Let it all out

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Let it all out

Postby Havoc » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:11 am

In general, the spoiled rich over privileged characters rub me the wrong way. Chi's had plenty of time to grow on me, but that could change (not that I'm expecting it to). It's well know by now that I hate Chi as it sets, so I'm just gonna spare you guys from another one of my rants.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:47 am

What if at the end of this chapter Chi were to save Mimi by throwing herself in front of an attack that was aimed at Mimi, and the attack happened to come from Jack's sword. Would an unexpected and genuinely heroic act like that redeem her in anyone's eyes? Well, that's my prediction anyway.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby silvercover » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:12 am

dont worry ari, your not the only one who has high hopes for chi!

also regarding the self sacrifice, id say nope. it wont redeem her in the people's eyes, they will just look at it as her doing something idiotic rather than heroic.

people dislike chi for her personality(the typical rich brat), and she hasnt really done anything bad so her "redeeming" herself doesnt make sense. unless she's hurt mimi, which is clearly unlikely considering the recent events.

for people to like chi, or start accepting her, she'll need to show more aspects of her character other than being a spoiled kid(imagine junior before learning about minnie).

oh and the fact that chi's a lesbian. even if its not the main reason for most people, its a character trait that influences people's choice a lot more than they realize, whether your shipping any pairing or not.
honestly if it was rewritten to the point where chi liked mimi as a friend and the reason instead wanted to adopt mimi to get her far away from him as well as to treat her better, she'd gain a lot more fans even if she's still a "spoiled brat".

cause truthfully, what has chi even done to piss off people?
threaten Him? the guy deserves it and it would have done us well if she actually got him. and before we go with the whole "she was overconfident and stupid", id like to remind you junior did the same for minnie, why oh why is chi doing it for mimi wrong?
berate jeff? she's right there, mimi only made action to protect jeff and not help junior. mimi herself didnt really have anything to do with junior meaning she wasnt supposed to be punished.
killed people? no she hasnt of course, but im just throwing this since its one of those reasons used to dislike a character.
abuse demo? ok well you got me there. but id just like to remind you that it was for comedic purposes and most if not all of her acts on him were due to her being angry of something else, she didnt really have any dislike for demo himself.

so what other things chi has done that could make people dislike her?
oh I dunno... maybe liking mimi? cause nearly all of the things chi has done so far, was directed for mimi.

we can also go and compare chi to junior, who's arguably worse during his start. what was he? some guy jealous of his sister, also a scaredy cat(got spooked easily), was ungrateful when saved, was actually more self entitled than chi has been(thinking that he can just easily please and gain an audience with his flute(?) without really seeing if he was good with it, or if he had other good qualities). oh and he also got his sister killed, before he really started to feel sorry and bad.
meanwhile chi has only whined of not being able to see mimi, has only tried to show off towards mimi(where if she was as self centered, she'd have shown off even just a bit for other audiences), threatened the bad guy, berate the person who got mimi in trouble.

we can also go and compare to what junior has done recently to chi's actions:
standing up against his mother vs. chi standing up against him, why he got praise while she got dissed? isnt it a lot more insulting for junior since its his mother?

cant people give chi as much leeway and faith as junior was/is given?

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:26 am

Silvercover, why do you insist on never capitalizing anything you type?

Besides that, I can't speak for others, but I dislike Junior alongside Chi. You're just assuming people like Junior more than Chi.
One of the reasons Chi is disliked, is the fact she can do idiotic things and get away with it. Why? Her background, Aku is in charge of her, and so he dealt with her how he saw fit. Junior...has to deal with Mandy, who beat his ass.
Chi's over over the top reaction to things is also her choice. Junior had to do things because he felt obligated. Chi's actions and reactions so far, are over the top, without real explanation.
She pulled a gun out against someone who is seen to be on level with her father's position, for no reason, it was completely unnecessary. Standing up to directly protect someone, Junior was a bit limited on his options against Mandy.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:40 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Silvercover, why do you insist on never capitalizing anything you type?

Besides that, I can't speak for others, but I dislike Junior alongside Chi. You're just assuming people like Junior more than Chi.
One of the reasons Chi is disliked, is the fact she can do idiotic things and get away with it. Why? Her background, Aku is in charge of her, and so he dealt with her how he saw fit. Junior...has to deal with Mandy, who beat his ass.
Chi's over over the top reaction to things is also her choice. Junior had to do things because he felt obligated. Chi's actions and reactions so far, are over the top, without real explanation.
She pulled a gun out against someone who is seen to be on level with her father's position, for no reason, it was completely unnecessary. Standing up to directly protect someone, Junior was a bit limited on his options against Mandy.

old habits die hard I guess, I only capitalize when im making a formal letter/esay for class and certain occasions. I guess thats 1 of the reasons blood is annoyed with my posts...

we already talked about this and I knew you disliked junior. well I dont really dislike junior myself but his earlier actions still have weight for me so he's not a liked character for me.

anyway overblown actions? I already addressed this, she really likes mimi...

hmm.
you know your post helped bring up another point that I didnt notice til now.

doesnt it seem like you guys and some others are underestimating how much chi loves mimi? some of the posts ive seen before and recently seem to imply that chi doesnt love mimi that much, which stems from people saying that she wont go through with a lot of stuff(like going against aku, sending someone to save her rather than going herself, etc.).

so il just reiterate: she really loves mimi, or cares a hell of a lot for her.
whether its genuine(which im voting for) or inherent(being part of blossom), I think people shoudlnt doubt her devotion for mimi at least.

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:55 am

No one doubts it.
Addressing a problem doesn't solve it.
It's similar to Romeo and Juliet. Some say their actions are powered with love, others say they were young and stupid.
Putting an explanation, one we all know btw, doesn't always excuse the action.
You like Chi's nature, others don't.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:59 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:No one doubts it.
Addressing a problem doesn't solve it.
It's similar to Romeo and Juliet. Some say their actions are powered with love, others say they were young and stupid.
Putting an explanation, one we all know btw, doesn't always excuse the action.
You like Chi's nature, others don't.

hmm I guess so.
if its that then there's not much I can convince you now. I can only hope that in chi's growth she tones it down.

Postby The Creator » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:02 am

I'm kinda hoping for a moment where Chi asks Demongo "why don't people like me?" Or am I a bad person? Something similar happened to princess Morbucks, with terrible results and no character evolution. I hope it will be different with Chi.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:10 am

Hm, I love those types of scenes.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:55 pm

As do I, as long as character development comes from it of course.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:14 pm

I like it because it reveals more about the character, even if they don't develop much from it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:30 pm

We will probably get the development in the next page after she is completely calmed down. (like close to sleeping calm) if not that, then i hope we're back in Grim Skull with someone anyone. Mandy has a giant war mech, Minnie still has family issues to deal with, Mimi is eating a muffin, Jr & Negral are trying to keep Mimi feed/alive, and Grim is somewhere complaining about something. Main point is we left the Grim Family with a lot of things to do. Not that i don't mind Chi undergoing development. I am starting to enjoy(not like) Chi, but i still don't want her to interfere with Jr x Mimi pairing. (Nothing personal)
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:01 pm

I have a nagging feeling that we'll see a ghost soon.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:01 pm

Or at least leave Chi for a bit.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:42 am

I am fine with that. So where would you guys want to be for the next post. Council, castle Grim Skull, Ghost Zone, or wherever.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:11 am

My vote will always be for Box Lunch.
Or the Ghost Zone.

I think the more likely choice is Grim Skull though.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 am

im kinda hoping the next page will be when everyone is showing up for the council meeting, seems like forever since they brought it up and im kinda dying to see who's in this council.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby The Creator » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:08 pm

Do the members of the council keep in touch, does news spread fast in the Underworld? if not then a coup d'état could have happened. perhaps walker is dead and now Dark Danny rules, or someone else has killed walker(ghost king, original Danny, Pandora etc).

I say walker because he is the only one know one has seen at all and if all this take place in the great mushroom war, then Hudson is probably still in power.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:38 pm

We don't know how much of Adventure Time is leaking into this, I would caution against it and just say that Hudson has been brought into the show and that's it.

As for the Ghost Zone thing, I doubt that Walker is dead. It wouldn't make any sense to have him introduced as the Warden of the Ghost Zone only to have him show up dead. Plus, Dark Danny isn't in that great of shape, he basically said that he's off to go train and build his rep back up.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Which is why I think a fight between a powered up Walker and weakened Phantom would be worth it. At least the mention anyways. Walker wasn't a part of Ultimate Enemy, so his power up could even surpass Phantom in his current state.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Blood Lord wrote:We don't know how much of Adventure Time is leaking into this, I would caution against it and just say that Hudson has been brought into the show and that's it.

I agree with this. There are tons of realms/worlds in AT that are like the Underworld... And unfortunately, we don't have a time frame for them at all.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:46 pm

I know AB isn't canon with GT but i thought i saw something about Evil Dexter (don't remember his name) being canon with GT am i right to believe this?

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:49 pm

His name was Drax. Also, no. The only times Dexter were seen was through a flashback and a picture. No mention of what happened to him after Megaville has come up. I believe he's assumed deceased atm.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:41 pm

>.< alright then, i thought i was onto something there for a moment. Once again I am saved from my own stupidity :P

Postby Krest » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:44 pm

Drax is non-canon GT.

Drax never existed and most likely never will exist in AB.

Thus, Drax isn't even an official character.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!