New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic: "Triumphs From Fear"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:09 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Gentlemen, please. Try being my age and seeing it. There has been an idea that the two were linked ever since these pages:
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=23
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=27

Not saying I'm that old, but I have heard the idea for a while.

In anycase, lets stop jumping on the poor man and continue on.

I still think the eyes in the third panel look weird, despite why they are being used.

Well sorry for bringing up "old wounds" people but seriously have you ever stopped to think maybe that just because the comics aren't connected that somethings could still happen? For instance Buttercup loses an eye, BUT things don't turn out like they did in GT and she end's up being superhero till whenever and leads a fruitful life. Infinite possibilities = Infinite number of realities or universes
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Guardian » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:15 pm

At this stage of her life, I do not see her loosing an eye. It would reinforce the idea that the two comics are connected as one being past and the other present, which is something BR is very, very, very against.

I do not dismiss the idea that similar things could happen in each one, but that would depend on how far the split caused things to change.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:59 am

For all we know, GT Buttercup could have lost he eye before she even moved to Megaville.
When it comes to differences and similarities, the possibilities are almost endless, since we know so little at this point. I kinda wonder if the time bomb never went off/existed in the GT timeline. It makes a lot of sense. The Time Squad is more than likely involved with saving the future; the Time Squad owes it's existence to this time bomb, but the Time Squad never existed in the GT world.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:48 am

well said Havoc, thank you for clearing up my point. Think of a linear timeline of events that have happened in PPGD, there are a number of things that could have happened differently than we have seen but didn't. For example: Mandark could have been saved by Dexter, or Buttercup while recusing Blossom. Or Blossom actually died and never came back. Or somewhere way back before all this even started the Time Squad was put to an end.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:54 am

We understand the concept. It's the possiblities open in THIS timeline that are being discussed.

Having something that would support the idea of PPGD and GT being connected, before having something that disproves the connection, is unlikely imo.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby tonightscake » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Understanding that they aren't connected, what if in GT the bomb did exist and the moment Otto disappeared he went back in time and the events that happen in GT are from the time line Otto goes to. The reason they wouldn't be there could be that they all sacrificed themselves. Who knows? Then again, something like this could have been stated, or it's all wrong already. Again, who knows?
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby The Creator » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:03 pm

The only way I can see for Buttercup losing her eye, is just if Bleedman only wants to make one version of them as adults. So far though, I can't think of how she'd lose it in PPGD, unless it was ripped or stabbed out. Because she doesn't have a scar in her adult version.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby BeeAre » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:05 am

CrimsonCreed wrote:Anyone willing to bet that even though GT and PPGD are not related other than the characters, that Buttercup is going to lose an eye probably?

Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Havoc » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:36 am

Well. That's pretty definitive.

tonightscake wrote:Understanding that they aren't connected, what if in GT the bomb did exist and the moment Otto disappeared he went back in time and the events that happen in GT are from the time line Otto goes to. The reason they wouldn't be there could be that they all sacrificed themselves. Who knows? Then again, something like this could have been stated, or it's all wrong already. Again, who knows?

Run that by me again there buddy.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:38 am

Basically the GT storyline is where Otto traveled to, or so it sounds. Don't really agree with it, personally.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby tonightscake » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Basically, the theory is that the GT timeline is the timeline that Otto was spactime warped to (check out the page "Otto Time"). In this timeline, Otto and the other time squad members sacrifice themselves to stop the events that occur in PPGD. Since Dr. X's plans are foiled, he is forced to take other methods to complete his goal, which I'm guessing is world domination. One possibility is that Him then takes control of Dr. X's forces and then continues to destroy the surface world. The events in GT then unfold. All just random theory, but I think it could be interesting.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Guardian » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:16 am

tonightscake wrote:Basically, the theory is that the GT timeline is the timeline that Otto was spactime warped to (check out the page "Otto Time").

Do you have anything that supports this, or is it just a hunch?

I'm agreeing with the other forum members on this, especially with knowing how vigorous BR's position is on the idea of GT and PpGD being the same universe - to the point of threatening banishment. That being said, I don't think BR is going to tie them together like how you are mentioning.

GT and PpGD do not exist on the same thread of time, but are separate entities. That doesn't seem to be clicking in your idea.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby tonightscake » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Do you have anything that supports this, or is it just a hunch?

Just a hunch, it mostly depends on where Otto and the other time squad peeps were teleported to when the bomb went off.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Sig Skellington » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Just remember, cake. Part of the reason BR's so adamant about the lack of connection between the two comics is because he's the one writing for PpGD. When he denies something like that, I'm inclined to believe him.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Guardian » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:55 pm

tonightscake wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Do you have anything that supports this, or is it just a hunch?

Just a hunch, it mostly depends on where Otto and the other time squad peeps were teleported to when the bomb went off.

M'kay. Just curious to see if there was something I missed from the comic.

Semper Vigilans

Postby tonightscake » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Just remember, cake. Part of the reason BR's so adamant about the lack of connection between the two comics is because he's the one writing for PpGD. When he denies something like that, I'm inclined to believe him.

Yeah, I know. Just rebellious speculation over any connection I guess.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Havoc » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:09 am

If I had to guess, I'd sat Otto probably went back to Time Squad HQ. I do believe that Otto, and perhaps the entire Time Squad, will take part in the separation of the two timelines, and saving the future. After all, the GT world never had the benefit of the Time Squad. I still say the time bomb either, never existed, or never went off in the GT timeline, thus making it so the Time Squad never came to be.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dexterblossom<3 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Oh my god, plz let someone get there quick and save buttercup and blossom already!!! I CANT TAKE THE SUSPENSE!!!! :'(
Last edited by Guardian on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: *take
Geeky and proud

Postby Guardian » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:24 pm

From what the comic has shown, there isn't a rescue party.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:28 pm

We're still largely in the dark about just what exactly is going to happen when the heroes all fail. Because they are already preordained to fail, now it's just a matter of context. Beeare has been very skillfully tightlipped about this whole thing, which I find amazing. I just don't have the composure to not let SOMETHING slip in over a year of constant pressure.

I'm still very curious as to what the future holds for this comic. Once this whole bomb thing is over... who's to say if the main staff of characters will be left unscathed or even alive? Questions... questions...
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:45 pm

All he has to do is dick around with us :3

Seeing as the title is named after the PPG, I'm assuming they'll survive. I'm also sure that the Cluster wouldn't just up and suicide.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Xi-1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:57 pm

We're just not used to seeing the eyes like that so it feels weird.

I think the Girls' age is irrelevant to Dan pointing out how their fear is Out of Character. He didn't mention age at all, and I agree with him: the Girls have taken great blows before and rarely gotten more than a black eye and a few scrapes or bruises. They are extremely durable, immune to some elemental attacks (I forget which), and can survive in deep space, so it seems extremely unlikely that their current predicament could inspire such fear in them, at least in my opinion. Bodily harm? They're nigh-invulnerable superheroes! Unless, as I said in the other thread, they've lost some of their power growing up a bit.

For now I'll assume it's due to the needs of the Plot. But I wish it wasn't necessary to subvert the characters to advance it.
A Page Flipper

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Their age is to help put it into perspective. They've been through a lot, but that doesn't stop them from being scared.
Mandark killed Blossom. She knows first hand that they aren't immortal. Also, as powerful as they are, when a blade is being held at a part as fragile as the neck, they will be scared.
Bell herself is a Puff, meaning that the enemies are somewhat aware of their capabilities and weaknesses.

Both Blossom and and Buttercup are beat up. They've been burned, cut and bruised. Key word, CUT.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Putting it into a story telling perspective, do you guys know how fucking boring this comic would be if they weren't phased by anything?

Because its pissing Blordy off. Like, a lot.

Because this keeps getting explained, and ignored.

So listen, or read, very carefully.

There needs to be emotion. 10-12 year old super-powered girls need to show this emotion. Not only for the sake of good story telling, but because it fits who they are - 10-12 year old girls. They don't have as much experience as you are crediting them with. It's always going to be a emotional roller coaster and danger when they are doing things like this.

THERE IS A HUGE ASS, FUCKING PROBLEM IF YOU AREN'T FEELING THESE THINGS IN DANGEROUS SITUATIONS.

As for the power and durability thing, they got beat up just as bad in the show. But when you pull a kids cartoon into a grimier teen-to-adult rated universe, you can't have the childish invincibility and still maintain that dark atmosphere you are trying to pull off. Heroes need to take battle damage in their fights. No one wants to see God zooming around, not getting hurt at all.

And while we're at it, let's also pause for a moment and consider the poster-boy for superheroes, Superman. He takes damage like the girls and is just as or more durable than the girls. Where the hell is your outrage over this?

EDIT: I'm not saying you can't continue this or post more on it either with or against me, but there are fundamental things you have to take into account when you're bitching about the protagonists taking damage.

Semper Vigilans

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!