Mission Objective Complete

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Mission Objective Complete

Postby Yarott » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:03 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I feel you're still missing the entire point.
Adding Foster's to the comic would just bring in too many complicated details. It's best to not have them in the series at all.
Unless a proper explanation can be brought up on how Foster's won't confuse the world we're already in, it's just too complicated.

*turns off the idiot ball and kicks it far away* :redface: I don't know how I had that in my hands.

OK, now I get your point. I agree. *sigh* I now feel like I've gone out of character with pushing for a request that would've been too alien for the setting. The "Imaginary Friend" plot device has been used for many stories, only in Foster's, it does go a step beyond. I... feel like I should start being a writer and think about how to make it feasible for a normally "scientific, yet Mag(k)ical" world like this one. Ugh, but then again, as I was writing this (I actually stood in the Advanced Post screen for 8 hours now, and now I have a headache), I saw this in the "Fridge Logic" section of TV Tropes about the show, with this statement that also further drives your point home:

TV Tropes wrote:
  • Imaginary characters become real in this verse... so what about fiction? How do writers tell a story without bringing every one of their characters to life? Sure, for some genres, this wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but what about sci-fi and horror? Every single villain and monster in all of fiction would be real in the Foster's universe. Bloo referred to Godzilla in one episode. So then, that would mean that every one of the world-shaking monsters in that franchise *alone* must exist, or have existed at some point. To say nothing of childhood boogeymen. Every city in the world should be teeming with Eldritch abominations of every description! Yeah, in order to bring an imaginary friend to life, a person must really put some serious effort into it. Goo is a special case, due to almost literally bursting with imagination, so she can create dozens of friends in seconds.

Sure, that quote talks about how writing fiction in that world would be a dangerous thing, but it kinda has something relevant to what you say. For the time being, Foster's Home is out of the question. Many shows here draw from some of their lore, and get answers to other problems by borrowing from other solutions found in another show. Kinda like Grim being the link to the Afterlife for many characters here (Life and Death sure are cheap). Plus the extra divinities not yet fully established, like Naga and now Dee Dee. But now, the "Power of Imagination" is put into question. We all want a scientific answer to that. What Laws of Magic(k) can explain this phenomenon? Is it related to the concept of a "Familiar"? We know that age is a factor. So, what else is a factor?
Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby alexmack » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:23 am

Great art and story. Just wish Blossom was not the Mary Sue of the story! It's the Powerpuff Girls, so they all need some love!

Postby Havoc » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:11 pm

Hello alexmack. Welcome to the forums. Although Blossom is getting quite a bit of attention, it's all for the good of the story. I'm confidant the other PPG (and heroes) will get the spotlight soon enough.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Yarott » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:22 pm

Havoc wrote:Hello alexmack. Welcome to the forums. Although Blossom is getting quite a bit of attention, it's all for the good of the story. I'm confidant the other PPG (and heroes) will get the spotlight soon enough.

But it does seem that way, right? Blossom has been getting a lot of focus and screen time for much of this comic (and part of GT), while willfully carrying the burden of many tasks and (mostly) succeeding in them. And then, we get "Holmes Vision/Sherlock Mode/????" thrown in. Of course, Buttercup did had a small story arc, along with some exposition with Blossom in the current arc. But, what about Bubbles? She's mostly there as Courage's interpreter/translator and being there as a bystander, which is very weird. One would wonder what would happen if in PPGD, some of the enemies push Bubbles to the same situation as the one in the episode "Bubblevicious".
Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:33 pm

We must take into account what's happening in the story.
Blossom's screen time isn't unwarranted, she is only focused on when necessary.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Target Confirmed. Locked initiated.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!