Switch to full style
Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!
Topic locked

Re: The Edge Of The Sword

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Agreed. I REALLY hope she shows up.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:14 pm

Er mah gerd what's gonna happen?!
What decision?! WHAT?!WHAT?!

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:27 pm

What are the choices for Blossom?

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:40 pm

THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO KNOWN

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:41 pm

AND I WANNA KNOW HOW YOU MADE YOUR FONT SIZE SO BIG!!!!1

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:50 pm

[size=500 THERE YOU GO![/size]

Anywho, enough bullshitting.

Edit: Whoops! Wrong thread.
Last edited by Eggnog on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:56 pm

I think you got the wrong comic there, Exodis. As for the "choices", I'm not sure at this point, but if I had to guess I'd said I could be a choice between stopping Sam from reactivating the bomb, or stopping Bell from attacking Buttercup with Jack's sword. But that's only a guess.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:00 am

Whoops! My bad.

Anywho, that may be possible Havoc.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:06 am

Wrong comic for what?

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:22 am

All I could think of when I saw the last panel was this quote from Soul Reaver 2: "There's a third option... suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day, it lands on its edge."

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:26 am

Welcome to the forums, MMFM. Right now, we're still scratching our heads over what the two choices could in the first place.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:31 am

So if they go after Bell, Gir goes off.

But I'm guessing if they go after Samantha or even let Bell go after Samantha, Gir goes off as Samantha and Bell fight.

Yet if they go after Gir, Bell will engage them and Gir will go off.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:35 am

Goodness me, things are heating up o.O

Hmmmm, I assume that it was blossoms wrong choice that made the bomb go off. Or perhaps Grim gave her that vision to fix the situation after counselling with DeeDee and Naga.

By the way, who is Naga? I've never heard of him.
Although depending on the Bell Moon Mission Comic a while back, him and Bell might get together.
Baga. Or Nell.
Nell's better.

I SHIP IT!!! :grin:

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:41 am

She's using that Sherlock Homes thing she did earlier. It's not some sort of divine intervention going on.

Naga is a OC from Seir, a former member of Bleed's team. And you are way too late to for that sort of a ship. It's been happening ever since we saw him back in 2008 on some promotional material.

Not officially, mind you. Just in fan works.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:47 am

Blood Lord wrote:So if they go after Bell, Gir goes off.

But I'm guessing if they go after Samantha or even let Bell go after Samantha, Gir goes off as Samantha and Bell fight.

Yet if they go after Gir, Bell will engage them and Gir will go off.

That's an interesting way to look at it. It's sorta like a Mexican Standoff. But it looks like Sam might somehow alter Gir's programming, so he might do something else instead.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:21 am

I can see Sam saying, "I'm a nuke! If you (Gir) don't make the bomb go off I'll kill Bell right now!" or doing something like that.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:26 am

It seems more like Gir would just go after Sam if she did that.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:41 am

Tension's killing all of us it seems.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:59 am

well this HAS all happened before and somehow Blossom knows this. Right now is the prime moment where something different has to occur and considering that Gir can be used to activate the bomb at the price of his motherboard (among other things), I believe that Blossom is in a position to make a truce with Bell to save Gir from being used as a detonator. Of course afterwards there's no telling what could happen...

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:35 am

I have to wonder if this is a reference to Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2. Kain gave a long speech about how the world could only go down two paths via his choice (at the end of the very first game), but then famously presented Raziel with a question: "Suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day it lands on it's edge."

Later at the end of the game Raziel achieves this third outcome, resulting in Kain attaining memories of a new history on top of what he already knew, as well as a quite visible and dramatic shift in reality as a new timeline was created. I have to wonder if this is a similar situation. Blossom's death or survival seems to be a fulcrum on which two divergent timelines rest, as is suggested by the need for her to live. And by "forcing" her to live, Grim may have incidentally created that "edge of the coin" scenario where now a third timeline is emerging.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:18 am

Havoc wrote:It seems more like Gir would just go after Sam if she did that.

Unless Gir can't attack people on an allies list. Or, maybe Sam creates a position where Gir can't reach her in time.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:35 am

Blossom is doing some really quick mental calculations to determine what to do. Buttercup doesn't understand the impact of if Blossom makes the wrong choice. Some people said they wanted Bunny to come back. I remember reading fanfiction where people came up with their own ideas of how she was brought back to life. Some of the fanfiction was good and some of it was okay. She would add interest to the story if she makes an appearance. I think a fight is going to happen between Bell and Samantha in the next update.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:29 pm

freekin love this..am FAN...jus sayin...

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Well... this'll be interesting.
Welcome Derpy, glad you can join the forums. Enjoy your stay.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:52 pm

As long as you show intelligence and try not to roleplay. There's a forum section made just for that.
Topic locked