New Grim Tales Comic: "a little tight?"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby The Creator » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:46 pm

Yes, I am so glad someone brought up the issue of if the servants in the underworld can be trusted, so I can point out that considering this is hell were everyone is trying to stab the other in the back The rulers each have ways of controlling Their minions.

Skeleton guard are built too stupid to anything except guard which is why Charles has to cook. Lord Pain has proven to be loyal and I would be surprised if there was some enchantment on him to make him serve whoever his master is. The only way this could be broken is if Charles thinks whatever he is doing is for the best of his master or if he had a master from before, the first obligation would cancel out the second.

I don't know about walker but the original ghost king used the fear tactic. so much so that when he returned all the ghosts ran like children to the human world.

Hunson also uses the fear tactic but his minions are all naturally insane so out of all of the rulers his could rebel the easiest, just like what happened in adventure time.

him...him uses a mixture he has very little subordinates so as not to worry of rebellion and uses the fear tactic to keep them in check.

Aku doesn't have to worry he has god level powers and practically created all those who serve him out of his essence, making them physically incapable to not obey. Especially since all, they wan to do is appease him.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby CrimsonCreed » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:14 am

true most of the rulers use fear tactics to keep minions in check however with Him i would think his is more of a bargain of Charles loyalty and is used only as a temporary means to an end.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Havoc » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:11 am

I can't think of anyone in Grimskull that would betray the Grim family. As to how Him made/got a map, the only explanation I keep coming back to is that he himself must have been in Grimskull at one point. There is a theory that Him and Mandy were allies at one point.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:19 am

ari-6 wrote:She is a starwars fan so maybe even trying to disguise herself as a guard to gain entrance. She would look totally obvious but for comedic effect no one would notice. Someone would inevitably say "Aren't you a little short for a skull guard"

Then we get a Phineas and Ferb moment..."Yes...Yes I am."
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby wonder3 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:54 am

well haven't logged in in a while, but this topic of spy has me curious.
One possibility that no one has seemed to bring up is that one of Mandy's many suitors could be the spy. Think about it even Dark Danny was given free reign to walk and do what he pleased as long as Mandy got what she wanted.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:54 am

3 baby daddies.
Phantom was at the castle.
Nergal Jr, I doubt.
Junior's father though...an unknown. Interesting.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Emayai » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:04 am

Popping my comment cherry to jump in on the spy discussion...
Had a read back through GT:WHAM, Grim recognises the map Mimi was using and even mentions to Mandy that she has many enemies and bets there's more than a few under her nose.
There could always be someone within Castle Grim we haven't met yet, or of whom could be hiding there without knowledge of the known occupants that could be the spy. That said, the matter of Junior's father has always been of interest to me... still holding out for the answer on that one I guess.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:40 am

You know, Nergal Jr use to be the Captain of the Guard before Lord Pain.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Emayai » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:56 am

Just read the point where Aku mentions Him having a past relationship with Mandy that came to a terrible end... If anything, this could mean Him has had quite a bit of access to Grimskull at some point, whether to plant spies or snoop himself.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Yes, that has been noted as a possibility before.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby shadownerd221 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Well whatever Chi is planning, it's going to bring more trouble. By the way, Minnie's outfit looks quite amazing.

Postby The Creator » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Hmmm, nergal jr as the spy would be an interesting twist and finally make us see more of him.

now as for this business with him and mandy... Just a theory but the outcome might have been what got Jr. fired from his post and ruined whatever him and Mandy had before.
let me think about it

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:11 pm

I don't think so. Whatever Him and Mandy had, it sounded more like an alliance, not a friendship in which Him could know the castle, or disrupt a relationship between Mandy and Nergal Jr.
Semper Vigilans

Postby The Creator » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:02 pm

I didn't mean it that way I meant a business relationship which him tried to take advantage of. Maybe even tricked mandy into firing nergal jr
let me think about it

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:21 pm

Ahh, I see. That'd be a interesting trick to pull.
Semper Vigilans

Postby The Creator » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Just imagine. It's classic one guy make a mess and when mom comes calling you point your finger at whoever you want to blame.
let me think about it

Postby Havoc » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:28 am

I like this idea that there might be a traitor in Grimskull. As for Nergal Jr being a possible Benedict Arnold, the ideas posted above are great and sound very interesting, but I had another possible motive for him. Maybe Him promised to restore Minnie to her former self if he worked for him. Just a thought.

St. Blood wrote:You know, Nergal Jr use to be the Captain of the Guard before Lord Pain.

When was this mentioned?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:43 am

It's another one of those character sheet blobs, like Mimi gaining her powers from the Seven Deadly Sins. I believe it is hinted somewhere in the comic, either in the flashback screens with Nergal Sr or when Nergal Jr shows up.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:08 pm

Hmmm this whole traitor thing sounds very interesting, but who would dear to betray the Grim Family? I mean who has the balls to betray Mandy!? No really, everybody knows her as the Bitch of the underworld so who, other than "Him", has the balls of steel to think of doing a stupid stunt?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Was there a purpose to that? :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Nope :grin:

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Mimi_Fan_Girl wrote:Hmmm this whole traitor thing sounds very interesting, but who would dear to betray the Grim Family? I mean who has the balls to betray Mandy!? No really, everybody knows her as the Bitch of the underworld so who, other than "Him", has the balls of steel to think of doing a stupid stunt?

Revenge. Mandy might be Queen Bitch, but she isn't the only ruthless one that in habits the Underworld. As for who, I don't really know. I don't know if Nergal Jr would go to such a length when it would put his own daughter in jeopardy. I think the map came from Nergal Jr, but didn't go directly to Him. I think a third party sold or gave it to Him after getting it from Nergal Jr.
Semper Vigilans

Postby The Creator » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:11 pm

perhaps boogie could return? I I honestly can't think of anyone else from the original show who hated her and grim more...well, except mindy.
let me think about it

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:12 pm

I believe Boogie was reaped/killed by the Reapinator.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:24 pm

I think he's talking about Boogie from Grim Adventures.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!