fade to black

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: fade to black

Postby ari-6 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Sad but true. Oh well. UZF34, just stick with MadDoc. He is good people, and/or Deadpool on a unicorn.

So building off what he said. We all know Bleed loves showering his works with risque situations to make them seem "dark and edgy". Often I find it crass and completely unnecessary. Has a dark and difficult theme ever been used in any of Bleeds comics really well Not just done well compared to... Because to me what is happening now is like: Having a car that you liked that used to run well a couple of years ago. Then it just fell to pieces like a one man car crash. But you go back to it and instead of fixing it or buying a new car, you slap a spoiler on back and say "There, better than new. Now it's edgy". What you just read was the worst car metaphor in history
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:53 pm

Is it strange I used a car metaphor today, but it was in a completely different topic? But yeah, we really have no need to these "dark" and "shocking" lead offs when we basically know what's going to happen.
Just Rockin

Postby Guardian » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:55 pm

ari-6 wrote: Then it just fell to pieces like a one man car crash. But you go back to it and instead of fixing it or buying a new car, you slap a spoiler on back and say "There, better than new. Now it's edgy"

The ending message is, the car is still shit because you ignored the very clear problem and did something totally unrelated.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:57 pm

Since NEK is new to SB, whatever happens this chapter will set the tone for the rest of his time on it.

The set up as it is, already disregards the subtle/dark tone previously used. He might as well buy a new car.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:03 pm

I am hoping this is a new car aka a reboot.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Sly » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:41 pm

The title I find kinda interesting xD I work in broadcast and "Fade to Black" is a command term we use in the live production trucks. Every time we go from live feed to a commercial break there is a call from the producer (who is on the phone with master control throughout the whole production) to "Fade to Black". It's a hotkey switch on the switchboard .w.; and when you hit it, it does just that, the screen dissolves to black. Then you always hear the producer say "master take your break" and they do a hot cut to commercial xD

Just a lil entirely unrelated piece of info .w.; is what I thought of when I saw the title. Don't mind me .x.; just a lil lurker.
Do you have the preparedness to tell a lie? How is it?
Look, you're becoming sleepy.

My writings

People ruin all things to the point good and evil can't even exist.
In the depth of humanity, what I saw a terribly cold dream.
Looking Forward.

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Welcome all the same! Feel free to join in on discussions and conversations, we don't bite...often...for no reason... >.>

I think 'Fade to Black' is a relatively well known term. For me the title annoys me because they halfway imply that they can skip scenes now.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Drago2552 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:35 pm

i don't want a reboot.

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:11 pm

I don't want the old comic to be forcefully contorted. It's like reading a book and halfway through it, it becomes someone's fanfic.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:46 pm

That's why I don't really want this to continue as the SB we use to have. That battle scene fucked everyone's taste for it, and the bad guy was finished at the end of the arc.

If this is a separate piece showing the creation of Licorice from Ginger, which is a possible outcome, then what happens next? The last arc sort of wrapped all the loose ends up with Ginger making peace with herself and Licorice fading away.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Sig Skellington » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:50 pm

Technically there are still some loose ends in the original SB plot. Bleedheart's still out there, and Ginger's situation could also be expanded upon.

Now I'm not saying that they should do it that way. I'm just saying they have options. Personally, I can't decide if I would prefer to see a reboot or a continuation.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Guardian » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:05 pm

Sigment wrote:Bleedheart's still out there

He was never really a bad guy though. He was the universe equivalent of the Grim Reaper.

Sigment wrote: Ginger's situation could also be expanded upon.

Her grounding?

Semper Vigilans

Postby Sig Skellington » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:24 pm

Guardian wrote:Her grounding?

It was my understanding that there was more to it than that, but I've been wrong before.

Ah, well. It seems no one thinks that the original story can be continued. Though I'm not sure if a reboot it the best course of action either. Pretty sure others have already said this, but it would have been best to just let SB rest while we still had fond memories of it.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:55 pm

SB needed to have a sequel to answer questions that remained, but....let me explain it this way. Think of SB like a person. It was healthy and had a bright future ahead of it, in the beginning. Then the cancer we know as the drawn out fight scene came. It struggled and struggled, but in the end, it had one last glimmer of hope, but it died at a cut off. Now it's like digging up a dead person and shocking them back to life, that's what the new pages represent, the shocks of trying to revive SB, but to no avail so far. It's still dead, and it should've probably stayed that way, but people still want to resurrect what had been buried for over half a year. If this continues, we'll have a deformed zombie of a story that will just crash and burn again. The people reading it will post their digressions (this will represent the bullets) and it may eventually shoot it enough to kill it again. Maybe I'm wrong and not seeing the bigger picture. Maybe the new authors have something amazing planned and we just don't know it yet because of the new BS pages we're seeing. We can wait, but how long do we have to wait until our patience reaches the point where we all say, "Fuck this. This is bullshit, I'm out for good." We haven't reached that point yet, but with each page not giving us a story, we strive closer to it. This is how I see it anyways.
Just Rockin

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:21 am

I've kind of reached that point.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:05 am

I had a broken car metaphor but this works too I guess. The problem is that because of the format, if we are not constantly entertained by it then we can become bored of it very quickly. I personally think that I would prefer to wait for a month or two and get a whole chapter. Even if it were shorter than a regular chapter. What does everyone else think I wonder?
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:01 am

That would put Bleed on a schedule. It's ultimately up to how he wants it.

I personally prefer a full chapter release every month or every other month.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:24 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:We haven't reached that point yet, but with each page not giving us a story, we strive closer to it. This is how I see it anyways.

What we need to do is find some blood sample from the younger one and clone it.

A new professor, perhaps, but the same megaman.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!