Once More Unto The Breach

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Once More Unto The Breach

Postby Breach » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:40 am

@cerulean
wow,I missed a lot of things in your last post when I read it last night,and I mean A LOT. Makes my stop gap explanation look really small. Should've just let you explain it.

@the creator
It still sounds like you're comparing PPGD to gt with the dexter's hands thing. no,he doesn't know what it does but he seems to have a good grasp on it. Why would he say it would be "poetic" if he has as much a clue as I do about the bomb. It is possible for him to know Naga wanted to sacrifice bell without knowing what the bomb did.

I've always thought that the bomb's blueprints(if zim or mandark made it, or the bomb in general if not) was designed by the cluster and that dr.x was unknowingly about to get double crossed at some point with the bomb. He could be thinking "our new world order" when it's really "were gonna use your daughter to set up a bomb and then kill her and you too"

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:46 am

Krest wrote:To make it simple: Things would go boom.

He's trying to take over the world, not destroy it.

Breach wrote:Maybe Dr.X wants to move the Earth to a certain place or time?

That's been the general thinking when its come to this bomb.

Cerulean wrote:I feel like I'm really close to discovering something, but I'm starting to get tired and can't really think straight.

Anyone else able to gather anything from what I've posted?

This is how I've felt every time discussing the bomb. It's like you think you're really close to what it could be, but you're either off by a mile or missing something that would make everything work.

But this is also the biggest break though that has been had on this topic since the Tachyon Particles came up.

Tlalocan surprised me. I feel like there is a lot more within the comic that is being mentioned but overlooked. Like the Project Tlalocan was something that I just noticed. I didn't pay any attention to it when the page first came out, but it does have a lot of meaning.

I'm going to reread the comic from the bomb going off till now and see if there is anything else that was missed.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Cerulean » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:47 pm

@Breach Nahhh, I was in the editor for a while last night, so technically you didn't miss much. Your explanation was great c:

@Blood The ever elusive glue to make everything stick together. I will agree, though, that this is a huge breakthrough.

I also agree with what you've said about the many hidden clues that have been sprinkled throughout the comic thus far. Until BeeAre mentioned it a while ago, I'd forgotten completely about the Cluster/Betty in space. After reading a bit more I saw the comment that Bacchus threw out about the Justice League and Vexus (and some new enemy (who I am starting to think may be the RRB)). It makes me wonder if we'll be taken directly to the battle in space before we figure out what is going on on Earth... It also makes me wonder about the effects this bomb has on the individuals who were in space (and not on Earth).

I'm curious as to whether or not there are more hints out there, so I may try to read all of it as well.

Oh and one addition to my last post. What if Naga was working for the Great Azure Dragon, but then changed his allegiance to that of Tlaloc? Or perhaps vice versa? Proselyte can be roughly defined as a change in beliefs, so maybe he switched sides (and just wanted to gloat about having been a servant to both). Well either that or Tlaloc and the Great Azure Dragon are one and the same. Which I guess would make sense since the Great Azure Dragon represents the spring season and the Tlalocan was described as a never ending spring. But then the question of "why separate the two if they're the same" rears its head......

The Earth rotates on its axis in the Eastern direction. (Just another tidbit)
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Xi-1 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:39 pm

I thought the detonation on the moon was just a field test. If so, for what purpose was the test even conducted on the moon, other than it being a remote location unlikely to be observed from Earth? Whatever it was, Dr. X was sufficiently satisfied to put his plan into motion. Still, thinking of the moon detonation as a test, it seems unlikely, in my opinion, that the two bombs created any kind of link. Even if it did, the corridor between the two portals would have to have enough integrity for objects to pass from one end to another without contamination. Otherwise a foot in the wrong place might be the least of a traveller's worries -- and why would Dr. X need a portal to breach Earth's defences when the Cluster has already done that?

Fluttershy is as shy as her name suggests, but she's also the only one who can stare down a fully-grown firedrake, neutralize a cockatrice's stoning stare, and there's one more massive feat for her but that would be spoiling. Majorly. Never underestimate anypony!
A Page Flipper

Postby ari-6 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Wow Cerulean! After reading your post I feel like I have no businesses being here and my theory is laughable in comparison. Also Blord, I can see how Tlalocon is a big break through in figuring out what this bomb does but was the part about tachyons really considered a breakthrough? I am not criticising, it just seems to me that someone would have picked up on that as soon as it was said. Tachyons seem to me like a staple in time travel science fiction. Or did you perhaps mean that once we knew it had somthing to do with tachyons, we had a much better idea of what it did? And after having read through all these references I really have to ask who exactly BR is? Did he major in theoretical physics with a minor in ancient Philosophy?

Xi-1 wrote:Fluttershy is as shy as her name suggests, but she's also the only one who can stare down a fully-grown firedrake, neutralize a cockatrice's stoning stare
I have no idea what you are talking about but I assume it is a good thing. Unless you just got lost on your way to the pony thread. That was a joke
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby The Creator » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 pm

do you guys remember Amazo? do you think he will be involved in future events?
by the way this has always bothered me, why did Dexter Kiss Olga has realized his love for her or something? does that mean BlossomxDexter Is over?

and what about Mandark what if he is actually still alive, just an idea I have no proof.

also what if Dr x's time bomb actually take him back to the original creation of the powerpuff girls?

And I am just remembering this now but, Dee Dee told blossom to take care of Dexter until she comes back, what does that mean? Any speculations
reality is incoherent

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:55 pm

ari-6 wrote:And after having read through all these references I really have to ask who exactly BR is? Did he major in theoretical physics with a minor in ancient Philosophy?

Honestly, anyone could pull this story directly out of their ass as long as they've used Wikipedia for atleast a year. I'm not saying BeeAre isn't special or anything - but I am honestly not impressed by this story enough to think it was created by a full-blown philosopher.

Now, if it talked expertly about Root Races, gave actual models of the universe, had hidden symbols and meanings, or did ANYTHING that was "far-fetched", then I'd admit it's an absolute masterpiece.

Tachyon particles - particles that affect time. They can affect time. Period. That's it. The existence of the particles is the only thing the comic has said about them. Tlalocan is a random deity of some random religion in some random place in our world. Tlalocan could be the Rain Man for all we know - but the comic says nothing about Tlalocan's existence. The comic just uses the name for the project. That's it.

Now, GT impresses me with its cosmology and indirect discussion of ethics. But PPGD has yet to impress me - at all - in any way that would make it look like a philosopher came up with it.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Tuor » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:06 pm

You're not impressed by much, are you?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:07 pm

But he likes Skull Boy >.>
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Krest wrote: but I am honestly not impressed by this story enough to think it was created by a full-blown philosopher.
I did not say it was a masterpiece. Honestly I do not think as much of this as I do other things I read. I simply meant these are some obscure and sophisticated references. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Tenshi Nova wrote:But he likes Skull Boy >.>
Because Skull Boy is some sophisticated and refined shit.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:16 pm

Tuor wrote:You're not impressed by much, are you?

Actually, yes! I'm impressed by many things! I'm impressed by Nawlz, Sirens of Titan, and Hero With A Thousand Faces. I was impressed by The Secret Doctrine, the Sydney Opera House, and the Library of Alexander. I am impressed by ALOT of things.

I could pull PPGD out of my ass and still make it better than it has ever looked. "OMG it's a plot device that will let the bad guy rule the world, we must stop it!" said every Fantasy Hero ever. That's what PPGD is.

The fight scenes are OKAY, the story is OKAY, and the visuals are BRILLIANT, but this story was not made by any sort of expert philosopher. That's what I meant.

Yes, I do. Because the character designs, how they fit into their world, and the world itself - all three were excellent and portrayed without issue in exuberant ways.

ari-6 wrote:
Krest wrote: but I am honestly not impressed by this story enough to think it was created by a full-blown philosopher.
I did not say it was a masterpiece. Honestly I do not think as much of this as I do other things I read. I simply meant these are some obscure and sophisticated references. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Because Skull Boy is some sophisticated and refined shit.

KK Sorry for misunderstanding.

--

<3

Postby Tuor » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Krest wrote:
Tuor wrote:You're not impressed by much, are you?

Actually, yes! I'm impressed by many things! I'm impressed by Nawlz, Sirens of Titan, and Hero With A Thousand Faces. I was impressed by The Secret Doctrine, the Sydney Opera House, and the Library of Alexander. I am impressed by ALOT of things.

I could pull PPGD out of my ass and still make it better than it has ever looked. "OMG it's a plot device that will let the bad guy rule the world, we must stop it!" said every Fantasy Hero ever. That's what PPGD is.

The fight scenes are OKAY, the story is OKAY, and the visuals are BRILLIANT, but this story was not made by any sort of expert philosopher. That's what I meant.

Hmm, interesting. I was just genuinely curious what sort of things you do enjoy and are impressed by, since so far I've really only seen you be unimpressed by things. That's what I meant
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:21 pm

Tuor wrote:Hmm, interesting. I was just genuinely curious what sort of things you do enjoy and are impressed by, since so far I've really only seen you be unimpressed by things. That's what I meant

Oh, I see. I love to share. Thanks for asking! ^^

Postby ari-6 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:22 pm

Krest wrote:I could pull PPGD out of my ass and still make it better than it has ever looked. "OMG it's a plot device that will let the bad guy rule the world, we must stop it!" said every Fantasy Hero ever. That's what PPGD is.
I am sorry but I do not think much of people who belittle others achievements. Perhaps making something that puts PPGD to shame would be a better use of your time.
gott ist tot

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:25 pm

May whatever God you pray to saves your ass when BR reads this, Krest.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby MissTikilicious » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Thinking about the Hourglass-bomb math and physics makes my brain hurt so I'm just gonna wait like a good girl until the page with the pretty pictures comes out.

On another note...Bye bye Krest! See you in the next life
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:29 pm

Blood Lord wrote:May whatever God you pray to saves your ass when BR reads this, Krest.

Oh, no offense to BR. BR did an amazing job.

And I don't pray to anyone, so if BR's gonna be ticked at me (hopefully not, I didn't mean to insult), I'm pretty much screwed.

ari-6 wrote:I am sorry but I do not think much of people who belittle others achievements. Perhaps making something that puts PPGD to shame would be a better use of your time.

I wasn't belittling it. I didn't mean to, anyway... Trust me, if I thought little of this piece, I wouldn't still be a fan of it. I just thought you were overrating it a bit in certain areas.

MissTikilicious wrote:On another note...Bye bye Krest! See you in the next life

OMG TIKI TALKED TO ME THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE :D

Postby Tuor » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:32 pm

Well, just so you're aware, saying you could pull something out of your ass that is as good as the subject in question can very easily be seen as belittling. Just for future reference ;)
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:32 pm

Krest wrote:I could pull PPGD out of my ass and still make it better than it has ever looked. "OMG it's a plot device that will let the bad guy rule the world, we must stop it!" said every Fantasy Hero ever. That's what PPGD is.

Krest wrote:Oh, no offense to BR. BR did an amazing job.

Really? You're being a hypocrite and contradicting yourself within posts. You just terribly insulted a man and his work and then turn around and say "on offense".

Krest, do yourself a favor and THINK before you post.

EDIT: Dang it, Tuor. You're going all ninja on me lately.
Mercypostle

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:38 pm

Hmmmmm... I see what you mean.

I'll write BR an official apology.
Last edited by Krest on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Blood Lord wrote:May whatever God you pray to saves your ass when BR reads this, Krest.

Gods. This is BR we're talking about, if you're not a polytheist then, well, let's not think about that now.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:

Gods. This is BR we're talking about, if you're not a polytheist then, well, let's not think about that now.

No, I get where he's coming from. I don't pray/follow/worship but I do associate myself with a single deity that is a part of a pantheon - thus, her origin lies in Polytheism.

It's the Morrighan, in case you're wondering, but honestly this isn't her department so praying wouldn't have done anything anyway.

Postby The Creator » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:46 pm

I feel like we are straying a bit off topic here...
reality is incoherent

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:49 pm

Ohh it is.

PpGD, k plz thx.
Mercypostle

Postby ari-6 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:49 pm

Or maybe he will be lucky and BR will not come here again. Or maybe someone will send BR a PM saying "Read this" with a link to this page.
gott ist tot

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!