A Decade In The Making

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Krest » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:24 pm

Yarott wrote:Are PPGD and GT separate continuities simply because the stories are made by two separate writers that just so happen to work with a similar premise and artist, and because Bleedman started both works?


The separation has nothing to do with the different writers. Bleedman never intended the works to be related in the first place. Other than the timeline Jack thing that's supposed to happen, there's no connection.

Hope that answered your question. :)
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:29 am
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:57 pm

Yet someone screwed up and try to connect the two. I'm still going to image them being two different stories entirely, as they were in the first place and so shall ever be.
Just Rockin
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:22 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Krest » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:03 pm

No one's tried to connect the two.

There's supposed to be a situation where Samurai Jack moves between the two timelines, but that isn't new for him. And it also doesn't connect the stories. It's just his own little sub-tale.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:29 am
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby ari-6 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Cool, whatever is good for you I guess Ultradj

I myself am really looking forward to seeing this SJ mini story. I think it will answer allot of questions and I am looking forward to seeing Jack drawn in his own robes without a teachers uniform. I am also kind of hoping it will be a tragic story but I suppose that is because I have seen a few really great stories that incorporate time travel and they were all tragic.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Krest » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:10 pm

ari-6 wrote:tragic


Have you seen FXIII-2? That's a time travelling story and it is DEPRESSING!

Speaking of which, do you think BR will ever use FF characters? Would seem legit.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:29 am
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Sig Skellington » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:24 pm

Let me get this straight... You're asking if BR ever plans, at any point, to bring Final Fantasy characters into PpGD? How exactly would he go about doing that? Why would they be there, and what would be the point other than "because we asked"?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2936
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Krest » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:02 pm

There need be no other reason?


But honestly, I'd love it if Genesis appeared out of nowhere and went, "I have returned! Wait..."
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:29 am
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Cerulean » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:06 pm

No Final Fantasy Characters will be appearing, at least not according to the suggestion list in the bleedman section.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Gender: Female

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Sig Skellington » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Disapproved/HELL NO Response
Final Fantasy Characters

There it is, clear as day.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2936
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:12 pm

Aside outside of using cartoon characters for the comic, I heard that won't use KND because it has it's own laws in it's universe. Now I'm not saying it should be there, I don't care either way, I'm just saying, there's a continuity in this comic regarding the characters and their respective time and or universes? When I first read the comic, I thought it was a mish mash of cartoons from different places being thrown inn for a fun and exciting comic. Never crossed my mind to think it had some sense to it. XD That is, this is what I thought before exploring and reading the forums, now I know more.
Just Rockin
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:22 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Krest » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:11 pm

Sigment wrote:There it is, clear as day.


Well darn.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:29 am
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:44 pm

I still don't think the KND's world is too complicated. Then entire series just seems to be exaggerated stories.
Recently, they showed episode SAFARI, which explains my thoughts on the series.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5461
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby ari-6 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Was SAFARI the one with..... Never mind. I think that the characters could appear but only as background characters. Consider this, the world of KND is far too exaggerated to fit in with the story we have already without confusing things. And if we take the stand that everything was a child's exaggerated story, then what place would they have in this comic? The heroes of this comic deal with life and death situations so what place would a child have in this situation?
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Not everything.

My opinion, basically summarized...


There are some facts to it. 2x4 Tech, some of the villains, and cultures. That doesn't mean ALL of it is real.

In Operation REPORT, 5 different accounts on a single mission was told. Each were extremely exaggerated, but all had some facts that can be taken from it. You know that there were no super powers, energy blasts or upside down chase scenes. You also know, that they picked up the wrong pizza.
They didn't imagine what happened, they just added in their own 'exciting' touches when telling it.
Unlike other series, KND doesn't happen in 'real time'. Al the episodes start off with a Loading Screen, which pulls up their archived missions, and then tells/shows what was archived.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5461
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby ari-6 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:27 pm

I see your point. That is a good way to look at it. But still.... The idea that they are a global operation, That they could be considered a primary world power, That they have a base on the moon. I suppose saying it is too exaggerated wouldn't cut it considering what this comic is based on. I guess it could fit in this world but for it to really work, the comic would have to have began while taking the world of KND into account. What I mean is that some hint or mention of it would have to have appeared before now. Although technically you could argue that grim adventures and KND were in the same universe, Suddenly adding them in now would take too much explaining and I think it would probably derail the story too much.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I still don't think the KND's world is too complicated.

If BR doesn't want to fuck with KND in this universe, for whatever reason, that's the reason.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18980
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:52 pm

I know. The complex part would more involve the numerous characters, and bases set up all over, like Ari mentioned.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5461
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Yarott » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:17 pm

FF Characters in this comic would make it far more convoluted to the plot than most other suggestions, like KND and... Foster's (still think is doable! I will find a way to simplify it!).
Dairy Mega Evolution
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:20 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Krest » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:28 pm

I think it's more that 2x4 technology is retarded, this fanfic uses cybertech, and 2x4 technology has no place in a world based on cybertech.

But meh.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:29 am
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:45 pm

I just realized, KND wouldn't work, especially now. Why? Because a couple of chapters ago Bell took a bomb to the Moon and exploded. How would the KND react since they have a moon base? You could say they were on the other side of the moon, but still, they would've either heard the noise or seen the power scales or whatever. Then they would've done something about it. It's too late to add them now, unfortunately.
Just Rockin
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:22 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:55 pm

That's a pretty shitty reason. How many years do you think has passed since the show started and the comic started? - not our world, their world. You think that they wouldn't have been attacked or had their Moon Base removed?

That's not the reason, Ultra. Pay some fucking attention to the forums.

ULTRADJ wrote:heard the noise

Do you have any concept of the production of sound or the properties of space? Simply put, the hearing of sound is generated by air movement which there is none in space. Or on the moon.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18980
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:58 pm

@Krest
The tech could've evolved, plus there's nothing wrong with improvised technology.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5461
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Krest » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:21 pm

I really don't think their tech could've evolved in that short of a time. Even if their scientists kept up with the times (which is very possible) they'd have to establish very influential holds on companies that could provide them the resources to make modern tech. Which I don't see happening in that short of a time.

All Hail Morrighan! :O
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:29 am
Gender: Male

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:23 pm

It's not the tech that would have been the issue. It worked perfectly fine in the show with the KND and the Teenagers contrasting tech.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18980
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: A Decade In The Making

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:27 pm

Their giant base on the moon is a good example too.
The tech from the show was already advanced to an extent.
Give them 1 or 2 generation of kids, we can see them with suits similar to Dexter's backpack. Just sloppier.

Morrighan! :3
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5461
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kenny Uroboros, Skull-Boy666 and 1 guest