a little tight?

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: a little tight?

Postby tonightscake » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:27 pm

It was done by vaguean magic. What is that? Exactly.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:32 pm

No idea. I've never heard of it till you mentioned it. However, seeing as how it has similarities with vague, I would say its something that just happens and isn't explained very well.

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:33 pm

The one problem I have with Minnie taking the sword at this point is that she's a lot like Mandy. It's obvious that Minnie isn't as pure of heart as Jack would be, or even someone like Mimi may be in the future. The Her essence seemed extremely interested in her, and recently Minnie has been acting more and more like Mandy. If Mandy can't use the sword, I don't see why Minnie could, with Mandy slowly preening her to be her heir. Is there a point in the future where Minnie could get the sword/rapier? Maybe. Heck, they could maybe explain it turning into a rapier by saying the sword changes to suit its wielder. Because Jack and his father were samurai, the blade took the form of the katana they know. If Minnie were to take it, it could turn into a rapier. It's a bit bonkers, but it's not like it'd be the most ridiculous thing I'd ever see.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:36 pm

I still don't see how Minnie is much like Mandy. Everyone keeps bringing that up. Was it the one time Him used his powers on her?
The last time Minnie made a decision, she failed Mandy's expectations.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:37 pm

She failed because she allowed her feelings for Junior to cloud her judgment for a split second. On the other hand, she was going to be perfectly fine allowing Junior to risk his hide to save Mimi, even if it meant him potentially dying. Yes, she couldn't actively do it...yet at least. But it's obvious she was not happy about being unable to make that decision. If she takes Mandy's words to heart from "The Weight of Lineage", she's going to be more unsympathetic than before. She may not be much like Mandy now, but this wardrobe change could easily show a personality change coming as well.

Postby The Creator » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:55 pm

minnie is very pure. An angel came to rescue her when she died and she was in a section of the underworld. Her love for junior is pure. her anger comes from her mom but even jack went overboard sometimes.
If she really hesitated for a split second it would not have been because of her love for junior, he would have survived anyway, her indecision was because she was wondering if she was doing the right thing, killing Mimi.

Mandy pitied no one, she is without mercy and in her own word a cruel vindictive bitch, now I know minnie can get angry but do ANY of the words previous describe her at all?

the only way I can see her fully transforming into her mother is if she stopped caring about Jr completely. if even a little love is left she will eventually go back to normal.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby CrimsonCreed » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:28 am

Right now Minnie feels as though shes in a war for Jr's affection with Mimi when Jr's just trying to be the nice guy and help someone who's been beaten and battered both mentally and physically. Jr is completely clueless as to how affectionate someone is unless they bluntly show it.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Havoc » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:30 am

Fan_the_Flames wrote:The one problem I have with Minnie taking the sword at this point is that she's a lot like Mandy. It's obvious that Minnie isn't as pure of heart as Jack would be, or even someone like Mimi may be in the future. The Her essence seemed extremely interested in her, and recently Minnie has been acting more and more like Mandy. If Mandy can't use the sword, I don't see why Minnie could, with Mandy slowly preening her to be her heir.

Another theory (and I feel like this is the most likely) is that one of the heroes/heroes' offspring will end up with the sword. A character not yet introduced. I'm hoping for this outcome over all else. BR the writer of PpGD gave us this bit of info :down:

BeeAre wrote:It's interesting to think of what is happening in GT's non-underworld plane of reality. Who's still alive, for instance. Mandy's got an unwitting accomplice. :0)
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:15 am

Fan_the_Flames wrote:She failed because she allowed her feelings for Junior to cloud her judgment for a split second. On the other hand, she was going to be perfectly fine allowing Junior to risk his hide to save Mimi, even if it meant him potentially dying. Yes, she couldn't actively do it...yet at least. But it's obvious she was not happy about being unable to make that decision. If she takes Mandy's words to heart from "The Weight of Lineage", she's going to be more unsympathetic than before. She may not be much like Mandy now, but this wardrobe change could easily show a personality change coming as well.

Split second? Fairly certain it takes a few seconds to fire an arrow, or for Mandy to pull out her weapon.
It's also a bit obvious that Junior wouldn't die from such a fall.
I also enjoy your use of the word 'if'.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:35 am

while I do want to see mimi and chi get together again, im honestly more interested in seeing minnie and chi interact with each other.

with the recent events that chi experienced as well as how minnie is currently feeling, I feel like these 2 meeting each other is gonna cause some of their confusion/insecurities is gonna be drawn out of them.

like either a heated conflict, verbal or physical, that causes them to really look at their situation and make decision on how to deal with it.
or maybe even a nice and civil chat with each other, which I can see happening provided neither of them have made a move on the other parties interest i.e. junior or mimi isnt bothered.

because currently I see the two of them holding it inside and suppressing the feeling. both of them have only just released a fraction of their frustration(minnie cutting apart some vault items, chi destroying her bedroom). they're also thinking some of heavy stuff apart from their love interest, chi with her identity and minnie with what her role will be in the war.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:52 am

I think a few people have been looking forward to Chi and Minnie meeting.
I personally would prefer a rivalry. Based off if how they wish to protect and harm Junior and Mimi respectively.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:04 pm

I see a rivalry happening later, just not on immediate interaction. The common goal is still going to be to remove Mimi from Jr.

BUT I wonder if Minnie, in that situation, is going to put her brother's happiness before her own.

Postby The Creator » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:54 pm

Hmmm or should Jr put her happiness before his? What else are older brothers for after all.
let me think about it

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Yes, Jr has such a excellent reputation of being a good, kind, nice big brother to her. It's not like his actions have broken her heart, made her feel like dirt, ripped into pieces by a giant pumpkin robot, stole her powers, caused conflicting feelings which blocked her from going to heaven, and encased her into a dead body.

Sure, he might have changed, but not enough of a 180 to place a defenseless girl into harm's way so his sister can continue to pursue a one-sided dream.

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:38 pm

I really don't know if I would say Junior stole her powers. Yes, he is the reason that the Pumpkinator was able to kill her, but she was the one who decided to give up her right eye. I understand the idea that it's what Nergles do to keep their memories from ever being forgotten, but it was still her choice.

And Him implies that Minnie had the feelings for Junior before the kiss that caused "conflicting feelings" as you put it. That's why he was able to bring them out. Him has been many things, but he's never been that much of a liar. Even Nergle and the Redeemer that Minnie had those feelings for him. And given the fact Junior essentially hated her, I doubt he purposefully made her love him.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Fan_the_Flames wrote: Him implies that Minnie had the feelings for Junior before the kiss that caused "conflicting feelings" as you put it

It's actually a common thing for everyone to have deep suppressed urges like the ones that Minnie has for her brother. Incestual relationships are nothing new to society. They've existed for a log time. Psychological reports, data, and findings on it though show that it is a deep link that ties into the animalistic side of humans - the need to reproduce.

So despite having these feelings, they were suppressed until that moment came up when they were then brought out into the open for everyone now to deal with. Of which will pass into a phase as Jr continues to grow and Minnie will not. Note also upon reviewing the page for yourself, Him did not cause those feelings to be made manifest or revealed. Mimi did.

Fan_the_Flames wrote:I really don't know if I would say Junior stole her powers.

To be perfectly honest, its a venacular of which I don't really care to correct. You read this and understand what I am getting at.

Postby The Creator » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:33 am

http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=64
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=109

if I recall correctly the two times Jr. kissed minnie were once before she went with the angel and once when she was under Him's control. the first time was a goodbye kiss that was initiated by Minnie and the second time was to break Minnie out of her rage, he didn't enjoy it at all. Jr can be blamed for all those other things but it is minnie herself that keeps her out of heaven.

Why does minnie like Jr again, can someone explain that in detail?
let me think about it

Postby Sigment » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:43 am

It's that "crush on your sibling" thing, I think. It doesn't often come with an explanation. Part of it may have to do with how much he dislike the attention she got growing up. It caused him to show a lack of consideration for her, which may have done something to how she feels about him.

Honestly, I don't know, and with the way this story's been lookin' lately, I don't care.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:12 am

The Creator wrote:Why does minnie like Jr again, can someone explain that in detail?

I don't think there's really been an explanation. Like what Blord said, incest is just kinda there. However I had a theory a while back that this could be a result of her being part Nergal. The Nergals have always had a strange obsession with companionship, and this might have contributed to Minnie's feelings for her own brother.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Misery Chord » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:39 am

First, since I've been so dead wrong in terms of predictions, I shouldn't even post, but I feel like chiming in anyway.

I noticed earlier in the thread, a lot of people were speculating the meeting would happen at the Castle of Grim. The meeting is not there, but elsewhere.. Junior, Minnie, and Mimi are at Grimskull without any "parental" supervision, so this would be the perfect time (from a storytelling standpoint) for Chi to go there.

Also, Mimi's more than sisterly affection for Junior was hinted at even before Him got actively involved, even if Junior didn't quite understand it at the time. Mimi may have amplified the feelings when Minnie was under her thrall, but she didn't cause them.

As for the why, it's implied Junior was the only person who was not impressed with her attempts to be a dutiful daughter, and that her failure to satisfy him manifested itself into a goal to win his approval in the form of a crush. There's also the theory that she is aware that Junior is her Grim's favorite and her feelings for her brother arise from envy at his position -- especially since he did not have to "work" for it the way she did.
Last edited by Misery Chord on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Sigment » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:42 am

So you're saying your opinion is that the meeting is happening right now, and the rulers are all out of their individual realms?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Misery Chord » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:52 am

It might not be happening right now, but I'm pretty sure that Grim and Mandy, if they have not already left (which seems to be the case) are imminently leaving. They won't be present at the castle for the weekend, and given the note, it's likely they already departed.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:50 am

Misery Chord wrote:First, since I've been so dead wrong in terms of predictions, I shouldn't even post, but I feel like chiming in anyway.

Nah, you did a pretty good job with it all.

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!