Mission Objective Complete

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Mission Objective Complete

Postby Sigment » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:27 pm

I believe he meant "who out of the list of Cartoon Network show characters". But I've been wrong before.

I'd almost consider the Mayor of Townsville, but I personally would hope otherwise.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby ULTRADJ » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:29 pm

We never did see who officially led MegaVille, did we?
Just Rockin

Postby Yarott » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Would a Ben 10 character fit the role for Mayor of Megaville? General Skarr would be a funny pick for Mayor, IMO. I mean, he is also the Principal of the school our heroes are attending! Of course, there's also this guy.
Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby Havoc » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:34 pm

From what I heard, Bleedman doesn't much care for Ben 10. I'm okay with this. My vote for mayor of Megaville would either be Madam Foster, or some sort of OC that's a cartoon personification of BR. Not great ideas, but that's all I can come up with right now.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Yarott » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Havoc wrote:From what I heard, Bleedman doesn't much care for Ben 10. I'm okay with this. My vote for mayor of Megaville would either be Madam Foster, or some sort of OC that's a cartoon personification of BR. Not great ideas, but that's all I can come up with right now.

Madame Foster? Why, it would be the perfect pick for Mayor of Megaville! It would make the girls new home not at all that strange from the "normal" happenings of their old home. That would make Mr. Herriman her Secretary! lol (Making that acronym into an emoticon? Smart!) Would Mayor Foster have a hat and a sash with her title on it?
Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby ULTRADJ » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Y'know, speaking of Ben 10, you know who should be the leader that leads Dr. Brisbane and the RRB? Agent Six. He's from Generator Rex. He would be the perfect fit. As for the Mayor of Megaville, I'm not sure who it should be to be honest. So many choices, yet so little could fit the bill.
Just Rockin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Heh, when I read Agent Six, I thought of Number 6 from KND.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:34 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:Y'know, speaking of Ben 10, you know who should be the leader that leads Dr. Brisbane and the RRB? Agent Six. He's from Generator Rex. He would be the perfect fit. As for the Mayor of Megaville, I'm not sure who it should be to be honest. So many choices, yet so little could fit the bill.

You're not the first one to have thought of that very same idea. Blord had a point; he's awfully bland. I'm not too hot on the idea of him either.

The part of mayor is a fairly big one, considering the significance of the city. My fear is that if Madam Foster is involved, then the entire Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends universe would have to come with her. And that's ask a lot.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Heh, when I read Agent Six, I thought of Number 6 from KND.

Wasn't he a skunk?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:20 pm

Havoc wrote:
ULTRADJ wrote:Y'know, speaking of Ben 10, you know who should be the leader that leads Dr. Brisbane and the RRB? Agent Six. He's from Generator Rex. He would be the perfect fit. As for the Mayor of Megaville, I'm not sure who it should be to be honest. So many choices, yet so little could fit the bill.

You're not the first one to have thought of that very same idea. Blord had a point; he's awfully bland. I'm not too hot on the idea of him either.

The part of mayor is a fairly big one, considering the significance of the city. My fear is that if Madam Foster is involved, then the entire Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends universe would have to come with her. And that's ask a lot.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Heh, when I read Agent Six, I thought of Number 6 from KND.

Wasn't he a skunk?

Not to stray from current topic, but after reading that link in your post (I just read some posts that were in it) it has been over a year, maybe more, that we still don't know what exactly the bomb does. I mean, yes, we know it's some kind of space time dimensional bomb with very complicated mathematics going with it, but what exactly does it do, and what will happen? Hopefully, the answer is finally just over the horizon, and I hope the payoff will be mind blowing.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Havoc » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:30 pm

That was not at all off topic; you're fine.

This Bomb thing has been going on for longer than just a year. More like 2 or 3 (maybe 4?). I too hope it's well worth the wait. Right off the bat, I would like to see some GT and PpGD timeline separation scenes/dialog.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:39 pm

Yea, he was a skunk. Kind of cyborg-ish now.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:08 am

Unless it's been confirmed and I didn't see it, I don't think the bomb leads to the GT time line separation. I think GT is just the universe where maybe Dr. X never happened probably (or he's in but he did different stuff) and completely different stuff happened. Then again, I'm probably wrong. That's what I think anyway since the two are different universes.
Just Rockin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:19 am

It's been said that Samurai Jack's arc is the cause for the split. Until that arc comes, we won't know for certain.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:02 am

This wouldn't have been a problem if the writers for GT just kept MegaVille out of their story. The story was great until that one point. It's still good, but why did they do that in the first place? It was good without having it to relate to PPGD as a time split at all. The story was it's own unique thing, it still is, but then they added that.
Just Rockin

Postby Sigment » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:29 am

Was Grids still writing for GT at the time? I wonder if it was the then-current writer's decision or Bleed's to head in that direction.

The Resident Smartass

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:48 am

Really? Honestly I thought GT was most interesting during the Mimi flashback. I was genuinely exited for each new page.

Speaking of flashbacks, I am looking forward to this Samurai Jack arc. I wonder how it will kick off. Perhaps the story will cut to Jack and he will actually have the flashback. Perhaps some character who actually knows what the heck is going on will have the flashback to explain their motivations, I am thinking Dr X. The most boring thing they could do I think would be to just toss it in there like GT:FO did. That was a pretty boring chapter for me. But I am definitely looking forward to seeing Jack and probably Aku. Do you guys think that Aku will be just like in GT or will they have a completely new take on his character.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Guardian » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:01 am

ULTRADJ wrote:This wouldn't have been a problem if the writers for GT just kept MegaVille out of their story.

I'm trying to figure out how you are on the same path that Tenshi is.

The issue with GT and PpGD being separate has been an issue a lot longer than Megaville's appearance. It's appearance is just the cause of the latest surge of interest in the matter.

ULTRADJ wrote:The story was great until that one point.

Why do you say that? For many, the appearance of Megaville was a boon to the comic that it sorely needed at the time. It provided a wealth of information for characters, amoung many other things.

ULTRADJ wrote:It was good without having it to relate to PPGD as a time split at all. The story was it's own unique thing, it still is, but then they added that.

Again, the topic of PpGD and GT being separate universes has been a topic of discussion long before the future of Megaville page came out. One of the earliest recollections was the photo of Mandy and Bubbles on the fridge during Mandy's suicide attempt.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=23

And you can also argue the same point coming from PpGD with Billy and Mandy's appearance.
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=42

Sigment wrote:Was Grids still writing for GT at the time?

I believe so. I remember BR complaining about Grids having it put into the story and how it was going to be a mess to have the two lines separate. Though I am inclined to believe that the Samurai Jack back story was planned out before the event of the Megaville future occurred, because BR plans that far ahead into the future.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:02 am

ULTRADJ wrote:Unless it's been confirmed and I didn't see it, I don't think the bomb leads to the GT time line separation. I think GT is just the universe where maybe Dr. X never happened probably (or he's in but he did different stuff) and completely different stuff happened. Then again, I'm probably wrong. That's what I think anyway since the two are different universes.

Dr.X made an appearance in GT, but only as a background character. Not much has been said about the separation process itself, except it involves Samurai Jack, and the point in which the two timelines split happened "a long, long, time ago". Make what you want out of that.

ULTRADJ wrote:This wouldn't have been a problem if the writers for GT just kept MegaVille out of their story. The story was great until that one point. It's still good, but why did they do that in the first place? It was good without having it to relate to PPGD as a time split at all. The story was it's own unique thing, it still is, but then they added that.

I'm totally with you there. I think at one point Bleed wanted GT to be the end results of PpGD, however he realized that this was a stupid mistake, and now poor BR has to cleanup after his mess. At least I assume.

I've also been told that Grids desperately wanted GT and PpGD to connect, but Bleed, BR, and even Dave stood against it. All-in-all, I'm very grateful that PpGD didn't turn into GT. That would have completely ruined PpGD for me, and GT ain't looking too good at this point either. So far, the involvement of the other PPG in GT, is looking like shit.

ari-6 wrote:Really? Honestly I thought GT was most interesting during the Mimi flashback. I was genuinely exited for each new page.

Yes, I agree. It was interesting; too interesting. But they're not fucking addressing it any more, and it's pissing me off.

ari-6 wrote:Speaking of flashbacks, I am looking forward to this Samurai Jack arc. I wonder how it will kick off. Perhaps the story will cut to Jack and he will actually have the flashback. Perhaps some character who actually knows what the heck is going on will have the flashback to explain their motivations, I am thinking Dr X.

You and me both. I'm really hoping Jack's story will come soon. The sooner we can show that GT and PpGD aren't connected, the better. Not to mention; Jack's story sounds all sorts of badass.

ari-6 wrote:The most boring thing they could do I think would be to just toss it in there like GT:FO did.

I thought it was pretty interesting actually.

ari-6 wrote:But I am definitely looking forward to seeing Jack and probably Aku. Do you guys think that Aku will be just like in GT or will they have a completely new take on his character.

For all we know, Aku and Him could be dead by now.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:08 am

Dave has never stood against anything like that on the comics.

Check my post too, you'll see the reason in there.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:11 am

I'm sorry. I didn't realize you had posted before me. My bad.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:11 am

I'm used to it.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Sigment » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:50 am

You'd think people would notice the "There has been at least * posts yadda yadda..." thing when a post has been made while they're typing theirs up.

Anyway, Blood, it's kinda funny that you put in that PpGD link. It had Buttercup attacking with the old "name an attack after yourself" cliche. I say it's funny because I was thinking literally yesterday about the RRB having named attacks like that ("Butch Blaster", "Sonic Boomer", "Brick Breaker", "Rowdy Rumble", etc.).

P.S. "Rowdy Rumble" would be a three-pronged attack including all three of them.

The Resident Smartass

Postby BeeAre » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:36 am

Havoc wrote:From what I heard, Bleedman doesn't much care for Ben 10. I'm okay with this. My vote for mayor of Megaville would either be Madam Foster, or some sort of OC that's a cartoon personification of BR. Not great ideas, but that's all I can come up with right now.

wait what, lol

Yeah, you heard it here first folks, I'm going to do a self-insert Gary Stu so fucking hard that you'll puke rainbows. hurr :B

I believe so. I remember BR complaining about Grids having it put into the story and how it was going to be a mess to have the two lines separate. Though I am inclined to believe that the Samurai Jack back story was planned out before the event of the Megaville future occurred, because BR plans that far ahead into the future.[/quote]

I've planned out quite a lot.

Let me check my notes.

So... I have outlines for... about six distinctly different outcomes with a good five chapters for each one, with multiple overlaps and redirects and extensions. :0)

Samurai Jack's story indeed was planned from the beginning. GT being a result of a lack of his intervention was in fact always ready, given the already tenuous connection between the comics, but when Megaville was outright placed into GT, I went "well okay, activating that contingency. derp".

I started all this nonsense in like, July of 2007. I've had time to occasionally smudge or adjust details based on what I'm given by Bleedman. Some things are more successful than others. Lately the tone has been better even if the updates are much less frequent. :o

I know how it ends. ;O

It all depends on how Bleedman wants to finalize his ultimate opinion of Bell. Good guy, bad guy, tragic ending, happy ending. All kinds of mixing and matching that he doesn't want to think about right now. :B

Naturally, I will be arguing a bit strong for the "better" outcomes that don't make me feel like I'm compromising my storytelling abilities quite so hard. >_>

we're planning out the anniversary right now. :)
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Yarott » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:00 am

Havoc wrote:The part of mayor is a fairly big one, considering the significance of the city. My fear is that if Madam Foster is involved, then the entire Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends universe would have to come with her. And that's ask a lot.

I don't think the Foster's Home Universe is big enough to be a concern. The entire show was about being in a huge house on the inside with imaginary monsters and other beings. That's it. Not much else outside of character development for 8-9 characters and 2-3 antagonists in a very closed environment, and it was very small character development. If you dissect the 79-ish episodes, only 20 or so had much impact, as many felt more like fillers. I remember when people I know skipped on a couple of seasons because it did had a decline in it's storytelling at some point. Heh, would you blame it on Cheese? Of course, the only real conflict in all of this series was the fear of losing friends. It's the only thing that was, really. Every other bit was about shenanigan shorts.

Now, to me, Foster's Home can fit into the story, because it doesn't have some kind of expansive universe like KND (it's own reality), B&M (69 Eps, 3 Movies, 1 Special, 6 Billy's Birthday shorts! and around 13 other ones. Plus the Evil ConCarne, which is EU stuff) or even Samurai Jack (Possible Bad Future). Foster's Universe is mostly self-contained in a single suburb. And the "Power of Imagination" has been touched upon in most of the shows already covered in both PPGD and GT. So yeah, Madame Foster for Mayor! Now, all that's left would be to figure out what would be the Police Department of Megaville (MVPD?), and who would be running it.

BeeAre wrote:

wait what, lol

Yeah, you heard it here first folks, I'm going to do a self-insert Gary Stu so fucking hard that you'll puke rainbows. hurr :B

How about you be the Head of Megaville Security? Protecting the "headcanon" for a better future! Not Gary Stu enough? lol
BeeAre wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:

I believe so. I remember BR complaining about Grids having it put into the story and how it was going to be a mess to have the two lines separate. Though I am inclined to believe that the Samurai Jack back story was planned out before the event of the Megaville future occurred, because BR plans that far ahead into the future.

I've planned out quite a lot.

Let me check my notes.

So... I have outlines for... about six distinctly different outcomes with a good five chapters for each one, with multiple overlaps and redirects and extensions. :0)

Samurai Jack's story indeed was planned from the beginning. GT being a result of a lack of his intervention was in fact always ready, given the already tenuous connection between the comics, but when Megaville was outright placed into GT, I went "well okay, activating that contingency. derp".

I started all this nonsense in like, July of 2007. I've had time to occasionally smudge or adjust details based on what I'm given by Bleedman. Some things are more successful than others. Lately the tone has been better even if the updates are much less frequent. :o

I know how it ends. ;O

It all depends on how Bleedman wants to finalize his ultimate opinion of Bell. Good guy, bad guy, tragic ending, happy ending. All kinds of mixing and matching that he doesn't want to think about right now. :B

Naturally, I will be arguing a bit strong for the "better" outcomes that don't make me feel like I'm compromising my storytelling abilities quite so hard. >_>

we're planning out the anniversary right now. :)

So, would you say that THAT'S when the "PPGD = GT" started? Also, thanks again for going around with making a recap for this series!
Last edited by Yarott on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:06 am

The only real problem with a world like Foster's is the fact that outside the home itself, there are people that can all just imagine creatures into existence. It could be said that only certain people, maybe with a mutation, can imagine things into reality.
Also, when placed on a planet, I wonder if there are more homes similar to Foster's.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!