Mission Objective Complete

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Mission Objective Complete

Postby Yarott » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:18 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:The only real problem with a world like Foster's is the fact that outside the home itself, there are people that can all just imagine creatures into existence. It could be said that only certain people, maybe with a mutation, can imagine things into reality.
Also, when placed on a planet, I wonder if there are more homes similar to Foster's.

I'm sure there are a lot of similar homes around the world, given the possible rise of homeless imaginary friends. But that would be a lot of OCs. And nobody here would be focusing on those, anyway. The focus would be solely placed on Foster's Home and their company.

EDIT: I edited my previous post a bit.
Last edited by Yarott on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:22 am

And ignore the other relevant points?
Given tha Mac can imagine creatures into existence, what's stopping him from imaging a new puff?
Limitations would need to be created.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Yarott » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:31 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:And ignore the other relevant points?
Given tha Mac can imagine creatures into existence, what's stopping him from imaging a new puff?
Limitations would need to be created.

The limitations would be for the author to impose. Besides, Mac has self-control with his imagination, thanks to Bloo (Have you ever watched the whole series?). And the only one with the overactive (and uncontrollable) imagination would be Goo. You know, the Dark-skinned Dee Dee with Rainbow Stockings. But again, only if the Author allows it. Besides, in the original, whatever she created is a one-shot thing. (like that April Fools page with all the OC PPG rejects.) Not important, and forgotten in the next scene. Kinda like drafting or sketching something.
Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:30 am

I have seen the series. You have to consider the situation.
Mac can imagine what he wants into existence.
In a world with giant armies of destructive alien robots, Mac seems the type to create something that could help.

Also, I only used Mac as an example.
Say a villain was able to create real imaginary friends...
These creatures have the ability to kill.
It's already been shown that some people create creatures for fighting rings.
There's no known objection to the possibility that those people could join together and level a city.
Such a situation could also imply that there's a task force to counter such a scenario.

Simply put, just because the area was limited, doesn't mean the implied risks are.
Rocks

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:02 pm

Havoc wrote:
ULTRADJ wrote:Unless it's been confirmed and I didn't see it, I don't think the bomb leads to the GT time line separation. I think GT is just the universe where maybe Dr. X never happened probably (or he's in but he did different stuff) and completely different stuff happened. Then again, I'm probably wrong. That's what I think anyway since the two are different universes.

Dr.X made an appearance in GT, but only as a background character. Not much has been said about the separation process itself, except it involves Samurai Jack, and the point in which the two timelines split happened "a long, long, time ago". Make what you want out of that.

ULTRADJ wrote:This wouldn't have been a problem if the writers for GT just kept MegaVille out of their story. The story was great until that one point. It's still good, but why did they do that in the first place? It was good without having it to relate to PPGD as a time split at all. The story was it's own unique thing, it still is, but then they added that.

I'm totally with you there. I think at one point Bleed wanted GT to be the end results of PpGD, however he realized that this was a stupid mistake, and now poor BR has to cleanup after his mess. At least I assume.

I've also been told that Grids desperately wanted GT and PpGD to connect, but Bleed, BR, and even Dave stood against it. All-in-all, I'm very grateful that PpGD didn't turn into GT. That would have completely ruined PpGD for me, and GT ain't looking too good at this point either. So far, the involvement of the other PPG in GT, is looking like shit.

ari-6 wrote:Really? Honestly I thought GT was most interesting during the Mimi flashback. I was genuinely exited for each new page.

Yes, I agree. It was interesting; too interesting. But they're not fucking addressing it any more, and it's pissing me off.

ari-6 wrote:Speaking of flashbacks, I am looking forward to this Samurai Jack arc. I wonder how it will kick off. Perhaps the story will cut to Jack and he will actually have the flashback. Perhaps some character who actually knows what the heck is going on will have the flashback to explain their motivations, I am thinking Dr X.

You and me both. I'm really hoping Jack's story will come soon. The sooner we can show that GT and PpGD aren't connected, the better. Not to mention; Jack's story sounds all sorts of badass.

ari-6 wrote:The most boring thing they could do I think would be to just toss it in there like GT:FO did.

I thought it was pretty interesting actually.

ari-6 wrote:But I am definitely looking forward to seeing Jack and probably Aku. Do you guys think that Aku will be just like in GT or will they have a completely new take on his character.

For all we know, Aku and Him could be dead by now.

See, here's the problem with multiple writers for one story, it becomes a big mess. It's hard for all to agree on one thing when one person wants to do something else, and if you try to compromise sometimes by adding a little of everything, it becomes hectic. Not saying GT is bad, or any of the other stories, but when I found out the story was passed along with multiple writers, it shows a bit because of the mess and how it doesn't make sense sometimes. You only need one person to create a story, maybe two, but that's enough. Four people will create a lot of problems and mess.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Yarott » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:03 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I have seen the series. You have to consider the situation.
Mac can imagine what he wants into existence.
In a world with giant armies of destructive alien robots, Mac seems the type to create something that could help.

Also, I only used Mac as an example.
Say a villain was able to create real imaginary friends...
These creatures have the ability to kill.
It's already been shown that some people create creatures for fighting rings.
There's no known objection to the possibility that those people could join together and level a city.
Such a situation could also imply that there's a task force to counter such a scenario.

Simply put, just because the area was limited, doesn't mean the implied risks are.

He's been in worse situations. Like that Demonic centipide in the first season. Never once did he used his own imagination to materialize something when he was in real danger. He is, however, crafty and resourceful. Like this one panel from the FusionFall comic:

Image (Do ignore his Male Gaze in this image, though...)

He is like the "MacGyver" of the show, by having some of the Home's residents to help. Then again, it is mostly with the help of Coco's "Deus Ex Machina" eggs.
Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:07 pm

You're missing the point of the post.
Rocks

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:19 pm

I didn't even know Fusion Fall had a comic/manga style adaption to it. Then again, I don't think it was ever popular so it must've died out pretty quick.
Just Rockin

Postby Yarott » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:46 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:I didn't even know Fusion Fall had a comic/manga style adaption to it. Then again, I don't think it was ever popular so it must've died out pretty quick.

It's the prequel comic. It was only made for the first few months of the game, if I remember correctly. Which was, when, 2007? I forgot.

Tenshi Nova wrote:You're missing the point of the post.

It's whatever the author wants to re-imagine the characters like. Forget official canon, since each CN show is their own world, and not tied to each other. Limitations are as the plot demand. As things are going, we're only speculating about the possibilities.

I will keep saying this: Mac will not make up anything else to get out of a bind. Bloo would be offended, really. If anything, Mac would just imagine Bloo to be some kind of stronger warrior. Sure, not something that happened in the show proper, but Mac being Bloo's creator, it would be like "A Boy and his Blob" with the jellybeans that would make the blob turn into things as he fights aliens (it's been a while since I played that old game on the NES). Only, in this case, the jellybeans would be whatever Mac would think of. In my opinion, that can be the limiter for things to be "balanced". Is that what you want?

As for everyone making imaginary friends: The show has been in that subject for the longest time since the first season. Only those with a powerful imagination can create imaginary friends. In many cases, only kids can do that. Mac's brother is a special case: He's a childish, idiotic bully. One who had to strain his tiny brain for hours, just to make... something... and that something backfired in the end. I forgot the name of the episode. Anyways, the main enemy here are robots. Robots who are borderline connected to a hive mind, or a "Cluster". They don't have an imagination, and they don't need one. They can just rewire whatever electric appliance they can find into a weapon and such. The only one who would be capable from the villains' side to make up one is maybe Belle. Maybe. A huge maybe.
Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:46 pm

After re-reading the text from DeeDee, Grim, and Vicar, they do something to affect the outcome of how things may turn out. What I mean is, maybe they'll do something not to prevent the bomb or anything, but make it so our heroes can face whatever danger may lay ahead. Of course, I can be totally wrong and something else may happen, but as Vicar said, "patience and we shall see."
Hold on, I may delete this post. I need to check something quick.
Just Rockin

Postby BeeAre » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Naga is a vicar. :0)
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:52 pm

BeeAre wrote:Naga is a vicar. :0)

I forgot his name, I just remembered the vicar part of it XD
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Havoc » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:54 pm

BeeAre wrote:
Havoc wrote:From what I heard, Bleedman doesn't much care for Ben 10. I'm okay with this. My vote for mayor of Megaville would either be Madam Foster, or some sort of OC that's a cartoon personification of BR. Not great ideas, but that's all I can come up with right now.

wait what, lol

Yeah, you heard it here first folks, I'm going to do a self-insert Gary Stu so fucking hard that you'll puke rainbows. hurr :B

Bahahahah!
I'm not even gonna lie: I posted that mostly just to see what your reaction would be.

ULTRADJ wrote:After re-reading the text from DeeDee, Grim, and Vicar, they do something to affect the outcome of how things may turn out. What I mean is, maybe they'll do something not to prevent the bomb or anything, but make it so our heroes can face whatever danger may lay ahead. Of course, I can be totally wrong and something else may happen, but as Vicar said, "patience and we shall see."
Hold on, I may delete this post. I need to check something quick.

Some of their dialog seems to indicate that they're there to purify Sam's (or at least someone's) soul. But as Blord has pointed out, the needs of one soul seems a bit trivial for three high ranking spirits. I feel like he's right, and Sam is only a secondary objective. It's really hard to say what their primary purpose is yet. I want to say that is has something to do with the separation of GT and PpGD, but I can't find enough traction for this theory.

BeeAre wrote:Naga is a vicar. :0)

He's has a lot of titles (that or one ridiculously long one); now why would you point this one out? A hint perhaps?

I looked at the definition of "Vicar", and it was described as a sort of religious rank, or someone who preforms the tasks of another; like a substitute. Here's the link to the dictionary:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vicar?s=t

Postby Yarott » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:57 pm

His title being "The Prime Woodland Naga Vicar of Resolution, Divinely Chosen Proselyte of the Great Azure Dragon and Heaven of the East", what inspired it? I'm oddly curious about that. Was it a fortune cookie?
Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby Havoc » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:00 pm

There is a story in Chinese mythology of this. Something along the lines of the Azure Dragon of the East, and three other similar beings. Let me see if I can find it again.

EDIT: Here we go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azure_Dragon
In Japan, the Azure Dragon is one of the four guardian spirits of cities and is said to protect the city of Kyoto on the east. The west is protected by the White Tiger, the north is protected by the Black Tortoise, the south is protected by the Vermilion Bird, and the center is protected by the Yellow Dragon.

So there could be three or four others just like Naga. I have to wonder if DeeDee is one of them.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:28 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:You're missing the point of the post.

Yarott wrote:It's whatever the author wants to re-imagine the characters like. Forget official canon, since each CN show is their own world, and not tied to each other. Limitations are as the plot demand. As things are going, we're only speculating about the possibilities.

True. The problem is that you can't just throw away official canon, you have to interpret it. Author's can change certain details that make the plot possible. I already mentioned how limitations would be necessary, but you can't just pull them out of your ass for no good reason.

Yarott wrote:I will keep saying this: Mac will not make up anything else to get out of a bind. Bloo would be offended, really. If anything, Mac would just imagine Bloo to be some kind of stronger warrior. Sure, not something that happened in the show proper, but Mac being Bloo's creator, it would be like "A Boy and his Blob" with the jellybeans that would make the blob turn into things as he fights aliens (it's been a while since I played that old game on the NES). Only, in this case, the jellybeans would be whatever Mac would think of. In my opinion, that can be the limiter for things to be "balanced". Is that what you want?

You're still ignoring post. So here, I'll bold it out for you this time: I used Mac as an example.
You can't just throw any detail you want into a story and expect it to do well. Giving creators the ability to alter creatures would make the situation worse. Then any creator can just make and alter whatever they want.
There's a difference between 'fanfiction' and 'stories inspired by'.
Take the Everafter comic as an example. It's not fanfiction, it's a story inspired by other stories.

Yarott wrote:As for everyone making imaginary friends: The show has been in that subject for the longest time since the first season. Only those with a powerful imagination can create imaginary friends. In many cases, only kids can do that. Mac's brother is a special case: He's a childish, idiotic bully. One who had to strain his tiny brain for hours, just to make... something... and that something backfired in the end. I forgot the name of the episode.

Really? Just him? What about the giant building in the back? The one filled with creatures that's been said to be too dangerous and were created by teenagers. Or the fight ring that they accidentally got mixed up with?
You can't just throw away details without a proper explanation.

Yarott wrote:Anyways, the main enemy here are robots. Robots who are borderline connected to a hive mind, or a "Cluster". They don't have an imagination, and they don't need one. They can just rewire whatever electric appliance they can find into a weapon and such. The only one who would be capable from the villains' side to make up one is maybe Belle. Maybe. A huge maybe.

They're the main enemies for the moment. There are more villains out there. Alliances can also be made, actually the enemies are already working together through an alliance.

I'm not saying that I don't want them in, I'm saying that you can't just ignore details because it'd be convenient.

Also, @Havoc
Japanese mythology :3
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:19 am

Once you start ignoring details, you stop seeing the picture and limit yourself from seeing the truth.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Fury4Justice » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:34 am

Something that I never understood, and which I probably should've asked in the thread for the previous PPGD strip's thread before it was locked: How did Bell know that Sam was going to hurt Gir? I was under the impression that Sam was more or less speaking in a low enough voice to Gir such that nobody else heard them.

Postby Sigment » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:47 am

Gir was the only one besides Sam that had the tech to repair the system Blossom damaged. In either case, using themselves to power the bomb would kill them. Therefore, by saying that she planned to use Gir to activate the bomb, Sam was threatening Gir as far as Bell was concerned.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:23 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Also, @Havoc
Japanese mythology :3

I realize this. I also just now realized that BR was just correcting ULTRADJ, and not dropping a hint. I've been sucking quite a bit lately, and it needs to stop. :c

As for the whole "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" thing: I have to agree with Tenshi. Adding concept such as the ability to spawn living creatures of any shape or size would be a giant clusterfuck.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:58 am

Fury4Justice wrote:Something that I never understood, and which I probably should've asked in the thread for the previous PPGD strip's thread before it was locked: How did Bell know that Sam was going to hurt Gir? I was under the impression that Sam was more or less speaking in a low enough voice to Gir such that nobody else heard them.

Adding to what Sigment said...
Sam commanded Bell to use Gir before attempting to cut Blossom.
Also, when she was questioning Gir, it's assumed that she was either speaking loud enough to hear, or that the Puff's super hearing helped.
Rocks

Postby Yarott » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:23 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:I'm not saying that I don't want them in, I'm saying that you can't just ignore details because it'd be convenient.

Blood Lord wrote:Once you start ignoring details, you stop seeing the picture and limit yourself from seeing the truth.

OK, my bad. I limited myself with the present and stopped thinking about the possibilities for a moment there. So what can tie together Imaginary Friends and Villans? Who would dare cause a takeover on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, the "technical" nexus of all lost and/or forgotten imagination? Those where the things that haunted my mind, but didn't mentioned before.

... and can we still vote Madame for Mayor?
Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:26 pm

I feel you're still missing the entire point.
Adding Foster's to the comic would just bring in too many complicated details. It's best to not have them in the series at all.
Unless a proper explanation can be brought up on how Foster's won't confuse the world we're already in, it's just too complicated.
Rocks

Postby ULTRADJ » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:29 pm

Unless they added chips to everyone's brains in the entire planet to stop them from imagining world destroying monsters, Fosters ain't happenin' in this comic. Sorry.
Just Rockin

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:30 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I feel you're still missing the entire point.
Adding Foster's to the comic would just bring in too many complicated details. It's best to not have them in the series at all.
Unless a proper explanation can be brought up on how Foster's won't confuse the world we're already in, it's just too complicated.

That. It's too complex to drop something like that without knowing how it would exactly fit in. There are too many variables of unpredictability to be handling something like that where a child can create a super-powered being in the blink of an eye with their imagination.

What's being shot down isn't the idea of HOW Foster's would fit into the story and the plot, but the ENTIRE idea of imaginary friends being present altogether.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!