Fist bumps and door slams

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Fist bumps and door slams

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:13 pm

Long range through dimensional barriers.

No.

not to mention that you are basing your entire guess on an assumption of a power that we have no idea if it has manifested itself in such a way and it appeared only a while ago.

Postby Krest » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:24 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Long range through dimensional barriers.

No.

You're forgetting Chi is the daughter of Aku.

So, yes.

You're trying too hard to make things COMPLETELY logical. Only an illogical perspective can define the unimaginable. It's COMPLETELY possible, you just can't think too hard about it or else you'll miss it.

For example, we know Hell in the Bleedman universe is made of multiple dimensions. Each dimension, though similar to every other, operates in its own way and by its own accord. However, there HAS to be some kind of glue or similar material that connects the dimensions in a way which allows people to go between them. The echolocation very well should be able to work even through that glue if entire entities are able to go through the same glue.

This is ESPECIALLY do-able since Chi is an entity of a higher grade from most others - an entity spawned from a frequent traveler of time and space who is also mystical in nature. She doesn't operate completely by scientific standards.
Last edited by Krest on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby MissTikilicious » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:25 pm

Welcome to the Party Steph! If you frequent the forums you will soon come to realize that you may never want to leave! So take a Balloon and Join Us. Join Us and Float...Jooooyyyyyynnnnnnn Uhhhhhhhssssss......

Edit:This is not MissTiki. This is her cousin. I just want you all to know that I'm doing you a favor right now. She got into our uncle's whiskey stash and should never have been allowed near a computer. I do not know how to delete any monstrosities that she's posted so she can deal with that tomorrow. Also if her containment goes successfully you will probably not hear from her until possibly noon tomorrow. Thank and I wish you a good day/night.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Krest » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:26 pm

I dunno, I kind of like Whiskey Tiki more... xD She's more SPICY :D Well, her personality is...

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:31 pm

Krest wrote:You're forgetting Chi is the daughter of Aku.

That doesn't mean anything. She discovered her power a few minutes ago. It wouldn't have evolved that fast so soon, nor would she have been able to gain such mastery over it in such a short time.

Krest wrote:You're trying too hard to make things COMPLETELY logical. Only an illogical perspective can define the unimaginable. It's COMPLETELY possible, you just can't think too hard about it or else you'll miss it.

Everything has a logical stand point and laws by which it must obey in order to function properly. Even this comic must obey certain laws in order to make it work.

Since this track of logic isn't working out for your little mind, lets take one that rules with a iron first. That of Writing.

It would be terrible story writing to generate a power for your character that hasn't been hinted at in the very least. ESPECIALLY when they discovered their power only a few minutes prior.

Not even Bleedman and his editors can make that mistake.

Postby Krest » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:42 pm

Sure you can. It's called a plot device. It fixes plot holes.

And you're saying I have a lesser mind? Just because we operate under different philosophies, that doesn't mean your idea is superior. You are one of those people that can't accept any universe which is not completely definable and consistent. On the other hand, I prefer chaotic societies that operate solely on cause and effect rather than societies based on rules and stability which limit the interpretation of things to specific, unarguable definitions.

That preference led me to interpret things in a manner that allows for unlimited possibilities and ever-contradictory natures. Echolocation CAN work through any medium if its nature allows it to do so. Hell does not operate in the same way Earth does. The echolocation Chi could use may very well be able to go through that medium and exist under both dimensional systems. She may have gained the ability to shapeshift that well within minutes, thought up the plan within minutes, and executed her plan quickly. It all depends on her level of willpower and comprehension - both of which have been shown to have high levels.

Postby AskadMiller » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:46 pm

...I was going to introduce myself to the comunity, since im new here. But GOD DAMN, you guys are fighting over such a trivial matter. I mean, it's a COMIC for gods sake -.-

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:50 pm

I'm laughing harder than I should be.

Just to reiterate...
I can see why Krest thinks some randomness is plausible, I do too
But as Blood states, no matter how random and meaningless it may seem, there must be a strand of logic
Say a Chaos theory, it seems random, but each event comes with a meaning, a logical reasoning for it to happen
Chi all of a sudden using echolocation to find someone realms away, right after learning her powers have finally manifested, eh

I can see the possibility of Chi randomly finding a way to do it, but such a ridiculous event, after all this seriousness. Mandy learned a child snuck into her domain, she won't be letting another in. Aku cares too much for Chi. Chi didn't even leave the city herself, she sent Demo. Many more reasons. The option of Chi using echolocation, or being at Grimskull at all, to find and give Minnie a present, sounding nothing more than a joke. You can take my opinion anyway you wish, but I ask you to think a bit when suggesting or joking about things in context.

Also, welcome and might I mention, arguments have been made about thing more trivial.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:51 pm

AskadMiller wrote:...I was going to introduce myself to the comunity, since im new here. But GOD DAMN, you guys are fighting over such a trivial matter. I mean, it's a COMIC for gods sake -.-

IT'S NOT JUST A COMIC!

IT'S THE COMIC!!!

Welcome, by the way.

--

@Tenshi

Actually, the whole point of that specific suggestion was to get laughs. I found it funny, atleast. However, I would not have suggested it if it wasn't even slightly plausible. That's what I was trying to show Big L. I honestly don't think she'd do echolocation but that's just because her character/personality doesn't seem like the kind to go bat.

Heheh, bat...

NANANANANANA!!!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:54 pm

She doesn't have Echolocation.

It's too soon and too large for her to manifest that possible power.

It's logic. Try it sometime.

And it isn't an idea, its a fact. there is no way Chi could have had a package delivered to Minnie at that point in time.
1: It's too early for her to have her power under enough control to send sonar waves through dimensional barriers into other realms.
2: She has no idea what kind of condition Mimi is in. Has she seen her as a human? does she know about the symbiote?
3: She has no idea that Minnie is jealous right now. How can she capitalize on that with some sort of device and get it there in time?

You are making too many assumptions which is corrupting your train of thought. You think that she can master a power this fast when we've been shown that Jr, a person of equal grade of chi, is having a difficult enough time mastering the Nergal Symbiote and its only been a few days to a few weeks on that issue. You are assuming you know the connective details of the Underworlds Realm design that allows for physical transportation but may or may not allow for mental communications. You are assuming that some how Chi knows what Mimi looks like right now. You are assuming that time isn't a issue when it is; information needs to be analyzed, the "device" you mention needs to be created/found and packaged, the letter needs to be written, the package needs to be sent and some how delivered into Minnie's room without detection.

And if you are going to go through enough of that trouble, why not just break in and save Mimi?

It's not from Chi. IF it is, its more likely something to cheer her up after the events of Halloween Town instead of a dastardly plot to save Mimi.

It's more likely that the package is from Nergal Jr or Sr, Grim, or even Mandy.

AskadMiller wrote:...I was going to introduce myself to the comunity, since im new here. But GOD DAMN, you guys are fighting over such a trivial matter. I mean, it's a COMIC for gods sake -.-

Its the concept of ideas, the object of which it is over is trivial.

Wars have been fought over less.

Postby DarkKing » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:55 pm

Havoc wrote:As for your prediction about the Demogo, do you mean the guards at Grimskull, or the ones and Him's domain(if he even has guard)?

I think the Golem is the guardian of HIM's domain. I think it's safe to say he's one of HIM's strongest minions and the most loyal so it would make sense.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Krest » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:58 pm

*sigh* ...

Krest wrote:Actually, the whole point of that specific suggestion was to get laughs. I found it funny, atleast. However, I would not have suggested it if it wasn't even slightly plausible. That's what I was trying to show Big L. I honestly don't think she'd do echolocation but that's just because her character/personality doesn't seem like the kind to go bat.

One thing you should understand is that I am ALWAYS both serious and not serious. See the contradictory nature? You take things waaaaay too seriously. Lighten up, Blood.

EDIT: Oh, and echolocation isn't mental. It's based on the physical senses and is thus physical in nature. LOL
Last edited by Blood Lord on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: My name is Blood Lord. You are welcome to call me BL, Blood, or Blood Lord. Nothing else.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:02 am

Do not call me Big L.

you are trolling right now, and I can get your ass for that.

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:03 am

Blood Lord wrote:And if you are going to go through enough of that trouble, why not just break in and save Mimi?

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:08 am

You will remember a few things. First off that I am a moderator and you will address me with respect. You will address others with respect as well. Calling me Big L is disrespectful. Do not call me that. You may call me Blood, BL, or Blood Lord. Those are the names of which I am identified through out the site. Addressing people by their correct names shows respect but also prevents confusion with other members.

The second is that you will remain on topic to the threads or I will ban you from the site. Well, its more like a warning.

You were not being funny, you were trolling and trying to bring a confrontation on. There is a time for humor, that's fine. I understand those points. You acknowledged that you knew your claims were false to a degree, but continued to push the point and push it on with me.

If you are ever trying to be funny in the future in this way, and shit like that happens, back up and explain to the person that you were joking around before continuing. I'm fine now and don't care about it now that I know you were trying to be funny over it. No problem against you or your views, just the handling of the situation. Should you or someone ever have a disagreement with me, then fine, we can have one and discuss it like civil folk. But you don't do this to people.

Want to be funny? Go here: viewforum.php?f=12
We have a Spam section completely devoted to random acts of funny and humor. Some of it good, others... not so much. Its a great place for members to unwind and keep "funny" things like this down.

Try to be serious in the threads. I don't mind some joking and fun play, but recall that they do have a purpose and if someone is misinterpreting your actions, clarify with them so you don't go to war with them.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:21 am

I'm placing bets now. Minnie's new threads are from Sally. Being the only person that can possibly relate to Minnie's physical change.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:32 am

Just to clarify:

I wasn't trolling. I don't ever troll on Snafu. Now, Vindictus forums... That's a different story. It's the troll utopia. But I never troll here. As I said before, I always am both serious and not serious. This means that while the things I say are said for a reason and do have some logic (some) in their nature, no one should ever be able to look at my post and not try to find the comedy in it.

Also, I did tell you I was joking. Many times. In many threads. I do treat you with respect. I don't know why you think I don't. Atleast, i never disrespect you. Not intentionally. And I did try to clarify. Over and over again. I guess I just won't have a discussion with you again, since we always seem to get too into it. Sorry if I offended you. But seriously... I joke by nature. Doesn't mean I troll.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I'm placing bets now. Minnie's new threads are from Sally. Being the only person that can possibly relate to Minnie's physical change.

Wait, clarify this? I though Sally was a homunculus. When did she ever go through as great a change as Minnie?

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:43 am

It's fine. I overreacted as well, sorry. I don't hold it or anything against you or view you differently.

Now Sally (the ragdoll wife of Jack)... that seems. Interesting. Entirely possible though.

Postby Exodis » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:31 am

Wait, what did he call you Blordy? :|

Edit: What the hell... he called you "Big L"? The hell kind of name is that? Sounds like a name for a creepy trucker.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Sigment » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:39 am

I'm gone for most of the day and come back to find all this... Wow.

Anyway Krest, I'll say that your "echolocation" idea is an eventual possibilty for Chi. Blood never said it could never happen, nor am I suggesting that you believe that he did. However, I agree with him in that it is far too soon for something like that to happen.

Anyway, am I the only one who recognizes those posters on the wall in Jr.'s room?

Lastly, as interesting as the Sally idea is, I doubt she sent it. The note is in Nergal script, so whoever it's from must be fluent in the language. Nergal Jr., maybe. Nergal Sr., assuming he's more that just an entity in Jr.'s head, also maybe. Mandy? Hell, no. She's never been one for sentiment. Jr.'s the only other possibility I can think of, unless any of you can name someone else fluent in that language who would be willing to send a gift like this to Minnie.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Re:

Postby Nina333 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:40 am

I would like for the present to be from Minnie's dad Nergal Jr. He hasn't made any appearances since Minnie got her new body. I would also like to know what he thinks about Minnie being reanimated into a stitched up rag doll and if he has any advice for her on how to deal with the fact that she lost her Nergal powers.

Postby Call-me-Steph » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:04 am

Can we all agree that the package is pink with a red bow on it....
OMG it's from Blossom's ghost!!!!!

;)

All we know is what color it is, so maybe.

Postby PeachyKeane » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:56 am

Blossom's ghost eh? ;) Speaking of which, I wonder whatever happened to her soul? Is Him keeping it locked up someplace? Is it in a realm we haven't visited in this comic yet? Guess we'll have to wait and find out.

This page in the comic also made me wonder for the first time where the nergal resides when Jr. isn't wearing clothes (he can't be wearing clothes ALL the time right??)? I mean I know he resides in the eye as far as transferring of powers and such, but how would he manifest a physical form (like we've seen in the form of tentacles, hoodie hood) when Jr. is nothing but bones?

Forgive me if I am totally off-base with this thought/it has already been discussed otherwise/is shown in previous comic pages that I forgot about.

Last thought. If this package is the outfit from the cover of the new chapter, it makes me wonder when Jr. will get his new outfit from the cover, though it really isn't much different from the one he has now, 'cept for those awesome kicks and neon hoodie strings.

Postby silvercover » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:11 am

looks like I wasnt the only one who had thought about chi... its just that the present's appearance can be associated with her.
but most likely yeah, it is her father or nergal senior due to the writings on the note.

if we go for the chi idea, though unlike the others, I believe this is actually just coincidental and that chi doesnt know where mimi is yet. maybe she's already friends with minnie and she's giving a present, or it could be like some mail/message of her being able to transform now where she brags about it.

oh wait, I just realized with the last sentence I made, that could be a way for chi to sneak in.
pretend you are a present.

Postby MissTikilicious » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:55 am

Sigment Kurosai wrote:I'm gone for most of the day and come back to find all this... Wow..

I second this. Why is it that all the fireworks happen when I get shitfaced? And before anyone asks, cause I know someone will, I am bipolar, musical and likes to hide under the sink. Of course they all know I'm in there cause I'm singing Panic! At the Disco, Lana Del Rey and Destiny Child...yeah...
silvercover wrote:if we go for the chi idea, though unlike the others, I believe this is actually just coincidental and that chi doesnt know where mimi is yet. maybe she's already friends with minnie and she's giving a present, or it could be like some mail/message of her being able to transform now where she brags about it.

I could actually see that happening! All Minnie would need to do is catch Mimi, put her in a crate with bow, ship her off Chi and all her problems would be solved.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!