Switch to full style
Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!
Topic locked

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:49 pm


"Good news, everyone! Microsoft isn't going to use online authentication after all! Now if we could just get Prism to do the same..."
 

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:52 pm

Who's idea was it to stick in the XB1 joke, you or Bleed?
...
If emissaries came down from Heaven and started talking to me like that... I~ don't think you could get me to stop laughing.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:42 am

That would be bad if everyone would play the Xbox One (because clearly PS4 is better... quickly flies away)

But the pizza is the anti-Christ? Why don't I believe that? It would be more fitting if Skull Boy is the anti-Christ

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:40 am

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Who's idea was it to stick in the XB1 joke, you or Bleed?
...
If emissaries came down from Heaven and started talking to me like that... I~ don't think you could get me to stop laughing.


That joke in the comic was Bleedman's idea, the one for the news post on here was mine.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:25 am

I'm still in love with this comic keep it up u 2! Its my favorite thing bleedmans worked on AND THAT NIGGA WORKED ON A LOT OF SHIT so that means somethin!

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:But the pizza is the anti-Christ? Why don't I believe that? It would be more fitting if Skull Boy is the anti-Christ

Demons were chasing him around for a reason. Probably something to so with the pizza.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Fucking hell this entire situation is brilliant.

I would really love for this comic to get a decent following.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Pizza being evil? What madness is this?!

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:41 pm

The pizza is the Anti-Christ WTF? Also Gabe looks so cute in this page. Everyone is playing the xbox one hahahahaha we are all going to die.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:42 pm

personally i think they're just hungry, and decided to mess with him a bit before getting the pizza. or they're trying to get out of paying for it.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:41 am

shadownerd221 wrote:Pizza being evil? What madness is this?!


Madness? This-is-BLEEDMAN! *kick into pit*
...also, This-is-an-old-reference! *picks back up and kicks again*

Really its that one particular pizza that's evil, maybe Seven Circles of Pizza has some evil secrets behind it...

nightarix wrote:personally i think they're just hungry, and decided to mess with him a bit before getting the pizza. or they're trying to get out of paying for it.


That could also be a possibility, the delivery service in Heaven probably suuucks, it's hard to deliver pizza somewhere that's so high up.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:08 pm

I'm still kind of face-palming at Gabriel being a little kid (Seriously, Bleedman, can we get one comic without the little kids?) but I think the writing make this worth it. I'm now stuck with the mental image of these badass angelic warriors punching in to work every day, going on lunch breaks, etc. I wonder how much being an angel pays? Do they get dental?

Also, a bit off topic but it's in your sig staring me in the face: What is going on with Fish Quarry? As much as I enjoy Skull Boy, I've been wanting to see Fish Quarry going places ever since I saw Punk's design (Seriously, he's awesome).

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:03 pm

AkuTenshiiZero wrote:(Seriously, Bleedman, can we get one comic without the little kids?)

This is going to surprise you, possibly shock you, may even upset you. But this comic isn't made by Bleedman. All he does is the art, its Skull-Boy's.

So you're criticizing the wrong guy.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
AkuTenshiiZero wrote:(Seriously, Bleedman, can we get one comic without the little kids?)

This is going to surprise you, possibly shock you, may even upset you. But this comic isn't made by Bleedman. All he does is the art, its Skull-Boy's.

So you're criticizing the wrong guy.


This is going to surprise you, possibly shock you, may even upset you. But character designs are the job of the artist. Unless Greg says Lil' Gabe was his idea, I'm going to continue to assume that it was an artistic choice made by the guy who has no less than three separate comics starring a cast of primarily preteens.

Also, nothing pisses me off more than when someone with power on a forum acts like an asshole.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:13 pm

He woulda said that without being a Mod, it's his personality.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:45 pm

I think he's saying he hates it more so when they also have power. I find light banter fun to read and be a part of, it forces the other side to think. :)

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:46 pm

Tuor wrote:He woulda said that without being a Mod, it's his personality.

Yup.

AkuTenshiiZero wrote: But character designs are the job of the artist. Unless Greg says Lil' Gabe was his idea, I'm going to continue to assume that it was an artistic choice made by the guy who has no less than three separate comics starring a cast of primarily preteens.

You may continue with your assumptions, but remember that this isn't Bleedman's comic. none of his "artistic" takes are going to be permitted unless Skull-Boy approves of it.

So stop crediting Bleedman, and give it to the guy who owns the comic.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:10 am

Tuor wrote:He woulda said that without being a Mod, it's his personality.


Then he shouldn't be a mod.

Anyways the argument is moot. I know full well that Greg is writing this thing, but I guess somehow Bleedman can be the artist and yet not have any control at all over how things look, because Blood Lord says so and a guy with that many glowing testimonials in his sig can never be wrong. I'll be frank, you're an egotistical jerk and it's been bothering me ever since I started posting around here. But this isn't the place to discuss that, and I don't feel like getting banned because you won some sort of popularity contest. I've already let you troll me enough.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:18 am

Ironically enough, that is the reason why I am a mod.

Well, you can always go to the EA section and discuss it with me there. That would allow other people who feel the same way as you come forth and talk about any problems as well. You can always PM me too. Its been a long standing policy of mine that if someone has a problem to just send me a message and discuss it.

You have to discuss it in a civilized manner though, or I do ban/warn you for harassment.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:26 pm

gabriel now really looks like a guy. last page sort of made me think gabriel was a girl actually("gabriel" is gender neutral...)

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:53 pm

AkuTenshiiZero wrote:I'm still kind of face-palming at Gabriel being a little kid (Seriously, Bleedman, can we get one comic without the little kids?) but I think the writing make this worth it. I'm now stuck with the mental image of these badass angelic warriors punching in to work every day, going on lunch breaks, etc. I wonder how much being an angel pays? Do they get dental?

Also, a bit off topic but it's in your sig staring me in the face: What is going on with Fish Quarry? As much as I enjoy Skull Boy, I've been wanting to see Fish Quarry going places ever since I saw Punk's design (Seriously, he's awesome).


I'm hoping I can set a few things straight to your questions, as I appreciate feedback, and sorry if I didn't answer fast enough, this weekend was pretty busy for me. So, to make one thing clear, Bleedman is the one who comes up with designs for characters outside of my own, and I pretty much let him do his own thing with it. It's mostly his story as well, so I think it's okay to consider this mostly a Bleedman comic with my stamp of approval on it.

Basically I let him do what he wants and I chime in when I don't like something, I have no problem with Gabriel's design, I'm really into the idea of a badass being in a rather nonthreatening form, especially with such a feminine appearance, that just makes it lean towards even more comedic possibilities.

Also, about Fish Quarry, I'm really glad you're interested and I'm sorry for the long wait, I've been sitting on it a while and have recently decided to start making finished pages for the comic to release soon. Things are going well, and the reason for the long wait has mostly been due to me being very protective of this project, and I feel confident enough to start releasing real material, as opposed to more concept art.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:42 pm

To be clear, it's not so much that I dislike Gabriel. It's more just an eye-rolling at Bleedman finding a reason to draw another preteen character, and the dashing of a minor hope that we could get through a comic without another loli/shota character. Naturally, you can't please everybody and some people aren't going to like certain aspects, but on the whole I'm liking the comic. Though a large part of me is looking forward to the return of the proper Skull Boy comics, as they brought a variation in flavor this site has been sorely in need of. One cannot live by Bleedman alone, after all.

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:28 am

I actually enjoy Deliver Us Evil more than the original Skull-Boy *blinks*
Topic locked