A Decade In The Making

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:25 pm

Guardian wrote:That's a pretty shitty reason. How many years do you think has passed since the show started and the comic started? - not our world, their world. You think that they wouldn't have been attacked or had their Moon Base removed?

That's not the reason, Ultra. Pay some fucking attention to the forums.

ULTRADJ wrote:heard the noise

Do you have any concept of the production of sound or the properties of space? Simply put, the hearing of sound is generated by air movement which there is none in space. Or on the moon.

I'm just thinking on how KND wouldn't work in this comic just for discussion purposes and for fun.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Krest » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:40 pm

He's right about the scientific nature of it. BR tries to assimilate actual science into this comic, as weird as that is since this is fiction...but meh.

As for the time difference, we already know that the Moon Base wasn't ever completely destroyed. Have you SEEN the new moonbase? I don't even think Dexter could destroy it if he tried. And if someone DID destroy it, they might mess with the moon's location.

But let's say the Dr DID destroy the moonbase. Like someone's said already, those KND would have appeared - even building a new one, no matter the circumstance.

So yeah. This comic has already shown the moon. I saw no moonbase. Bell wasn't detected by the KND. And if the moonbase was destroyed, we'd be seeing the KND fight on the heroes' side. So I HIGHLY DOUBT that the KND are in this universe.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Sig Skellington » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:00 pm

He deals with idiots on a daily basis, Ultra. Don't act like he's after you or anything.

Been playing Battle in Megaville. Makes me even more eager to see what the RRB will look like in the recap.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:10 pm

The Moon Base can detach people.

Also, it's not far fetched to think that the base was relocated for other reasons.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:25 pm

Sigment wrote:He deals with idiots on a daily basis, Ultra. Don't act like he's after you or anything.

Been playing Battle in Megaville. Makes me even more eager to see what the RRB will look like in the recap.

Well, okay, I guess I can understand then. Battle in Megaville? I looked it up and saw it's a newgrounds game. I'll check it out tomorrow, but from the year it's been released, it looks like someone with major skill should make an upgrade for it for even more fun!
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Guardian » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:49 pm

ULTRADJ wrote: I'm just thinking on how KND wouldn't work in this comic just for discussion purposes and for fun.

It isn't a topic of discussion that can be reasoned out to explain with the comic worlds base and values on why they wouldn't be there.

BR doesn't want to deal with them. That's the story. That's it. There isn't some fancy sophisticated reason to why they don't work in the world. It's just that he doesn't want to. It's that simple. Don't make things complex for the hell of it. If you would take time to READ the discussions going on, you are probably going to find that your questions have already been answered. That way, you'll be able to join into the conversation instead of bringing up a dead topic that was put to rest a page and a half ago, and looking like a idiot in front of everyone.

If you ever get the urge to try to go toe-to-toe with me, think it through a few times. Because I will make your life a living hell over it, and not a single ounce of mod power will be used. You ever have a problem with me, you do not express it on the site and make yourself look like a bigger jackass. People won't rally behind you, they rally behind me. Then instead of fixing the problem with me, you are waging a war with five different people.

Think before you post.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:18 am

Just thought I'd throw this out there. Here's BR's post regarding the KND:

BeeAre wrote:There are junctions which provide entrances for the various cartoons' universes into this one, neatly arranging their presences to coexist peaceably. These junctions are like warp pipes, and have to be managed so the various universes don't overwhelm one another. MLaaTR, for example, has clear dative issues that have to be smushed down so as to not make the other universes be in the wrong time.

(This is the major reason why I decided against any serious inclusion of KND. The universe of Kids Next Door impinges too hard on how the structure of their presented culture and society and this pressure works against every other universe's presented cultures and societies. Much too insular to be cohesive in the scope of every other cartoon. Yeah, I'll say it here: I'm ignoring the Grim Adventures/KND Crossover. P'tagh!)

Honestly, I'm sorta disappointed that nothing from the KND could be used. The Delightful Children verses the PPG sounds badass. But I can see BR's point.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Yarott » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:55 am

Sigment wrote:He deals with idiots on a daily basis, Ultra. Don't act like he's after you or anything.

Battle of Megaville? Has that been updated since forever ago? It is a cool fighting game. Could use some more characters now.
Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby Guardian » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:23 am

There was a member that was attempting to make a unofficial sequel to it. But I haven't heard anything from her for a few months now.

When it first came out, it was a boom to the site in terms of joining members. Should someone make a successful sequel or a GT version of it, then you'd see a massive increase in membership.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Creppy Eggy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:32 pm

I would love to see that day come...
All in due time, I guess.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby ari-6 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:40 pm

I am not sure if it would cause the same influx of new users. Sometimes I wonder, are these comics anywhere near as popular as they were years ago? I know Bleed has tones of followers and they probably all read his comics but still...
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:43 pm

Most seem to read them passively. They don't put much thought into it, they just read it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:17 pm

If I knew how to program intensively I would try to work on the game or a sequel. And I think the comics aren't as popular as they were years ago, but are still somewhat popular to people who kept reading them.
Just Rockin

Postby Guardian » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:42 pm

ari-6 wrote:I am not sure if it would cause the same influx of new users.

It did in 2006 when Battle of Megaville came out. If you ask those who are still on the site who are older than me in terms of year count, they'll recall that 2006 was a explosive age for membership count.

So, in all likelihood, a second game, depending on how well it was done, will generate similar results.

Interest will be created in the comics by the game.

Semper Vigilans

Postby MERASMUS! » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Marketing! So brilliant.
Never anger a magician

Postby Yarott » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:31 pm

The Mad Doctor wrote:Marketing! So brilliant.

Brilliant, yes. But was it on purpose? In History, Accidents are often the source of Great Success! Well, some are more memorable than others, at least.

Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:42 am

Oh god, the spring of '06…
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Havoc » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:53 am

Guardian wrote:There was a member that was attempting to make a unofficial sequel to it. But I haven't heard anything from her for a few months now.

When it first came out, it was a boom to the site in terms of joining members. Should someone make a successful sequel or a GT version of it, then you'd see a massive increase in membership.

I played a little bit of the PpGD game, but I never really got that far.
Is there a link to the thread where this girl said she was making another PpGD game? I'm just curious.

As far as a GT game goes. I would love to see one. I would like to see a side-scrolling hack-n-slash GT game, but that's just me.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:03 am

I'm almost positive that CuteBunnyGirl was the one who brought it up, but this is the only mention of the game that I can find in her posts. And even then, she said she was scrapping it for the art contest we had a while back, so I sort of doubt that she's still working on it (added to the fact that she hasn't visited since last July).

I don't think I finished Battle in Megaville either. But, I've got to admit, that I do think it'd be amusing to have a sequel revolving around this bomb.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:29 am

Since I am now taking online classes focusing on programming, doing a Battle of Megavile sequel would be a nice first project.
Never anger a magician

Postby ari-6 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:16 am

Maybe you shouldn't make it your first project. If you want people to see and enjoy it then maybe it would be best to wait until you are more familiar so. The more experience you have before beginning will only serve to make the end result better.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:57 am

Maybe make a few mock games, before an official sequel.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:58 am

I guess you're right. I've still need to learn how to make a basic program.
Never anger a magician

Postby Krest » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:22 pm

You can atleast make a demo. That way, no matter how bad it'll be, you can just claim that it's meant to suck.

Yarott wrote:Well, some are more memorable than others, at least.

Haha, wow! I forgot that scene.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:43 pm

Maybe along with learning the skills of video editing and making, I wonder if I can learn some program skills myself? I would put those skills to the PPGD game. Tbh, I haven't played the game myself yet, I need to have some time first. Can anyone tell their experiences of the game so I have an idea?
Just Rockin

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!