It pains to be a hero

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: It pains to be a hero

Postby Raulosification » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:24 am

''A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.''
The Mighty Death

Postby Angel71090 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:44 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Randori wrote:GOD FUCKING DAMN IT MIMI! I was actually thinking you were gonna let Jr. in. You malicious bitch...

The Nergal ruined it man. Could of gotten laid right then and there if that sum bitch didn't show up.

I know really? For a demonic symbiote he doesn't really think about the usual demon stuff. Like death,destruction, trying to take over the world ((Of Course!)) and, most importantly, spreading the family as much as possible. You'd think that would be priority number one for a nergal demon, after all Nergal loves his children.

Warhammer40k Joke aside, yeah, you done cockblocked your own host Nergal Symbiote. Worst. Wingman. EVER!
And here is where i would put my awesome Signature...IF I HAD ONE!
SPOON

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:13 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:You're trying to say Mimi has 2 personalities to help cope with the trauma. Human Mimi and Her. Without the symbiote's influence, Her wouldn't have manifested and do what what she did. That's how I interpreted it.

I don't think the Him Virus has a different personality like the Nergal Symbiote does. I get the impression that it is more crude, and manifests the dark emotions of the bearer.
The way I always looked at it was that when Mimi becomes HER she takes on, not another personality but, another persona. In which she is cool and collected to control the dark powers she possesses. I do not think she is like Jr and has another personality talking inside her head but I do think that the transformation is more than just physical.

I can not remember who it was but someone called back to the conversation we had about what Minnie would look like as a demon (I think Sigment) and someone else speculated on how she would act (I think Blord). I personally think she would be calm and even act friendly and happy but quick to anger and bursts of white hot rage but just as quickly return to a calm. Just like a psychopath.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Krest » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:15 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:Enjoy your stay.

http://198.24.151.226/7376%2F18-863%2F18_19704.jpg

Come one and all to the Gothic Horror Parade, it's the splendorous, magnificent finale!
Criminals abound when you're nowhere to be found at the Gothic Horror Parade~.

Come, you pure little love birds...
Come, all you terrible children...
Puppets of woodscraps and sawdust come, too..
A delightful finish is waiting for you~!

Criminals abound when you turn around - the Parade is coming your way!
THE GOTHIC HORROR PARADE!!!

Okay, that's the last one... I swear >.>

Archrival wrote:Fuck you Indigo Tribe and your mystic, cryptic, bullshit.

Says the man with light coming out of his nipples.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:So, can we stop with the poem spam :p

Very good idea.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I counter with you later statement on Mimi having to use the 7 sins. I think Mimi doesn't like doing so, while Her gets that high from it.

I'm not sure how Mimi likes them. All I know is that the transformation isn't enjoyable. After that merge I don't think there is a "Mimi" side and a "Her" side. I don't think she is internally going "eww" at some of the things. But that the Him Virus alters her enough. I do know she gains power from the seven deadly sins.

ari-6 wrote:The way I always looked at it was that when Mimi becomes HER she takes on, not another personality but, another persona. In which she is cool and collected to control the dark powers she possesses. I do not think she is like Jr and has another personality talking inside her head but I do think that the transformation is more than just physical.

Agreed, which is why I'm refering to it as a virus now instead of a symbiote.

I don't think it has another personality, but that it is a raw, feral, animal-instinct-driven thing. It does form an alteration, but I don't thin it significantly changes the thought pattern of the host. I would say that it would amplify certain feelings and I would also suspect that you would have to have a good amount of will power to control it. I don't think Minnie has the correct controls if she and the virus makes contact.

Which is why I'm leaning towards the idea that Minnie is going to go bat-shit insane with it on.

We don't even know how Mimi first reacted when she came in contact with it.

Postby Breach » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:08 pm

ari-6 wrote:I personally think she would be calm and even act friendly and happy but quick to anger and bursts of white hot rage but just as quickly return to a calm. Just like a psychopath.

Sounds a little bit like chi. But you know,without the friendly and calm.

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Seriously, how is the Anime/Manga thread not getting more traffic?! viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55054&start=100
Blood Lord wrote:Agreed, which is why I'm refering to it as a virus now instead of a symbiote.
Not sure if it will catch on. A virus can infect more than one person at a time and as far as we know HER can only be one person at a time. What about parasite?
Last edited by ari-6 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:29 pm

Parasite works as well.

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:50 am

Krest, if you read this please tell me what manga this is from. Tell me here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55054&start=100 or even here, please tell me. I would very much like to be reading it. Right now.

Postby Havoc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:30 am

Um, going back to the comic: In the other thread, I came up with an idea about Mimi's symbiote. Thought I'd bring it up here too just for the hell of it. Do you think that it's possible that the symbiote itself can talk/communicate like the Nergal Powers can? If so I could see the Symbiote talking to Minnie, and try to convince her to let it take her over.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:51 am

After reading all the post, the only thing on my mind right now is Deadman Wonderland. And i just woke up, but yeah if you want to talk about split personalities, Shiro beats everyone. Cheerful, happy, overly friendly and helpful as Shiro, and a super badass psychopath with enough power to destroy Tokyo.
Beat that Mimi.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Xi-1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 am

HER killed Blossom, and probably other heroes, too. 'Nuff said.

The red essence being able to form a Trollface on its own indicates some intelligence, at the least. It probably has a primary objective that it tries to achieve, and having a host like Mimi can help it do so. Unfortunately we do not have any indication that it communicates at all, even while it wears Mimi. What we do get is that in the early days the fusion could fall apart of the host started to feel enough positive emotions (or that's the sense I got). A close or long enough bonding could possibly create a permanent demon similar to HIM.

What I'm getting from the comic is that Mimi's personality, likes, and dislikes don't really change based on her form. Her rabidly biting Junior would seem to indicate that she is the same person, and likes him about as much as she did when she kicked him in the guts and removed his head and spine from his body in HER form. Except she can't do that in her current form. No hands, you see. So she makes do with what she does have. Teeth. Nice white, polished teeth. Which are now covered in green.

Muffin. Derpy? Oh no!
A Page Flipper

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:25 am

Gotta agree with Xi here, Shiro was awesome and all, but her split personality isn't up there, I'd explain in the other thread if you want to know why.

I'd just like to bring up a thought I've had from a few threads ago. Him knew Mimi would fail, and counted on Mandy doing something to Mimi. He may have done this purposefully to start a war. The continuation the thought was that Him had planned for Mimi to die, and once he finds out she's not, Mandy may use Mimi as a hostage, a bargaining chip, and Him would show that he couldn't careless for Mimi's well being anymore.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:32 pm

Shiro > Her. Period. If you don't agree, you haven't watched enough of DW. In terms of power, that is. Even as Her, Mimi still has some bit of a conscience. Shiro was BORN without one.

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:42 pm

I am also a big fan of DMW and Shiro, and I have to say in my honest opinion Shiro dwarfs Mimi and the Wretched Egg dwarfs HER. Especially in terms of who is more psychotic. Plus there is that reveal scene in chapter 8. Mimi never had a page that cool.

Postby Krest » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:47 pm

I only watched the anime. Can you link the page? Oh, and I posted in the manga forum.

I do agree, though, that we have yet to see Her's full potential.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:54 pm

Krest wrote:Shiro > Her. Period. If you don't agree, you haven't watched enough of DW.
I can bet safely that I know more about that you do.

Comparing Shiro to Mimi. I've finished watching/reading DW, easily my favorite of 2013, I was introduced to it a couple months before it ended, went through it all in half a week.

I won't say too much on Shiro, seeing that it may spoil it for others, again if you want to have a full discussion you can bring it up in the other thread, one where spoilers are not only expected, but welcomed.

I can see how some may think Shiro is worse than Mimi, but I disagree. Mimi has watched her loved ones die, and has killed her own mother. She draws her powers from the 7 sins and doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Also, claiming Shiro was 'born' with a conscience, means you're either expressing an opinion I don't understand, or you're gravely misinformed. Given the circumstances, Mimi has dealt with much more emotional turmoil and physical torture.

As Ari stated, at least I think it's what he meant. Shiro's character and as was her counterpart were showcased, then the big reveal. Mimi and Her? Mimi's name wasn't even remembered until Her appeared AND gained some popularity. I won't count age as a factor since they both were children, and such a discussion would shift easily depending on one's morals.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:20 pm

Shiro is a lot more cheerful and happier than Mimi is. Wretched Egg killed everyone's ass, and so did Mimi ( So i going to say tie). Although i am not overly found of Ganta being the the Shiro/Wretched Egg's boyfriend (I like the two of them, but Ganta should have grown a decent spine from the shit he went through( = or > Crow's spine(BADASS))). So I am giving the Better Love Interest medal to Mimi, cause Jr is more badass than Ganta, son of Death, got a overpowered demon, and one of the few people to stand up to Mandy (and live to tell about it). I guess Shiro and Mimi both have their up and downs, but Mimi/Her will definently get her ass kicked by Wretched Egg.

For those who don't watch/read Deadman Wonderland, here is Crow.
Top ten Coolest Badasses ever.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:27 pm

You're not a true badass unless you have a lo-li.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:41 pm

What is a lo-li? Are you trying to say Loli but had the lol problem?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Yep, Loli isn't as cute as loli tho.

See what I did there?, yea, you saw.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:57 pm

http://grim.snafu-comics.com/comics/130311_grim.jp
I had never thought about it before but I think these both look kind of similar. Specifically the pose and also the fire. I know which I think looks best though.
Last edited by ari-6 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:01 pm

You're really not the brightest one are you?..
You're afraid of spoilers in the other thread(where spoilers are welcomed), but you just throw it out here. :/
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:02 pm

ari-6 wrote:I had never thought about it before but I think these both look kind of similar. Specifically the pose and also the fire. I know which I think looks best though.

Couldn't guess that.

At times, I wonder if it is fair to compare characters from different things and dare say one is better than the other.

Tenshi Nova wrote:You're really not the brightest one are you?..
You're afraid of spoilers in the other thread, but you just throw it out here. :/

Relax.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:22 pm

But the logic burns my insides.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!