New Grim Tales Comic: "Tourists Guide to the Underworld"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:38 am

Wonder if Mandy is going to give birth to Evil Danny's kid/kids in this chapter?
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:15 am

Dr. Mandalor wrote:Wonder if Mandy is going to give birth to Evil Danny's kid/kids in this chapter?

yeah with a time skip it's defiantly possible, though i'd feel that if that happened, we'd see minnie going off. she isn't as cute as she use to be and she doesn't have her powers. she doesn't seem ignorant of her mother's ways, so she probably feels like she is useless in her mothers eyes now. without power, why would mandy care about her? sure it could very well be that mandy does care for her kids, but to minnie i don't know. she probably feels like her welcome in her own home is shrinking. due to this i can see her doing some really desperate things. maybe i'm wrong, but i feel perhaps minnie will play (not quite an antagonist role but) as an opposition in some progress or impede them in some way.

while we keep talking about what is to come, there seems to be alot of blossom talk. look sleeping with two people doesn't make you a whore, sleeping with someone to save lives (in some not yet described manner) doesn't make you one either, yes now it has blossom in two relationships, with demons, no it doesn't detract from either's importance. i like what bleedman has done so far, haven't you guys. we're only riled up because we don't have the whole story and we're filling in the blanks. once the full explanation is known, then pass judgement.

Mimi not being the focus is a welcome change, though i hope she still plays a major part. i feel Jr. will be more suited in fighting this new child, than mimi.

just had to add something, the conversation has gotten pretty long and i've been too busy to comment back. though i was thinking of something lately, how does grim and minnie interact? minnie knows he isn't her dad, but his closer than a step parent. just a thought.

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:12 pm

I think the Minnie and Grim relationship is a lot like the ones in reality. Say your dad died in a war, and your mom finds someone after you get born. If it is early( like 5 or less) you are likely to treat that person as your actual father. So she probably thinks of Grim as her father figure, and Negral as her uncle.

Also I think Uncle Negral visited the kids when they were growing up often.( Photo album) So she might have known Negral was her biological father.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Postby Guardian » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:
Dr. Mandalor wrote:Wonder if Mandy is going to give birth to Evil Danny's kid/kids in this chapter?

yeah with a time skip it's defiantly possible, though i'd feel that if that happened, we'd see minnie going off.

Yeah, I just wanted to rain on your parade about that. As you both probably know, AfterBirth is no longer considered canon. So all of that stuff never happened. I the current comic though, there seems to be an indication that Dark Danny left before he could have sex with Mandy. this is towards the end of that arc where Mimi gets captured.

Now there is a notion that the two did it before that arc started, hence why Mandy was in the shower. However that is when the proposition was brought up.

Another observation is you don't know if there was even a time skip, yet. Notice that Mimi hasn't aged at all.

Dr. Mandalor wrote:Also I think Uncle Negral visited the kids when they were growing up often.( Photo album) So she might have known Negral was her biological father.

There is an hint in the comic that she came to this conclusion by herself, and Nergal Jr held some sort of title, like Captain of the Guard or something. Actually, I don't even think it was a hint. It in the period where Jr is seeing Mimi's memories.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:24 pm

Mentioning Afterbirth, do you think we are going to start time jumping every few years. Age doesn't really affect those in the underworld after maturity. So Him could have a plan spanning decades involving the Grim Family.
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Is it just me or both main antagonists in PPGD and GT are very similar. They have carefully detailed plans, they both have a "daughter", and their daughters have humor based on memes.
Never anger a magician

Postby Krest » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:52 am

Okay, if we're going to talk about alternate timelines and changing the future...

FusionFall.

Just putting that out there.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Guardian » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:42 am

The hell is wrong with you people? Stop posting in old update threads, next one to do this will be getting warnings.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!