Talk the talk now walk the walk

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Talk the talk now walk the walk

Postby Nina333 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:35 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:I really do hope Minnie and Mimi start a love/hate relationship, "frienemies?" I believe is a popular term for it.

I wonder how well kept the laws in the underworld are. For all we know the laws could just be mere suggestions to help keep what little peace they have.

I also had that thought before, but in this comic Grim doesn't seem to be the only person with a say when it comes to death. Why would Him start a war against immortals? I doubt the possibility of Mimi being put into a doll, like Minnie. Imagine the controversy, imagine the jealousy. :angry: <--Minnie all day

I think I would like to see Minnie and Mimi become friends since Mimi's only current female friend Chi seems to see her as a love interest. Mimi and Minnie don't really seem to have many friends their own age. That probably won't happen for awhile since Minnie sees Mimi as a rival for Junior's affections. I agree with you that Mimi will not be put in a doll's body. I'm thinking Mimi may get prosthetic hands if Junior has his Aunt Sally or somebody else to make the hands for her.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:40 am

That's an interesting idea but I feel if Mimi lost her claws it would be like losing a trademark.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Cerulean » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:24 pm

Maybe her claws would get an upgrade (and actually be made for fingers instead her arms)? That way she still has her claws, but still has hands in her human form (should she ever reconnect with the symbiote or whatever it's called). Can a symbiote, such as the one Mimi was attached to, be trained? I know this one feeds off of negative emotions, but should Mimi actually make more friends, would the she be able to force the symbiote to attach to her? Or would it attach period since she would (presumably) be happier than previously?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Vishock » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Some people talk about the ragdoll hands, I don't really know if that would work. But it's possible to make hands, somehow. I don't really know if the claws "get" an update, after all, they are the claws of the symbiote.

Besides, Mimi can be happy, like when she gets a muffin. I think it's more like..."train your emotions" sorta thing.

Congrats on your future 100 post, Blue (?)
Flaemis~
Flaemis

Postby Cerulean » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Yes, she can experience happiness, but would the symbiote still want to attach itself to her should she become happier? (EDIT: You know, I thought about it more afterwards and realized that it obviously wouldn't want to attach itself to her if it could find something/someone more negative to attach itself to. So lets just strike that question from the record. Also reworded some things.) Is it possible for her to force it to merge with herself so that she can become Her at will (Is this possible? Are symbiotes tameable?)? Then again.....(still thinking this through, feels like my thoughts and words aren't matching up exactly the way I want them to)

Oh and the reason that I thought that the claws would get an upgrade was due to the symbiote's ability to shapeshift. I figured that if she did get new hands (somehow), then should the symbiote reattach, it would adjust the way the claws are designed so that they fit her hands.

Thanks c: and to think it only took 6 years haha. Now to 200! Hopefully that doesn't take another 6 years :p
Last edited by Cerulean on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Neferius » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:18 pm

I missed Minnie's elaborate long-winded speeches ^^
Eternally Seeking,
Neferius.
Mage of Void

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:20 pm

I knew I recognized the name Blue topaz from when I used to read the forums but didn't post. I thought that but when looked at your number of posts I thought "Nah, couldn't be". Once again I completely missed the number under the picture.

I like your idea of controlling the symbiote, if she could concentrate on directing all her anger towards HIM I think it could happen. I always saw the symbiote as a separate conscious to Mimi and when it takes over she becomes a 3rd personality. If Mimi became a full Hero and not just an anti hero It would be cool seeing her only use the symbiote when she needed to and when she doesn't need it, it could turn into her ribbon. Don't know about upgraded claws though, also not sure how she could regain her hands.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Cerulean » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Yep, that's me :p I changed my username a little while ago. Blue is fine if you don't feel like typing out Cerulean (or any other shorthand), as long as I know who you're referring to.

I'm so glad that you understood what I was trying to get across. I edited my last post 5 times (at least) trying to make sense of what I wanted to get across (Every time I read it it just felt... off). I hadn't thought of the symbiote becoming her ribbon. That would be nice (and would also pay homage to Blossom).

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:16 pm

As interesting as the discussion is, the only things I wish to post are...

How would Mimi's death slow down the story?

The idea of Mimi controlling the symbiote is strange. Junior controlling the nergal, Chi controlling her morphing powers, AND Mimi learning to form the symbiote. We know ghosts can morph, some more than others. Add a Decepticon, and we can call the next generation the Transformers Era.

Also, I'm the best nicknamer. 8)
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:40 pm

I don't think Mimi dying would slow things down, it would be unexpected and things would only pick up pace after that. I just don't think its the best time for something like that even after what I just said. If there are to be unexpected twists I would like them to wait until after the trial. I am a believer that the tone should at least build up to a dramatic twist and things have been pretty light this chapter.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Build up? She had a further orientation, multiple flashbacks focused on her. Junior's attempting to protect her, and she spent the last few pages starving herself and hallucinating about muffins. She's had the last year, and more, what more of a build up would be necessary? I don't think the writers would do it, but damn, if they did, my interest for this would skyrocket past the other stuff I'm currently reading/watching.

Also, a light and calming chapter is the best place for a plot twist. Not to mention a story that takes place in hell is a perfect excuse to throw messed up stuff at the reader.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:12 pm

No I mean in this chapter. But your right, I think Mimi has had more spotlight than any other character to the point where we know pretty much everything about her by now. And as for the other characters, well there's not a lot to know. But we all know that this will go exactly as you might expect and three weeks from now we will be looking back at what could have been.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:17 pm

You sttutted again.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:47 pm

Forgiveth mine trespass for I hath committed a Folly most heinous indeed.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:51 pm

No.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Don't you mean Nay ?
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:06 pm

No.
Rocks

Postby Exodis » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:09 pm

Haha that was funny Tenshi. Good job.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:10 pm

Art thou implying mine mother to be a pox ridden wench?!
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:24 pm

No.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:46 pm

And art thou calling mine father a goodly rotten apple?!
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:50 pm

No.
Rocks

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Well I'm glad we got that cleared up but it really isn't nice to point out peoples speech impediments. Those people might have a complex. And they might get upset when people make fun of it... (sob)
gott ist tot

Postby Sigment » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:32 pm

Aw... I missed my chance to throw in "Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?".
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:01 am

That would have been perfect Sigment. Ari, you know I love you, shush.

Also, in case anyone hasn't noticed it before, prepare to be minimally mindblown.

The entire time I was referencing Mandy's suggestion to keep it to a simple 'No'.
Last edited by Tenshi Nova on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocks

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!