Melancholy

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Melancholy

Postby Tuor » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Personally, I think it would be a wise move on NEK's part to actually join the forum so fans can stop getting bits and pieces of iinformation second hand through jorama, and actually directly interact with the people he's writing for.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Hmmm Sugar Bits is back.
This is a "bittersweet" moment. Ya see wut ai ded thar?
Here's to the new writer to this "shouldn't-this-be-done?" comic.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:46 pm

I'm still confused on who's really writing SB and GT.
Jorama says NEK only checks grammar, and I'm guessing dialogue to an extent.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:27 am

Tuor wrote:Personally, I think it would be a wise move on NEK's part to actually join the forum so fans can stop getting bits and pieces of information second hand through jorama, and actually directly interact with the people he's writing for.

I agree with this.

Bleed's other writers and staff did it and it worked out well.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby AgentZero » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:42 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:I'm still confused on who's really writing SB and GT.
Jorama says NEK only checks grammar, and I'm guessing dialogue to an extent.

I know that bleedman is only the artist, but perhaps he's writing it. :unsure: I dunno.
Although his art has gotten waaaay cooler. I was reading ppgd over again for leisure last week, and the first page's art style was so different! o.O :grin:
"I did not trip and fall, I attacked the floor and I am winning."
"I am on a seafood diet. I see food, I eat it."
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years."
Dont Blink

Postby Rouge World » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:02 am

I love SB and its great to see that its back but everyone keeps complaining about the Writer i think its time we suspend our caps of disbelief and hold our judgment on SB until given a reason not to. Nice Ad
The Best

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:13 am

There is reason. People are already negatively taking GT, now SB is given to the same writer. The circumstances behind what's been happening behind the scenes are not just vague, it's seconded handed and barely given. There are more, but these are the main reasons, that have an easy fix.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rouge World » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:56 am

what i mean is if were not gonna get a change in writers the we might as well change how we look at things so Nek may have messed with GT a bit. The Comic goes on but we cant judge the future of SB to soon i mean give him a chance.
The Best

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:19 am

A writer can improve though. Many people stop visiting the site because they lose interest in the comics. Trying to pinpoint a problem at the beginning, rather than waiting for a mistake, would be the best solution, especially during an uproar pertaining to the same parties involved.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Omegalittlebob » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:48 am

And...cue the Evanescence music for this page.

Postby Nina333 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:52 am

I'm very happy Sugarbits is continuing since I thought it might never get picked up again. NEK is the writer which may be good or bad. This update did seem interesting with a depressed Ginger walking through the city. Ginger made me think of Helga from Hey Arnold with her surly appearance.

Postby Raulosification » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:44 am

Yes,
YEs,
YES,
YES!
''A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.''
The Mighty Death

Postby Creppy Eggy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:56 am

Hmmm, just noticed something.
Like flies attracted to bright light, lots of members who haven't been on for a long while/posted in quite a while are now coming back just for this update on SB... hmmm... c'mon guys, post more across the forums.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Shygirl » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:53 pm

holy shit I thought sugar bits was discontinued!!! HOORAY! OMG I miss no and robin and gene I'm so happy! and I know I don't hav prof pic but I just had to say this :3

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Birdofterror wrote: Grim Tales was about a wide variety of rich characters with their own backstories and complex motives.
I feel like maybe you are overselling it. I know that the recent chapter of GT was not recieved well but this is Sugarbits. The comic which received the least attention and devolved into a ridiculous fight scene that spanned three years. As far as I am concerned, Anything would be an improvement as long as it was a story
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:16 pm

I thought the last chapter of GT was fine. It gave some more character development, mostly for Chi because she is new, and lead up to the main events. Only the start of this chapter disappointed me a bit because I was hoping to see the actions now. I like Chi, mainly because of her Yandere behavior but, I don't already need a flashback.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:58 pm

I think Chi closer resembles hime-deres.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:29 pm

Hime-dere? Come on you just made that one up
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:33 pm

Google it. It's the princess character. Rich, popular, spoiled, and the second someone gets away with telling them 'no', their character develops.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 pm

Just out of curiosity - Why are we discussing GT in this?
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rouge World » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:44 pm

i hope thats not a real question lol
The Best

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:47 pm

Anyways.
There's not really anything to discuss here anymore. Might as well continue this in a GT thread.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:07 pm

Rouge World wrote:i hope thats not a real question lol

It is. This is a Sugar Bits thread and Grim Tales talk does not belong here. If you want to continue discussing GT, do so in the proper thread.

I really hope this isn't a flashback. It's not that I don't like them, but GT and PpGD are already doing it and I'd like this one to move forward rather than backward if possible.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Seeing how Ginger is walking through the streets of Dystopia, I'm betting is a flashback on how she got there.

BUT I do also know that this could be a reboot of Sugar Bits, instead of a continuation. At least that was what I was hearing to be a strong possibility to happen if the comic ever continued, especially with the criticism of the battle scene length.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Hm...you gave me an idea. Absolute nothing backs up the idea, but speculating is fun.

If it is the past, I don't mind. Honestly speaking, with the ending previously given, I think they may have assumed most fans have already come to terms that some questions will remain unanswered for a long time. I also think it'd be for the best. Since SB is kind of being 'judged', I feel it'd be better to make a flashback arc, before trying to continue after the ending given.

And to the fun part...
When I first read 'Melancholy', my first thought was Haruhi Suzumiya. For those that may not know, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was about a girl that had some sort of control over reality.
Ginger being human, and everyone else seeming to come from an child's imagination, it reminded me of a theory that Haruhi simply imagined the world she lived in, into existence.
SB could possibly emulate that idea. Ginger could possibly imagining the different realms into existence.

I'm purposely keeping out the idea that the entire thing is just her imagination, because that wouldn't be much fun. >.>
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!