Memoirs of en evil overlord

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Memoirs of en evil overlord

Postby ari-6 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:58 pm

I feel like all anyone expects from Chi is for her to do things that are annoying and be annoying. Give her a chance. She has been in maybe ten pages so far. I still expect something good. I also hear people say that the story is predictable and NEK is an idiot. How is it anymore predictable than any other chapter? It is pretty difficult to be unpredictable when after every page people spend a week predicting every possible outcome.
2014. A shitty fucking year!
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby The Creator » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:15 am

okay, first thanks for that Aku fried chicken comment, that made my afternoon.

Second, I am relatively new to the forum and grim tales in general, so I never truly got to experience the original writer making a page week after week, but so far I think the current writer has done a great job.

so until we can all make popular web comics and publish them weekly, lets leave it at that.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Havoc » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:46 am

ari-6 wrote:I feel like all anyone expects from Chi is for her to do things that are annoying and be annoying. Give her a chance. She has been in maybe ten pages so far. I still expect something good. I also hear people say that the story is predictable and NEK is an idiot. How is it anymore predictable than any other chapter? It is pretty difficult to be unpredictable when after every page people spend a week predicting every possible outcome.

Granted Chi hasn't been around long, but as it sets, I'm not fond of her character. Being a spoiled brat, and this obsession with Mimi is the only thing she has going for her. She's just so one dimensional. If she was in danger, or if she was going through some "what a selfish fool I've been" kinda character development, then I might be a little more invested with her character. As for the rest of the comic, the whole thing is just so "narrow". There's so much potential here, but nothing's being utilized. We have Heaven, the world of the living, the rest of the underworld, none in which is being brought into the light.

I'm okay with the story being somewhat predictable. I agree with what you said, ari. As for NEK, I don't hate him, but so far, I'm not fond of him.

The Creator wrote:Second, I am relatively new to the forum and grim tales in general, so I never truly got to experience the original writer making a page week after week, but so far I think the current writer has done a great job.

I myself wish I could have been around in the days when everyone of Bleeds team members was on the forums.

The Creator wrote:so until we can all make popular web comics and publish them weekly

With Blackjack and Hookers?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:11 am

well count me as one of the few who's giving chi a chance as well as expecting a lot from her.

I actually see the reverse from what some people have said.
what chi has done since her appearance has showed that she can be quite sharp when she isnt being fixated with mimi(such as noticing him's hand, using her blood to travel). its more easy to accept chi if you look at her as a tsundere, then you'd see she's not that bad(unless you have a big dislike for tsunderes).

what I expect from her, once she tries to infiltrate grim's castle, is that she'll do good actually. she'll be doing fine and be quite calm(while being quite irritated). she'll move stealthily and creatively(like assuming bizarre shapes) until she finds mimi or hears something about her, then thats where id see her infiltration start to fall apart with her either losing her cool or being too overjoyed with seeing mimi.
Romance Expert

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:14 am

I don't see how she's a tsundere. In any way. :P

Also, it's a bit difficult to not notice someone's entire hand/claw missing.
The blood trick was something she wanted to try. The fact that it worked makes her seem intelligent.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:28 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:I don't see how she's a tsundere. In any way. :P

Also, it's a bit difficult to not notice someone's entire hand/claw missing.
The blood trick was something she wanted to try. The fact that it worked makes her seem intelligent.

it is once you interpret the "tsun" with how she treats everyone else not mimi and the "dere" for mimi. not all tsundere are tsun to their love interest like most shows, other times their tsun is directed at every character not their love interest. oh and there's how she kept on saying those stuff to mimi via text while actually feeling very guilty about it.

not really so if the character is "supposedly" obsessed. if chi was as people were saying only focused on herself and her desires, she'd have just glossed over that part and keep nagging about mimi. what I saw was her connecting the dots and starting to guess something went horribly wrong.
as for the blood part, what I noticed more was her "calming" down after being enraged, which isnt something that happens easily with "obsessed" characters. while you can toss up on how ingenious what she did, her coming up with a plan itself was what I noted.

also when you start comparing her to junior in the early parts of this comic... well let me ask, how many of you were liking to junior's character?

ps: not pointing at anyone in particular, but I suspect the reasons for many dislikes on chi is not so much on her character itself(which id say is a lot better than junior in the early parts) but more on how she's an obstacle for juniorXmimi, or if your one of those who dislike yuri.
Romance Expert

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:54 am

Does anyone here think that Aku might let Chi deal with the consequences of her actions alone? I mean like Grim gives Aku a call and tells him that his daughter got caught sneaking into his castle. Aku's reply would be "Go ahead and punish her but please reframe from death and permant scaring. She could probably use it as a leason to learn not to jump before you look. Oh, did you see the game last night? Skeletor vs (bounty hunter from Billy&Mandy, metal hand) was a very entertaining match."
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:15 am

@silver
I can respect that interpretation. For the record, I still dislike Jr. :3

@manda
I like the idea. I thought of a theory involving Clockwork and Aku having made a deal in the past. But that has died slowly the more we learn about Aku. Your idea could help Aku stay neutral.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:52 am

Dr. Mandalor wrote:Does anyone here think that Aku might let Chi deal with the consequences of her actions alone? I mean like Grim gives Aku a call and tells him that his daughter got caught sneaking into his castle. Aku's reply would be "Go ahead and punish her but please reframe from death and permant scaring. She could probably use it as a leason to learn not to jump before you look. Oh, did you see the game last night? Skeletor vs (bounty hunter from Billy&Mandy, metal hand) was a very entertaining match."

I think if it was any other day, yeah aku would/might do it.
in this particular situation though, with mandy crying out for blood to be spilled, I dont think he'll take the chances.
Romance Expert

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:34 pm

Hey, Tenshi I finally thought of an argument. The reason Chi did not do something before now is because she did not exist in the story before now. It presumably has been anywhere from a weak to a month since she last communicated with Mimi. We could guess that that was probably before even Mimi's appearance in the comic since so much has happened. There has been time for her to have done something, she had not because she did not exist.
You could argue that her character could have been introduced as having been searching for Mimi for all this time but if the writer did that, it would probably cause us to view her character in a completely different way to the point where she might not even be the same character, personality wise.

Assuming it has only been a weak since they last talked, assuming it is against the rules for her to leave her realm, assuming she honestly thought Mimi was just angry with her for something and she had no way of discerning something was wrong until HIM arrived, then all she could have done is keep trying to text Mimi and hope she replied and calm her nervs with some good old fashioned Aku Fried ChickenTM

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:11 pm

That was a given :p
I'm saying that I don't like it, and that Chi doing nothing, would fit into my preference for why she's done nothing.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:57 pm

So..... You don't like her and you want her to continue doing things that fit you'r image of her, so that you can continue not to like her?

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:00 pm

I don't like her. If she acts out of character, I'd dislike her more. If she stays in character, she'll grow on me.

I'm not saying she won't/can't go to Grim Skull. I'm saying that I can only see that happening, with her acting differently than herself.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:41 pm

well she is almost beyond obsessed with Mimi, so i can see her doing something really really stupid. Because people do stupid things for love(lust), and we have seen Chi do some stupid stuff already. Shooting Him being at the top of the list.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:47 pm

But being able to bypass Grim Skull right after Mimi?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:19 pm

You meen after Mimi broke in they would have bumped up security. She does have a skill that would make it easier for her than anyone else. But if she wanted to send her whole body there then she would need something bigger than a phone. She thought up that move after watching the ring, perhaps she could figure somthing out involving a television to get her whole body there.

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:56 pm

Security of Grim Skull...gets bypassed by a psychologically fucked up little girl...twice.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Well, chi is a shapeshifter.
Not Space Jesus

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Security of Grim Skull...gets bypassed by a psychologically fucked up little girl...twice.

Damn it, why is it so easy for children to break into the Pentagon castle Grimskull!?

Postby EX Being » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:38 pm

I totally agree with Tenshi Nova...
At the beginning, Chi was exposed as a "Little lovely girl": "Mimi, answer me... Call me... Love you <3..." but now... "I hate you, you're nothing to me...!"

I really would love to see a new kind of relationship in Snafu-Comics, there are: age difference (Buttercup -> Jack), "Necrophilia" (Mandy - Grim), Incest (Jr <-> Minnie)... and a moment of Lesbians don't hurt anyone... I think (?)...But Chi has turned it in Stalking love and some panels of "I hate everyone!, Except for My Mimi."

Just like Tenshi said, the thing about the blood and turning into a cat makes her seems inteligent, but she isn't able to use her powers at 100%... But if she stops being so moron and start to think about real problems, maybe there is a way to enter Grim Skull without getting in problems.
Do you fear the Darkness??
You should...

Mimi's Servant Soul

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Look Tenshi, you have a fan.

Welcome XB, I do not think I have seen you around before.
EX Being wrote:I really would love to see a new kind of relationship in Snafu-Comics, there are: age difference (Buttercup -> Jack), "Necrophilia" (Mandy - Grim), Incest (Jr <-> Minnie)... and a moment of Lesbians don't hurt anyone... I think
I am honestly imagining you with a check list, just ticking them off as you go.
Last edited by ari-6 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Just a few obstacles in the way that prevent a "no problem end scenario".
1)Pain's main job protect Mandy followed closely by 'Don't let anyone in the Castle'
2) Cerberus dog with scooby-doo, and the other dogs
3)MANDY IS A MAJOR BITCH

So i don't think Chi is going to be able to enter castle GrimSkull, and be able to avoid any&all trouble that will no doubt rain on her spoiled little flaming princess head.

I can't wait for Chi to fall head first into the mountain of shit that conveniently is placed between her and the Mimi x Jr couple (at this moment in time(sh*t normally happens if it hasn't happened in a while))
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:08 pm

So much Chi hate. If she comes up with a really well thought out way to infiltrate the castle that no one was expecting or thought she was capable of then maybe people's opinions would change. But not likely. I agree with whoever it was who said most people hate her because she is an obstacle for the JRxMimi pairing.

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Yes i don't like Chi because she could/is trying to ruin the Jr x Mimi pairing. But if she did come up with a really clever way to infiltrate the castle (like splinter cell style) then i wouldn't hate Chi, but i still wouldn't like her like i do with Jr, Mimi, Minnie, and Him. She would be on the side entertainment for me. No offense to Chi or you(Ari-6), but i just have been a
Jr x Mimi fan for too long.

I like those four because they are mostly badasses. Jr is the occasional badass, gets the shit beat out of him and then kicks their but when friends/family get in the crossfire. Mimi is the definition of "Hot as Hell", and some how pulls anything & everything from her skirt. Minnie talks like Shakespeare(in a way that tells you "Don't f*ck with my brother"), and i think she might become like her mother, or remain like she is. And Him is the most Badass Pimp in the underworld.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:29 pm

The only problem I have with the idea of Chi 'easily' getting in via transformation powers, is the color scheme.
I'd still let it slide tho, seeing as many cartoon characters seem to be fucking color blind.

What's with the whole Jr x Mimi shit? No one fucking cares. Chi is hateful because she is annoying.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!