Once More Unto The Breach

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Once More Unto The Breach

Postby Cerulean » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Another thought that I had regarding to the Tlalocan and the 4 quantum numbers involved whether or not Dr. X would consider the 4 Tlalocs (mentioned 2 posts ago) to actually be a representation of the 4 quantum numbers. Maybe he thinks that by destroying one of the Tlalocs (which apparently represent a frame for the passing of time), he can also affect the passage of time.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:53 pm

Darn it, Cerulean. Your posts need subtitles for the hard of thinking.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Cerulean » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:59 pm

What I meant was that I think that it is possible that he believed heavily in the research of the Aztecs :p

Speaking of which, does anyone have an interpretation from something BeeAre said in the previous page thread? I'm still scratching my head about it.

BeeAre wrote:Unless everyone is in the underworld by-s-have-n't-be the time GT rolls around. Time travel paradox tense terms (huehuehue). Then the only thing in history is a vast singular moment of unrealized quantum states, nothing of value but their own superposition with no relativity to draw a conclusion on but the supposition of the lowest energy state. No relativity because there are no observers. Does anyone not notice how rarely Grim seems to be busy? Hue.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Darn it, BR. Your posts need subtitles for the hard of thinking.

BeeAre wrote: by-s-have-n't-be. Does anyone not notice how rarely Grim seems to be busy? Hue.
It probably amuses him to no end to say things like this.
Last edited by ari-6 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:05 pm

ari-6 wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:May whatever God you pray to saves your ass when BR reads this, Krest.
Or maybe he will be lucky and BR will not come here again. Or maybe someone will send BR a PM saying "Read this" with a link to this page.

I sent BR a PM. He knows.

It's not there. Weird. Maybe he deleted it?

--

@Blue

Nothing ever actually happens unless we think it happens and vice versa (things only happen because we think they do). It's the Law of Perception at work.

For example, Grim could perceive that everyone would already be reaped by him when they die. And so they're auto-reaped. Of course, the Law of Perception isn't actually THAT powerful but without perception the universe, supposedly, would not exist as really anything that could be perceived.

It's a philosophical concept yet was created by theoretical physicists to pretty much screw with all other scientists. According to that law, nothing can ever really be proven since everything is opinionated no matter what the conditions may be and no matter how many people perceive the event.

It's one of my all-time favorite things, ever.

BR basically used it when referring to events as they occur in time - it could be that they actually don't occur, even if we witness them first hand, because screw logic.
Last edited by Krest on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Havoc » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:08 pm

This whole thing it fairly enlightening. It almost explains Naga's existence, along with some other things like the bomb on the moon. I just wish it was a bit easier to digest. I would also help if I didn't have a headache for earlier. The Tlalocan thing is kinda interesting too. I never expected that.

ari-6 wrote:Darn it, BR. Your posts need subtitles for the hard of thinking.

He's one smart cookie, that's for sure. I have to use a thesaurus every time I read his posts. Not that I have any problem with that. I'm always looking to expand my vocabulary.

@Krest: I'm not sure what that statement by BR means. I'll have to think about it some more.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Krest wrote:It's not there. Weird. Maybe he deleted it?
Did you click send and then send again. When I am composing a new message it sends me to a page where I can review my message after I click send and I mistakenly think my message has been sent. I do not know why but many times I think I have sent a PM only to find my outbox empty.

Krest wrote:Nothing ever actually happens unless we think it happens and vice versa (things only happen because we think they do). It's the Law of Perception at work.

For example, Grim could perceive that everyone would already be reaped by him when they die. And so they're auto-reaped. Of course, the Law of Perception isn't actually THAT powerful but without perception the universe, supposedly, would not exist as really anything that could be perceived.

It's a philosophical concept yet was created by theoretical physicists to pretty much screw with all other scientists. According to that law, nothing can ever really be proven since everything is opinionated no matter what the conditions may be and no matter how many people perceive the event.

It's one of my all-time favorite things, ever.
That sounds like your getting into solipsism.
Last edited by ari-6 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Sigment » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:10 pm

@Krest
Just... once... Think. Before. You type.

I, for one, am getting tired of those "PpGD is taking too long" comments. It's a matter of priority. We'd be saying the same thing about GT if the situation was reversed.

Anyway, I wonder if there's a reason why Sam's face is shadow where she... still... kinda has a face.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:20 pm

ari-6 wrote:Did you click send and then send again. I do not know why but many times I think I have sent a PM only to find my outbox empty.

The Outbox is the PMs you sent that haven't been opened. If it's not i your out box that means the person has already read it.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:I, for one, am getting tired of those "PpGD is taking too long" comments. It's a matter of priority. We'd be saying the same thing about GT if the situation was reversed.

Agreed. I could go into another rant about why I like PpGD better then GT, but not right now.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Anyway, I wonder if there's a reason why Sam's face is shadow where she... still... kinda has a face.

I've wondered that too. It seems like an odd art choice to me. Unless the left half of her face is somehow different then the right now. Perhaps even more monstrous.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:23 pm

I just have to wonder what Krest is talking about in GT with regards to Cosmology and Ethics, that's all. Because if he thinks that shit was there on purpose, he's got another thing coming.

Unless, Krest, you want to provide for me some specific examples and some evidence that you can point to that I can't look into my email history and get a direct quote from Bleedman or Griddles that demonstrates GT being literally as "pulled out of your ass" as PpGD, lol.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:28 pm

BeeAre wrote:Because if he thinks that shit was there on purpose, he's got another thing coming.

You just shattered my opinion of GT... Why...

Well, I guess I deserved it.

Postby Breach » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:31 pm

BeeAre wrote:No relativity because there are no observers. Does anyone not notice how rarely Grim seems to be busy? Hue.

All that science'y time wording reminded me of someone mentioning that "time doesn't flow in the underworld so everyone that has/will die is currently in the underworld."

I think that Grim isnt busy because there are no souls to reap. The underworld is in a different plane(area of space & time I mean). The "end" actually. There are no souls for grim to reap because the underworld is located when and where everyone has already died.

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:33 pm

I love you, Breach. Be my friend.

Postby BeeAre » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Seriously, I put the most effort into making the plot make sense for every comic, and am told regularly "lol relax they're just web comics ;)" by Bleed himself. I offer assistance and have for a long time in long form when requested.

This is why I will regularly say things like "whoo boy Chi, haha, do whatever you want, man" to guys with money commissioning Bleedman for OC wank. Because when I don't like an idea, and go on at length about it, I get told to relax.

Seriously, nothing is complex unless made deliberately so. PpGD's FACTS are extremely complicated. GT's potential definitely exists alongside PpGD, but the character interactions are not complicated. I honestly do not know where you got the interpretation that they were like that in the first place. Like, what subtle nuance in whatever picture you saw made you go "Oh, man, look at all those LAYERS". I can't see it, knowing about the nuts and bolts behind the finished product. :B
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:37 pm

BeeAre wrote:"Oh, man, look at all those LAYERS."

Sorry, that's my guilty pleasure >.> Symbolism, y'know... I can't get enough of it. I look too hard sometimes x.x

--

So...wait... Are you offended by what I said or not...?

Cuz, it sounds like your comic is... but then... and then you said...

Okay, I give up.

Postby BeeAre » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:40 pm

PpGD's facts are complicated, but as you point out, this does not mean the story is all that complicated. By the nature of PpGD being a crossover comic, its facts are complicated. When GT was back in its main sequence, ITS facts were equally complicated, to its detriment, what with the flashback within a flashback within a flashback shit going down with Lock Shock and Barrel.

Now GT only has a few key elements to deal with, whereas PpGD remains stuck dealing with a lot of characters and ideas. By necessity, I can't delve too deeply most of the time, in order to let things keep moving. Fat lot of good that effort was, huh? I get sick and the comic's progression becomes glacial.

Next page we're injecting some part of the many offscreen complications back into PpGD.

Resist symbolism. Sometimes a cigar is a big brown dick, but sometimes it is just a cigar.
BR

Postby The Creator » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Yes, I mentioned that in the GT section.

You are right,what I am saying and what BeeAre is saying is the same thing. Time does not exist in the underworld, everyone that has already died or will ever die is already there.

it makes me wonder if we will see future dead characters in GT, anyway how does this time blast effect people? Could someone end up really messed up from traveling through time.

And Am I the only one wondering if Amazo is coming back?
Last edited by The Creator on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby ari-6 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:43 pm

BeeAre, I know that I have no room to talk on the subject, I mean I am not exactly anyone important so why should my opinion matter to you? But, You put your best work into your writing and it shows. You should not care about what a handful of detractors think because it will only distract you from your work.
Last edited by ari-6 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:45 pm

BeeAre wrote:Resist symbolism. Sometimes a cigar is a big brown dick, but sometimes it is just a cigar.

Next page we're injecting some part of the many offscreen complications back into PpGD.

That's not the kind of symbolism I meant...

--

As long as PPGD ends with absolutely no plot holes, I'm good.

Postby BeeAre » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:47 pm

The Creator wrote:Yes, I mentioned that in the GT section.

You are right,what I am saying and what BeeAre is saying is the same thing. Time does not exist in the underworld, everyone that has already died or will ever die is already there.

The weight of every opinion must be carefully measured before it is discarded. If not by the right person, then a right person.

Krest wrote:That's not the kind of symbolism I meant...

--

Don't resist symbolism so hard that entire metaphors are lost on you, dear.
BR

Postby Havoc » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:48 pm

I feel that it's important for any story plot to not have any loose ends, and make sure that it all ties together.
I've definitely gotten a different vibe from PpGD then GT. A lot of GT feels like it's been made up as it goes along.
GT is just too "all over the place for me". It frustrates me greatly.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:50 pm

BeeAre wrote:The weight of every opinion must be carefully measured before it is discarded. If not by the right person, then a right person.

Krest wrote:That's not the kind of symbolism I meant...

--

Don't resist symbolism so hard that entire metaphors are lost on you, dear.

Truer words were never spoken. Except in France.

--

I got the metaphor, I just returned the quip.

Postby The Creator » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:51 pm

Forgive me if I do not fully understand what you are saying BeeAre, but I am sure it is very helpful advice. I will ponder it.

Oh and again..AMAZO.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby BeeAre » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:54 pm

You only need a year on Wikipedia, Krest, because those are the entrance exams, btw. :0)
BR

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:37 pm

BeeAre wrote:You only need a year on Wikipedia, Krest, because those are the entrance exams, btw. :0)

HAHA Nice!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!