Say hello to Boobear

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Say hello to Boobear

Postby Sigment » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:38 pm

Right, Brave belonging to (I think) Seiryuga, and Red belonging to Endling?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Oh hey, look at that. Bleedman drew himself into his comic again.

ULTRADJ wrote:I have to get this off my chest, but did the original author send a script in advance for where the series was going to be headed towards?

Define "original author" because technically, it was Bleed all by himself as the original author. Then I think Griddles, then jumped to Seir, then back to Bleed, then over to BR for a moment, then to Bleed, then to DMajor, then to BR to wrap it up, and now resurrected with NEK.

Point is, who are you considering to be the "original author"?

Yikes, that's too many authors for one story in my opinion. Unless they were all on the exact same tract (which it doubtful) the story will most likely jump around with that many authors working on it all with their own possible ideas. Even though all we did get was a boring, drawn out, and pointless battle that let little to nowhere at all.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:14 pm

When dealing with an issue like that, there isn't a problem with things jumping around. Not all of them were on hand at the same time, normally it would just be one or two and didn't last long. Groundwork was already laid when one would leave and another would resume the duties as editor/writer. It was the simple manner of taking the components left over and continuing the work left behind.

See, you don't detect that change with editors/writers at all when you are reading this and the only one you do is this recent bump. The bump detected presently is only because Sugar Bits is getting a reboot or moving onto a new arc, and the memorial page would have been better to leave it standing unblemished.

The battle though, was completely Bleedman's fault for having it be so long. Not the writers'. Everyone of them protested the idea and attempted to shut it down. But in the end, it is Bleedman's story and the success or failure of it is going to rest on his shoulders. I have a suspected idea of the relationship that Bleed has with those that help him in the comics.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:44 pm

I really think that in the case of sugarbits he should have listened to his writers and maybe not just go off of his own judgement I feel. While it is important to have confidence in your ideas I think, it is also important to recognise bad ideas and the best way to do that I think would be to ask for the opinion of people whose input you value. If I may say, Bleed's impression seems to be "It doesn't matter if the story is good or not because it is just webcomics and people will read them anyway".
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:17 pm

How should I put this, it seems like there should've been one guy who would work on the story solidly and not go off from it. They needed to find a guy who would stick, and it doesn't seem like they did, due to their personal lives I'm guessing. If it was Bleed's story, why did he let other people take the mantle on it? This is a genuine question of curiosity since something is missing here. And yeah, I do think he doesn't recognize his bad ideas or doesn't care either way and it just collapsed in some ways. I don't know fully how the Snafu team works or what happened in the past, so I can't draw any rash conclusions, just question and hopefully some people will help answer and fill the holes for me.
Just Rockin

Postby AgentZero » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:41 pm

Aw, Ginger wouldn't be stupid enough to follow him...
Would she?
Edit: I googled boobear and got a picture of Lois Tomlinson =_=
"I did not trip and fall, I attacked the floor and I am winning."
"I am on a seafood diet. I see food, I eat it."
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years."
Dont Blink

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:24 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:How should I put this, it seems like there should've been one guy who would work on the story solidly and not go off from it.

In an ideal setting, yes, that would be the case. Lives get in the way though, in both the forms of internet and private drama, and in the rarest of cases, like DMajor, life is ended.

ULTRADJ wrote:If it was Bleed's story, why did he let other people take the mantle on it?

How much control exists between Bleedman and one of his editors/writers has always been a mystery to me, but I believe he has a final say in things. SO, by all rights the project is still his, but he has people help him out on things.

I do not know the exact reason for why Bleedman has people help him on his comics. From what I have gathered over the years, its because his story telling abilities are significantly worse than his artistic talent. But, I do understand the reasoning of why people seek help from others in developing stories and how that help evolves into a relationship where both have great control over the story.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:08 pm

It almost seems like all the things that could go wrong, arguments and fights between the staff, personal lives to tend to, drama online and off, and even the rare death (DMajor, may he rest in peace) has happened to the Snafu team. Then again, this isn't the first group or team to have all these troubles. I guarantee others have all had the same problems when working on projects. If Bleed has horrible story telling skills, I can see why he would have a person to help, or in his case, multiple people who take turns, which I still think isn't good do to some reasons. At least Bleedman is one bad ass artist.
Just Rockin

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:19 pm

Everyone has a different style in doing things. Some prefer help and use official positions like editors/prereaders/proofreaders, joint writers, colorists, etc. And others like to solo their projects. It all depends on personal preference.
Mercypostle

Postby Gizmo » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:11 pm

I think so too
the one who was born purely out of awesomeness.

Location: On the floor thinking of what else to do with my hands besides draw...no luck yet.

Postby GTFDB » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:13 pm

I tell where this is going or maybe not,
I guess we'll have to wait a while to find out.

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!