Talk the talk now walk the walk

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Talk the talk now walk the walk

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:30 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:You called shakespearean english obnoxious?

Your trying to make him out to be a philistine but if you met someone in the modern day world who speaks Shakespearean all the time, you would think they were obnoxious. Also in all of Shakespeare's works the characters feel as if they'r are speaking poetry whereas in Minnie's lines, it just sounds like a really long winded way of saying "No don't." Just my opinion.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:38 pm

You're* :D
I'd love to have a friend like that. I'd interrupt them as the finally reach their point.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:45 pm

I'm not sure what the G-stika means but I'm going to assume it's a good thing.

Oh wait... Are you saying I am a grammar Nazi?
Last edited by ari-6 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:47 pm

I have no idea.
F U Im evil

Postby Vishock » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:01 pm

I did (It's not like read it a lot :v), I like the way Minnie speaks, I said it before, but it's obnoxious for me, since I have to translate it. Heck, even if I have to read it in spanish it's a bit annoying. Anyways

Ehue
Flaemis~
Flaemis

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:11 pm

I was calling myself a Grammar Nazi.
Tenshi Nova wrote:You're*
I just thought it was funny, while on the subject of language, you made a simple mistake.

Something interesting to point out, Minnie did say 'Nay', but the guard questioned it. I think Mandy probably doesn't care, and believes that the guard should listen, regardless the reasoning.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:21 pm

Sorry, I was screwed by spellcheck

Sorry, I stuttered.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Did you? I thought you sttutted. :happy:
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:37 pm

MY PUNCH LINE?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:50 pm

:devil: Killing it.

Now, I know I'm a little slow on the uptake, so some patience please.
Mandy mentioned a school, I wonder what the population of that school is.
Rocks

Postby Vishock » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:56 pm

The kids of the underworld maybe? I don't know...in fact, I wonder if Junior goes to school.
Flaemis~
Flaemis

Postby Cerulean » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:02 pm

I doubt anyone would forget you Tenshi but I fixed it anyway c:
Someone else Tenshi posted the links for the pages

I'd been wondering the same thing about the school. It also brings up the question as to whether or not Helga is still Minnie's tutor (we have yet to see her outside of a flashback). If Helga is still her tutor, then it would definitely explain why she still speaks in that manner. I wonder whether she'll keep the speech pattern as she grows older or if she will change it.
Last edited by Cerulean on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:04 pm

I don't think it was mentioned. Because most of GT is flash back they could still show him going to school but to introduce a highschool setting now would just feel wrong.
gott ist tot

Postby Vishock » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Grim used to go to highschool right? In fact, a school DOES exist, the one that Grim used to go. The flashbacks are just from they early childhood and some other things, maybe they skipped those parts. It's possible that Junior goes to school. I mean he's still a kid after all.-
Flaemis~
Flaemis

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:24 pm

I meant more towards a number of kids. Damn it, Vishock just gave me a thought.

I personally hope this won't happen, but one possibility is that this is all a vacation for Junior. When he goes back to school, Mimi would want to follow. Minnie would go out of jealousy, and Chi would go to 'protect' Mimi. I need to stop, my anime deprivation is starting to show.

Cerulean wrote:I doubt anyone would forget you Tenshi but I fixed it anyway c:

Fine, I'll bring back my Cocoa Pebbles. :D
This has been gnawing at me, Cerulean, your username was Bluebluetopaz, right?

I somehow messed up this post for 10 minutes straight. I am a failure to you all.   
Rocks

Postby Vishock » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Wait...I mean, in the time flow of the story, im pretty sure it haven't passed even 2 weeks since the story begun. And they were visiting Jack because of the Holidays (I think)...that means IT'S possible that if Junior it's in school, he's in a school break.
Flaemis~
Flaemis

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:37 pm

I know a few people would hate if this all led to a school based, slice of life, harem story. I personally, am not against it, as long as it is played out very well. But, I don't see how it can be.
Rocks

Postby Cerulean » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:32 pm

When you consider what arcs we still have to go through (Further Orientation, the war arc, and the resolution) then GT would feel as if it would never end if a school arc were to be added into the mix. I also get the feeling that some of the mysteries (Jr's Dad, Megaville, Heroes, etc.) would continue to get overlooked if more gets added to the story. Though I guess it ultimately depends on the execution.

@Tenshi yes I changed my username last night.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I know a few people would hate if this all led to a school based, slice of life, harem

NO! You said the H word! Quick! Change it before something horrible happens!... But what people are saying makes sense, I never say it didn't. The timeline of the story feels like less than a month.

Cerulean wrote:When you consider what arcs we still have to go through (Further Orientation, the war arc, and the resolution) then GT would feel as if it would never end if a school arc were to be added into the mix. I also get the feeling that some of the mysteries (Jr's Dad, Megaville, Heroes, etc.) would continue to get overlooked if more gets added to the story. Though I guess it ultimately depends on the execution.

Youre both right but piling a highschool theme on top of every thing else would make it way too cluttered, and introducing a theme like that after 10 yearp? Maybe he could introduce a highschool theme once a new ark hast arted but it would have to be a story that hasn't even bean hinted at yet and it would depend on the writing.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:38 pm

I really don't want a school at all xD
They would do that just so they can overlook certain mysteries and try to force it into a separate theme. I believe is was mentioned multiple times how Bleed might've dropped the ball on this. However they played it out would be up to them, but if they don't do it well, many people will be mad, probably stop reading too. They need to make it obvious that it's going to happen, while at the same time, interesting enough to satisfy people.

I preferred your other name >.> and color. :p
Rocks

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:04 pm

I'd rather have this back away from a highschool setting.
F U Im evil

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Again, it's all about how they play it out. I normally don't prefer stories in school scenes, with the exception of 4. If they plan to do this, all they would need to do is make sure it doesn't become shallow and cliche. I'd much rather a story revolved around wars, civil or not.
Rocks

Postby Havoc » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:46 am

I'll admit the School setting has a sort of 'charm' to it, but I feel like it would lose it's appeal rather fast. Unlike PpGD, GT wasn't built on a school setting, so the whole theme would feel a bit unnatural. I think we're better off without it.

Tenshi Nova wrote:They would do that just so they can overlook certain mysteries and try to force it into a separate theme. I believe is was mentioned multiple times how Bleed might've dropped the ball on this.

What do you mean by "Bleed dropping the ball"? You mean sidestepping answers?

Postby Cerulean » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:05 am

You know something I just realized, having the underworld kids in school would probably be the easiest/fastest way to dish out information (that we aren't already aware of). For instance, having an Underworld history class could reveal certain events in history that have led to the current situations in the Underworld. Him's destruction of Megaville, the Great Divide, and Aku's eventual retirement could be things that are revealed while studying or during a lesson. School gossip would reveal the secrets of certain student (possibly Jr's father or Chi's creation for instance?). However, it probably would come across as cliche/infodump.

@Tenshi it's still a (beautiful) shade of blue :p (also it brings back good memories of Pokemon (early anime & Red/Blue))

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:07 am

Sidestep answers, and to mention words that were used before, "I believe Bleed, wrote himself into a corner." I don't recall when and where I read this, only that it was on one of these forums.

Cerulean, the more I read your posts on these forums, the creepier and more awkward I feel. The idea of learning all these answers in history classes never occurred to me. The gossip between the students did, I imagined something along the lines of, Junior's friend in school questions his sudden group of princesses. I may be over reacting, but I personally believe that post was nothing short of creative genius. Still, I dislike the idea of this becoming a slice of life, school themed story. I just can't see how they'd play it out, in such a way, where the reader doesn't roll their eyes.

My favorite color is aqua. The ring from the name mainly.
Rocks

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!