It's a good day to die

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: It's a good day to die

Postby Sigment » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:19 am

It certainly seems as though Bleed is genuinely considering it. Could be wrong, though.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:36 am

Well it has begun. Oh well. Do we think Grim is happy because of the comedy value of him being the "butt monkey" just like in the original series or do we think he is happy because someone is about to die? If the later were true then he would be the happiest character in the series. If the former is true then falling that far and landing on a skeleton is not going to break anyone's fall. As Tenshi said, he could make a parachute but that would slow them down enough for Jr to shout "look out!". Unless Jr uses a parachute and then both Grim and Jr breath a sigh of relief only for Minnie to shoot out his parachute only meters from the ground. Mimi lives, Grim gets humiliated and Jr's rescue is subverted filling all expectations. Except if that were true then the second arrow would clearly be close enough to the crash sight for it to be noticed causing conflict in the future. I really need to find a better use for my brain. If I could put this much thought into everything who knows what I could accomplish.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Angel71090 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:06 pm

Biocolor wrote:
Darkingdomhearts wrote:
Havoc751 wrote:
Zen wrote:does anyone else use nergals voice in their head when they read the green or is it just me?

Actually I imagine it sounding like Mayuri Kurotsuchi from Bleach.

I also imagined his voice to be similar to Mayuri. The voice of Nergal just doesn't fit in my opinion.

I see it more as Alistair Flame Haze from Shakugan no Shana.

I think more Ragnarok from Soul Eater. They are very similar. :P
And here is where i would put my awesome Signature...IF I HAD ONE!
SPOON

Postby Sigment » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Was just thinking of him.

For Minnie, I was thinking of maybe Michelle Ruff. Laura Bailey might work as well. For Mandy, possibly Luci Christian (Medusa from Soul Eater).

The Resident Smartass

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:05 pm

I like the cast list you have chosen. I think Brina Palencia (Rei from the Evangelion movies and Eve from Black Cat) could work. Colleen Clinkenbeard (Various castrating females) might work for Mandy.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:04 pm

A parachute doesn't slow your fall to a near stop, he could parachute and still smash into Grim.

All these voices in my head are telling me things.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:51 pm

I can see it now, junior with mimi in his arms and gracefully kicking the shit out of Grim and into pieces as though he was on a swing set.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:I don't know... It's almost like Grim's "skull eyes" means that he is sensing an imminent death, and that Bleed is trying to make it obvious that it will happen, which it what would make it disappointing if it does happen. If they follow through with this and kill Mimi here, then it wouldn't feel very original (Though, I suppose that in a way, it would be. Most writers try to keep all relevant characters alive from start to finish). However, if they go somewhere else with this, depending on how it is done, then my interest would remain high. I suppose another thing is that if she does die on impact, I would not be looking forward to the mess of bits and pieces that would be her body.

Just thought of this. Jr. is a reaper, and got soul reaping powers just like his dad. Grim has kept that hamster alive for god knows how long, but idea is Jr vowed responsibility over Mimi. So maybe he can put her soul back into her body if she dies. Yes i know that there won't be body left if they crash. But it was an idea that this guy got me thinking. Jr might have control over Mimi's soul so might not stay dead/disembodied.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Yokai_Moon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:47 pm

Minnie...what da faq? You actually put your brother in danger. Mentally unstable character you be...

Aside from that. I can't wait to see how Grim takes having his son and Mimi drop on his head, poor fella. I guess bad luck just comes with marrying the most evilest woman in the afterlife.

Postby Xi-1 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Again, Junior can't die this way: he was 'born' dead. Also, it'd be pretty damned hard to reanimate a pavement splat. That's why things were so tough with Minnie's revival. Hmm, would Minnie feel more threatened by an undead Mimi than with her just being a demon? An undead, masochistic incarnation of evil, huh?

A cast list without Tara Strong? How strange. How about Andrea Libman as Chi for some super-hyper antics (she played Miliana in Gundam 00, and Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy in MLP: FiM)?

I could see Minnie pulling a Hawkeye and shooting out the parachute, if Junior doesn't just resort to wings. Then again, if Minnie's arrows can break a Nergal-made line, they can probably pierce a wing, so Junior's falling no matter what happens. And there's no way Mandy doesn't know that Minnie shot Junior's line already.
A Page Flipper

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Minnie shooting out his wings seems a bit far fetched. How far can she go before she is outright fighting Jr.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Honestly, is there a point to shoot a parachute/wing? They're about to hit the ground anyways, it seems pointless. If anything the possibility of Minnie taking out the rest of her anger on the guard(s) is more likely.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:25 pm

That would be the point of shooting out a wing. To make sure they hit the ground. But I was under the impression, she just wanted to make it difficult, not kill them outright, but as was said, only Mimi would die. I still do not believe Minnie would be that evil.
gott ist tot

Postby Cerulean » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:39 pm

ari-6 wrote: I still do not believe Minnie would be that evil.

She is her mother's daughter though, so I'm not going to rule anything out. She's already been described as "being like [Mandy] when she's angry", so there is a chance that there are a lot more similarities between the two.

On the topic of Walker's child, I was wondering whether or not Desiree was brought up as a potential partner? Or at the very least, the possibility that Walker wished the "perfect heir" into existence with the help of Desiree?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:14 am

Blue, I need to have a conversation with you one day, I swear half the shit you post makes me rethink my life.
Rocks

Postby Havoc » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:15 am

Angel71090 wrote:I think more Ragnarok from Soul Eater. They are very similar.

lol I could see that. But I still say something similar to Mayuri Kurotsuchi from Bleach. Also something with a demonic distortion.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:For Minnie, I was thinking of maybe Michelle Ruff. Laura Bailey might work as well. For Mandy, possibly Luci Christian (Medusa from Soul Eater).

I definitely could see Laura Bailey (Maka from Soul Eater) for Minnie (that's what I imagine Olga from PpGD sounding like), but it could also work for Mandy (Lust from FMA). I forgot what Luci Christian sounded like. I Kinda just picture Mandy sounding like she did in the original cartoon.

I imagine adult Nerga Jr sounding like Steve Blum. I think it fits him quite well.

Cerulean wrote:On the topic of Walker's child, I was wondering whether or not Desiree was brought up as a potential partner? Or at the very least, the possibility that Walker wished the "perfect heir" into existence with the help of Desiree?

....OH YEAH, now I remember! It's possible. The reason I said Sam, is because that seems to how Bleed rolls with this sort of thing.

Postby Sigment » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:14 am

Havoc751 wrote:I forgot what Luci Christian sounded like. I Kinda just picture Mandy sounding like she did in the original cartoon.
She typically voices very mature sounding characters, with varying personalities. Medusa in particular was a very sadistic woman, deriving pleasure from causing others pain. She also possessed very little patience when it came to disappointment, and valued her allies as nothing more than means to an end.

Havoc751 wrote:I imagine adult Nerga Jr sounding like Steve Blum. I think it fits him quite well.

If you would have him sounding like Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop, then that would be great. But he also does the uber-buff tough guy types as well, which I would not be as fond of.

I wonder if Troy Baker would suit anyone in this comic.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:34 am

Sigment Kurosai wrote:If you would have him sounding like Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop, then that would be great. But he also does the uber-buff tough guy types as well, which I would not be as fond of.

I wonder if Troy Baker would suit anyone in this comic.

Most definitely the Spike Spiegal sort of voice. As for the Troy Baker question; I can't think of any other adult males aside from Nergal Jr, and Dexter, in need of a new voice.

Postby Sigment » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:32 am

What about Dark Danny? Maybe Troy Baker would work there, though Travis Willingham (Free in Soul Eater) would work as well, probably better. Imagine my surprise when I found out that he had married Laura Bailey.

The Resident Smartass

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:03 am

Cerulean wrote:On the topic of Walker's child, I was wondering whether or not Desiree was brought up as a potential partner? Or at the very least, the possibility that Walker wished the "perfect heir" into existence with the help of Desiree?

Once again someone said what I was thinking. I had already decided on Desiree because I like both her eye and hair color. I did not like the idea of Sam because HIM and Blossom was pretty NTR already. Unfortunately my rendition of this character is going to have to wait as I am currently in the middle of an art trade with Mad Mutt. Once I do get around to drawing this character I would like to post it here so I can hear feedback from the people who helped come up with the idea.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Well, from my knowledge, the whole Aku x Blossom thing was popular even before Bleedman used it. I personally don't understand it, mainly because I haven't actually looked into it.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:47 pm

I know. I think Bleedman is, to a degree, impressionable. Case in point, he based the entire comic on a piece of fanart. If I had won that art comp a that happened a few days ago, my plan was to ask Bleedman what his idea of Walkers son would look like, so I could maybe put the idea of that character in his head.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:45 pm

I think he'd already have a concept for a ghost child, seeing as the comic is based off of demon offsprings, and he already mentioned the Ghost Zone, ofc he may have only mentioned those areas because characters from those realms have already been introduced. For all we know, the only reason he ever made that tourguide page was to introduce Aku's realm. Walker's child is still nothing but speculation on our side.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:28 pm

I thought that if he already had an idea for a ghost child heir to Walker then in that case we would get to see a design early but I guess I will just have to wait and see.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Was there any hints for Chi before her release? I don't remember one. Also, Bleed could always recycle the Phantom twins for design.
Rocks

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!