Lost In Fixation

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby The Creator » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:14 am

Ahhh its good to be back.

Do the Powerpuff girls have a no kill code like Batman? I don't really remember them killing anyone in the show (except for a few monsters but I don't think they count) but if Buttercup kills Samantha will Blossom be mad, or just not care?

I am really curious to what the inside of Samantha's head looks like….

EDIT: Caesar's Ghost! Looking back at the previous pages, I think the person that makes the mistake, the one that needs Grim's help is Buttercup. Interesting...
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Jamaica
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:24 am

Also did Naga merge together with Blossom? Because I took a look at the page again and the text balloon that comes from Blossom's neck is in the style of Naga's text balloon.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby mimimandy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Well that was...
A painfully obvious outcome.
I mean, whether you knew how the sword worked or not you saw it coming, and if Blossom died, she would probably come back to life later on, would she not? Because no Blossom = no Powerpuff Girls. So...Duh. :P
The way Sam tried to kill Blossom really reminds me of Grim Tales, when Mandy tried to commit suicide with a kitchen knife (I know they aren't the same universe and I'd rather not die today--don't freak out). I suspect that in both scenarios Grim is working his magic.
But that's just me.
Too Cool For the Bullshit
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 9:55 am
Location: LOL no.
Gender: Female

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby silvercover » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:53 pm

mimimandy wrote:Well that was...
A painfully obvious outcome.
I mean, whether you knew how the sword worked or not you saw it coming, and if Blossom died, she would probably come back to life later on, would she not? Because no Blossom = no Powerpuff Girls. So...Duh. :P
The way Sam tried to kill Blossom really reminds me of Grim Tales, when Mandy tried to commit suicide with a kitchen knife (I know they aren't the same universe and I'd rather not die today--don't freak out). I suspect that in both scenarios Grim is working his magic.
But that's just me.

I think it also has to do with the coloring, sam when she sliced blossom looked a bit like mimi with all that red.
offline
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:38 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby Shadow Rider » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:25 am

HAH! Knew it wasn't gonna cut! XD
Capture the soul of night,
Instill into mortal might.
Extinguish the fire,
Rise, the Shadow Rider!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:06 am
Location: An etheral plane between realms and universes
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby Havoc » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:42 am

mimimandy wrote:The way Sam tried to kill Blossom really reminds me of Grim Tales, when Mandy tried to commit suicide with a kitchen knife (I know they aren't the same universe and I'd rather not die today--don't freak out). I suspect that in both scenarios Grim is working his magic.
But that's just me.

The reason Blossom was spared, is because Jack's sword can't be used by evil to bring harm to the innocent.

Darkingdomhearts wrote:Also did Naga merge together with Blossom? Because I took a look at the page again and the text balloon that comes from Blossom's neck is in the style of Naga's text balloon.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

The Creator wrote:Do the Powerpuff girls have a no kill code like Batman? I don't really remember them killing anyone in the show (except for a few monsters but I don't think they count) but if Buttercup kills Samantha will Blossom be mad, or just not care?

There's been a debate about this since god knows how long (based on rather or not Sam counts as a living being). The girls more than likely have a no kill policy. But I'm hoping that will change, and Buttercup will end Sam, creating a dramatic turn-of-events for her. As for Blossom's take on this metaphorical scenario, I don't know. Probably shocked and greatly up set.

The Creator wrote:Caesar's Ghost! Looking back at the previous pages, I think the person that makes the mistake, the one that needs Grim's help is Buttercup. Interesting...

What makes you say that?

The Creator wrote:I am really curious to what the inside of Samantha's head looks like….

I just want to know if she's still organic in parts. I think she still is.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:58 am

The only way i see the sword killing Buttercup is if she says something about Gir that makes Bell go at her with the sword in hand. Otherwise Sam might die because she threatened to kill Gir to activate the bomb when Bell didn't want to. I could be wrong on this but doesn't the sword work based on the moral implication's of it wielder?
Image
Nothing is true Everything is permmited
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 am
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby Havoc » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:07 am

Ha. I actually was just about to say something like that. Today I came up with a theory that after Buttercup finishes Sam, Gir will try to intervene, so Buttercup (still on a blind Blood frenzy) will try to kill Gir next. So Bell will use Jack's sword against her, and be successful because she's using it to protect someone she cares about.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:12 am

I don't see Gir doing anything because Bell told him not to intervene, I feel as though Bell might be talking about Sam as well as Buttercup when she say's she's not done with either of them. I sense a impalement attempt from Bell next page which actually succeeds and kills Sam and mortality wounds Buttercup.
Image
Nothing is true Everything is permmited
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 am
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:58 am

Havoc wrote:
Darkingdomhearts wrote:Also did Naga merge together with Blossom? Because I took a look at the page again and the text balloon that comes from Blossom's neck is in the style of Naga's text balloon.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Let me say it this way:
Image
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby The Creator » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Perhaps she has just had an otherworldly experience (again) and saw the three figures, then got some important information as to what will happen, maybe Buttercup is the one who will make the mistake and she now has to warn her.


EDIT: also in the scene you circled Grim is speaking not Naga.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Jamaica
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby Sig Skellington » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:28 pm

The text is in italics in Blossom's case. Also I think that text is used to implied just how scared and surprised she was, not that someone is talking through her. Consider her words, and remember what happened the last time she died.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby Havoc » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:55 pm

:up: What he said. Blossom's not being possessed, she's just in shock.

CrimsonCreed wrote:I don't see Gir doing anything because Bell told him not to intervene

Just because Bell told him not to directly interfere, doesn't mean he won't act on his own. If someone attacks Bell (lets say Buttercup), then he might step in and help, since that's his prime objective and all.

CrimsonCreed wrote:I feel as though Bell might be talking about Sam as well as Buttercup when she say's she's not done with either of them.

I doubt it. Bell is more than likely still fixated on Buttercup and Blossom, she hardly has any incentive to attack Sam, other than she told her to use Gir to reconnect the power supply.

The Creator wrote:Perhaps she has just had an otherworldly experience (again) and saw the three figures, then got some important information as to what will happen, maybe Buttercup is the one who will make the mistake and she now has to warn her.

If you at her dialog, she said she "Did not see death", and also "No Reaper".
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:28 am

Hey guys. I think someone else is talking through her, like possession or something. She saw Grim, died and came back to life.

also that the bomb isn't going to blow up, if it did it would make GT.

oh and gir wants a taco.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18979
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby Sig Skellington » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:47 am

Oh Blordy. What are we gonna do with ya?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby Creppy Eggy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:35 am

Blood Lord wrote:Hey guys. I think someone else is talking through her, like possession or something. She saw Grim, died and came back to life.

also that the bomb isn't going to blow up, if it did it would make GT.

oh and gir wants a taco.

Image
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.


Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: City of Angels
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby UZF34 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:43 am

In the words of Mr. Popo: "Caaaaalled iiiiiiiiit!" :)

Darkingdomhearts wrote:
Havoc wrote:
Darkingdomhearts wrote:Also did Naga merge together with Blossom? Because I took a look at the page again and the text balloon that comes from Blossom's neck is in the style of Naga's text balloon.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Let me say it this way:
Image

That's Grim's speech that you circled.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please read the rules. Double posting is not allowed and a edit button is provided to your posts to allow correction and insertion of more content if needed. Please send a PM if you have anymore questions concerning this or other subjects about the site.
offline
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:15 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby Sig Skellington » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:55 am

Welcome to the forums, UZF. Be sure to look through the rules and enjoy you're stay. Just a quick note: please don't double post. There is an edit button at the top-right corner of your posts.

Secondly, we've already noted that that was Grim's dialogue.

Not sure if Blossom will be able to get Buttercup's attention before she beats Sam into scrap. At the same time, I'm not sure if I'd mind if she didn't.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:18 am

UZF34 wrote:In the words of Mr. Popo: "Caaaaalled iiiiiiiiit!" :)

I will rip open the door to your welcome.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5459
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby ari-6 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:29 pm

You make welcoming sound so violent. But welcome UZF34.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3011
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Lost In Fixation

Postby Xi-1 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Blossom is shocked. Sam is shocked. Buttercup is bloodlusted. I guess she turns out to be a Berserker, especially when Blossom can't reign her in. If Buttercup manages to kill Sam before Blossom can break free of her shock and stop Buttercup, that would have serious implications on their relationship in the future. Like, say, Buttercup pulling a Raphael and going rogue for the rest of her heroing career.

Gir isn't nearly so random and likeable in his Serious Mode. I wish Bell would take her headband back so we can have some cheese, please. Then again, the last few pages have been pretty serious in content, what with all the death threats. Please cut the tension. We need someone appropriately random. Do I see Pinkie Pie or Discord volunteering? Or perhaps even the return of Freddy Fredburger?

Blossom distinctly says she didn't see the Reaper. This is important because, having died before, she knows what such an experience is like. And considering she would be unlikely to be able to return a a body that has a separated head (unless she could be revived as a Dullihan or as a Zombie), I don't think she's getting a third chance after a second death. Sort of like how she doesn't get any such chances in GT, if you don't mind me saying. But the significance is, shocked or not she knows she's not dead. Too bad Jack-sensei didn't bother telling any of the other heroes about his sword before now.
A Page Flipper
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 pm
Gender: Male

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests