Relax, it's just bromance

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Relax, it's just bromance

Postby Xi-1 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:30 pm

I believe the term is 'Xanatos Gambit.' And HIM is definitely the type of person to pull them off. Again, that's why his sincerity toward not getting Chi involved stymied me: I immediately thought he would manipulate her into going in and rescuing Mimi. Maybe he's just playing a longer game than that, and maybe he's not. As Blood Lord said to me before, we can speculate however reading too much into it isn't very useful. We'll just have to wait and see.

Hunsen Aberdeer seems to go on rampages whenever he can, absorbing beings' souls -- even those in his own realm, which is a lot of fire and brimstone, with lots of really long lines, which take months just to find out you're in the wrong line, or it's a line to get vapourized or absorbed. Hunsen manipulated Marceline into putting on an amulet that transformed her into a similar being, so she would 'take over the family business.' Oh, and he also stole her fries, inspiring one of her songs.

Further backstory is required regarding Simon, or rather he is the backstory. For the Ice King. You should really watch those episodes, however be warned that they transform your perspective on Ice King's character from a hopeless nut to a tragic figure, who calls anyone he cares about 'Gunther.'
A Page Flipper

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:35 pm

I don't really watch Adventure Time. Not voluntary at least. I find it obnoxious.

So Ice King obsesses not only princesses, but penguins too. But he's really the only character I really like. He has a surprising amount of depth.
F U Im evil

Postby Krest » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:47 pm

SHIPPING IKRA X HIM NOW :D

Seriously, the most evil entity in the entire universe would be born from them, taught by Evil Danny, steal the Eye (of Nergal) and the Scythe, reap the other Overlords, and...more.

Or they'd end up like Minimandy and be the shining light of Goodness, for irony's sake.

Or both?

Seriously though, I REALLY want to see their offspring.
Last edited by Krest on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:51 pm

I think you just lost it right there.
F U Im evil

Postby ari-6 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Xi-1 wrote:I believe the term is 'Xanatos Gambit.

Xanatos roulette is when multiple gambits pile on top of each other, if i knew how to make on then I would link you to a page explaining it.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:39 pm

Krest wrote:SHIPPING IKRA X AKU NOW

... you do realize that is the same person, right?

Furthermore, we could go into detail on how that could have already happened and resulted in Chi.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:50 am

For those whom need a refresher and or even care :
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=187
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:18 am

Blood Lord wrote:Furthermore, we could go into detail on how that could have already happened and resulted in Chi.

Self-cest? Why not. Creeper things have happened in this comic. For the record I ship Batman x Bruce Wayne. nothing creepy about that.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Krest » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:21 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Krest wrote:SHIPPING IKRA X AKU NOW

... you do realize that is the same person, right?

Furthermore, we could go into detail on how that could have already happened and resulted in Chi.

Yeeeeah.... The heat of the moment must have made me brainspasm.

It was supposed to be Ikra x Him. Fixed now.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:53 am

ari-6 wrote:Self-cest?

No, its called masturbation.

Krest wrote:It was supposed to be Ikra x Him. Fixed now.

It's still Aku, and I doubt it.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:26 am

I think a lot of people seem to ignore the page title.
F U Im evil

Postby LegionaireB » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:36 am

So WHY is Aku still 'dressed' as Ikra?

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:55 am

Because he can.
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:59 am

LegionaireB wrote:So WHY is Aku still 'dressed' as Ikra?

Because artists can be horny fucks.
Mercypostle

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:04 am

That too.
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Seriously guys. Just relax, and read the title of the comic update. Artists, directors, and similar people do things for fun and because they look cool and/or sexy.
Mercypostle

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Totally pointless fan service. Solution: more cold showers.
gott ist tot

Postby Biocolor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Can we move off the topic if Ikra and HIM having sex already!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:51 pm

We were trying to do that.
F U Im evil

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:23 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:I don't really watch Adventure Time. Not voluntary at least. I find it obnoxious.

So Ice King obsesses not only princesses, but penguins too. But he's really the only character I really like. He has a surprising amount of depth.

I still enjoy the show very much xD. Ice King has the best back-story of all the characters in the show, even greater than Marceline (although she is a great part of his history) You should watch "Holly Jolly Christmas Secrets" part 1 and 2 and "Simon and Marcy" I assure you will like it
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Adventure time is pretty much all my little sister watches. I already seen those episodes. After a while I decided to watch one piece episodes on the laptop when she had her shows on. Or go watch netflix on my xbox.
F U Im evil

Postby Krest » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:12 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:I think a lot of people seem to ignore the page title.

I didn't ignore the page title, I just stated an opinion based on what I saw.

Plus, the title does not suggest it will STAY bromance until the end of time.

I thought the two looked good together, and so I started shipping them - title or no title.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:14 am

You're not listening if you don't think it will "stay" bromance.
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:04 pm

Krest wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:I think a lot of people seem to ignore the page title.

I didn't ignore the page title, I just stated an opinion based on what I saw.

Plus, the title does not suggest it will STAY bromance until the end of time.

I thought the two looked good together, and so I started shipping them - title or no title.

Look, if you want to start shipping them in a fanfic, go ahead. But it isn't happening in the comic. It's not only suggested, nor hinted, but commanded in the title.

When you develop theories and ideas, it has to have some concrete evidence to stand on, not the sort of fluffy shit that dreams, hopes, and wishes are made on. Should you ignore that fundamental philosophical and logical principle, then I have by full right the authority and power to make you look like a dumb ass. Just a heads up on that.

So if you want to go ship a gay relationship between Aku and Him, there is a Literature section in the site. Go knock yourself out. But as for here, you don't let your personal feelings mix into comic interpretations. Especially when you have the title of the page counteracting what you are saying.
Mercypostle

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:06 pm

Blood lord, yes, to him you listen.
F U Im evil

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!