The Edge Of The Sword

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Edge Of The Sword

Postby The Darkitect » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:44 pm

OK, I hope I don't piss anybody off by recapping what has happened (and what it means) and what may happen and how it will cause the bomb to go off.

So basically, Sam wants to use GIR to make the bomb go off (and I don't think that Bell would like that), Blossom realized that she has to make a decision on how this is going to go down... or else the bomb goes off (which DOES happen, so maybe she does mess up...) and they all die (unless Grim does some creative stuff to prevent that from happening). Don't forget that Naga talked to Bell a little earlier, and the fact that Bell will probably go to some extreme measures to protect GIR (or rather "Girly") and the fact that GIR said that he will protect Bell at all costs may make it so that GIR may attack Sam (or to make Bell attack Sam and hit GIR instead) and cause some... damage... to GIR. Then, that will allow Sam to use GIR's circuits (and fry them along the way) to cause the bomb to go off. Now one question I have is if Bell is going to use the sword to attack Sam, and as stated earlier, hit GIR instead. Now the real good stuff starts when we ask what Blossom sees, and what she needs to decide on or the bomb will go off (the latter happens, but we don't know how yet). Why Blossom mentioned Jack's sword makes me wonder if Sam will use the sword and try to attack Bell, and Blossom isn't sure if it will cut her or not (and if she needs to help her or not). After all, Sam probably thinks the sword would work on Bell, but Blossom sees the light in her (she wouldn't be able to find it in me if she tried >:-); I hate it when Blossom acts like a goody two shoes, or rather IS a goody two shoes and is all nice and stuff) and is not sure that the sword sees the light in her (not a good word; the sword doesn't have eyes). That is all I have to say, I hope you liked this (or not; I don't really care)!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:25 pm

The Darkitect wrote:OK, I hope I don't piss anybody off by recapping what has happened (and what it means) and what may happen and how it will cause the bomb to go off.

Theories are always welcomed. Just try to split your posts in to paragraphs next time, it helps comprehension, and allows specific details stand out better than a block of words. c:

The Darkitect wrote:and they all die (unless Grim does some creative stuff to prevent that from happening).

Whether or not they all die is questionable. The Time Bomb is said to affect time in some way. The characters assume that it kills. Those that have a better idea on what the bomb does seem to imply that it won't kill, examples include Dr.X, Bell and Sam.

The Darkitect wrote:and the fact that Bell will probably go to some extreme measures to protect GIR (or rather "Girly") and the fact that GIR said that he will protect Bell at all costs may make it so that GIR may attack Sam (or to make Bell attack Sam and hit GIR instead) and cause some... damage... to GIR. Then, that will allow Sam to use GIR's circuits (and fry them along the way) to cause the bomb to go off. Now one question I have is if Bell is going to use the sword to attack Sam, and as stated earlier, hit GIR instead.

Interesting thought, but I don't think Sam plans to break Gir. I believe she has the ability to break Gir if she wanted to, especially since she's already toying with him.

The Darkitect wrote:Now the real good stuff starts when we ask what Blossom sees, and what she needs to decide on or the bomb will go off (the latter happens, but we don't know how yet). Why Blossom mentioned Jack's sword makes me wonder if Sam will use the sword and try to attack Bell, and Blossom isn't sure if it will cut her or not (and if she needs to help her or not).
The Darkitect wrote:After all, Sam probably thinks the sword would work on Bell, but Blossom sees the light in her

You mentioned that Bell would use the sword earlier. So, I'm assuming this part of a different theory. I don't believe Sam can get the sword, since it's directly between Bell and the other Puff, too far for her to just pick up.
I also don't believe Sam would care about the sword, after seeing it being ineffective against Blossom's exposed neck, Sam most likely assumes it's useless against any puff. Remember that Bell and Sam have no idea how Jack's sword works.

The Darkitect wrote:(she wouldn't be able to find it in me if she tried >:-); I hate it when Blossom acts like a goody two shoes, or rather IS a goody two shoes and is all nice and stuff) and is not sure that the sword sees the light in her (not a good word; the sword doesn't have eyes). That is all I have to say, I hope you liked this (or not; I don't really care)!

A bit spastic, but nothing too incoherent. Just try to make yourself more understandable in the future. New people that can carry a discussion are always welcomed.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Iron117Prime » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:15 pm

Here's my theory. Sam threaten GIR, Bell grabs the sword to attack Sam, Sam pulls GIR up and Bell accidentally kills him, Sam uses the circuits to trigger the bomb, something like that.

Goddamit, I hate waiting, especially when it starts to get interesting.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:26 pm

Deal with it. PPGD gets updated once every couple weeks, if we're lucky.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Iron117Prime » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:29 pm

You don't have to sound rude.

Postby Sigment » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:38 pm

It did sound like you were being impatient, so I can't exactly blame him. Fact is PpGD gets far less attention from Bleedman compared to GT. We're all bothered by it, but I'd prefer to just discuss the page.

@Tenshi
You could ease up a little.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Iron117Prime » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:40 pm

OK. Its just an AWESOME story, but I'll stick to discussing the page.

Postby The Darkitect » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:44 pm

@Tenshi Nova this isn't my first post, but I still am new here and I appreciate what you said. Also, I was sort of in a hurry when I typed that so I didn't really have time to make paragraphs or anything. Also, yes, I do have two different theories in there. Now then, I wanted to rephrase this quote:

"she wouldn't be able to find it in me if she tried >:-); I hate it when Blossom acts like a goody two shoes, or rather IS a goody two shoes and is all nice and stuff"

USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR THIS POST
Last edited by Guardian on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Why? You might ask. Simple. While we allow you to express yourself and choose your language, it is limited to when it becomes a conflicting issue. You need not to focalize your opinion in such a matter.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:50 pm

@IronPrime
Sorry for being rude. Just a handful of things have been annoying me recently.

@Darkitect
Ease up with the enlarged text. You can use profanity and the posting options, but please, keep a certain level of etiquette. Don't spam discussion pages, there's no need for you to take that much room to say something of no importance.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Iron117Prime » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:51 pm

I agree, please stop the haters comments.

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:55 pm

.....Dude, do you need a muscle relaxer or something? Also, is it me or are new members joining here a lot lately since I joined? Another thing, GT gets more attention that PPGD? I thought PPGD and GT got the same amount of attention and Sugar Bits gets a little less because it's a little less well known, but still known enough. Also, to the dude above me, I guess calm down a little next time. It's okay if you don't fancy Blossom, but you might've went a little too extreme there.
Just Rockin

Postby Guardian » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, your ability to post is like a privilege, not a right. When it becomes obnoxious as hell in a manner similar to that, it is limited and you are warned.

These threads shall be kept in a civil mindset and manner. Should I find it lacking, I will use everything in my arsenal to correct the matter.

Carry on with PpGD discussion, thanks.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby The Darkitect » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Sorry about that, but I felt REALLY good doing that (I want to put "really" in large text but I don't want another warning... or worse). It is just to show how much I hate her (and her sisters in general). But yeah, all we truly know is that the bomb goes off and that it is a time bomb, and not much else (we have theories though).

Postby MagicalManFromMars » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:24 pm

@AkuTenshiiZero Glad to see there are others here who share my thoughts.
"History abhors a paradox." -Raziel, Soul Reaver 2
I live in a hell of my own creation... my home.

Postby SuperFireDagwon » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:40 pm

Havoc wrote:Well we know Aku will be somewhere in the story because of Jack, but get the feeling that you're under the misguided thought that this is the prequel to GT. It's not.

As for Bunny, that's just my personal preference.

Has it been said for certain that PPGD isn't GT's past history?

I've been reading both stories for a while (I came into PPGD right around when Mighty Orbots showed up on that splash page) but keeping both timelines straight and not mixing them has been a bit hard for me (and I've been watching Doctor Who since the mid 80's!).

If it has been said for sure it's not in the GT timeline I apologize for missing that revelation.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:42 pm

It's been confirmed that they are 2 different stories by BeeAre, the writer for PPGD.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby SuperFireDagwon » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:50 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:It's been confirmed that they are 2 different stories by BeeAre, the writer for PPGD.

Okay, thanks!

And I know it can never be done due to copyright laws, but I would SO buy a collected Hardback edition of PPGD. I'm not even a PPG super fan, but the way all of CN's universe are incorporated into this story is just brilliant.

I'm looking at my hardcover Battle Chasers omnibus and wishing I had a PPGD to sit beside it on the shelf ;)

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:52 pm

When I love really good series, I always have the compulsion to write fics about them, if possible of course. I don't know why, but I think it's like my tribute to the author or something.
Just Rockin

Postby Havoc » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:59 pm

Back when GT After Birth was going to be a thing, there were talks about printing up hard copies of them, and selling them on Shark Robot. A long time ago, someone came onto the site and gave us a possible loophole to the whole copyright issue.

Also I thought I'd let everyone know that it's been confirmed that by the time the Bomb goes off, Sam will be dead.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Iron117Prime » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:13 pm

That whack job Sam totally deserves it. I don't mean to sound hateful, but she is just evil and plain psyco.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:16 pm

Feel free to visit the Art and Literature sections. You can make your own thread to share your work too. c:
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:39 pm

Oh I will, my prologue is almost done. I'll explain everything in the thread I made there about my fic as well as where I'm going with it. Also, GT After Birth got stopped because of copyright issues? I always wondered why it never showed up.
Just Rockin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Hm...I thought I saw IronPrime make a comment about his own fanfic.

I'm not sure. All I do know is that GT:AB is no longer canon, so oh welp.

Oh, this is also a PPGD discussion thread, we should get back on track.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silentgrace7 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:46 pm

I was hoping that this update would answer a few questions.

I now I have five questions for every question that I wanted answered, on top of the questions I already had ^^"
Doors are for people with no imagination

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Like if Bell and Naga will ever get together!? XD
Just Rockin

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!