It's a good day to die

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: It's a good day to die

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:19 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:shadownerd221, I believe he only makes 1 post, every single time a new page comes out.

He does. It kinda pisses me off, it shouldn't, but it does because its the same thing every time. Not exact, but he comes in, praises the page, asks a rhetorical question (at least I hope to hell they are) and disappears until the next update. It would be awesome if he and a few other people that I can see that are lurking, would post a little bit more with more detail and more often.

Ergotth wrote:(and hopefully, a rib or a finger will pierce Minnie's other eye....)

There isn't going to be enough force generated from an impact to cause that to happen. There would have to be a sizable explosion and then Minnie's reflex to turn and shield her face would reduce any debris from damaging her other eye would have to be override. The force of the supposed explosion to accelerate a projectile fast enough to get to Minnie before her reflexes kick in would incinerate anything within the denotation site, aka, Mimi, Jr, and Grim would be dead.

So sorry, your lust for vengeance against a justifiable act of jealous ain't going to happen. And I realize your statement wasn't serious. Others, probably won't.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby DarkKing » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:28 am

A thought just occurred to me, can Minnie still feel pain with the way her body is now? Like if she was stabbed for example. I can't remember if this stated/shown anywhere.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:51 am

That is a good question. Well lets see, Minnie's is by definition a ghoul/zombie (reanimated corpse if i don't know a dam thing i am currently writing). So her nerve system is still being used to move her body, but it is a dead body so it probably is damaged. My money is on that she doesn't feel pain due to having a previously dead body.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:00 am

This was discussed a few pages back, I thought the same thing. If she can't feel pain with that body, she can probably perform feats of super strength. I forgot how that conversation went about.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biocolor » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:09 pm

So what about emotional pain can she feel that?

Postby Xi-1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:39 pm

She feels emotional pain when she sees or thinks about Junior with Mimi, so obviously the answer is 'yes.'

I don't think Ergotth was talking about the eye that Minnie has, but the eye that Junior has, which originally came from Minnie. It would be a strange sort of symbolism if that got pierced by Junior's and Grim's bones, considering the symbolism of giving the other eye, and the light in which Minnie gave the eye in the first place: it would mean a deep severing of the link between Junior and Minnie, which would also reflect on the latter's emotional state -- all good stuff for HIM to use against Grim and Mandy.

Skulls in Grim's eye sockets are kinda redundant, ne?

I just imagined Grim looking up when he hears the sound of something whistling through the air toward him, looking at the camera and saying "me and me big mout'" with a completely deadpan expression, and then being completely shattered to pieces in the resulting impact -- with Junior, because someone else just saved Mimi from being a splat on the ground. Dunno who, though. Someone condemned to the Realm with connections to Mimi, though. Raven, maybe. Or perhaps Dexter.
A Page Flipper

Postby Havoc » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:43 am

@ari-6: Last page we where talking about Walkers possible child and who the mother would be. I was thinking what if it was Samantha from DP? Just a thought.

AkuTenshiiZero wrote:Oh God...It's going to take hours to sort out Jr and Grim's bones after this...

And all the king's horses, and all the king's men.

Darkingdomhearts wrote:I also imagined his voice to be similar to Mayuri. The voice of Nergal just doesn't fit in my opinion.

Same here. What do you imagine Grim Jr sounding like? I wanna say Naota from FLCL, but I'm wondering if Johnny Yong Bosch (Ichigo from Bleach) would fit? Anyone have any thought on that?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:21 pm

The voice of Zero is too cool for Jr. Maybe when he is older. Hey Havoc, drawing that OC is now top of my list. If you would like you can check out my entry to the competition and I do not know... Maybe vote. Providing of coarse I did not fumble my entry.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Biocolor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:31 pm

Ok what zero are we talking about.

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Zero from Code Geass. The most bad-ass magnificent bastard to ever play chess.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Sigment » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:48 pm

Forgot about that character. For a second, I thought that you meant Mega Man X's Zero. He voiced him in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Though I agree, Jr.'s too young for that voice. Perhaps Bryce Papenbrook, the guy who voices Kirito in Sword Art Online, would work.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:17 am

ari-6 wrote:The voice of Zero is too cool for Jr. Maybe when he is older.

I see your point. Ever since I started reading GT, Naota from FLCL is the voice I've used when I read his parts. However in After Birth, I imagined him sounding like Johnny Yong Bosch, because he was older and more bad-ass. But I guess he hasn't reached that level in this comic yet. I did love Code Geass. It was one of the few mech animes I ever got into. Zero was my avatar for a while.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Though I agree, Jr.'s too young for that voice. Perhaps Bryce Papenbrook, the guy who voices Kirito in Sword Art Online, would work.

I'm not familiar with Sword Art Online, but the voice of Masaomi Kida from Durarara, might fit him. I imagine adult Dexter sounding like Liam O'Brien with a robotic distortion, just thought I'd throw that out there.

ari-6 wrote:Hey Havoc, drawing that OC is now top of my list. If you would like you can check out my entry to the competition and I do not know... Maybe vote. Providing of coarse I did not fumble my entry.

Cool, I can't wait to see how your Walker Jr will turn out. The reason I brought up Sam as the mother is so you would have something to work with, also this kind of thing seems to be Bleeds specialty. Yes I saw your art entry, very nicely done btw.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:24 am

Havoc751 wrote:
Sigment Kurosai wrote:Though I agree, Jr.'s too young for that voice. Perhaps Bryce Papenbrook, the guy who voices Kirito in Sword Art Online, would work.

I'm not familiar with Sword Art Online, but the voice of Masaomi Kida from Durarara, might fit him.

Same voice actor for both characters, man.

The Resident Smartass

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:30 am

I think that is what he meant. Whenever I want to find out what a character sounds like in an anime I have not seen, I look at the cast list. Havoc I remember your old avatar. I remember thinking of asking you where you found it because I have a massive collection of Code Geass images but I do not have that one.
Last edited by ari-6 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Sigment » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:32 am

Ah, well if that's the case, then my bad.

The Resident Smartass

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:38 am

Hey Sigment, who was your avatar drawn by?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Sigment » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:45 am

No one that I know. It's promotional art for an anime called Sengoku Basara. The character's name is Masamune Date (Masamune is the family name).

The Resident Smartass

Postby DuncanWarlord » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:34 am

DarkKing wrote:Minnie...

Nice touch with the pic

Postby Sigment » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:15 am

I will likely be very disappointed if they kill Mimi here. I wouldn't care if they brought her back by one means or another. It's not that I think Mimi shouldn't ever die. I just think that now is a bad time to do it.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:57 am

How is it a bad time? Just curious on your opinion.

Oh and before I forget, Duncan please try to refrain from doing that, you quoted a large pic in a post, just to make a pointless statement.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:05 am

Sigment, why? Why would you bring that back up?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Sigment » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:17 am

@Tenshi It just feels like there's been too much build-up here. The death of a major character feels like it would have more impact when it's sudden, like a dagger in the back in the last panel when no one is expecting it(I know that example doesn't work here, but you get my point). This is just my personal opinion, though. You don't have to agree.

@Ari I just noticed that I never shared my thoughts on the subject. Dropping it now.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:25 am

You ain't dropping anything, the thread's finally getting some convo going lol

The build up is what makes it unexpected :D
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:50 am

I don't know... It's almost like Grim's "skull eyes" means that he is sensing an imminent death, and that Bleed is trying to make it obvious that it will happen, which it what would make it disappointing if it does happen. If they follow through with this and kill Mimi here, then it wouldn't feel very original (Though, I suppose that in a way, it would be. Most writers try to keep all relevant characters alive from start to finish). However, if they go somewhere else with this, depending on how it is done, then my interest would remain high. I suppose another thing is that if she does die on impact, I would not be looking forward to the mess of bits and pieces that would be her body.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:05 am

Obvious? Are you saying that you think Mimi's death is likely?
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!