snapped

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: snapped

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:29 am

So no one here thinks that the knife is going to hurt her or do any physical damage to her at all?
I'm trying to picture Aku walking in on her after the last slide, but i just don't know whether it will be Aku mom/dad.

You guys were talking about sending her blood through the phone, but it is a cellular phone. So wouldn't it uses radio signals, and i don't recall Atom traveling through radio signals. I know he traveled through a land line several times, but I'm not sure if it would work with a cell phone.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:12 am

So, the whole yandere not needing to be intelligent. Seems we're all in agreement then.

Also, the idea of sending something through a cell phone. Aku's and Chi's powers are magical, so I think it's possible for her to send something.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:08 am

Dr. Mandalor wrote:So no one here thinks that the knife is going to hurt her or do any physical damage to her at all?

No. It seems a bit more calculated than "fuck this, imma going to cut myself".
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Asinerta » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:39 am

Besides, she's a demon. I doubt cutting herself like this will have the same effect on her than it would have in a human.
I like sleeping

Postby Firehazard » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Randori wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:You do realize the problem with this is that its a April Fools page.

Hahaha theory debunked!

Still could have been a hint, even if the page was a joke. Where else to throw it in?

Asinerta wrote:Besides, she's a demon. I doubt cutting herself like this will have the same effect on her than it would have in a human.

I figured she could just grow her hand back if she did cut it off or something of the sort. If you think about it, she could shapeshift-heal herself. Besides, who knows what she's actually made of.
"It's nice, Kryts, really nice." "It's really great." "In fact, it's better than nice, it's fantastic." "Isn't it great?" "It's really great." "Really, really great."
". . . Are we eating the same stuff?"

Postby Xi-1 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:17 pm

What Chi's made of? The same stuff as Aku, it would seem. And from the screen on her phone, it looks like she's trying to put some of it into an attachment and mail it to Mimi's phone. Whether or not it'll work, though, is up to the next page to show, or so I would guess.

The Mimi growth may be formed through Chi's own instinct, guiding her powers, however I doubt it has an intelligence of its own the way, say, Junior's Nergal does. Does that make sense to anybody?
A Page Flipper

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:24 pm

I think that she just wanted to cut the Mimi away because it irritated her that she couldn't see her real Mimi. And the the black liquid (which possibly is her blood) just happened to drop on her cellphone, I don't think it has a special meaning or something, her cellphone just happened to be underneath it.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:35 pm

Firehazard wrote:Still could have been a hint, even if the page was a joke. Where else to throw it in?

It serves no purpose. There is danger in taking anything from the April Fool's pages, since they are nothing more then a complete joke. They also don't hint across stories like that.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PeachyKeane » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:40 pm

@Darkingdomhearts

I don't think she cut herself to get rid of the little Mimi, after all, in the 7th and 8th panels, you don't even see it, like it went away when she was shocked into being more focused. Yes, it could've just been the angle, but I have to agree with the consensus, I think she's sending a part of herself via text so somehow she can 'see' for herself. Maybe the little Mimi gave her an idea, that she could possibly send a mini Chi over the phone.

Or maybe she'll form an arm which would bitchslap Demo when he opens the attachment. :P

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Or better, she sends a ShadowKhan. :D

Na, but seriously, what if she sends part of her to help revive Demo's powers?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Revive his powers?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Demo takes the souls of those he defeats right?
When Jack freed the ones inside him, he became a little version of himself, whereas here, he's just a floating head.
Chi could restore his little body, maybe even extra.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:55 pm

By doing what? Giving him her soul?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:59 pm

Not that far, but Aku took away his powers, I'm assuming it's possible for Chi to grant Demo powers.

As in, instead of giving him an essence to kick start it, she gives him like a buff, until he can. Maybe going as far as taking Jeff, which I believe was already mentioned by someone else earlier.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby mimimandy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:11 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Yeah, nothing new there.

EDIT:
mimimandy wrote:OH MY EFF
PLEASE TELL ME I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE TO HAVE NOTICED THIS http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=259
Look at the very last panel at the bottom right hand corner and read the dialogue. She said "Blossom/Aku forever".
COINCIDENCE?!?!?!??
Haha, sorry, just rather excited about this.

You do realize the problem with this is that its a April Fools page.

....Goddammit.
Still, this was before Aku's debut in Grim Tales. I think I'll hold out hope.

Dr. Mandalor wrote:So no one here thinks that the knife is going to hurt her or do any physical damage to her at all?
I'm trying to picture Aku walking in on her after the last slide, but i just don't know whether it will be Aku mom/dad.

I'm ready to bet that it did some physical damage to her. I just don't believe that that damage will be long term. I have this idea in my mind that Chi's skin just automatically stitches itself back together, which would be awesome. Unfortunately, I have nothing to back it up, so that's that.

You guys were talking about sending her blood through the phone, but it is a cellular phone. So wouldn't it uses radio signals, and i don't recall Atom traveling through radio signals. I know he traveled through a land line several times, but I'm not sure if it would work with a cell phone.

Theoretically, yeah, the whole "travel by phone" thing doesn't make sense, but you're probably over thinking it here. Because this is the Underworld, and Chi happens to be a demon. Pretty much anything is possible as long as it doesn't leave any gaping plot holes.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I swear, this is like the second or third time I've fixed one of your double posts. Knock it off, or it will be a warning next time.
Too Cool For the Bullshit

Postby ari-6 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:32 pm

mimimandy wrote:I'm ready to bet that it did some physical damage to her. I just don't believe that that damage will be long term.
If her body is anything like Aku's then no blade could hurt her except Jacks. We still do not know her origin so we do not know if her physiology is sufficiently different that this factor might change.

Any way the idea that she is cutting for the usual reasons would just make the pacing of this page strange. She is obviously doing it for a specific reason and I don't doubt that she feels it I just doubt that it "hurts" her.

mimimandy wrote:Theoretically, yeah, the whole "travel by phone" thing doesn't make sense, but you're probably over thinking it here. Because this is the Underworld, and Chi happens to be a demon. Pretty much anything is possible as long as it doesn't leave any gaping plot holes.
I think I understand. It is a cell phone that is capable of calling across plains and dimensions that may or may not be under the surface of the earth. The idea that it would work the same way as a normal cell phone is just silly and if she does transport a part of herself then we would be better off just accepting it and not trying to think of a logical explanation.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby The Creator » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Maybe she is a masochist or wanted to see if she was one.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:51 pm

Odd time to exploit that habit.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby IcyBoomer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:14 pm

Hmm reading this page and all the comments has me curious. I do believe she may be using some power to go through the phone, I mean is it a coincidence for her to cut herself right on the phone? But then there's the other fact she is making herself that little Mimi. Finally I come to the conclusion just by looking at the title of this page and that Chi has finally...SNAPPED!
Darkness is Light

Postby shadownerd221 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:41 pm

Damn... Chi needs to control herself.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:43 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Demo takes the souls of those he defeats right?
When Jack freed the ones inside him, he became a little version of himself, whereas here, he's just a floating head.
Chi could restore his little body, maybe even extra.

Actually when Jack freed all the souls he had captured Demo lost all of his skulls, his hair flamed less and his cape was gone. He wasn't a floating head. When Aku crushed him in the palm of his hand at the end of the episode probably is the point that he became a floating head (like Jeff after HIM killed him).

And I doubt Chi is able to restore Demo's powers and body. She just found out her powers and can't even shoot laser beams. I think only overlords have the ability to do such a thing.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:21 am

Chi probably knows most, if not all, of Aku's powers. I wouldn't surprised if she started to experiment on her own capabilities.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:44 am

Anyone who has powers experiment with them, even if they have Billy's IQ level. In most comics, shows, and movies all the heroes have to do trial and error to discover their limits. Pretty sure Chi will just overlook all safety precautions, and blow the f%$K out of her room.

lol That is going to be a blast lol
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby silvercover » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:18 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Firehazard wrote:Still could have been a hint, even if the page was a joke. Where else to throw it in?

It serves no purpose. There is danger in taking anything from the April Fool's pages, since they are nothing more then a complete joke. They also don't hint across stories like that.

dont be too sure about that.
ive seen some mangaka(manga/anime writers) make certain jokes or make extra non-canon gag scenes that comment on particular characters with outrageous claims. this is often just treated as jokes and non canon, but there have been times where it turns out to be true.
or the author initially made it a joke, but then started working on it and eventually became true. I believe some comics have done this at least, where the author realizes it might make for an interesting concept. then they decide to make some joke story/character be part of the actual story.

considering bleedman's a anime/manga fan, he might have done it on purpose from seeing it being done, or he warmed up to the idea.

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:22 am

The fact that it's not a solid point stands, since it's an April's Fool page.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!