Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Skull-Boy666 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:49 pm

"Good news, everyone! Microsoft isn't going to use online authentication after all! Now if we could just get Prism to do the same..."

I'm in your house, touching your stuff

Re: Deliver Us Evil: Gabriel calls it a come back (Pg.10)

Postby Sigment » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:52 pm

Who's idea was it to stick in the XB1 joke, you or Bleed?
If emissaries came down from Heaven and started talking to me like that... I~ don't think you could get me to stop laughing.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:42 am

That would be bad if everyone would play the Xbox One (because clearly PS4 is better... quickly flies away)

But the pizza is the anti-Christ? Why don't I believe that? It would be more fitting if Skull Boy is the anti-Christ
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Skull-Boy666 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:40 am

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Who's idea was it to stick in the XB1 joke, you or Bleed?
If emissaries came down from Heaven and started talking to me like that... I~ don't think you could get me to stop laughing.

That joke in the comic was Bleedman's idea, the one for the news post on here was mine.

Postby mosama » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:25 am

I'm still in love with this comic keep it up u 2! Its my favorite thing bleedmans worked on AND THAT NIGGA WORKED ON A LOT OF SHIT so that means somethin!
mosama.tumblr.com

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:But the pizza is the anti-Christ? Why don't I believe that? It would be more fitting if Skull Boy is the anti-Christ

Demons were chasing him around for a reason. Probably something to so with the pizza.
Undisputed best cosplayer of snafu

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Fucking hell this entire situation is brilliant.

I would really love for this comic to get a decent following.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby shadownerd221 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Pizza being evil? What madness is this?!

Postby Drago2552 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:41 pm

The pizza is the Anti-Christ WTF? Also Gabe looks so cute in this page. Everyone is playing the xbox one hahahahaha we are all going to die.

Postby nightarix » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:42 pm

personally i think they're just hungry, and decided to mess with him a bit before getting the pizza. or they're trying to get out of paying for it.

Postby Skull-Boy666 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:41 am

shadownerd221 wrote:Pizza being evil? What madness is this?!

Madness? This-is-BLEEDMAN! *kick into pit*
...also, This-is-an-old-reference! *picks back up and kicks again*

Really its that one particular pizza that's evil, maybe Seven Circles of Pizza has some evil secrets behind it...

nightarix wrote:personally i think they're just hungry, and decided to mess with him a bit before getting the pizza. or they're trying to get out of paying for it.

That could also be a possibility, the delivery service in Heaven probably suuucks, it's hard to deliver pizza somewhere that's so high up.

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:08 pm

I'm still kind of face-palming at Gabriel being a little kid (Seriously, Bleedman, can we get one comic without the little kids?) but I think the writing make this worth it. I'm now stuck with the mental image of these badass angelic warriors punching in to work every day, going on lunch breaks, etc. I wonder how much being an angel pays? Do they get dental?

Also, a bit off topic but it's in your sig staring me in the face: What is going on with Fish Quarry? As much as I enjoy Skull Boy, I've been wanting to see Fish Quarry going places ever since I saw Punk's design (Seriously, he's awesome).

Postby Guardian » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:03 pm

AkuTenshiiZero wrote:(Seriously, Bleedman, can we get one comic without the little kids?)

This is going to surprise you, possibly shock you, may even upset you. But this comic isn't made by Bleedman. All he does is the art, its Skull-Boy's.

So you're criticizing the wrong guy.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
AkuTenshiiZero wrote:(Seriously, Bleedman, can we get one comic without the little kids?)

This is going to surprise you, possibly shock you, may even upset you. But this comic isn't made by Bleedman. All he does is the art, its Skull-Boy's.

So you're criticizing the wrong guy.

This is going to surprise you, possibly shock you, may even upset you. But character designs are the job of the artist. Unless Greg says Lil' Gabe was his idea, I'm going to continue to assume that it was an artistic choice made by the guy who has no less than three separate comics starring a cast of primarily preteens.

Also, nothing pisses me off more than when someone with power on a forum acts like an asshole.

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:13 pm

He woulda said that without being a Mod, it's his personality.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:45 pm

I think he's saying he hates it more so when they also have power. I find light banter fun to read and be a part of, it forces the other side to think. :)
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:46 pm

Tuor wrote:He woulda said that without being a Mod, it's his personality.

Yup.

AkuTenshiiZero wrote: But character designs are the job of the artist. Unless Greg says Lil' Gabe was his idea, I'm going to continue to assume that it was an artistic choice made by the guy who has no less than three separate comics starring a cast of primarily preteens.

You may continue with your assumptions, but remember that this isn't Bleedman's comic. none of his "artistic" takes are going to be permitted unless Skull-Boy approves of it.

So stop crediting Bleedman, and give it to the guy who owns the comic.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:10 am

Tuor wrote:He woulda said that without being a Mod, it's his personality.

Then he shouldn't be a mod.

Anyways the argument is moot. I know full well that Greg is writing this thing, but I guess somehow Bleedman can be the artist and yet not have any control at all over how things look, because Blood Lord says so and a guy with that many glowing testimonials in his sig can never be wrong. I'll be frank, you're an egotistical jerk and it's been bothering me ever since I started posting around here. But this isn't the place to discuss that, and I don't feel like getting banned because you won some sort of popularity contest. I've already let you troll me enough.

Postby Guardian » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:18 am

Ironically enough, that is the reason why I am a mod.

Well, you can always go to the EA section and discuss it with me there. That would allow other people who feel the same way as you come forth and talk about any problems as well. You can always PM me too. Its been a long standing policy of mine that if someone has a problem to just send me a message and discuss it.

You have to discuss it in a civilized manner though, or I do ban/warn you for harassment.

Semper Vigilans

Postby silvercover » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:26 pm

gabriel now really looks like a guy. last page sort of made me think gabriel was a girl actually("gabriel" is gender neutral...)

Postby Skull-Boy666 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:53 pm

AkuTenshiiZero wrote:I'm still kind of face-palming at Gabriel being a little kid (Seriously, Bleedman, can we get one comic without the little kids?) but I think the writing make this worth it. I'm now stuck with the mental image of these badass angelic warriors punching in to work every day, going on lunch breaks, etc. I wonder how much being an angel pays? Do they get dental?

Also, a bit off topic but it's in your sig staring me in the face: What is going on with Fish Quarry? As much as I enjoy Skull Boy, I've been wanting to see Fish Quarry going places ever since I saw Punk's design (Seriously, he's awesome).

I'm hoping I can set a few things straight to your questions, as I appreciate feedback, and sorry if I didn't answer fast enough, this weekend was pretty busy for me. So, to make one thing clear, Bleedman is the one who comes up with designs for characters outside of my own, and I pretty much let him do his own thing with it. It's mostly his story as well, so I think it's okay to consider this mostly a Bleedman comic with my stamp of approval on it.

Basically I let him do what he wants and I chime in when I don't like something, I have no problem with Gabriel's design, I'm really into the idea of a badass being in a rather nonthreatening form, especially with such a feminine appearance, that just makes it lean towards even more comedic possibilities.

Also, about Fish Quarry, I'm really glad you're interested and I'm sorry for the long wait, I've been sitting on it a while and have recently decided to start making finished pages for the comic to release soon. Things are going well, and the reason for the long wait has mostly been due to me being very protective of this project, and I feel confident enough to start releasing real material, as opposed to more concept art.

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:42 pm

To be clear, it's not so much that I dislike Gabriel. It's more just an eye-rolling at Bleedman finding a reason to draw another preteen character, and the dashing of a minor hope that we could get through a comic without another loli/shota character. Naturally, you can't please everybody and some people aren't going to like certain aspects, but on the whole I'm liking the comic. Though a large part of me is looking forward to the return of the proper Skull Boy comics, as they brought a variation in flavor this site has been sorely in need of. One cannot live by Bleedman alone, after all.

Postby KingofInsanity » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:28 am

I actually enjoy Deliver Us Evil more than the original Skull-Boy *blinks*
James Bond + Chuck Norris + Bill Gates X infinity = Seto Kaiba
James Bond + Chuck Norris + Bill Gates X infinity Equals Seto Kaiba

Return to Comic Updates and News!