Shocking development

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Shocking development

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:07 pm

The Mad Doctor wrote:A rather frustrating and idiotic argument happened a few months back about Aku and Him. It does not need to happen again.

I'm sorry, I was only making a joke. I didn't know about that. Would you like me to delete the post? I will if you want me to.
Just Rockin

Postby MERASMUS! » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:11 pm

No need. But thanks anyway.
Never anger a magician

Postby 49dra » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Loved Skulker's face when she lunged at him. He was like "You can't be serious..." :grin:

Postby XavyrrVaati » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:11 pm

An alternate title: Don't bring an eggbeater to a gun fight.

Just discovered this comic a few weeks back, can't wait for more.

Postby Havoc » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Hello. Welcome to the forums. Make sure you read the rules and also the notes regarding the comics. Unfortunately, updates are irregular and came take anywhere from a few weeks to a month. You should also checkout PpGD.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby OrangeBee » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:12 am

The Mad Doctor wrote:A rather frustrating and idiotic argument happened a few months back about Aku and Him. It does not need to happen again.

It totally needs to happen again. We need some spice up in here.
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Havoc » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:23 am

How about no.

Moving on: It has been confirmed that there will be a fight-scene between Junior and Minnie sometime in the future. Any thoughts on this? I for one am looking forward to this. I would love to see what Junior can do in a real battle.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:34 am

Jr vs Minnie? I have to give the upper hand to Minnie in this case because she knows her own Nergal powers better than Jr, not to mention the fact that Minnie is more skilled in hand to hand combat in a serious fight, and she has the power of lust backing her corner lol. But seriously, in a real fight I could see Minnie trying to seduce Jr weather as a desperation tactic or distraction.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:43 am

Cant Minnie also control Jr's body? like when Mimi ripped off his head and then punch Minnie in the face, and ....well she got pissed. Yah she is diffidently like her mom when she is pissed. So unless Jr has a better bond with the Negral Demon, then i got to give the major upper hand to Minnie. Sorry Jr.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:30 am

CrimsonCreed wrote:But seriously, in a real fight I could see Minnie trying to seduce Jr weather as a desperation tactic or distraction.

:/
Idk how you see that as a serious suggestion. Minnie using a petty tactic, that would probably gross out Jr more than anything else. In such a situation, someone would more than likely slap Minnie, forcing her to regain her senses.

The nergal didn't seem to be able to speak when it was with Minnie. Also, Minnie's use with the nergal seems less creative than Jr's. Ofc, there's less screen time for Minnie when she still had her powers, but from the little we've seen, Junior has done more complex morphs. In the end, it's all dependent on Minnie's control over the nergal, but I feel it's likely her dominance over it has weakened. Especially considering that Jr is bonding with the nergal.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Shygirl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Mimi's eyes when she woke up :eek: lol X3

Postby ari-6 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:21 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:The nergal didn't seem to be able to speak when it was with Minnie. Also, Minnie's use with the nergal seems less creative than Jr's. Ofc, there's less screen time for Minnie when she still had her powers, but from the little we've seen, Junior has done more complex morphs. In the end, it's all dependent on Minnie's control over the nergal, but I feel it's likely her dominance over it has weakened. Especially considering that Jr is bonding with the nergal.
I guess I just assumed that she would be able to take control because it was hers to begin with, but I guess that it is entirely possible or even likely that something like the amount of time they have been separated would be a factor. It would still be interesting to see Minnie try to take control only to reasise she no longer can
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby GTFDB » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:33 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:
CrimsonCreed wrote:But seriously, in a real fight I could see Minnie trying to seduce Jr weather as a desperation tactic or distraction.

:/
Idk how you see that as a serious suggestion. Minnie using a petty tactic, that would probably gross out Jr more than anything else. In such a situation, someone would more than likely slap Minnie, forcing her to regain her senses.

The nergal didn't seem to be able to speak when it was with Minnie. Also, Minnie's use with the nergal seems less creative than Jr's. Ofc, there's less screen time for Minnie when she still had her powers, but from the little we've seen, Junior has done more complex morphs. In the end, it's all dependent on Minnie's control over the nergal, but I feel it's likely her dominance over it has weakened. Especially considering that Jr is bonding with the nergal.

I think Jr wouldn't be seduced by Minnie if he remembers what he say when he say Mimi's demon form

Postby ari-6 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Um, excuse me? I'm sorry but could you perhaps elaborate?

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:25 pm

And reiterate also. I have no idea what he's saying.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:33 pm

He won't get seduced by Minnie if Jr remembers Mimi's demon form? That's what it sounds like to me, still doesn't make a lick of sense.
Just Rockin

Postby korikou » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Was anyone else totally shocked that Mimi couldn't make the cut in that fight? I'm sorry if this is taking focus away from the current discussion but I was just really surprised that she didn't shove that egg beater down that hunter's throat and turn it on full demonic charge!

Also, Minnie would most likely win against JR. she definitely knows how her powers work better than anyone else and she has some actual combat experience plus, I believe she has much greater overall will power than Jr. cause even en-light of recent events, he's still just a little bit of wimp.
Pie Master

Postby Megadon » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:10 pm

I know I said I was going to be quiet until the next update, but as for the current discussion of Jr. vs. Minnie I say it's going to be more of an emotional confrontation with no real winner. Here's what I see:
1. Minnie fighting like she has a real cause
2. Jr. refusing to fight until about half way through the fight when he gets the resolve to fight back
3. Jr. still tries to reason with Minnie during the fight, and she slowly reveals more of her emotions
4. Jr. show how he has mastered more of his nergaling powers then Minnie ever has
5. Minnie wins the fight but Jr. wins the battle because Minnie can't get the final blow, because she loves junior

That's my prediction on the Jr. vs. Minnie scenario.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby ari-6 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:12 pm

I feel like Mimi had to lose in that fight. I was not sure how much of a fight she would put up but I feel like she had to lose. If she had have won against skulker it would essentially be doing what I hate most from OC's. It would be like saying "Look how cool my character is, not even Skulker can beat my character because they are so cool!". Esentially you take a strong character from a series and pit them in a fight against your OC, and that character will probably be one of the strongest characters in the series but they will still lose to the OC's so that the creator can show how "awesome" their character is. And I feel like with a story that actually has a plot, that would be far too childish.

edit: For Minnie vs anyone. I just want to see Minnie take on that HIM parasite. That is all. I wonder if that will happen before or after she fights with someone. From a creator standpoint, If I went and designed a new look/outfit for a character, I would want to see it in action at least once before the next redesign.

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:18 pm

korikou wrote:Was anyone else totally shocked that Mimi couldn't make the cut in that fight? I'm sorry if this is taking focus away from the current discussion but I was just really surprised that she didn't shove that egg beater down that hunter's throat and turn it on full demonic charge!

How would Mimi win?
Remember that Skulker is a ghost, beings that can phase through solid matter.

korikou wrote:Also, Minnie would most likely win against JR. she definitely knows how her powers work better than anyone else and she has some actual combat experience plus, I believe she has much greater overall will power than Jr. cause even en-light of recent events, he's still just a little bit of wimp.

Tenshi Nova wrote:The nergal didn't seem to be able to speak when it was with Minnie. Also, Minnie's use with the nergal seems less creative than Jr's. Ofc, there's less screen time for Minnie when she still had her powers, but from the little we've seen, Junior has done more complex morphs. In the end, it's all dependent on Minnie's control over the nergal, but I feel it's likely her dominance over it has weakened. Especially considering that Jr is bonding with the nergal.

@Mega
I think a few people see that scenario. Though your points are dependent on the situation. It's possible that Minnie could be targeting Mimi, so that would affect the events of the fight.
I do agree that the entire time, Jr would likely be doing more talking than fighting.

@ari
I would hope after. The imagine of Minnie deciding to snatch an unknown power after being defeated would be a bit cliche, but still a scene and some.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:41 pm

I pictured her combining with the parasite to be accidental. I credit her as being smarter than just taking some unknown power with unknown effects. I imagine that the fight would take place in the vault, maybe at least one of the participants goals is to free the parasite (I was thinking maybe Chi would try, but it depends on weather she decides Mimi is better of without HIM's influence or not. Which I think is an important decision for her) Anyway I picture the glass case getting broken in the ensuing fight and the parasite instantly latching on to an enraged Minnie.

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:41 pm

I think if Minnie was angry enough, she'd do it.

It would probably seem 'logical' in her mind.
In a situation, she could want power asap, regardless of how she obtains it.
She's seen it on Mimi. Which can translate to 'If she can, I can'
It can be compared to the nergal. A gooey 'essence' or w/e one wishes.
I believe Minnie's body can't feel pain, so she may disregard the possibility of it being able to hurt her physically.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:54 pm

I was thinking more the logic "It comes from HIM, it is bad news". but yeah, if you think about it in terms of "It's a gooey demon symbiote. Used one of those before. Seen what it can do for Mimi. It's not like it can hurt me". and after Mandy's speech, I can see an ironic echo of her words pushing Minnie that extra step towards being crazy enough to do something like that. Like she might consider it a bad idea and hesitate and then remember what Mandy said about being decisive to get what you want.

Postby Havoc » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:31 pm

I'm gonna go with ari on this one. As it stands: I don't think Minnie would deliberately let that essence merge with her. I think it would take a bit of convincing to push her in that direction. I'm wondering if the essence could somehow communicate with her and persuade her that way. A defeat at the hands of her brother could also help convince her some.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:39 pm

I '' logical, because I was trying to add a pressured tone to it. I'm considering blind spiteful 'logic', that she'd likely show if she were to lose.

I meant it as a pressured situation choice.
Such as Ari's example.
When Minnie's angry, she usually does something irrational.
If Jr wins a confrontation, we can assume that Jr would have more control over the nergal in such a situation.
Without the nergal, what connection to Jr does Minnie have left? Such a realization may make Minnie feel more like an empty shell.
With the loss of Jr's 'affection' to Mimi, Minnie wants to kill Mimi.
Losing the nergal connection to Jr, might make Minnie want to fill the void.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!