Chapter 9 begins

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Chapter 9 begins

Postby Lhines » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:12 am

I wonder if Mimi's interest in Chi is as a fangirl? I mean, being a singer is an unobtainable goal for Mimi, since she is mute. You know what i mean? Like, the fact that she could never do it makes Chi seem more impressive, or something along those lines. Who wouldn't want to bang their idol? Then in a strange twist Chi ended up falling for Mimi, instead of the other way around. I don't think Blossom has anything to do with it since I believe they have had sex. I mean, Blossom COULD have something to do with it, maybe Mimi has a mother complex.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:58 am

Welcome to the forums Lhines. Blossom certainly has to do something with it as seen in the page "Chi's a weeaboo" Chi gets a flashback of Mimi killing Blossom and Chi sees that from Blossom's perspective. And I don't think they had sex, I know Bleed is a perv but I don't think he would let the girls have sex. And NEK writes the story, and I don't he is such a perv like Bleed.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:12 am

Lhines wrote:I wonder if Mimi's interest in Chi is as a fangirl?

Possible.

Sigment wrote:Technically, it never says in the page that that was the first time they met.

Technically, this comic doesn't say a lot of fucking things we already accept as truth.

Darkingdomhearts wrote:I know Bleed is a perv but I don't think he would let the girls have sex. And NEK writes the story, and I don't he is such a perv like Bleed.

He sure isn't doing anything to suppress the creepiness. Thus you could reasonably assume that both are creepy. Wouldn't be the first time he got someone that agreed with his tastes.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lhines » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:Welcome to the forums Lhines. Blossom certainly has to do something with it as seen in the page "Chi's a weeaboo" Chi gets a flashback of Mimi killing Blossom and Chi sees that from Blossom's perspective. And I don't think they had sex, I know Bleed is a perv but I don't think he would let the girls have sex. And NEK writes the story, and I don't he is such a perv like Bleed.

I suppose, gotta feel bad for Chi though, can't get shut down harder than "you remind me of my mom" what makes it worse is that since Mimi can't talk Chi will either have to hear it from someone else or over text message.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Mimi can talk, to an extent. Mimi also prefers to communicate telepathically, I believe.
The reason for why Mimi likes Chi is still up in the air. Resembling Blossom is just the popular theory, that I also agree with.
It's likely that Mimi would tell Chi telepathically, but it seems Chi is still in the dark about that piece of information.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby AgentZero » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote: Mimi also prefers to communicate telepathically, I believe.

I NEVER KNEW THAT, BLOODY AWESOME!!!
P.S thanks for all your startup support tenshi. I no longer feel as lost on these forums as I did before! :grin:
"I did not trip and fall, I attacked the floor and I am winning."
"I am on a seafood diet. I see food, I eat it."
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years."
Dont Blink

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:36 pm

Rather than concrete thoughts, it could be a push of her thoughts that help people understand her. Such as her interactions with Raven.

No problem at all, always good to see enthusiastic new members, even though I'm still relatively new. c:
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby mimimandy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:18 am

Ah no.
Flashbacks in this comic are beginning to strike me as a tad bit gratuitous. This totally takes the cake, though.
I have a feeling that this COULD possibly be the first or one of the first times Chi and Mimi met, considering how starry eyed Mimi is, as though she's never seen Chi before. Not to mention that Jeff seems confused as to why Mimi decided to go the concert at all. If this wasn't the first time they'd met, then I think Jeff would ask no questions, knowing that Mimi went for the sake of Chi. (Of course that all depends on whether or not Jeff is aware of Chi's relationship with Mimi. I'm not too sure if he is.)
And that's it. That's all I've got. See you next page.
Too Cool For the Bullshit

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:25 am

AgentZero wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote: Mimi also prefers to communicate telepathically, I believe.

I NEVER KNEW THAT, BLOODY AWESOME!!!
P.S thanks for all your startup support tenshi. I no longer feel as lost on these forums as I did before! :grin:

There is no evidence of the statement. Don't get your hopes up.
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:43 am

Wasn't it placed in a character sheet?
Ofc I'm not sure who made it, but people have brought up the thought often.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:19 am

Show me this sheet then.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:35 pm

If I'm correct then it was mentioned either in Further Orientation or in the flashback of What About Mimi? about her telepathic communication. But I'm not sure.

However I think it is funny that some people are complaining about Chi getting too much attention now, because a few people also did that when Mimi's File of GTFO began because she just got a chapter about her. Honestly I also hope this chapter isn't going to be all flashback and revolve around Chi and Mimi. I really want to see the council meeting, what Minnie is going to do, and what Junior is going to do with Mimi
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Xi-1 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:09 pm

I think there are a total of three Rules of Writing possibly being broken in this comic:
1. Try not to create multiple characters whose names start with the same letter, because it can get confusing.
1B (sort of a corollary). Create a minimal cast to minimize confusion.
2. Start the narrative as close to the initial sequence of action as possible to maximize interest.
3. If you must use flashbacks, keep them to a minimum and stack them near the beginning to avoid interrupting the flow later on. Focus, instead, on the current narrative.

These are from The Marshall Plan for Novel Writing, if you'd like to look it up. Of course, there are no hard-and-fast rules for writing successful pieces, and everyone writes differently anyway. Minimal cast? Negima has over 120 named and unnamed characters, and it's one of my favourite series.

But anyway, so many flashbacks. Are NEK and Bleedman stalling for time, perhaps?

This could easily be one of the earlier times these two have 'met,' again considering Jeff's confusion (it's also important that this indicates that Mimi usually likes to keep to herself instead of being social, especially given the demon crowd at her birthday party). Given that they've left HIM's corner of the Underworld for Aku City, Jeff should have known that Chi was playing that night, and if Mimi and Chi were well-acquainted, he would have at least looked it up. In the meantime, we can see that Mimi is at least a fan.

On the subject of telepathic communication, I don't remember Mimi using it. She only pointed to Raven's chakra gem or stared at something.
A Page Flipper

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:22 pm

Xi-1 wrote:But anyway, so many flashbacks. Are NEK and Bleedman stalling for time, perhaps?

What annoys some members is that we're unsure. We're basically in the dark about that.

Xi-1 wrote:On the subject of telepathic communication, I don't remember Mimi using it. She only pointed to Raven's chakra gem or stared at something.

I believe it's not direct telepathy. She pushes her thoughts. That way people have a better way of understanding her, not direct communication.

@MadDoc
I can't find the character sheet :c
I just remember people mentioning it. It was older and lost somewhere in the years of archived threads.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dalekgirl95 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:49 pm

to the one with the chi is blossom theory i totally see it! it would explain why Mimi has such a connection with her and why chi cares for her so much. could be a deep maternal feeling. and also i like the chi-mimi stories i think they are really interesting.
Allons-y!
wibbly wobbly timey whimey stuff

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:51 pm

Welcome to our happy forums, read the rules and enjoy our fun corner of the internet! :D
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:08 pm

dalekgirl95 wrote:to the one with the chi is blossom theory i totally see it! it would explain why Mimi has such a connection with her and why chi cares for her so much. could be a deep maternal feeling.

That's the actually the prime theory going around, the one that everyone thinks is most likely. I think I was the one who came up with this idea, but it's been so long I don't remember. Oh, and welcome to the forums. :)

dalekgirl95 wrote:and also i like the chi-mimi stories i think they are really interesting.

I'm glad you're excited, because I and the majority of everyone here don't give a shit about any of this.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Now don't scare her off. c:

I remember Blood first posting about it in the predictions thread. The idea slowly evolved to many slight variants.

@dalek
Also, the abundance of Chi lately has many members on edge. Many of us dislike the restatement of Chi's attitude towards various topics.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:34 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Now don't scare her off. c:

I'll admit that was a bit to blunt. Sorry about that, I'm very tired right now. But that is the current situation on the board.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dalekgirl95 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:51 pm

It's fine and thanks to you both for the welcome's. Um im gonna be honest i read the rules and everything but i'm really REALLY not good with punctuation... so that may be a problem for me. And it's no problem i didn't take any offense its your feelings not mine i really like chi so that's how i feel :D
Allons-y!
wibbly wobbly timey whimey stuff

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:13 pm

I'm...eh, on this page. Really, the biggest problem I have is that if this flashback takes up a hefty amount of pages, it's going to really interrupt the flow of everything else. You set up a lot of really intriguing plot points, with the Underworld Council, the new attitude of Minnie, Chi's potential infiltration of Castle Grimm, and of course the Mimi/Junior relationship, whatever that may be. But the art is at least pretty good on this page, and I sorta like Mimi fangirling over Chi. She doesn't show a ton of what I would consider "positive" emotion a lot, so to see it is really nice.

Hopefully this flashback only takes up 4 or 5 pages of the chapter, but I have a feeling it's going to be more unfortunately. As long as it doesn't take up like 4 months I'll be fine.

Postby Exodis » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:36 pm

All post: tl;dr. Sorry!

Anywho, Chi can sing? Bitch better not be lip syncing...
Hail to the Savior

Postby Sigment » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:37 pm

On that note, I'm not sure if they'll make something up, or put up lyrics to an actual song. This is, of course, assuming that they actually show her sing. Something I don't care for and would call a waste of a page if they did it.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:50 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Wasn't it placed in a character sheet?
Ofc I'm not sure who made it, but people have brought up the thought often.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I remember Blood first posting about it in the predictions thread. The idea slowly evolved to many slight variants.

It was. Each character had a CS sheet done that was posted on the main page of the site - a sort of quick link button. The sheet had a image of the character and a brief description about them. Either a good paragraph, a sentence, or just the incomplete status.

Mimi's stated that she was the daughter of Him and used a high version of telepathy that not only conveyed the words she was saying, but also a understanding of emotions so it was impossible to misunderstand what she was meaning. Nergal Jr's, for example, stated that he was the former Captain of Mandy's Guard.

The Mad Doctor wrote:Show me this sheet then.

For thus, we cannot. For when the site went though a update after I joined and we got the News Section, we also lost these character sheets.

They did exist though, I can promise you that as there are members here older than myself who discussed the comics and would surely remember them as well. How much of them are still being used, I cannot say either.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:13 am

Blood Lord wrote:For thus, we cannot. For when the site went though a update after I joined and we got the News Section, we also lost these character sheets.

They did exist though, I can promise you that as there are members here older than myself who discussed the comics and would surely remember them as well. How much of them are still being used, I cannot say either.

Hey Blord, just a thought. Do you think it's possible to retrieve these character by using Internet Archive.org?

Sigment wrote:On that note, I'm not sure if they'll make something up, or put up lyrics to an actual song. This is, of course, assuming that they actually show her sing. Something I don't care for and would call a waste of a page if they did it.

The most I could see them doing is either linking a YouTube video, or just adding lyrics in the comic and enclosing them with little music notes. Chi also being able to sing doesn't help with my "she's prefect and therefore uninteresting as a character" perspective of her.

dalekgirl95 wrote:Um im gonna be honest i read the rules and everything but i'm really REALLY not good with punctuation... so that may be a problem for me. And it's no problem i didn't take any offense its your feelings not mine i really like chi so that's how i feel

Don't worry. You don't have to be perfect with your punctuation. Also I'm glad we can come to an understanding about Chi. :)
But just a heads up, a lot of people here either don't like Chi, or completely despise her.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!