Seeking Unintended Sororicide

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Seeking Unintended Sororicide

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:10 am

The counter theory still stands. Blue linked that episode a while back. That's where the theories for the sword recently caught fire.
The stones and zombies don't have souls. In other words, evil can use the sword as a normal sword against things without a soul, but can't harm things with a soul.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:20 am

Then I wonder if the sword can hurt Samantha. Is her soul already lost or does she still have one. I think she still has one, but it's fading away.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:56 am

That's why I thought the sword may play a role in the spirits debate of Sam's soul.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Leirbag Aluos » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:39 pm

Pleas whatever you do don't use the sword. Jack's katana was forged from righteosness and goodness for that it can only harm does of evil. As when Aku tried tu kill Jack with it's own sword and it doesn't penetrate on his skin. Pleas don't let me down... So as I trust in you my gues si that the real error will be cometed by Sam le Bell and that she is the one they want to save.

Postby Sigment » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:58 pm

I think I know how Sam wants it all to play out, I'll just have to see if I'm right.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:27 pm

K, 3 things.

1. Welcome Leirbag, read the the rules, enjoy your stay, and stay away from the bathrooms.
2. Leirbag, please check your spelling and grammar :3

3. Sig...could you just elaborate, instead of making random comments :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Honestly, I don't think Sam intends to lay a finger on either of them. Look at her dialogue. She's taunting Blossom into the cloud. She's got something else in mind besides just swinging a sword.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Is somebody going to die? Oh please tell me somebody is going to die. This arc needs to end.

Postby Drago2552 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Well the sword can not harm anyone that is good so blossom and buttercup should be safe.

Postby IcyBoomer » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Argh! The suspense is to much...especially putting a dust cloud to obscure everything. :'(
Darkness is Light

Postby SuperFireDagwon » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:52 pm

BR said "What? You want to know what's going to happen next? Pay attention to the page. You will see it coming."

If you look at Gir's goggles, you can almost make out what appears to be a face-and it looks like it's Samanatha's. I tried using Windows Magnifier for a closer look, but I can't make out much more detail.

I want to make one of those bits of smoke behind the 'face' shaped like a sideways 'U' because of the air flow from a sword slash pulled the smoke into that shape. And since the face is in front of the slash, my very rough theory (that's probably wrong) is that Sam was just beheaded by Jack's sword.

I might be off base, but that's what my gut is telling me at this moment.

Postby Havoc » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:57 pm

I'm not seeing any of this. Which one of Gir's eye's do you see it in, left or right?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:01 pm

I zoomed in really tight on the page and cropped this portion out. All I'm seeing are clouds and the technical writing in Gir's left (our right) eye.

Edit: Ohhh I think I see what you saw now
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Yeah I don't see anything that would help tell us " what's gonna happen next" in that picture. What are you seeing, Cerulean?

There's something odd about that 5th panel. What's that thing dangling down? Is that Sam's ropy arm?

AkuTenshiiZero wrote:Is somebody going to die? Oh please tell me somebody is going to die. This arc needs to end.

We know for a fact that Sam's gonna die, but I have to wonder of one of the Powerpuffs (I'm thinking Buttercup) will also be killed, and Grim will have to bring her back.

Honestly, I don't think Sam intends to lay a finger on either of them. Look at her dialogue. She's taunting Blossom into the cloud. She's got something else in mind besides just swinging a sword.

I disagree, I think Sam's truly trying to kill Both of them. I think she just wants Blossom to see it. Remember what she said to Buttercup a few pages back?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:25 pm

In the smoke on the page, notice how there are portions of the smoke where you can see through it? There are some dark outlines at the bottom of the cloud of smoke. If you zoom in and look, it sort of looks like the girls are at the bottom of that cloud of smoke (it also sort of looks like Sam's foot may be hanging out or something). I'm still not seeing a beheaded Sam, but I can sort of see what looks like Buttercup's hair in Gir's left (our right) eye (and maybe Blossom's bangs?). That's all I'm seeing right now.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:31 pm

I...think I see it. Which one of Gir's eyes are you seeing it in?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:50 pm

I thought that I saw Buttercup's hair outline in Gir's left (from our view it's on our right side though) eye. He has his target thing on something in the smoke and it sort of looks like Buttercup's hair in the circle.

Everything else was in this image.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Honestly, I don't think Sam intends to lay a finger on either of them. Look at her dialogue. She's taunting Blossom into the cloud. She's got something else in mind besides just swinging a sword.

I'm starting to wonder about this as well. Add Gir saying "Obscuration Scatter Complete" and that makes it seem as if this was a highly coordinated attack on their part. She may be using the opportunity to run through the smoke so that she can go re-activate the bomb without the interruption of the two puffs. The title of the page makes me think that they're hoping that one of them accidentally kills the other, or at the very least maybe they're just hoping that they're distracted while they put their true plan into action. Also, Blossom yelled "Behind you" and not "Above you", so it's possible that Buttercup simply attacked the person behind her.
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:34 am

Cerulean wrote:I thought that I saw Buttercup's hair outline in Gir's left (from our view it's on our right side though) eye. He has his target thing on something in the smoke and it sort of looks like Buttercup's hair in the circle.

Everything else was in this image.

Call me skeptical, but I just don't think there's really anything there. I feel like BR was trying to point use more towards "the moments before impact", namely the fourth and fifth panels. I'm especially looking at the fifth one.

Cerulean wrote:I'm starting to wonder about this as well. Add Gir saying "Obscuration Scatter Complete" and that makes it seem as if this was a highly coordinated attack on their part. She may be using the opportunity to run through the smoke so that she can go re-activate the bomb without the interruption of the two puffs. The title of the page makes me think that they're hoping that one of them accidentally kills the other, or at the very least maybe they're just hoping that they're distracted while they put their true plan into action. Also, Blossom yelled "Behind you" and not "Above you", so it's possible that Buttercup simply attacked the person behind her.

I kinda like the idea of Samantha tricking one Powerpuff, into killing another, it just seem so diabolical. But I was kinda under the impression that Sam was no longer fully capable of that sort of cognitive thought process. I thought she had just gone completely berserk.

The idea of Sam creating a distraction with the smoke screen, and reconnecting the power to the bomb sounds extremely plausible at this point. The dots seem to connect rather well, but I think Sam is more fixated on killing Buttercup and/or Blossom first. I don't Sam would be willing to leave this world until they're dead. But then again, if she think the bomb will kill them and everyone they care about, she might be willing to go through with sacrificing herself.

As for the title, like Tuor pointed out, Sororicide means to kill ones own sister. So "seeking unintended sororicide", could mean that Sam is looking to have one Puff, kill the other by mistake. But unless one of them is armed, or has a very powerful attack charged up, it seems a bit difficult. I think one of them (Blossom or Buttercup) will either pick up Jack's sword (I'm not sure how Jack's sword would work with an accidental blow), or that noisy cricket, and use it.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:02 am

Don't know if there really is anything or not. Have to squint pretty hard to see what I thought I saw so I'm not completely positive about it either.

As for Sam, remember the whole reason she went down there in the first place involved stopping Blossom from interfering with the plan. When Buttercup interfered with her chase of Blossom, she had no other choice but to fight with Buttercup at that point (although I don't doubt that she also may have wanted to get some revenge for the tooth incident before too). She's shown that she is agitated with Buttercup, but she has also shown that she is 100% loyal to the Cluster. If revenge was the only thing on her mind, then she had a different opportunity to attack Buttercup (at the science fair when she was at the food stand that Buttercup was working at for example), but she didn't because she was on a mission. When she noticed that someone went after Bell, she made it her priority to stop them (similar to how Bacchus lured Monkey away from the bomb (he knew that Monkey could ruin their plans so he tricked him into space with him)) for the sake of the mission. Admittedly she seems to have become...unhinged during her fight with Buttercup/Blossom, but it seems really strange that she would just throw out "Look at me I'm crazy, watch me kill your sister" right after she notices that a smoke bomb has gone off. It seems a bit too coincidental. I don't necessarily think that she has gone crazy so much as the machine having taken over (although a bit of both may be going on). Also, I don't know if it matters or not, but notice that the mechanical font isn't present amidst the shouting going on in the cloud of smoke.
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby AgentNY003 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:54 am

I think I know this mistake Dee Dee was talking about earlier. Instead of focusing on Sam they should worry more about Bell and Girly. That's where the real trouble is.
AgentNY

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:33 am

I think that Sam doesn't even know that the katana cannot cut good souls. She just happened to get the sword in her hands, if I look back to the previous chapter. She defeated Jack, saw his katana and picked it up. So I wouldn't be surprised that Sam lands her hit on Buttercup (or Blossom) only to find out that it doesn't cut her.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby shadownerd221 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:53 am

Wonder who is going to win inside the smoke? What was GIR scanning anyway?

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:12 am

shadownerd221 wrote:What was GIR scanning anyway?

Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby MrBright01 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:02 am

Cerulean wrote:... but it seems really strange that she would just throw out "Look at me I'm crazy, watch me kill your sister" ...

That.

I actually made an account on this forum just to point that our, but as you beat me to it, I may as well emphasize it briefly. Sam has been (apparently) sliding down hill during the entire fight, but even taking that into account, that line feels far too "bwah ha ha haaa" to read true. Between that and the comic title, I agree with you.

Bonus points for the "no mechanical font" thing, I might add. I didn't even notice. :grin:

As for the question of who is going to potentially die, I am guessing that it'll be the following scenario:
1. One Powderpuff (either one works for this, but Buttercup especially) comes out of the cloud in fighting condition.
2. They slay/destroy/otherwise immobilize Sam.
3. They attack Bell with sword.
4. One of the two involved (Powderpuff OR Bell) does not have the required alignment for the sword. I don't recall seeing Bell actually performing an evil act that she knows to be evil (time for a archive trawl, I think), and a fair bit of effort has been made in previous comics in pointing out Buttercup's temperament problems.

If Buttercup beats down her sister in error, smashes Sam in vengeance, and tries to slay Bell for the same, would she really be good, at that very moment? If their positions were reversed, would Blossom be any better? And if Bell is not knowingly evil, does that make her good in soul but possibly misguided?

... crap. Now I know what I am doing this weekend.
Last edited by MrBright01 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:12 am

Welcome Bright, read the rules and enjoy your stay. :3
Also, why do you keep adding the extra E after Bell? :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!