and that it has something to do with time, my questions are; why does Dr. X need a bomb to manipulate time?, What do the Roudyruff Boys have to do with these current events, if at all with the series? And also i get that Dr. X needs Mojo Jojo's vast intellect but what exactly does Mojo have that Dr. X needed so badly?
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:28 pm

Your questions do little to explain why you find the comic to be less clear now, as opposed to the early years.

You've been here a year, things are clear to you in perspective because you'd go to the next page and it would give another piece of the information. You have now caught up to the information line in which some information is denied to you at this time to help build the plot of the story.

Granting you or any person knowledge of these is like spoiling a movie or a book to someone. It's something you do not need to know at this time. Drama and suspense are key factors in any story, you need to build things up for your readers and the strategic placement of information is one of those critical factors. While it might be acutely annoying, in the long run, it makes it enjoyable.

CrimsonCreed wrote:And also i get that Dr. X needs Mojo Jojo's vast intellect but what exactly does Mojo have that Dr. X needed so badly?

http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=68

Dr X need's Mojo for his experienced knowledge of the girls. Such a move indicates that he is either checking his sources, and/or that every powerpuff is unique or else he would have known everything from creating Bell.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:58 pm

Yeah, but I would at least like a hint to Dr.X's past. It's been ten years now. If he and his past have been kept in the dark this long, I'm guessing we're in for a huge surprise soon, I hope at least.
Just Rockin

Postby BeeAre » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:18 pm

See, that's what I'm trying to point out: Dr. X's mysterious goals have ALWAYS been a part of the comic.

There has ALWAYS been a load of "what is actually going on in this comic?"

There's been no decrease in sense-making, just more clearly spelled out moments of "WE ARE NOT TELLING YOU THIS RIGHT NOW".

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:32 pm

Basically, the second new 1 question is answered, 5 more will be born.
Preparing the proper stage for certain information will be the most beneficial in the long run.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:34 pm

Well, despite the long wait, I do have confidence in your abilities, so I already know I won't be disappointed. In my opinion, since it's been ten long years, maybe time to release the answers? I mean, at this point, with the mystery and everything, I judge it's about time, but that's just me of course, you already have a cool plan. Mystery is a good thing in a story, just don't keep people in the dark for too long, and it shouldn't be the sole focus (I'm not saying it is in this comic, just in general) of a story, more like a side focus or something while the main plot goes on strong!
Just Rockin

Postby Yarott » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:08 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Basically, the second new 1 question is answered, 5 more will be born.
Preparing the proper stage for certain information will be the most beneficial in the long run.

The moment I thought that asking for a recap would've been a good idea, was also the moment (well, a few minutes after doing so) that it hit me: THIS will raise a lot more questions, depending on how the writers do the recapping. Of course, that's also the goal! But I'm sure that should've been expected for some time now.
Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:32 am

Dr. Mandalor wrote:I dont know, just go to the archive and go to that chapter. I for one am just glad that they are doing an accurate (include most details) summary of the previous chapters. As for the Rowdyrough puffs, they are either going to be complete idiots or coming in during the last few pages to buy enough time for the girls to do whatever they need to do to stop the bomb. The usual.

Let me answer that with a quote from the first post:
Bleedman wrote:BeeAre: Or the Rowdyruffs. Those confounded Rowdyruffs They existed. But they're important later. Much later. So much later we haven't gotten around to their part yet.

So they won't be in this chapter for sure, so we won't have a cliche in which they help the girls, because that isn't necessary. It will probably be after this arc. I also don't really care for the RRB, I want to see more of Mojo Jojo and something of Princess Morbucks (ever since Bleed posted that picture of her on DA I got interested in how she could fit into the story, as it seemed like she was observing the fight).
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Oh I so want to see Princess Morbucks and Mojo way more than the RRB's. I don't know how they will fit in the story "later", but we'll see I guess.
Just Rockin

Postby foxkid11 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:49 pm

I'm Liking The Recaps Already, They're AWESOME!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
I'm The Fox Warrior Who Never Backs Down from a Fight.
We're the Fox Warriors!!!

Postby Havoc » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:52 am

Darkingdomhearts wrote:So they won't be in this chapter for sure, so we won't have a cliche in which they help the girls, because that isn't necessary. It will probably be after this arc. I also don't really care for the RRB, I want to see more of Mojo Jojo and something of Princess Morbucks (ever since Bleed posted that picture of her on DA I got interested in how she could fit into the story, as it seemed like she was observing the fight).

I know some people aren't fond of the RRB, but I would really like to see them on the story, heroes, or antiheroes. I do like the idea of Morbucks making a return, but even more so if she has a fair amount of interaction with some of the other characters, like Bell or Dexter. I don't really give a shit about Mojo. Honestly, I would prefer it if we could avoid using too many villains from the PPG cartoon. It just seems drab and unadventurous. I would much rather see some new villains, such as OCs (exp.Bell) or characters from other shows and such, but reworked as more serious villains (exp.Sam and Mandark). I would still like to see Bunny brought back as a normal Puff, but on the side of evil.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:23 am

Well, I'd really like Princess Morebucks in the story, not so much for the RRB, and as for villains, it's a crossover from different shows, so I'd think we'll see a huge variety guaranteed, along with some OC for sure.
Just Rockin

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:39 am

Yeah, Princess always has been my second favorite villain in PPGD, next to HIM. I think she would fit into the story well. Maybe her new outfit is made by the Cluster, and instead of having connections to Dr. X, she has connections with Vexus. I'm also interested in how they will work out the RRB thingy, but it's not really something I'm waiting for.

Bunny certainly is someone I want to see return too. However since she is dead, could she be friends with Dee Dee in Heaven? Or will she just appear alive/recreated in the story and then have the super strong form like in the promo art. Also still waiting for Mac and Bloo although I have no idea where they would fit in the story.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:26 pm

The thought of Foster's entering the story has been mentioned before. Personally, I don't think their world would mix well with PPGD.

I rather see Morebucks join the school and treat the girls as a rival there. A backstory similar to, the girls dare go to a super school without her in it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:12 am

I want to see Morebucks a more serious villain, and not just a "kiddy rival". The picture of her in a pseudo Iron Man suit made me want to see her and the PPG duke it out. I'm hoping she joins Black Eden, and then at some point finds herself way in over her head.

Darkingdomhearts wrote:Bunny certainly is someone I want to see return too. However since she is dead, could she be friends with Dee Dee in Heaven? Or will she just appear alive/recreated in the story and then have the super strong form like in the promo art. Also still waiting for Mac and Bloo although I have no idea where they would fit in the story.

Having Bunny appear as a holy spirit would be interesting, I sorta like the idea, but at the same time, I'd prefer it if we didn't milk this concept. I sorta hate the idea of her turning into a Hulk-like creature, but that's just me. I really, really like the idea of Bunny being a villain, though. And Tenshi's right. We have had this conversation about Foster's Home FIF being in PpGD. It's just too big of a mess.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:10 am

I feel Morebucks would go further as a rival that wants to be recognized, rather than a serious villain.
I don't remember the series well enough, but my memory of Morebucks was something along the lines of...Jealous girl that wanted to be a superhero, but because the PPG were overpowered, Morebucks wanted to prove that she can 1 up them.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:15 am

If I remember correctly: she wanted to be a Powerpuff at first, but then she wanted to destroy them once she couldn't become one. Also they've given her quite a lot of shit in the past, so I assume she holds a significant grudge. The idea of some sort of petty rivalry between them just doesn't really thrill me, as much as the thought of Princess wanting to kill the PPG. Like I said, I'm hoping she'll somehow find herself way in over her head, or something with this whole Black Eden thing going on.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:55 am

Whenever I imagine Morbucks older, I always think of Number 86. Personality and physical appearance.

I don't mind if it's petty, they're around 12 years old. Even if Morbucks finds herself mixed too far in with the big leagues, she could still try and join up with them in the aftermath. I just can't see Morbucks straight evil. :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!