Fist bumps and door slams

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby BloodBrandy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:04 pm

While part of me is wary (This could be a trick) The Nergal writing makes me hope that Junior's feelings of responsibility are extending beyond just his need to protect Mimi.

That, or NJ sent something, but it could still be someone sending a trap.
The Ender of Pizzas

Postby Havoc » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Welcome to the forums, Brandy. I don't think it could have been Jr that gave Minnie that present, seeing how he was busy playing the part of heroes. Right now Nergal Jr is our most likely candidate for this.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: Fist bumps and door slams

Postby ari-6 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:20 pm

I think Minnie will don her new dress and try to get Jr's attention and he will be completely distracted with getting more muffins for Minnie and will not even notice. Making her feel even more depressed. Also I was wondering if anyone else thought Minnie's new outfit was kind of... Fanservicy?
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:33 pm

I don't remember what it looked like.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:38 pm

Am I the only one wondering if that note's gonna be read aloud/translated at some point, so we can know what it says?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Hopefully that'll be the next page.

I'm kinda wondering if the gift could be from another Nergal. One we haven't see yet.

Blood Lord wrote:I don't remember what it looked like.

This.

ari-6 wrote:I think Minnie will don her new dress and try to get Jr's attention and he will be completely distracted with getting more muffins for Minnie and will not even notice.

That would be awkwardly hilarious.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Breach » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:19 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:
silvercover wrote:if we go for the chi idea, though unlike the others, I believe this is actually just coincidental and that chi doesnt know where mimi is yet. maybe she's already friends with minnie and she's giving a present, or it could be like some mail/message of her being able to transform now where she brags about it.

I could actually see that happening! All Minnie would need to do is catch Mimi, put her in a crate with bow, ship her off Chi and all her problems would be solved.

I think in another thread chi's shape shifting powers were being discussed and someone brought up that it was impossible for her color scheme to change because Aku's color scheme doesn't change.

http://samuraijack.wikia.com/wiki/Aku

In the list of powers it says his shape shifting is limited by his color scheme. Unless Bleed chose/chooses to leave this trait out for Chi, it would be the same for her and she wouldn't be able to turn into a pink present.

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:45 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:Lana Del Rey

I LOVE HER :D

"She says you don't want to get this way, famous and dumb at an early age... Lying, I'm lying..."

Have you ever listened to Lindsey Stirling? I found her at the same time as Lana.

--

BACK ON TOPIC!!!

Nice going Breach! You is so smart 0.0

I hope it's from Nergal Sr, honestly. He's one of my fav characters ever and his personality in this comic is especially wonderful. I'd like him to have a larger role again. It would also be just like him to give her skimpy clothing to get to Junior. Her dad most likely wouldn't but Nergal Sr would find the following scenes enjoyable (as in, Junior's odd reaction and walking away from Minnie, her resulting anger, and thus conflict with everyone). She might then be able to get more power from somewhere, which would please Sr since his granddaughter would finally become badass.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby ari-6 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Krest wrote: It would also be just like him to give her skimpy clothing to get to Junior. Her dad most likely wouldn't but Nergal Sr would find the following scenes enjoyable

Would he?

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:17 pm

ari-6 wrote:
Krest wrote: It would also be just like him to give her skimpy clothing to get to Junior. Her dad most likely wouldn't but Nergal Sr would find the following scenes enjoyable

Would he?

Yes.

/10word

Postby Breach » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Krest wrote:
--

BACK ON TOPIC!!!

Nice going Breach! You is so smart

Shit. I just read over it and realized that i had no idea what I was talking about. I got the part about being friends with Minnie but after that I got it as "maybe she sent herself as a present to Minnie so she could brag about her shape shifting powers" or something like that. But I was completely wrong and am now going to sit in a corner.

Really sorry miss tiki and silver.Thanks krest,without that I might not have even thought about reading it again. I have no idea how I could've interpreted the posts so wrong.Sorry
Last edited by Breach on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:04 pm

... What? I wasn't being mean. I was serious.

Chances are, knowing this community, someone would have suggested that Chi actually WAS the present. You went ahead and disproved that.

There is an X at the top right corner of your own posts. Click it to delete the double post.

Postby Breach » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:52 pm

I didn't take it in a mean way(although now knowing you we're serious,I did think you were trying to be sarcastic,not that I minded). I was being serious when I thanked you, the only reason I took a second look at the posts and realized that wasn't what he/she was saying was because I thought you were being sarcastic.Though I know you weren't now...

I really do want to see more of Nergal Jr. Maybe he could show up at the castle and teach Jr about the nergal,or Jr could realize as we get closer to the war that he isn't strong enough to fight, so he finds Nergal Jr hoping to get stronger. Heck, he could show up at the castle asking to do his laundry for all I care.I just think we should see him more.

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Breach wrote:Heck, he could show up at the castle asking to do his laundry for all I care.

Your ideas are amazing.

Keep them coming.
:D

Seriously.

Postby BloodBrandy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:52 am

Thanks.

But you don't really know, he could have been waiting on Charles to bake for a while. And let's not forget he is a prince, he has people he can order to get something he chooses and write a letter himself. And he has been shown to go out of his way for Minnie before (Those underworld flowers in the beginning, who knows how he found them or how he searched).
The Ender of Pizzas

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:23 am

The problem I see with Jr or Nergal Jr, giving the present is that the outfit doesn't seem to be one either would give her.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=239
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:10 am

We still don't know if it's an outfit though.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Xi-1 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:21 am

Does Chi even know that Mimi is at Castle Grimskull to go looking for her there? Aware of Minnie's emotional state in regards to her brother? Know that she is part-Nergal, and thus can speak and read the language with ease? I may not be remembering correctly, but I do believe we do not have any indication of any of these at the moment. I believe this firmly busts the idea that the present has anything to do with Chi, especially given how obsessed she is over Mimi.

Which leaves the issue of who sent the present and note relatively open. It could, of course, be Nergal Sr. or Nergal Jr., seeing as how they would be at least as fluent in their own language as Minnie is. Either of them would have sent something to try to comfort her if they know about her emotional state. They could also be sending her something just because they feel like it. But if the present's purpose is to upset Minnie and drive her closer to corruption, wouldn't it just be peachy keen (heh) for the sender to be HIM? The whole reason for sending Mimi to Grimskull, assuming HIM expected her to fail, has not yet been revealed. It's probably the whole point of this story arc. If HIM was able to predict Mimi's defeat, what better way to get at Junior's power as a young Reaper than through his half-sister who loves him to sin (by which I mean 'to Hell and back)?' And if Minnie got driven to on the HER essence, well, wouldn't that be perfect? Then again, we just don't know since we don't have any proof here either way. Oh, Aku probably knows Nergalese too, but I doubt he has a reason to lavish a gift on anyone besides Chi.

Good on Junior and Symby for attaining an agreement. Mimi's got some pointy teeth there, as though we didn't know the girl has a nasty bite. She kind of reminds me of a dog with her favourite bone, or a highly territorial cat. She's even returned to being under the bed, which is where she was when Junior brought the muffin in the first place, wasn't she? Bada$$ Longcoat is slightly less bada$$ when the wearer drawn in such a cartoonishly cute manner.

Ah, good reminder about the new outfits. I wonder if Junior's means that he and Symby are going to Level Up again soon.
A Page Flipper

Postby Krest » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:59 am

Xi-1 wrote:Does Chi even know that Mimi is at Castle Grimskull to go looking for her there?

No. Everyone is aware of this. Think about that a bit. YUP YOU GOT IT - plotholes.

We love 'em.

Xi-1 wrote:to Hell and back

"I'll take you to Hell and back if you'll be, if you'll be my baby YEEEEEAH!"

Xi-1 wrote:I wonder if Junior's means that he and Symby are going to Level Up again soon.

Great... Now I'm imagining fireworks exploding above Jr's head. For those that don't get the reference:

Postby Sig Skellington » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Krest wrote:No. Everyone is aware of this. Think about that a bit. YUP YOU GOT IT - plotholes.

We love 'em.

How is Chi not knowing Mimi's location a plot hole? Only way I see that is if the present is from her, which it likely isn't, because I doubt that Chi knows how to speak, let alone write, in the Nergal language.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:23 pm

He's being a sarcastic ass. Krest, knock it off.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Could be anything.

Even if it was the outfit, Minnie could very well have modified it into what it is in that page to get attention.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:30 pm

Okay, now that sounds plausible. Been tryin' to wrap my head around who would send her an outfit like that, assuming that that's what's in the box.

The Resident Smartass

Postby ari-6 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:40 pm

That does sound more plausible, but look at the way Mandy dresses. For all we know skimpy outfits are the height of fashion for underworld royalty.

Postby Krest » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:21 pm

Blood Lord wrote:He's being a sarcastic ass.

Aaaaanyway, as I was saying, most theories about the comic exist regardless of perfect logic. Whenever something is not directly specified enough, it is often not counted by fans as a deterrent for their ideas. Thus, fans love plot holes as long as they can get their theory in there.

As for that being a plot hole, it's because - without the location - Chi can't really do anything to save her...especially if it's sending a present disguised as a trap. But for the sake of fan theories, this often doesn't matter.

I didn't say there's a plot hole in the canon itself - rather, fan theories (especially those on this thread) have tons of them for the reason above.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!