Programmable Hatred

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:43 pm

BeeAre: Too many alternate titles to count. So many ideas with masks and real people and robots and how hate and anger are too often simulated to further someone else's idea. One thing I noticed and liked, however: we see each of the current three players on Team Bad Guy as examples of various forms of the page title. So I thought I would bring attention to that idea. It's kinda neat. ...I mean, I like it. Don't want to go off the deep end into MSG4 "War Has Changed" stuff with you guys. Unless you independently want to. Go nuts!

Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Programmable Hatred

Postby daviso452 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:52 pm

God dammit Bell. She didn't hit him! For some bizarre reason, Blossom was actually being nice by not hurting GIR!!!!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:09 pm

daviso452 wrote:God dammit Bell. She didn't hit him! For some bizarre reason, Blossom was actually being nice by not hurting GIR!!!!

You do reallize that Blossom scared Bell really badly. Gir was Bell's only true friend left. If my friends were being threatened I would kill the B!tch.
Not Space Jesus

Postby shadownerd221 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Blossom is dead. Buttercup vs. Samantha is getting intense.

Postby Zen » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:21 pm

things are starting to heat up. its been a while since buttercups fight, hope she gets jacks sword back which now that i think about it..... can it even hurt her?

Postby tri_force_91489 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Well things are about to get a little interesting but I could be wrong, what's your take on this blood lord?

Postby Sigmas » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:01 am

Ikuzo... The real fight starts now! Kakatte koi!
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:44 am

I have a feeling that we will see Samantha's true form in the following pages
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:09 am

Zen wrote:things are starting to heat up. its been a while since buttercups fight, hope she gets jacks sword back which now that i think about it..... can it even hurt her?

i think it can because Aku uses nothing but robots to fight jack
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby stratus » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:02 am

Sam V. Buttercup seems really 1 sided. seems like her machinery can compete with buttercups chemical X powers. shes looking alot worse than when she was last scene making that death threat to butter cup. shes now missing like 4 teeth and half her face. synthetic flesh torn. blood dripping. not saying i want sam to win but dont make it such a stomp. have buttercup at least bleed some. heck even Mandark managed to get blossom to bleed. infact he later even killed her by drowning her (with water) in a death trap.

by the way how much of a robot is sam now? im guessing shes sort of a "terminator" now. but is thier anything left of her human self? we know she was born a human girl and she became the ring leader of street gang that uses their "robot mons" for juvenile mischeif and crime .. (medabots anime) at some point she graduated to major league crime and got involved with cluster /dark star council. (PPGD) at that time i remember seeing her with 1 robot arm after her 1st fight with butter cup and shes says she wanted to be "fullmetal". is her brain still there or did she import her memories into a computer brain? also would she still have a "soul" were she to die at this point?
Last edited by stratus on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Xi-1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:10 am

"We all wear masks, but which one is real? The one that hides your face, or the one that is your face?"
- Green Goblin, Spectacular Spider-Man

Just something of which this page reminded me.

Everyone's got her (or his) battle face on now, as though they weren't already ready to be serious. That seems odd, given the nature of the fights so far: I'd have thought the kid gloves were already off, literally in Sam's case, although in her case all she's suffered are flesh wounds -- and underneath that is cold, hard steel.

I take it from Blossom's calmness that she has a plan. I hope it consists of more than keeping Bell's and Gir's attention on her, instead of on setting the bomb so it can go off -- because with both of them ready to attack, that diversion may not last very long. We have seen Bell beat Blossom before, and it wasn't pretty then, when Bell was being silly and playful about it. Now she's ready to Punctuate for Emphasis.

Finally, on the "Programmable Hatred" front, I would like to note that truth and a better solution can often be found behind and beyond the programming. Regardless of whether or not Blossom succeeds in showing Bell that they can be friends despite fighting on opposing sides, we do know the bomb goes off, unfortunately. I wonder if Bell's hairband is magnetic, or if it can be knocked off.

Also, good callback with the Sherlock thing. Is Bell going to be a more or less focused fighter now?
A Page Flipper

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Well, considering that the bomb has been temporarily disabled, and bell isn't up for stalling anymore, she's really going to get serious now.
Not Space Jesus

Postby RickDaBrick » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Zen wrote:things are starting to heat up. its been a while since buttercups fight, hope she gets jacks sword back which now that i think about it..... can it even hurt her?

If they use the sword the way it was in the show then no. If you remember back to the episode in which Aku turned human size and fought Jack. Aku actually takes the sword away from him and try’s to stab Jack but it does not harm him. This was due to the sword cannot harm those of good but only evil.

Postby konata50 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Wow Bell has so much more beautiful long hair than i thought so made and serious yet still Cute if i was her opponent i would probably not even notice i died cause i was to busy adoring her :3 lol i love cute to much thank god...Something tells me Bells fighting Style is going to change drastically "hypothetically" or "metaphorically" i dont know which words the right one go super sayian and make Blossom get so scared she wets herself i know i would if someone magically put me into this comic lol

and MAN sam is getting owned not even a scratch on Buttercup yet
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:44 pm

tri_force_91489 wrote:Well things are about to get a little interesting but I could be wrong, what's your take on this blood lord?

Not a lot. It was already revealed what the end of the battle results in about a year ago, I think. It does shed clearer light on how far Sam went with her robotics.

stratus wrote:by the way how much of a robot is sam now? im guessing shes sort of a "terminator" now. but is thier anything left of her human self?

From what we know from BR, the brain is still left.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:45 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
stratus wrote:by the way how much of a robot is sam now? im guessing shes sort of a "terminator" now. but is thier anything left of her human self?

What other cyborgs have that sort of trait? The "only the Brain left" part, I can only think of Cybermen for some reason.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Drago2552 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:08 pm

i love bells hair style it looks so bad ass. Also did her voice change a bit because it turned bold.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:25 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:

What other cyborgs have that sort of trait? The "only the Brain left" part, I can only think of Cybermen for some reason.

The specific term for such a cyborg is a "full body cyborg", in which the brain is really the only thing human left.
The "full body replacement" cyborgs in the Anime "Ghost in the Shell" have this.
Briareos Hecatonchires from Appleseed is one.
Iron Man and War Machine have spent time like this.
General Gervious from Star Wars, although he does have his heart still.
Robo Cop has quite a bit, although his spinal cord and most of the face is intact.
Just about any Alastair Reynolds novel.
I think the Tin Woodsman from The Wizard of Oz.
You could count the Dragoons from Starcraft, but that completely depends on the extent of damage done to the protoss who was put into it.

Those are the ones that I have been able to find. This is a rather extreme field of cybernetics, and not many touch on it, either preferring to go all the way to robot, or your traditional cyborg.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fury4Justice » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:57 pm

o.O Why do we have two threads for the new PPGD comic?

Postby Archrival » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Fury4Justice wrote:o.O Why do we have two threads for the new PPGD comic?

You must be very new, one is a bot created thread based on the upload, the second is Bleedman's comment on the imsge that creates this thread.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Archrival » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:

The specific term for such a cyborg is a "full body cyborg", in which the brain is really the only thing human left.
The "full body replacement" cyborgs in the Anime "Ghost in the Shell" have this.
Briareos Hecatonchires from Appleseed is one.
Iron Man and War Machine have spent time like this.
General Gervious from Star Wars, although he does have his heart still.
Robo Cop has quite a bit, although his spinal cord and most of the face is intact.
Just about any Alastair Reynolds novel.
I think the Tin Woodsman from The Wizard of Oz.
You could count the Dragoons from Starcraft, but that completely depends on the extent of damage done to the protoss who was put into it.

Those are the ones that I have been able to find. This is a rather extreme field of cybernetics, and not many touch on it, either preferring to go all the way to robot, or your traditional cyborg.

Franky from One Piece is now pretty much like this in a sense.

Edit: Haters gonna hate for double post.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Fury4Justice » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Archrival wrote:

You must be very new, one is a bot created thread based on the upload, the second is Bleedman's comment on the imsge that creates this thread.

Yeah, I rarely post in this forum despite being a longtime follower of the PPGD, GTFDB, Sugar Bits, and Naruto: Heroes Path comics -- first started reading about 3-4 years ago, IIRC.

Postby venom0825 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:32 pm

Sam doesn't look like she will last long and we all have a good picter of how the fight between Bell and Blossom is going to end.
no hope

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Fury4Justice wrote:
Archrival wrote:

Yeah, I rarely post in this forum despite being a longtime follower of the PPGD, GTFDB, Sugar Bits, and Naruto: Heroes Path comics -- first started reading about 3-4 years ago, IIRC.

You should post more often. Gives us all something to do while we all wait for the update.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Sounds like you are suggesting that so we can tear them into pieces.

I like it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!