Chi's a weeaboo

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Chi's a weeaboo

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:32 pm

Back at the Megaville flashback, they state that Raven is not Mimi's mother, and that Blossom is.
During the birthday flashback with Dexter, Raven explains to Mimi how her mom couldn't come, so that also shows Raven is not her mom.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:56 pm

Light10s wrote: Or is this what you call she is a half breed she possess Blossoms blood but Ravens powers, Or the other way around.

It's interesting how Mimi's power have developed differently than a typical Puff. You could associate that with two possible ways.

1: Chemical X is unstable and produced a different reaction with different variables.

2: Mimi is a demon/puff hybrid and the inherited powers worked differently when combine together.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Or maybe another freak accident in a lab.
Dark theory...
Mimi was ill, she was going to die.
Dexter attempted to help and through certain experiments, which led to Mimi's powers.
As death continued to approach Mimi, Mandy couldn't care less, the reference Grim made that Mandy might've been able to help them.
A deal was made with Him(The Devil), to keep Mimi's life.
The reasoning here relies on Heaven denying Mimi's entry. If Grim reaps Mimi, Him might have a way to 'bring' her back.
To a sense, Mimi belongs to Him.

Not the most well thought out theory, but I think it's an interesting ponder topic.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:15 pm

Or it is possible Mimi's powers were even less chance than that. To be able to predict the actions of super criminals seems almost too perfect an outcome. Add to that the fact that I doubt Blossom would just sleep with HIM for no reason (assuming that Mimi was conceived the typical way). I assumed that their was some kind of arrangement or "demon deal" involved with Mimi's creation and Blossom either did not read the fine print or went back on her side of the deal for some reason. Since I definitely see HIM as the kind who would twist something like that to fit his purposes. I just find it very unlikely that this child born between these two who would never come together in a million years just happens to have the super beneficial one in a million powers.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Ari, you should've read my post :3
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:21 pm

There was a idea a while back that Blossom made a deal with Him to save Dexter or Aku's life, in return for a child. Him agreed, sid he'd get her later, shows up, Blossom says no, all hell breaks loose.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:38 pm

I find that a theory a bit strange. Aku? Blossom would be outwardly against Jack.
Dexter? The prosthetic part help the theory. It also may explain the close connection with Mimi.
idk, I find both, this theory and my own, annoying. 1 life for so many more.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:19 pm

I am with that theory. A deal made where HIM would take Mimi so the good guys take steps to keep her out of his hands so HIM goes out of his way to bring everything down around them. The deal he made with Mandy where megaville falls (has that been confirmed yet or still speculation?) A deal which is beneficial for Mandy and requires her to do little more than stand by and watch it happen. Perhaps she was in a unique position to do something to prevent it so by doing nothing, she is almost responsible. I have a theory where someone close to the heroes was corrupted by HIM and sabotaged the prediction machine (angel?) so that they could not foresee some important event that ultimately leads to their downfall.

Postby Havoc » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:27 am

Wasn't it that only people without super powers could slip under Mimi's radar? I forgot all the specifics of the machine.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:08 am

There's also the possibility that Mimi foresaw the attack. If they see it coming, all they can do is prepare for it, doesn't mean they can win.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Misery Chord » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:19 am

To address a couple of posts made in this thread, previously.

ari-6 wrote:Specific objects usually but in every case they had strong emotional value to someone. Like by touching a music box, she could see the day a father gave it to his daughter who had died. By touching a terrorist propaganda letter she had a flashback to the same terrorist during a support rally. By touching a blood stain she could see how someone was injured. But during an event that was centered on five items, by touching one she could only make out fragments of the scene and required all of them to know exactly what happened.
The objects could be anything of significance to anyone and usually displayed the most significant event associated with that object. But usually the object had an emotional value to somone or reminded them of something emotional.

What you are describing is psychometry. Some people in fiction even have the power to infuse memories into objects. This is an interesting theory, as mentioned previously, but I don't think it's the case here. I had hoped that the resemblance between Blossom and Chi was designed to mislead the readers but it is looking all the more blatant a substantial tie between Chi and Blossom is confirmed.

ari-6 wrote:I am with that theory. A deal made where HIM would take Mimi so the good guys take steps to keep her out of his hands so HIM goes out of his way to bring everything down around them. The deal he made with Mandy where megaville falls (has that been confirmed yet or still speculation?) A deal which is beneficial for Mandy and requires her to do little more than stand by and watch it happen. Perhaps she was in a unique position to do something to prevent it so by doing nothing, she is almost responsible. I have a theory where someone close to the heroes was corrupted by HIM and sabotaged the prediction machine (angel?) so that they could not foresee some important event that ultimately leads to their downfall.

It's still speculation, and in my opinion, unlikely.

Yes, Mandy could have helped the heroes but did nothing. She also could have helped the bad guys or even the traitor if it's someone else and done nothing. All Grim is saying is that Mandy stood by.

Personally, I'm confident Mandy isn't even the traitor. She's ruthless, heartless, and manipulative, but it wouldn't make sense for her to betray anyone given her background in GT. She was effectively immortal due to Grim not reaping her, and was able to rise to power on her own. She's so driven she wouldn't even need, let alone want Him's help. That's just my take on the character, and I've been very wrong before.

Back to the page itself, I'm glad there has been more information relevant to the mysteries of Grim Tales provided in the past two pages than there have been literally in years. We do get confirmation that Mimi killed Blossom in her human form, and not after being changed into Her.

Finally, the detail that struck me most about the "flashback" panel is that it appeared to take place in the ruins of Megaville. While this doesn't necessarily means this event happened right after Mimi's flashback, Mandy's line on that page hints that it did. This makes me wonder how Him was able to get to Mimi so quickly unless Him just took over her body and left her mind awake, and as powerful as Him is, I don't think he is able to do that.

Postby ari-6 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:16 pm

So you are replying to me and also me?
Nice catch at the end of that panel. I had just assumed that Bleed used that background because he already had that location "prepared". As in he had drawn it so often that it was easier than drawing a new place and it was a place we already knew about. I was wondering why he wouldn't just take them back to HIM's realm for this scene. But that page makes it seem as though this did happen shortly after. So the big question, like you said is, how did HIM get Mimi to kill Blossom so quickly? We really need to see this scene explained or in another flashback.

Postby The Creator » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:36 pm

She was crying so she was probably forced in some way, instead of manipulated by him.
By the way why are her eyes glowing, did they glow the previous times she use her powers?
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:40 pm

I don't think so, but she wasn't standing or in serious combat either.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Am am fairly certain her eyes have glowed before, I just cant remember when.

Postby noxux » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:03 pm

I think they glowed earlier when Dexter put Mimi on the machine.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby ari-6 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Nope. Checked. Found it.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=189
Not quite the same but I knew it had happened before.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:21 pm

To me that felt more like her eyes rolling back.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:32 pm

From all of that pain. Poor girl.
Owner of the Bombinomicon

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:39 pm

ari-6 wrote:Nope. Checked. Found it.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=189
Not quite the same but I knew it had happened before.

Tenshi Nova wrote:To me that felt more like her eyes rolling back.

Hmm. Conflicted. I can see the forceful removal of her demonic side would have a "draining" effect on her powers and make her eyes go white like that. Never happens when she is a demon though, save for triggering the change in Minnie, in which they were red. http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=106

BUT pain and the eyes rolling back in pain would seem like a logical choice too. Since it was very forcefully removed and it seems like the merge causes pain or at least some discomfort when merging with it. http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=100

Postby Sigment » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:53 pm

There's a distinct difference here, though. There is a very clear white light coming from her eyes. They are not rolled back.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby ari-6 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:58 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Hmm. Conflicted. I can see the forceful removal of her demonic side would have a "draining" effect on her powers and make her eyes go white like that. Never happens when she is a demon though, save for triggering the change in Minnie, in which they were red. http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=106
I was just positive I had seen her eyes glow white before. As to whether it is for the same reason, probably not. I don't think they had planned out what her powers would be as a human yet.

Never noticed that it was Mimi that set it off. I am wondering if that is something she can do at any time. I can not think of a reason why it would be specific to that location or situation. She has no real connection to the place and if it relied on HIM then he would have done it himself. Granted there are many reasons for why we have never seen her use it at any other time.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:03 am

In the "demon removal" page? I dunno, looks pretty clear and not "power fuzzy" to me.

ari-6 wrote:Never noticed that it was Mimi that set it off. I am wondering if that is something she can do at any time. I can not think of a reason why it would be specific to that location or situation. She has no real connection to the place and if it relied on HIM then he would have done it himself. Granted there are many reasons for why we have never seen her use it at any other time.

I remember the page and discussion pretty well. It was believed at that time that Mimi has power over the seven deadly sins, and can trigger them to happen in other people. We thought this because what we knew at the time, was that she gains power from the seven deadly sins. So getting in and being able to warp and influence it, isn't too hard of a thing to do. Making them act what is considered to be the extreme and dark edges of human emotion. However, she needs time to set that connection up, or at least have a opening for it.

Personally, I still believe its true.

Postby ari-6 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:08 am

I was going to suggest that the reason she did not use it while fighting in grimskull is because it would take concentration and leave her open to an attack from anyone else.

I just looked again at the exorcism page where her eyes turn white. I feel certain that they do actually go white and not just roll back. I feel that if they could roll back so far then there would definitely be veins visible. You could argue that it is just Bleedmans's style but I am not convinced with that explanation

Postby PeachyKeane » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:29 am

http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=113

^Another glowy eye instance.

I also thought this was interesting.

http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=117

Grim got to her when she was old enough to walk? She was way past old enough to walk (though with the whole 'psychic machine draining her body of energy' thing, she was mostly in a wheelchair) when Him made his first appearance in Mimi's life, as far as we know.

Either there is an inconsistency in the storyline or we are totally missing something.

Or maybe I am. :|

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!