Shocking development

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Shocking development

Postby GTFDB » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Nuuu. I hope that Jr didn't keep the ghost energy he had. It'd be ridiculous if he was also part ghost.

The main character syndrome(MCS) is one of the reasons Bleach is poorly written. Overpowered main characters just lead to predictability and poorly drawn out fights.

I kinda hope he keep the power from Dan Phantom, if he gives Minnie back her nergal powers than ghost powers are better than no powers. I dont want see him go back to the powerless mamas boy

Postby DarkKing » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:45 pm

All fights in fiction are predictable if you think about it. Unless it's a story with a really dark/serious plot the hero is always going to win. Even if they lose you know they're going to train and come back and win. What makes a fight interesting is the struggle and the tactics the characters use to win in the end. So I wouldn't mind if Jr had MCS as long as the fights remain interesting.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:49 pm

@GT
I don't think he's returning the nergal.
What would be the point of returning the nergal?
Can he even return the nergal?

@Dark
All the fights in Bleach are predictable. Say anything different, then you probably don't put much thought into it.
I agree with the idea that the tactics are what make many fights worthwhile, that's one reason I still enjoy Naruto.
But, Bleed's works haven't shown any ground breaking, jaw dropping fights. They lack the 'genius' twist that make people stare at their screen in awe.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DarkKing » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Yeah, but Grim Tales isn't really suited for fights with lots of tactics with the way it releases and the amount of content on each page. If the fights were like that one battle would probably take a year to finish. Also yeah the fights in bleach are predictable for the most part.

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Plus, if they wanted to have better fight scenes in GT, they can still do so without giving Jr more power.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby pandabear » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:38 pm

tonightscake wrote:You're either thinking about the wrong page or you're talking about the guillotine. I don't see a mirror. :/

You are right, it is a guillotine.

Postby Guardian » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:13 pm

DarkKing wrote: Grim Tales isn't really suited for fights with lots of tactics

Define "tactics". Strategic placement and execution of moves to beat an enemy? Extremely debatable especially when you bring about the size of the forces scaling against each other. One on one matches are going to be easy to pull off especially with interesting tactics. Larger scale battles get tricky.

Its not so much about the tactic that makes a battle interesting in media (comics, books, tv, movies, etc) its the flare and the moves that make the battles interesting.

To say GT isn't suited for fights with a lot of tactics is... misleading. GT has the room to pull it off, the issue depends on if the writer and artist can deliver.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Plus, if they wanted to have better fight scenes in GT, they can still do so without giving Jr more power.

This. Seriously, Jr is already too OP.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:21 pm

I really do want to see Jr get his ass beaten down by a ghost boy.

As for Jr giving Minnie the powers back, It already happened in AB so I really doubt they would go that rout.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Sig Skellington » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:36 pm

For some reason, I kinda picture Walker's kid looking like a photo-negative version of Death the Kid. Not sure why.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:38 pm

I want to see Box Lunch kick some ass.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Sigment wrote:For some reason, I kinda picture Walker's kid looking like a photo-negative version of Death the Kid. Not sure why.
Hmm? I have never heard anyone say that before.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Guardian » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:41 pm

If Walker has a kid, I don't want him (hopefully) to be a splitting image of Walker. I think it would be more entertaining to see his son be more of a rebel.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Sig Skellington » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:54 pm

ari-6 wrote:
Sigment wrote:For some reason, I kinda picture Walker's kid looking like a photo-negative version of Death the Kid. Not sure why.
Hmm? I have never heard anyone say that before.

Not literally. Hair and clothing mostly.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:56 pm

I still enjoy my idea of Walker's kid being miserable enough to have AntiFairies. That could complicate the story greatly though.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:05 pm

I'm not sure what personality traits I want Walker's child to have. I mean, the rebellious type would be interesting because all of the other Warlords kids act like royalty (for show, not actually when they are in another room and throwing tantrums, Chi) so him just be a rebel might be interesting.
Just Rockin

Postby DarkKing » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:51 pm

Guardian wrote:
DarkKing wrote: Grim Tales isn't really suited for fights with lots of tactics

Define "tactics". Strategic placement and execution of moves to beat an enemy? Extremely debatable especially when you bring about the size of the forces scaling against each other. One on one matches are going to be easy to pull off especially with interesting tactics. Larger scale battles get tricky.

Its not so much about the tactic that makes a battle interesting in media (comics, books, tv, movies, etc) its the flare and the moves that make the battles interesting.

To say GT isn't suited for fights with a lot of tactics is... misleading. GT has the room to pull it off, the issue depends on if the writer and artist can deliver.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Plus, if they wanted to have better fight scenes in GT, they can still do so without giving Jr more power.

This. Seriously, Jr is already too OP.

I didn't mean that Grim Tales couldn't pull off tactical fights. What I'm saying is it would take a LONG time for it to finish. Even in series that come out weekly tactical fights kind of drag on sometimes. Grim Tales only puts out one page every release and sometimes there's a long wait between releases. That's why I was jokingly saying if the fights had lots of tactics and twists it would take a year for them to finish.

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:00 pm

Hm...their fight scenes are already drawn out. Seeing their quality raised wouldn't be too bad.
That's one reason I want to see a versatility free for all between Jr, Chi, (Him parasite)Minnie/Mimi.
A fight like that has so much potential.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DarkKing » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:23 pm

Yeah that would be awesome :) .

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Havoc » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:28 pm

I do believe jorama said the fight between Minnie and Jr would be about 4 or 6 pages. Then again, I sure that's not set in stone.

Guardian wrote:Define "tactics". Strategic placement and execution of moves to beat an enemy? Extremely debatable especially when you bring about the size of the forces scaling against each other. One on one matches are going to be easy to pull off especially with interesting tactics. Larger scale battles get tricky.

I agree. A fight scene doesn't always have to be a fucking chess game in order for it to be great. It's the flow and the choreography that really makes a fight scene for me.

Guardian wrote:If Walker has a kid, I don't want him (hopefully) to be a splitting image of Walker. I think it would be more entertaining to see his son be more of a rebel.

Same here. But I would like him to be cunning about it. Like he acts like all well mannered, but he does his revolting in secrecy. Like if he was the one that hired Skulker without Walker's knowledge, or something.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:43 pm

Havoc wrote:Same here. But I would like him to be cunning about it. Like he acts like all well mannered, but he does his revolting in secrecy. Like if he was the one that hired Skulker without Walker's knowledge, or something.

OOOOooooo, I'm loving this idea.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:03 pm

Why didn't I think of that!? That's brilliant! He could be a rebel who also wants to start a war and is a cruel ghost that hires an assassin to quicken the coming of war!
Just Rockin

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:07 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I still enjoy my idea of Walker's kid being miserable enough to have AntiFairies. That could complicate the story greatly though.

Continuing off this, I realized something. Assuming that their magic must follow Da Rules to an extent. Magic can't be used to win something. Meaning that all wishes that can effect the war could be nulled.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:36 pm

Havoc wrote:I do believe jorama said

I usually ignore him. I don't like getting information of third party vendors like him and numa.

Havoc wrote:A fight scene doesn't always have to be a fucking chess game in order for it to be great. It's the flow and the choreography that really makes a fight scene for me.

Exactly. If you pull that off right, the fight will be fantastic. Plus it is a little difficult in a comic to present tactical planning without pulling out the thoughts of the fighter.

Now PpGD managed to pull that off, having a good fight and tactical planning in one, but its because BR is that good. I seriously doubt that every fight is going to go that way in PpGD - it'd get boring. But it was something different that was useful, HOWEVER, the fight would have been complete shit if it wasn't choreographed so well.

Havoc wrote:Same here. But I would like him to be cunning about it. Like he acts like all well mannered, but he does his revolting in secrecy. Like if he was the one that hired Skulker without Walker's knowledge, or something.

*nods sagely.

Yes, I've thought about how exactly he would pull of his rebellion and much of it depends on how bold he is. Throwing it in the face of his father would cause a harsh retaliation unless Walker's son knew how to get out of it or if the pay out was worth it. But other than that, yes, he would do the deception to keep peace between father and son, and to also enjoy his own life.

I just don't want a mini-Walker out of him, hence why I prefer the more cliche version of the son being the opposite of the father.

@Tenshi: I don't think you are going to see any Anti-Fairies with this.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:59 pm

They were mentioned before, Jr's god parents. I feel that if anything, Foop would be used.
But, the odds of seeing Fairies appear is unlikely. I just enjoy the idea so much :c
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:02 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:They were mentioned before, Jr's god parents.

I NEVER said that they hadn't been used, just that they won't be used, more specifically, used in future interactions. It's messy.

Semper Vigilans

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!