Junior's Vow

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Masterius » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Regarding the 'censoring' . . . sometimes, for whatever reason, seeing %#^@# has more of an impact that actually 'saying' the word. I don't know if it's because mentally the blank is filled in, or if it's because it comes across more as a smothered oath/expletive. In this instance I think how it was done had more of an impact than had the word been spelled out. I guess here's a good way of my explaining it better.

1) Person A curses out Person B: "You son of a bitch!" (Or sunnuvabitch, etc.).
2) Person A curses out Person B: "You son of a $!*(#!"

3) Person A smashes his thumb with a hammer and dances around: "%!@&%#!"
4) Person A smashes his thumb with a hammer and dances around: "Goddammit!"

I don't see any of them as being wrong. But my personal preferences are #1 over #2, and #3 over #4.

~Masterius
Sundered Sisters: a PPG fanfic
Last Update: 03/31/2012

comments and critiques welcomed

Image Image Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:56 pm
Location: Inside the box along with Schrödinger's cat
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby konata50 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:24 am

i love art more than ever this year :3 Mimi is cute in white i also love part of the page where Mimi is pouncing Jr after getting up again like a cat lol Bleedman is one of my top 5 favorite artists one of my other faves passed away so im reading stuff to get un-sad

also question did america invent censorship or did someone else do it cause i want my anger ton be justified in case it is not though i doubt censorship would exist if wimps in the U.S would stop complaining about natural things if ya want me to say what i mean by natural ask i love socializing:3
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:01 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby NodTrooper32 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:55 am

... lol
Madness.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:45 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Death Jr Jr » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:47 am

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this comic. by far the best I've ever seen in my life. i can't WAIT to see the next one! It's kinda obvious that there will be another since there there are still things left unanswered. I hope this goes on forever...well, until i can't read it anymore because then i won't be able to enjoy it. but for a long time. :D I CAN'T WAIT! HURRY UP! YAAAAAAAAAARG!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 am
Location: USA, Texas, In a House.
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Death Jr Jr » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:33 pm

stratus wrote:im happy that other page wasnt the final page. it had me worried there. also that middle panel has very suggestive undertones of Rape.


Ah hahahaha! I was thinking the same thing. But with her screwed up life, i honestly don't think she'd really care at all compared to all the horrible crap she's been through. I mean, really, she's the devils daughter. Lot of crap happens in hell. A lot.......of crap........ :twisted: Devil messing with her head and stuff. He cut of her hands :| Well, whatda ya expect from the Devil? Candy and love? HA! No...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 am
Location: USA, Texas, In a House.
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby maltese-summer123 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Death Jr Jr wrote:
stratus wrote:im happy that other page wasnt the final page. it had me worried there. also that middle panel has very suggestive undertones of Rape.


Ah hahahaha! I was thinking the same thing. But with her screwed up life, i honestly don't think she'd really care at all compared to all the horrible crap she's been through. I mean, really, she's the devils daughter. Lot of crap happens in hell. A lot.......of crap........ :twisted: Devil messing with her head and stuff. He cut of her hands :| Well, whatda ya expect from the Devil? Candy and love? HA! No...



Agree, the middle panel looks like it should be used for a seminar on what rape is, and agreed having HIM for a father must have screwed Mimi up. I mean if she was exposed to all the evils in the world then chances are rape is in that list.
offline
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:00 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Death Jr Jr » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:25 pm

maltese-summer123 wrote:
Death Jr Jr wrote:
stratus wrote:im happy that other page wasnt the final page. it had me worried there. also that middle panel has very suggestive undertones of Rape.


Ah hahahaha! I was thinking the same thing. But with her screwed up life, i honestly don't think she'd really care at all compared to all the horrible crap she's been through. I mean, really, she's the devils daughter. Lot of crap happens in hell. A lot.......of crap........ :twisted: Devil messing with her head and stuff. He cut of her hands :| Well, whatda ya expect from the Devil? Candy and love? HA! No...



Agree, the middle panel looks like it should be used for a seminar on what rape is, and agreed having HIM for a father must have screwed Mimi up. I mean if she was exposed to all the evils in the world then chances are rape is in that list.



Exactly my point, just in a shorter way of saying it. Thanks.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 am
Location: USA, Texas, In a House.
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Death Jr Jr » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Page (find in Archive): Seven Sins

Incest AND Lust? Well isn't the Devil having a field day with this child. Suuuuuuuuuuuure is... (if I where Junior I wouldn't mind XD. Then again, he is Death's son and, really, isn't he supposed to be evil anyways?) She is incredible when it comes to "bottling" her emotions. Lucky she can, because if she couldn't, Junior would be screwed for the rest of if immortal existence, seeing how she's immortal as well. How wonderful is this comic in whole? (Plus, how long does it take to make a new piece of comic for a number one comic?)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 am
Location: USA, Texas, In a House.
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby maltese-summer123 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:55 pm

Death Jr Jr wrote:Page (find in Archive): Seven Sins

Incest AND Lust? Well isn't the Devil having a field day with this child. Suuuuuuuuuuuure is... (if I where Junior I wouldn't mind XD. Then again, he is Death's son and, really, isn't he supposed to be evil anyways?) She is incredible when it comes to "bottling" her emotions. Lucky she can, because if she couldn't, Junior would be screwed for the rest of if immortal existence, seeing how she's immortal as well. How wonderful is this comic in whole? (Plus, how long does it take to make a new piece of comic for a number one comic?)


first I would like to point out the grim jr and mimi are not immortal for if you ook in the begging of the comic you would see that minnie dies which means jr can die as well, second death is not evil, it's just a natural order which has to be followed even if we hate/fear it and last it takes long for a new page to come in for the artist/writers ect have to work on other comics.
offline
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:00 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Death Jr Jr » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:57 pm

maltese-summer123 wrote:first I would like to point out the grim jr and mimi are not immortal for if you ook in the begging of the comic you would see that minnie dies which means jr can die as well, second death is not evil, it's just a natural order which has to be followed even if we hate/fear it and last it takes long for a new page to come in for the artist/writers ect have to work on other comics.



hm... well, i'm pretty sure they are both immortal by the end of the already available comic pages...I mean, Junior is already dead, and Minnie is now immortal, because her soul possessed some cloth that she influenced to create an image of her old self, so I believe now that she is mainly just a soul possessing objects that she is "immortal. And Mimi is the Devil's daughter, dude, so you got the wrong person, and she IS immortal.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 am
Location: USA, Texas, In a House.
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Death Jr Jr » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Anyone on here know of a pic of when Jr. is holding Minnie when (i think) she comes back from Heaven? He has the nergal wings, and Minnie's angle wing falls off... i dunno what page it is...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 am
Location: USA, Texas, In a House.
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Death Jr Jr » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Death Jr Jr wrote:Anyone on here know of a pic of when Jr. is holding Minnie when (i think) she comes back from Heaven? He has the nergal wings, and Minnie's angle wing falls off... i dunno what page it is...



i forgot to put: it needs to be 150x150 cause i want to use it as my profile pic.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 am
Location: USA, Texas, In a House.
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Death Jr Jr » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:30 pm

konata50 wrote:also question did america invent censorship or did someone else do it cause i want my anger ton be justified in case it is not though i doubt censorship would exist if wimps in the U.S would stop complaining about natural things if ya want me to say what i mean by natural ask i love socializing:3



In China, the first censorship law was introduced in 300 AD. So you can go tell them to shove it if you want. :P and i agree with you.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 am
Location: USA, Texas, In a House.
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby gazfan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Poor Mimi :'( She's so scared

Poor Jr :unsure: he's getting he scull chewed on
" it's judgment day "

~ gaz
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:54 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Sigment » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:06 pm

What's the policy on quadruple-posting?

gazfan wrote: Poor Mimi :'( She's so scared

Poor Jr :unsure: he's getting he scull chewed on


Poor Nergal-ness lol Mimi took a bite outta him (literally).
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2794
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby stratus » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Death Jr Jr wrote:
Death Jr Jr wrote:Anyone on here know of a pic of when Jr. is holding Minnie when (i think) she comes back from Heaven? He has the nergal wings, and Minnie's angle wing falls off... i dunno what page it is...



i forgot to put: it needs to be 150x150 cause i want to use it as my profile pic.


Image

just qoute it, to make the link visible
Last edited by stratus on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
offline
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:43 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Death Jr Jr » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:06 pm

stratus wrote:
Death Jr Jr wrote:
Death Jr Jr wrote:Anyone on here know of a pic of when Jr. is holding Minnie when (i think) she comes back from Heaven? He has the nergal wings, and Minnie's angle wing falls off... i dunno what page it is...



i forgot to put: it needs to be 150x150 cause i want to use it as my profile pic.


Image
just qoute it, to make the link visible



why, thank you...may i add you as a friend?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 am
Location: USA, Texas, In a House.
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Death Jr Jr » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:07 pm

stratus wrote:
Death Jr Jr wrote:
Death Jr Jr wrote:Anyone on here know of a pic of when Jr. is holding Minnie when (i think) she comes back from Heaven? He has the nergal wings, and Minnie's angle wing falls off... i dunno what page it is...



i forgot to put: it needs to be 150x150 cause i want to use it as my profile pic.


Image
just qoute it, to make the link visible



oh, and Quincy archer is the most badass character in Bleach.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 am
Location: USA, Texas, In a House.
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Sakuryu45 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:50 pm

Wow, I just found these comics and after seeing this page I went back and read the whole thing from the beginning till now in one day non stop! I can't wait to find more and hope it's not a long time coming. This is just an amazing view of this world and I can't think of how to make it any better with the realities woven into this story.
offline
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Sakuryu45 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:00 am

Hawaiian4ever wrote:im curious...who would everyone prefer jr and minni or jr and mimi?


Junior X Minnie all the way. I find it sweet, loving and cute. The relationship with Mimi seems to be one of the *new girl* or Damsel in distress romances not really true soul mate stuff. I personally think Jeff will marry Mimi somehow :P
offline
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Death Jr Jr » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:44 am

Sakuryu45 wrote:
Hawaiian4ever wrote:im curious...who would everyone prefer jr and minni or jr and mimi?


Junior X Minnie all the way. I find it sweet, loving and cute. The relationship with Mimi seems to be one of the *new girl* or Damsel in distress romances not really true soul mate stuff. I personally think Jeff will marry Mimi somehow :P



I dunno, really. If I where him, I'd go with Minnie, of course...if he went with Mimi, well, Minnie would go insane psycho crazy bitch mode and tear Mimi up, and then probably start tearing up Jr. until she thought he learned his lesson... but it seems he really likes Mimi, and really, I think that they would work. It's kinda like Mandy and Grim...despise each other one moment, marrying each other the next. I'm pretty sure she would come around and create some demon-nergal child or something. But Minnie has a lot to offer, and she loved him long before he and Mimi ever met. Long story short, both. brother. Just gotta see.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 am
Location: USA, Texas, In a House.
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Sakuryu45 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:49 am

Death Jr Jr wrote:
Sakuryu45 wrote:
Hawaiian4ever wrote:im curious...who would everyone prefer jr and minni or jr and mimi?


Junior X Minnie all the way. I find it sweet, loving and cute. The relationship with Mimi seems to be one of the *new girl* or Damsel in distress romances not really true soul mate stuff. I personally think Jeff will marry Mimi somehow :P



I dunno, really. If I where him, I'd go with Minnie, of course...if he went with Mimi, well, Minnie would go insane psycho crazy bitch mode and tear Mimi up, and then probably start tearing up Jr. until she thought he learned his lesson... but it seems he really likes Mimi, and really, I think that they would work. It's kinda like Mandy and Grim...despise each other one moment, marrying each other the next. I'm pretty sure she would come around and create some demon-nergal child or something. But Minnie has a lot to offer, and she loved him long before he and Mimi ever met. Long story short, both. brother. Just gotta see.


All good points, but I have a suspicion we might see junior giving Minnie his left eye ^.0
offline
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Death Jr Jr » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:59 am

ReaperGal wrote:
zwordsman wrote:Oh dear.

I wonder if his sis would be jealous if she knew she was chewing on him.


I seriously doubt that SHE WON'T BE JEALOUS.

What if, Jr and Mimi end up in a 'position' just as Minnie walks in...



Heh heh heh... that's pretty funny. I can think about it now... they are playfully tussling around the floor (kinda awkward already if you think bout it. heck, you dont even have to think that much), they roll into a position where she's on top of him (see what I mean? jeez...) holding him down, their eyes lock, they lean in to kiss, and either A: They're kissing when Minnie walks in. or B: They are about to kiss when Minnie walks in. (I prefer A, FYI, so we are going to go with A. It's more suspenseful anyways.) So she walk in on them two kissing, and then she freaks and the next comic page or two will be hilarious with Jr's head flying everywhere...oh, the funny pain. But hey, love is love, brother.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 am
Location: USA, Texas, In a House.
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Death Jr Jr » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:05 am

Sakuryu45 wrote:
Death Jr Jr wrote:I dunno, really. If I where him, I'd go with Minnie, of course...if he went with Mimi, well, Minnie would go insane psycho crazy bitch mode and tear Mimi up, and then probably start tearing up Jr. until she thought he learned his lesson... but it seems he really likes Mimi, and really, I think that they would work. It's kinda like Mandy and Grim...despise each other one moment, marrying each other the next. I'm pretty sure she would come around and create some demon-nergal child or something. But Minnie has a lot to offer, and she loved him long before he and Mimi ever met. Long story short, both. brother. Just gotta see.


All good points, but I have a suspicion we might see junior giving Minnie his left eye ^.0



maybe, but really, i think it WILL be Mimi. not that i'm rooting for anyone, just that that's who i think he will get with. Remember how grossed out he was??? yyyeeeaaahh....
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:36 am
Location: USA, Texas, In a House.
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Vow

Postby Sakuryu45 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:11 am

Death Jr Jr wrote:
Sakuryu45 wrote:
Death Jr Jr wrote:I dunno, really. If I where him, I'd go with Minnie, of course...if he went with Mimi, well, Minnie would go insane psycho crazy bitch mode and tear Mimi up, and then probably start tearing up Jr. until she thought he learned his lesson... but it seems he really likes Mimi, and really, I think that they would work. It's kinda like Mandy and Grim...despise each other one moment, marrying each other the next. I'm pretty sure she would come around and create some demon-nergal child or something. But Minnie has a lot to offer, and she loved him long before he and Mimi ever met. Long story short, both. brother. Just gotta see.


All good points, but I have a suspicion we might see junior giving Minnie his left eye ^.0



maybe, but really, i think it WILL be Mimi. not that i'm rooting for anyone, just that that's who i think he will get with. Remember how grossed out he was??? yyyeeeaaahh....


Yeah lol it always STARTS as "Ewwww that's my sister e_e but then it turns to "Wow she likes me like that? o///o " Then it turns to "I think I really love her..... *smooch* " :P Only time will tell! Even us talking might change the course of the story if the writers read this :P
offline
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 pm
Gender: None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest