Fist bumps and door slams

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Fist bumps and door slams

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:37 am

I'd prefer green skin and white hair. Maybe she'd get a glowing red insignia for her missing eye. I could see wings on her, too.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Xi-1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:54 am

That'd be pretty close to the Danny Phantom ghost forms, don't you think?
A Page Flipper

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:58 am

Xi-1 wrote:That'd be pretty close to the Danny Phantom ghost forms, don't you think?

Ah, right...

But I still think red skin is a bit too much.

What about charcoal-black skin and red or purple hair?

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Why would Mimi's parasite make anyone's skin any colour but red. As HER Mimi has red skin because she shares HIM's colour scheme.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby Sigment » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Thing is, the red skin is all that happens, other than the claws (and since Minnie still has her hands, that might not happen). A substitute eye would make sense, likely one similar to Him's eyes.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:21 pm

It makes sense that it'd be red since HIM's skin color is red, yes, but HIM may not have a parasite. The Her parasite may have been created by Him to turn someone to their evil side. Her's evil side would have red skin because of her father, but Minnie's might not.

Postby Sigment » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:26 pm

I never saw it as a parasite, more of an essence. Him's essence, in particular. I thought that it was because of this that its hosts have their inner hatred and sin come to the surface.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:03 pm

Wait, if it's Him's essence...that means that Him's essence is in love with Minnie...

Oh.

Postby Sigment » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:11 pm

More in love with her dark emotions. Hatred, anger, and envy.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Xi-1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:22 pm

Here's Lust: http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=105.
Anger: http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=106.

So maybe a red (or pink, since Minnie's undead flesh is not as bright/saturated) version of either. More likely the first for looks, although she'd likely be angry. Hulking out angry.
A Page Flipper

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:12 pm

I actually never agreed with the idea that Squidward was Sloth. He doesn't like his job but he can get very hard-working when it's something he likes to do. After all, he put great effort in his home.

--

I don't think those pics help describe which sin would make which color. Red is a color associated with evil to begin with. So it would make sense, yes, but black and purple are as well.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:03 pm

That's a matter of opinion.
I think the thing is more in love with Minnie, I'm going to make the assumption that it enjoys causing chaos. Minnie clearly has a lot of anger, and in that scene, she gave in to her anger for just a slight moment. Imagine if she were to release all of her locked up emotions. She could become the poster child for sin.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:10 pm

I don't know if it enjoys causing chaos. Mimi isn't exactly an agent of chaos. I would say its more likely to be attracted to the darker nature of people.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:24 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I don't know if it enjoys causing chaos. Mimi isn't exactly an agent of chaos. I would say its more likely to be attracted to the darker nature of people.

True, but Mandy is supposed to be PURE EVIL - it's even canon. So it might be possible for Minnie to literally become 100% evil as well. It might be in love with a 100% evil Minnie instead of just the darker side of her.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:30 pm

I don't think it has the ability to sense potential evil in someone. Its more likely it is reacting to Minnnie because of the way she just acted than a hypothetical personality relationship with her mother.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Mimi is not what you would call an agent of chaos but the way she fights is pretty chaotic. I agree that the parasite was reacting to Minnie because of her outburst an probably can not sense someone's potential for a specific emotion when the are not displaying it. Which is perhaps why it does not react to Mandy. But I guess this could also be explained as "Mandy is far too single minded for her to be controlled or her personality altered" or maybe "The parasite reacts well to people it is compatible with and the main marker for compatibility is negative emotions like anger but also sadness, grief and jealousy. Traits it can extenuate and feed off of or even a hidden desire to commit sinful acts". Maybe Mandy is just not compatible with the parasite because when she wants something, she takes it and would refuse to acknowledge that any of her acts were truly evil but simply necessary.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Maybe it's attracted to mentally troubled little girls.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:10 pm

As good a theory as any. It did come from HIM.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:12 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Maybe it's attracted to mentally troubled little girls.

That... That's just wrong, man. Even for my standards.

--

@Ari

Wow... That was well-thoughtout. I'm going with your idea.

Postby Sigment » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:17 pm

This may just be me, Krest, but I think you've said things worse than that.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:22 pm

If I could find the appropriate head desk image to use, I would.

"The parasite reacts well to people it is compatible with and the main marker for compatibility is negative emotions like anger but also sadness, grief and jealousy. Traits it can extenuate and feed off of or even a hidden desire to commit sinful acts".

Yus. this is what I was getting at.

Did Mandy ever get close enough to the thing to trigger a reaction? It didn't seem interested in Grim or Pain.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:23 pm

@Krest
How is that wrong? THEY LIVE IN HELL! There shouldn't be boundaries.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Did Mandy ever get close enough to the thing to trigger a reaction? It didn't seem interested in Grim or Pain.
The only one it's reacted to so far has been Minnie. That is, unless I've missed something somewhere. It mocked Grim and Pain while in that container, but other than that, you're right.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Did Mandy ever get close enough to the thing to trigger a reaction? It didn't seem interested in Grim or Pain.
The only one it's reacted to so far has been Minnie. That is, unless I've missed something somewhere. It mocked Grim and Pain while in that container, but other than that, you're right.

That's what I thought.

Last I'll touch on this before moving it to a GT thread, since it is GT focused and that's not the point of this thread. Ari, you're fine.

Krest wrote:Incest is allowed all the time in the Bible - most versions.

It's spoken against quite a bit.

You need to go read up on your old testament.

Krest wrote: It would make sense if GT had it where Hell was actually ruled by Lucifer/Satan.

The actual "fire and brimstone" section is.

Krest wrote:It isn't. It's ruled by multiple half-baked, minor supervillians. Well, except for Him - but he's still just a supervillian. We also see most of these rulers making green mistakes all the time.

From what we know of the organization of the Underworld which is part of hell. Like how the United States is part of North America.

Krest wrote: It's an insult to the supposedly powerful and well-governed Hell described in religion.

Show me the verse.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Referring to somethings in the other thread.
A comic like GT, boundaries being pushed should be expected. My opinion.

The 9/11 reference was well done
Things like incest and pedophilia are bad, but there are worse, and I can see any of it being mentioned in GT

I'm not a religious person, but it's common knowledge that not all religious people are nuts. Most that I've met are intellectual to a point, and have their reason for having faith. Being a part of a religion doesn't necessarily mean you agree with every single detail it does.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!