Time to mix it up

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Time to mix it up

Postby Exodis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:11 pm

I agree! He should say "I don't have time for this." and leave with Chi.
But since this is a flashback I'm guessing Skulker and Mimi may pull off a good fight, with Skulker realizing Mimi's strength causing him to give up Chi as it isn't worth his life and escape for the time being, with Chi thanking Mimi, hugging it out, maybe a bit of make out, and ending with Mimi receiving that autographed photo of Chi from her and then ending up having Mimi and HIM visit Aku and Chi with Mimi pouncing on Chi.

Holy shit I just thought up the future updates of the comics.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:45 pm

I'm having an extremely hard time with caring about the comic enough to agree with you.

GT could end tomorrow, permanently, and I would be totally fine with that.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Exodis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:50 pm

Guardian wrote:I'm having an extremely hard time with caring about the comic enough to agree with you.

With what you've been through (making a Comic Notes thread, dealing with peoples' constant bickering on both comics being related), I can understand that.
All I can say to you is this.
Guardian wrote:GT could end tomorrow, permanently, and I would be totally fine with that.

Like from what? The PPGD bomb? If that were to happen, it would probably take months for it to finally end. Hahaha I'm joking.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Kid

Postby GTFDB » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:55 pm

Guardian wrote:I'm having an extremely hard time with caring about the comic enough to agree with you.

GT could end tomorrow, permanently, and I would be totally fine with that.

ARE YOU INSANE????

Postby Sigment » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:58 pm

Exodis wrote:

With what you've been through (making a Comic Notes thread, dealing with peoples' constant bickering on both comics being related), I can understand that.

I think it's more that the story itself has degraded to the point where he doesn't really care what happens anymore.

TBH, I'm almost at that point myself.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Exodis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:59 pm

:up: And that answers your question GTFDB: He's not insane, he's just facing reality and he's beginning to get fed up with it.

The Kid

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:09 pm

There ya go.

Exodis wrote:Like from what? The PPGD bomb?

No. I mean if Bleedman decided to just stop doing GT, pulling a Endling on us or (God forbid) died on us, and GT was unable to continue, I wouldn't be sad over that.

No emotion on it what so ever. I just don't care that much about it anymore, it isn't interesting.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Exodis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Interesting point Blordy.
But, because the majority want more Bleedman works and the minority don't care much about, the show must go on.
Like it said man:
Exodis wrote:All I can say to you is this.

Anywho, back to the program!
Or not, idk!

The Kid

Postby Havoc » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:20 pm

@Guardian: I know how you feel. This doesn't even feel like the same comic anymore. I still stand by my statement that GT has become a mediocre fanfic of itself at this point. They might as well call it Chi Tales. The only thing that's keeping my attention on this comic, is the questions surrounding Megaville, and even more so; rather or not the other PPG have/had children of there own. But I'm getting really fucking sick of waiting. I think I'll let this comic run it's course without me. I might just skim the pages from now on, instead of actually reading them.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:32 pm

Exodis wrote:But, because the majority want more Bleedman works and the minority don't care much about, the show must go on.

They'll grow out of it. Bleedman really doesn't care about his fans or the way he is seen by people. That should be extremely obvious.

Havoc wrote:This doesn't even feel like the same comic anymore. I still stand by my statement that GT has become a mediocre fanfic of itself at this point. They might as well call it Chi Tales.

The difference between you and me is that you still have something tying you to the comic.

I'm tired of Chi, I'm tired of Mimi (never thought I would be), I'm tired of flashbacks that aren't helping any story progression but just seem to be a couple of people dicking around until they can figure out what the hell they are going to do.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:41 pm

I'm not sure where I said it before...
The comic feels like random writers trying to show off their individual OCs.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Guardian wrote:They'll grow out of it. Bleedman really doesn't care about his fans or the way he is seen by people. That should be extremely obvious.

Is that so? Wow, I did not know he was that much of a ass.

Guardian wrote:I'm tired of Chi, I'm tired of Mimi (never thought I would be), I'm tired of flashbacks that aren't helping any story progression but just seem to be a couple of people dicking around until they can figure out what the hell they are going to do.

Chi's had too much spotlight, same goes with Mimi, and I feel as though flashbacks are being overused.
At least PPGD will end soon the PPG saving the day and shit... I do hope that's how it ends.

The Kid

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:44 pm

the comic is no longer about Minnie, Jr or even the Grim Family, who the comic is suppose to be about. Instead, its been nothing but a Mimi focus for roughly the last two arcs.
Semper Vigilans

Re Time to mix it up (by bashing on GT)

Postby Exodis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:51 pm

This title suits the thread right now. (If this is illegal, I'm really, really sorry Image)

Well Mimi is Bleedman's original work (including Chi) so I'm guessing he wants some spotlight on them?
The Kid

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:59 pm

I don't know how original they are for him.

He has a particularly nasty habit of "borrowing" OCs and re-imagining them in his comic.

Grim Tales wasn't even his idea in the first place. I think he gives a shout out to the person who originally came up with the idea on the first page of the comic, but that's it.
Semper Vigilans

Re: Re Time to mix it up (by bashing on GT)

Postby Exodis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:01 pm

Ohhhh so he's got a huge obsession with cross-overs, huh?
Well at least SB is an original idea... I think.

The Kid

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Guardian wrote:The difference between you and me is that you still have something tying you to the comic.

I wonder to myself if it's even worth it anymore. Would Bleed even care enough to build on Buttercup and Bubbles, or even any of the other heroes at this point? I fear that my patients will be all for not. I might try the direct approach again.

This is depressing, but it feels nice to get this off my chest.

Exodis wrote:This title suits the thread right now. (If this is illegal, I'm really, really sorry Image)

You scoundrel. :)
But bashing on GT isn't exactly "Mixing it Up" at this point.

Exodis wrote:Well Mimi is Bleedman's original work (including Chi) so I'm guessing he wants some spotlight on them?

Chi wasn't Bleed's idea, remember? IDK about Mimi, though.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: Time to mix it up (by bashing on GT)

Postby Exodis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:11 pm

The more this thread develops, the more I learn. Love it.
*insert rainbow star*
The More You Know!

The Kid

Postby Krest » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:16 pm

^ That reference. It gave me 3D Font.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby ULTRADJ » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:44 pm

After reading some of these posts, I have to agree that if GT just ended and never finished I wouldn't give a damn either. It was good at first, but it has gone downhill over the years and it's time to abandon ship. I also agree that even those still mildly interested in the comic are only sticking around to see the time split or to see if any other heroes survived, but I think those two should just be dropped altogether, like a time split never happened. At all. And who cares about the heroes at this point? Obviously the authors don't.
Tenshi Nova wrote:I'm not sure where I said it before...
The comic feels like random writers trying to show off their individual OCs.

Yes, this is exactly what it is now. Just authors randomly putting their OCs as if they are saying,"Der look at my OC it's so cool derp!"
Guardian wrote:They'll grow out of it. Bleedman really doesn't care about his fans or the way he is seen by people. That should be extremely obvious.

That right there explains a lot. That will be and is one of his downfalls. I also read somewhere that he isn't a good story teller either, so combine that with not caring about his fans, he looses all popularity because his fans are done putting up with his jackassery. Bleed, you're a bad ass artist, I'll give you that much, outside from that...just stick to being an artist and nothing else. You need to listen to your fans, positive and negative responses. These will improve your story, along with your ideas that might be good. Do all that and you will be successful. Ignore your fans and have bad ideas that won't work, you'll fall very quickly. Communication is key, be it other authors, fans to your works, or even people close to you, that is one of many factors that makes a good story.
Just Rockin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:59 am

No it won't. Majority of traffic towards these comics come from a nostalgic factor. There are plenty of people that will over look quality for quantity. The quantity being more memories. So, a drop in popularity probably won't be notable.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:15 pm

Also he is already successful, he does not need to change anything and that will still be true. "Listen to his fans"? There are thousands. Who should he be listening to? The fact that he is poor at telling a good story should be evident just by looking at his web comics. We talk about them all the time but if we were to compare it to the average manga or graphic novel, it would not hold up. I really doubt his fans would "abandon ship" because they have had enough of his "jackassery". If I had to make a general assumption based on most of the bleed fans I have seen, I do not credit them as being all that intelligent. I am sure the overwhelming majority of them actually do regard this man as a "genius" who could not possibly be faulted.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby OrangeBee » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Fanfiction is fanfiction
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Krest » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:40 pm

Wow Ari. That's harsh.

Having a bad day?

I agree with you, Orange. We shouldn't expect too much from fanfiction.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!