New Grim Tales Comic: "Tourists Guide to the Underworld"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Nina333 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:49 am

This guide helps all the levels of the underworld make sense.

Postby silvercover » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:49 am

well I think one of the other layers/section could be nergal's domain. nergal is pretty strong yet he's not really as famous/known like other characters.
then again, maybe it will be from another cartoon series since it might be too much for the grim's series to have too much footing even if it is the titular series.

so far, all those realms have their own respective characters appeared before in GT and PPGD, so perhaps we need to look at one of the existing/shown characters to get a hint of one of them.

hmm. did dexter's laboratory have some sort of hell/underworld? courage the cowardly dog had some alternate dimensional hell/something I think?
Romance Expert

Postby wonder3 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:10 am

silvercover wrote:well I think one of the other layers/section could be nergal's domain. nergal is pretty strong yet he's not really as famous/known like other characters.
then again, maybe it will be from another cartoon series since it might be too much for the grim's series to have too much footing even if it is the titular series.

so far, all those realms have their own respective characters appeared before in GT and PPGD, so perhaps we need to look at one of the existing/shown characters to get a hint of one of them.

hmm. did dexter's laboratory have some sort of hell/underworld? courage the cowardly dog had some alternate dimensional hell/something I think?

Considering that Dexter's Laboratory was science based and they added segments of the justice friends I guess Nifelheim could be one of the realms.
As for courage he went to many pocket dimensions but i do not think any were hell.
Another possible is the demon from spawn,Malebolgia in the eighth circle of Hell.
Lets not forget the fact a tiny devil was already shown as a ruler when they were talking about billy and apparently it was the leader but not the one incharge.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby stratus » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:35 am

so the last page wanst a joke afterall though the biggest joke came from the fact that it had people speculating and overthinking the page like crazy, spawn influxes of both new and inactive members and generating the most buzz out of the 3 pages to be released on april 1st . also means that bleedman liked the Aku-Blossom OC idea enough to officially adopt it into grim tales series cannon.

sidenote: good greif even HIM is stated to not be on Mandy's level. shes 1 evil beach.
Last edited by stratus on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:40 am

I'm wondering if Malbolgia is ruler of one of the other 2 realms, since we know from earlier chapters that Spawn characters exist in this continuity and the realm Junior and Minnie were wandering into was populated by Spawn, Violator, and his brothers. I wonder where that realm falls into the order of things, what it's role is? I'd say the demonic armies are created and/or trained under Malbolgia's rule.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:03 pm

Bumped for being the current GT thread.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby StormPunk » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Welcome to Miseryville! :devil:

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:04 pm

GUYS I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING!!!
aku has the ability to send people through time. which doesn't just mean time travel shenanigans, it means bad things can be fixed! yay!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:28 pm

Actually, I think it only works one-way into the future.
Not Space Jesus

Postby Drago2552 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:25 pm

Wow this is going to be interesting. I hope that girl (aku's daughter) falls for Jr. then we get to see more of a story in After Birth Chapter 2.
Guys plz don't hate me i am just saying what is in my mind right now :'( .

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:59 pm

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:GUYS I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING!!!
aku has the ability to send people through time. which doesn't just mean time travel shenanigans, it means bad things can be fixed! yay!

Can it? Lets think about a few things for a moment, can the past be altered like that to avoid the destructions without causing larger destructions in the future? Its a butterfly effect when you play with the past.

I'm guessing you mean that the whole thing with Mimi could be fixed. Well, lets assume that they do that and consider what happens. Let's say that you stopped Him.
1: Him was stopped, super heroes live.
2: Mimi never became her, and possibly continues to deteriorate until dead (which would take a while).
3: The events in Halloween Town still continue, meaning that Minnie gets ripped in half and Reaped.
4: The Redeemer takes Minnie, they are never interecepted due to Him's defeat which results in imprisonment or death and Mimi never became Her
5: The Jr-Nergal-Pumpkinator (known as the Reapinator) starts its rampage nearly without opposition, potentially killing everyone in Halloween Town before being stopped by the other realms of the Underworld.

The result, everyone is dead because Mimi never became Her.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:06 am

yes, that would be bad. i'm talking ideally. ideally some bad things could be stopped with aku's meddling, maybe not the megaville thing, but some stuff. maybe stop mimi from killing her own mom? just adding to the conversation since everyone is kinda saying the same thing and that's boring.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:15 am

If only I remembered how threads managed to go 30 plus pages and have walls of text. Ahh, the days back with the Reapinator.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Eggnog » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:16 am

Never try to alter the past. It may make things worse, and can scar the space-time continuum.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:19 am

Sometimes it does help, like the Danny Phantom movie. But here, I find it a little interesting that the present situation was created because Mimi became Her.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:24 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:GUYS I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING!!!

Can it? Lets think about a few things for a moment, can the past be altered like that to avoid the destructions without causing larger destructions in the future? Its a butterfly effect when you play with the past.

I'm guessing you mean that the whole thing with Mimi could be fixed. Well, lets assume that they do that and consider what happens. Let's say that you stopped Him.
1: Him was stopped, super heroes live.
2: Mimi never became her, and possibly continues to deteriorate until dead (which would take a while).
3: The events in Halloween Town still continue, meaning that Minnie gets ripped in half and Reaped.
4: The Redeemer takes Minnie, they are never interecepted due to Him's defeat which results in imprisonment or death and Mimi never became Her
5: The Jr-Nergal-Pumpkinator (known as the Reapinator) starts its rampage nearly without opposition, potentially killing everyone in Halloween Town before being stopped by the other realms of the Underworld.

The result, everyone is dead because Mimi never became Her.

Y'know I think you might have just answered a question I've been asking myself for the longest time, and this question went something like this: What the fuck Clockwork, did you fall asleep on the job!?
The fact that he stopped Dark Danny from destroying the world, yet didn't do shit about Him, always confused me. But your butterfly effect theory, might be why he never acted.

Also Aku having time travel capabilities, do you think that has anything to do with the separation process of GT and PPGD?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Eggnog » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:27 am

In the Danny Phantom movie it's different because it wasn't a long-time, he only saved his friends, family, and others to stop Future Danny. In GT's perspective, the timeline has expanded so much that one change in the past can alter the whole timeline.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby JunSama » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:17 am

Suddenly, all 52 episodes of Samurai Jack come flooding back to me. :D

Postby stratus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:01 am

Drago2552 wrote:Wow this is going to be interesting. I hope that girl (aku's daughter) falls for Jr. then we get to see more of a story in After Birth Chapter 2.
Guys plz don't hate me i am just saying what is in my mind right now :'( .

Grim Jr. is Basically the only young guy in grim tales availible for the young daughters of the other kingdoms to fall for. all the other males in GT are adults. Hes pretty much the Only eligible prince so far in the comic and virtually the best if not the Only option for the daughters of the underworld. if hes getting swarmed by every heiresses theres not much he can do about it. its just supply and demand. jr is a limited supply (young male GT character) theres not enough of him to fill the demand(by young female GT characters) Lets take Minnie for example. she and junior are raised together and home schooled all thier lives. they grow up in a quite rather sheltered/isolated enviorment With only each other as playmates.

they have probably Never had other children to play with. Jr.s pretty much minnies Only companionship in that old castle. Minnie has probably never met another boy her age. So when Minnie starts to develop an interests in the opposite sex, whos the only face she can picture? the only example of young male figure in her life she can connect those emotions too? the only boy her age shes ever built any meaningful interaction with? Jr. is pretty much a limited resource and fated to recieve all the ships from GT girls (incest included) until a new young male character shows up.
Last edited by stratus on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:29 pm

I have a few things too say. And some of them may be me thinking too much into this.

That "Blossom" might be Aku who took the form of Blossom with the essence Demongo stole from Blossom. Maybe Demongo was send back in time to do that before Blossom died, or Blossom was "saved" by Demongo right before she was killed (Bleed has to be creative on making that right though). btw since Mimi's devil essence is stolen, Demongo has something fun to collect.

I also have a theory that currently Samurai Jack and his apprentice Buttercup are in the City of Aku. I feel like those two must appear too. Jack is there to slay Aku of course and maybe Buttercup is there because of Blossom. Would like to see that, doubt it will happen though.

Also hoping for Marcy and Simon to appear. There must have been a time that Simon decided to bring Marcy back to the Nightosphere before he completely would lose his mind. Wouldn't mind seeing a battle between Simon and Hunson too.

And for The Ghost Zone, Dan probably went there to train after he left Castle Grimskull and maybe settle some important things there. Also hoping to see some of my favorite ghosts like Skulker, Ember McLain and Technus.

And about Grim Jr. being the only male...I can only think of one other character to appear in the comics (who already appeared in art with Grim Jr.) who is Django of the Dead from El Tigre. Maybe Sartana of the Dead (his grandmother) rules one of the other two realms (would be nice since Nick only has one realm). Other realms I can think of are already mentioned like: Malebolgia (which already appeared so we know it is a realm) and Miseryville but we also have Count's Castle which is now owned by HIM, and we also know the existence of that realm. And I think that Halloween Town is a part of Castle of Grim, possibly located at the bottom of the mountain. And a quick note: Hell is not located in the Underworld, it is a separate something like Heaven.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Dr. Mandalor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:40 pm

I would like to see some of the ghost from Danny Phantom, like the box ghost-wonder if he started working out after getting his but kick too many times?-and the werewolf one that tore open portals. :idea:
Spread a little Chaos
Let Chaos Rule

Location: Making past and present a hell of a lot more interesting

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:41 pm

Dr. Mandalor wrote:I would like to see some of the ghost from Danny Phantom, like the box ghost-wonder if he started working out after getting his but kick too many times?-and the werewolf one that tore open portals. :idea:

actually that werewolf would be badass if bleedman draw's it. though i just want to see bleedman's version of the aku bots.

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:Also hoping for Marcy and Simon to appear. There must have been a time that Simon decided to bring Marcy back to the Nightosphere before he completely would lose his mind. Wouldn't mind seeing a battle between Simon and Hunson too.

That brings up an interesting point: We haven't seen Earth after the battle for Megaville, so we really don't know what's going on there. So really, it's entirely possible that Simon's mental breakdown and the second Ice Age could be happening in the comic's present day.

I'm just hoping they don't eff up the continuity, because adding the Adventure Time to the GT/PPGD timeline changes things quite a bit. Whereas the comics take place in a sort of future world of cartoons, Adventure Time is placed in a far-future, post-apocalyptic world, so the comic takes place long before the show. But like you said, this gives us a good chance to see Simon's downfall into insanity and a young Marceline.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Throwing this out there, it has been confirmed that GT and PpGD are not connected, but separate universes that split a long, long time ago and have something to do with Samurai Jack's background story which we will get to someday.

Elements of stories can still be present without screwing things up.

Like this Adventure Time thing.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:32 am

Which actually makes it even more interesting, because Adventure Time played with diverging timelines, and the divergence point was said apocalypse. Suffice to say, no matter which branch this timeline takes, the existence of a few elements from Adventure Time brings into question what elements also exist and have not been revealed, what events have yet to happen and where exactly any timeline splits occur.

Time-related stories are always as fascinating as they are confusing. I'm just saying that, with the existence of Hunsen Abadeer and the Nightsphere, we know at least a few possible futures. So the question becomes reconciling those futures with the current story, or at least finding the divergence point. Only time will tell, and I get the distinct feeling we'll be getting our answers soon enough. With Aku involved, time-travel is a definite possibility.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!