Fist bumps and door slams

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Fist bumps and door slams

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:43 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Last I'll touch on this before moving it to a GT thread, since it is GT focused and that's not the point of this thread. Ari, you're fine.

Krest wrote:Incest is allowed all the time in the Bible - most versions.

It's spoken against quite a bit.

You need to go read up on your old testament.

Krest wrote: It would make sense if GT had it where Hell was actually ruled by Lucifer/Satan.

The actual "fire and brimstone" section is.

Krest wrote:It isn't. It's ruled by multiple half-baked, minor supervillians. Well, except for Him - but he's still just a supervillian. We also see most of these rulers making green mistakes all the time.

From what we know of the organization of the Underworld which is part of hell. Like how the United States is part of North America.

Krest wrote: It's an insult to the supposedly powerful and well-governed Hell described in religion.

Show me the verse.

1) What? This IS a GT thread.

2) I don't even... I'm not even going to answer that...

3) Link to page.

4) In other words, you just said that all parts of Hell are governed individually and that The Big Guy only rules one section.

5) Depends on which "version" you want me to quote.

--

@Tenshi

Thank you. Just... Really, thank you. I mean it. You said some things I couldn't say without getting banhammer'd. I owe you one.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:46 pm

He moved this post from the SK one

You won't get banhammer'd for expressing an opinion. :p
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Don't be so sure, Tenshi. He doesn't have a great track record for that right now.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:You won't get banhammer'd for expressing an opinion. :p

Wait...really?! So the mods have basically been lying to me then?

And ah, that makes sense. Sorry Blood, didn't know you moved it.

Postby Sigment » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:49 pm

There's nothing wrong with expressing an opinion, Krest. There is something wrong with being a dick when you do it.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Krest wrote:4) In other words, you just said that all parts of Hell are governed individually and that The Big Guy only rules one section.

Sections of the Underworld are governed by individuals. Satan might have the section of Hell as his own place, he needs somewhere to chill.

Part speculation and part off of what we can gather from the comic and from the areas of influence that we are drawing from. What we know is that we have a Underworld that is divided up into at least five or so major regions, possibly a number of smaller secondary regions as well, such as Halloween Town. This Underworld has also been referred to as Hell on a few occasion. We do have a early page that showed Billy in hell, which is making another nod at a cartoon, I think, but the facts are still there that a traditional "fire and brimstone" hell exists.

Satan is always referred to as "the master" of the place where souls are sent to be tortured and damned. So it can be observed that Satan is the head of the Underworld council and rules from the very center in hell. We could go off into the layers of hell too, I suppose.

Now a contrary opinion with this is that since the clip we saw of Satan was in the past, it is entirely possibly that the leaders today of the Underworld overthrew him and divided the Underworld up and decided to rule it as individual zones that have support and treaties with each other and convene on important matters. I believe the comic can also support this path as well with comic events and personality profiling of the individual leaders.

Krest wrote:5) Depends on which "version" you want me to quote.

Choose your poison.

Preferably one that his held by a major organized religion that has some form of credibility behind it. The KJV works just fine for me. Yeah, go KJV.

So the mods have basically been lying to me then?

Krest. You need to be careful here. No moderator has lied to you. This is a pretty serious accusation to be making.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:17 pm

I think it's a bit funny that he misinterprets what some people say as much as they misinterpret him.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:26 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Krest wrote:5) Depends on which "version" you want me to quote.

Choose your poison.

Preferably one that his held by a major organized religion that has some form of credibility behind it. The KJV works just fine for me. Yeah, go KJV.

So the mods have basically been lying to me then?

Krest. You need to be careful here. No moderator has lied to you. This is a pretty serious accusation to be making.

1) LOL, KJV! H-Heheh... Sorry. I'm going to use the original Old Testament - the Torah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_views_on_incest

^ This should help. As you can see, the incest situation has varying degrees. These degrees can even be ignored depending on the situation - for example, in that time a male rapist would generally marry a female victim. In that situation, I believe, views on incest are pushed away in favor of the rape situation.

Minnie and Junior are half-siblings based on their mother. Only Deuteronomy prohibits it, which means there's a higher possibility that an outside situation can defy it. Like, for example, the giving of the betrothal eye - this may be a possible exception.

2) You're right. The mods have only suggested it. Sorry. The ones that completely stated it where generally Gold members and friends of said Gold members.

--

@Tenshi

Yup. We do. Even I admit that fault of mine.

Postby Sigment » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Krest wrote:2) You're right. The mods have only suggested it. Sorry. The ones that completely stated it where generally Gold members and friends of said Gold members.

Oh my God, think before you post, man.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:33 pm

So now you are laughing at my preference of the bible?

Those are all against incestual relationships. And that's also wikipedia, not the Torah. So to match it, here's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest_in_the_Bible

2) You're right. The mods have only suggested it. Sorry. The ones that completely stated it where generally Gold members and friends of said Gold members.

Suggested what. You're on some pretty fucking thin ice here my friend.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:37 pm

K, Here's some things to mention

On Krest's part
They were either joking, warning or informing the possibility(basically warning through tough love).
Try rewording what you post.

On the community's part
He's not aware how people are misinterpreting him, he doesn't specify where he needs to, nor does he realize the context of which he's using it.
You're all very intimidating.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:43 pm

I am sorry but could we please change the subject anyway. Arguing about religion and it's stand point on incest and rape is not fun. It is the antithesis of fun. I think we should move to a different subject before somebody says or does something that will not easily be forgotten. Because then it will be a lot harder to act civil towards each other in the future. Cool down, take a rest maybe.
Last edited by ari-6 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:45 pm

Very good idea.

There are few things you don't talk about in public; religion and politics.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:49 pm

Blood Lord wrote: politics.

GO RIGHT WING! (That was a joke. I do not know which wing the right wing is. sorry) I am however against that Japanese group who are trying to pass a law censoring art.

Postby Tuor » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:50 pm

Right wing = conservative
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:52 pm

Shit can go really down when religion and politics are mixed in with the punch bowl of conversation.
Speaking of punch bowl, I'm thirsty for some juice...

Anywho, Minnie must be feeling really shitty right now.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Savior

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:55 pm

ari-6 wrote:I am however against that Japanese group who are trying to pass a law censoring art.
I don't understand why anything is censored in the first place. If you want to import something from another culture, leave it be. If it is "dangerous" to your culture or "your kids" then either don't import it or put a big disclaimer over it. Why bastardize it intentionally?

And no matter how vivid/grotesque/eccentric the art itself is, there should always be a category for it, a place for it to be seen, admired. Who are we to judge what is and isn't appropriate, anyways? People have lived and died with more difficult and complicated questions on their lips.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Cerulean » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:57 pm

I skimmed the past few pages, and I saw Sally, Aunt Sis and/or Nergal Jr. as possible gift givers for Minnie. Was Helga brought up? I can't imagine what she would give her at this point in time, though (other than maybe a journal/locket?).
Last edited by Cerulean on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:01 am

Cerulean wrote:I skimmed the past few pages, and I saw Aunt Sis and/or Nergal Jr. as possible gift givers for Minnie. Was Helga brought up? I can't imagine what she would give her at this point in time, though (other than maybe a journal/locket?).

Helga giving a gift...? Well, Minnie was, I think, her favorite student. So it's possible. But then she'd have to be able to write in Nergal.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:07 am

Blue. :c
Sally though.

Going to stay in my corner now.

I think Helga would have no troubles writing nergal.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:11 am

Cerulean wrote:I skimmed the past few pages, and I saw Sally, Aunt Sis and/or Nergal Jr. as possible gift givers for Minnie. Was Helga brought up? I can't imagine what she would give her at this point in time, though (other than maybe a journal/locket?).

Oops my bad Tenshi :c
I fixed it c:

I agree, if Mandy knows it then I'm sure that there are a few other individuals who might know the language as well. Although, that is presuming that this is nergal and not just the scribbly stuff that they show to convey writing.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:13 am

Huh. That would be interesting if Helga wrote the letter and sent the gift.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:18 am

I would honestly be ok with Helga never being mentioned again. Never mind actually appearing. I do not typically like tsunderes but I especially dislike her.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:19 am

Yay :D

I was though it was scribbles at first, but I think that anyone that would send Minnie a present out of the blue(heh), would be close to Minnie.
So from that I thought and others mentioning the nergal language, I remembered Junior learning some nergal to speak to her, so I think those close to her would most likely use nergal to communicate.

Course this would probably rule out Sally, can't back out on my bet though. c:

If the Helga talk keeps going, I might have to repost that Helga pic.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:18 am

Helga very well COULD write Nergal, you're right! Being Minnie's sole teacher and all, she could have learned from her student.

Ari, you don't like tsunderes? Odd. I thought you did. Yay for understanding people more! ^^ +1 funship

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!