Relief And Duty

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Relief And Duty

Postby Havoc » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:15 pm

PPGD will NOT become GT at any point. The future of PpGD will be much different. Mimi will not exist. BeeAre is the writer (but not GT) of this comic, and one of the administrators of this website. The reason for Naga, Grim, and DeeDee being there is not yet clear. One theory this that it involves Samantha.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Numa430 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Havoc pretty much hit the nail right on the bullet.
Mimi is consider a character from an alternate timeline not the original.
When the future for the original timeline happens after PPGD is over, she won't exist.
Meaning Minnie, Grim Jr. nor Chi won't exist as well in this one.
Under the bed

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:00 pm

well... Minnie could possibly still exist in the PPGD story's future (which is something we are definitely not going to see!) as a normal human. And no this is not to say that GT and PPGD are related!

also i have a suggestion for a new rule: Anyone who brings up that PPGD and GT are related will be strictly punished. I am sick and tired of having to see the same conversation talked about over and over again every page.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Havoc » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Listen CrimsonCreed. I'm just as tired of this shit as you are, but for a lot of newcomers, it's not really their fault. What really pisses me off is when someone shows up, brings up the the notion that the two comics connect, and disappears before anyone can tell them otherwise.

However, persisting on the idea despite being told otherwise, could be counted as trolling (at least I think. I'm not 100% sure on that).

As for the thought about Minnie. It's really hard to say at this point how much PpGD future will differ from GT, aside from the fact that it won't end in ruin. I do wonder what will become of Mandy in PpGD. Maybe she'll get killed or something.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if PPGD's line just has Grim being Mandy's bitch bff.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Darkitect » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:27 am

Then maybe someone should make a page that specifically states that PPGD and GT are not related (yes I figured it out by now) and that they are in alternate timelines, like on a page close to the General Rules page so that all new people can see it. But the one problem is that we know that the bomb DOES go off, and we don't know how (yet). Furthermore, we have figured out that the bomb is a time bomb, but we don't know when or where that bomb will send them. Even worse, I am pretty sure Dr. X doesn't even know what the bomb does :|. Well, that just about sums everything up (besides what will happen with the sword and junk).

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:31 am

Bee Are is working out a backstory for jack for that purpose.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:35 am

Figure out my ass. We told you lol

Anyways, BR mentioned that Samurai Jack's arc will show us how PPGD and GT aren't connected. So all we can do us wait for the day.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby blankmaster99 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:51 pm

I,m pretty sad that we didn't see Jack do much when the art center was invaded. Jack destroyed huge armies of robots everyday in the future, I don't know why he didn't step up that time

Postby Sigmas » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:59 pm

Jack didn't have an entire building of civilians to protect in the future. At least... not every time.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby blankmaster99 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:06 pm

true, I guess I overlooked that. By the way, why does it seem that through all this no one even tried to help Jenny?

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Welcome, read the rules and enjoy your stay! If it smells around here don't question it! You won't like the answer :D

I think everyone was preoccupied, since they were all caught off guard. Plus Jenny was the epicenter of the enemy army; going towards her would be going head long into enemy reinforcements.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby blankmaster99 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:47 pm

thanks! And, about Jenny, I would have thought that taking out the portal would have been their main priority so that the enemy wouldn't be able to call reinforcements.It's not as if it would be that hard, Bubbles was on stage with her so she could have just snapped off one of her metal-hair things(the rowdy ruffs have ripped off her arm before so it's not like she's indestructible) and destroyed the portal or she could have just taken out the controller that Gir put on her(they were on stage so just about everyone saw him put it there)

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:19 pm

That leaves the enemies to defend. Either way they would be going towards where the enemies are strongest. It seems simple.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Not to mention, the safety of the civilians came first. If the heroes made a charge for Jenny, it would have left the civvies under-defended. They would have gotten slaughtered.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:50 am

I've often wondered of Jenny might died at the end of this. If she does survive, I think she might go into a state of depression over. I mean, so far all she's done in this comic is get her ass handed to her by the RRB, and become Black Eden's personal Star Gate bitch. I would think she might start to feel pretty fucking useless by now.

About Jack. Do you think he knows about the GT timeline; what might have happened, and he's just been keeping it a secret this entire time?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:21 am

Jenny probably feels raped.
She was conscious of what was happening the entire time right?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:59 am

I think Jenny was at least partly conscious. She did resist for a brief period. But so far, she's been pretty fucking useless in this comic. I don't really have a problem with this since I was never a fan of My Life as a Teenage Robot.

I would like it if a character that was in GT, was killed in PpGD. It would help dismiss the notion that these two comics relate (sorta).

I had a thought today. What if Bell threw Jack's sword? Would it still count if she wasn't holding it?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:18 pm

I like Jenny :p

I don't think that would help at all, seeing as GT takes place in the Underworld.

I believe so. Jack's thrown his sword on occasion.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:50 pm

I'm not a fan of Jenny. Her presents in this comic hasn't really changed my perspective on her either. I don't hate her, I'm just not very invested in her character.

I don't know what the underworld has to do with this. What I'm saying is if a character that appeared in GT was killed in PpGD, then it might help illustrate the fact that the two comics don't relate (emphasis on "might").

When did Jack throw his sword in the cartoon? The reason I bring this up is because if Bell threw the sword, then she wouldn't be holding it. It technically wouldn't be "in the hands of evil" then.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:06 pm

I'm not arguing Jenny's purpose. She just seemed to be here for the purpose of the Cluster's invasion.

If one dies in PPGD, where do they go?
One could easily assume that they were revived somehow, or is living in GT through other means.

Jack threw his sword in the first episode >.>
I do see your point, I think it still counts as a strike by the thrower though.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby NOA » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:34 pm

I wonder if in sam's final moments we will see a flashback to Metabots ? I was also wondering how she got there ?since Metabots is set in The 22nd century
now the world dont move to the beat of just on drum

Postby Havoc » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:54 pm

BeeAre has said that Samantha will have a backstory before she dies. I too would like to know how she to where she is now. I especially want to know why she's thinks flesh is such a weakness. Also I had no idea that she was from the future, that's really interesting. Between her and Jack, I have to wonder if there's some kinda of connection.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Their universe is different from our own. There's a possibility that they're not in their 21st century.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:15 pm

I'd assume do to the comic's longevity, the writers try to avoid things such as dates and years. But I would think the comic takes place at least sometime in the 21st century, as a sorta generalization. But I think we should ask BR about it.

Also Jack got here from the future, so it wouldn't be too far fetched to assume Sam came from a different time as well.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!