Re-Collecting

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Re-Collecting

Postby midochiku » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Man,pissing Minnie off at this moment would result in a very gruesome and torturous death.
“Knew you the second you set foot on my property, kid. Even as young as you were, how could I not? Folks want to blame someone for gals like us. “Her daddy was unkind” or “some fella broke her heart” … Hogwash. You and me’ve always been like this. Always a little removed. Always… dreaming.Of higher, further, faster… more. Always more. We came into this world spittin’ mad, runnin’ full bore… To or from what, I ain’t never been able to tell. Over the years, I’ve come to think of these particular traits as the shared attributes of a chosen people… the Lord put us here to punch holes in the sky. And when the soul is born with that kind of purpose… It’ll damn sure find a way. We’re gonna get where we’re going, you and me. Death and indignity be damned… we’ll get there……And we will be the stars we were always meant to be.”
Helen Cobb, Captain Marvel #1
Bucky No

Postby ShadowBallet » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:17 pm

...Minni looks like she's about to destroy something
I put the PRO
in PROcrastinator

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Maybe Mini will rip things apart or kick the watermelon to hit Mimi and say it's by mistake
I'm not crazy, I'm differently sane - The Joker

Postby Imosa » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:24 pm

FATFAG wrote:I think minnie gonna steal mimi's demon powers ^_^;
lol this.

Postby JunSama » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:44 am

Poor Mini... I have a feeling she's going to be that character to spend most of the plot disappointed and always getting the short end of the stick in every outcome. :/

Beginning arc - She's dismembered and murdered...
Follow-up - Attempted kidnapped by an archangel(?), successfully kidnapped by "Him", had her inner most earthly desires revealed
Concluding - Successfully kidnapped by the archangel (and then rejected from heaven...)

Now... Oh... poor Mini.

Postby Darth Killer » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:41 am

HIM can use his magic to manipulate inner feeling in other as he sees fit, we've seen it throughout GRIM TALES comic. I would not be surprised if the brief time while HIM's essence (because it's oviously his) was free it affected Minnie's heart and now she'd be becoming darker than she should be. Jr should have revealed sooner to them all they all owe Mimi and Jeff their very life and existence since the Halloween battle events.

Additionally it looks like HIM's essence works more or less like HIM's dark matter from Powerpuff Girls Z. If true, it's a corrupting dark power remotely controlled by HIM that empowers the reciever but also makes the reciever corrupted, sometimes to the point of becoming a puppet. Mimi has most likely resisted that last part thanks to her limitless hatred against her father, however Minnie here barely even knows HIM, she won't be able to resist it. And being born half demon (i think her real father is Nergal Jr) she'll also be a much stronger vessel for that essence, becoming a much more dangerous HER. As if this was not enough, when time to face Minnie as HER comes, they'll be ad disadvantage since they won't want to kill her again (except Mandy herself of course). That's gonna be a wild mess, i say.

Postby Imosa » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:46 am

Minnie doesn't have any special abilities other then being able to communicate with Nergles. Shes not that useful of an ally.

Postby Darth Killer » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:32 am

You'd be surprise of what a powerless ally can do, Imosa. Minnie is highly skilled with a sword and has proven it several times. It does not really matter if the sword is a real one or one created by nergal powers.

However, she most likely misinterpret Jr's behaviour for love feelings, and becomes jealous. Though i don't think her jealousy can make her that dark, unless there is HIM's remote influence involved...

Postby number39utopia » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:11 am

second to last panel
SO F*CKING SCARY

Postby CrimsonRaine » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:48 am

Everyone knows the death glare, Minnie will destroy fake Mandy. Though I seem to remember that Mandy destroyed it already.

And Grim speaks with a heavy Jamaican accent, it affects the sound of his words and the way they'd be spelled. Plus he didn't always speak with proper grammar. So I don't think the editors did anything wrong, they're staying true to Grim's manner of speech.
WHAT'S MY NAME BITCHES?!

Postby sega7 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:03 pm

I can't help but wonder...why Mandy decided to keep that thing..

I hope Minnie doesn't go looking for him as a way to get back at MImi for "taking" her brother...
"Can't we all just get along?"
- Rodney King

Postby Imosa » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Darth Killer wrote:You'd be surprise of what a powerless ally can do, Imosa. Minnie is highly skilled with a sword and has proven it several times. It does not really matter if the sword is a real one or one created by nergal powers.

However, she most likely misinterpret Jr's behaviour for love feelings, and becomes jealous. Though i don't think her jealousy can make her that dark, unless there is HIM's remote influence involved...
I had a good laugh at your first sentence. As far as all conceivable revelations go, learning the usefulness of a powerless ally is not very surprising. If you already call an ally powerless, they already can't do anything, by the very definition of powerless.
Anyway, she may be good with a sword but Mandy is probably better, and I have a feeling that even Jr. could beat her if he was on his guard.

Also, I think it's pretty obvious that Minnie is jealous, in which case I hope Him gets nowhere near that. I don't want Minnie to be redeemed by something like "the big bad made me do it". I want her taking full responsibility for her own actions. I want her to grow up and enter into a world where the only true source of change is you, and I want her to take this revelation, and put it's power behind the blade of a knife heading straight for Mimi's heart.

Ya wanna know how I still hope this is all going to turn out? Minnie is slowly going to see Junior get wrapped up in saving Mimi and is going to ignore Minnie. As a last ditch effort to get her man, shes going to offer him her left eye, and hes going to turn her down. Minnie is going to snap and find a way to kill the other two Nergals, take their right eyes and use them both (so that's two eyes on the left, zero on the right, very distinct, very creepy). By this point she will use all her new found power to try and kill Him... and fail. She will then fester in some deep pit of hell, having killed her species, repulsed her family and relations, and, above all, been dumped by her boy friend. I have some redemption planned in there too but it's more of an epilog.

@CrimsonRaine: Ya see, lets all take a note from Kotonoha. She understands how a girlfriend should act.

Postby Darth Killer » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:01 am

@Imosa : powerless does not mean useless. Powerless only means no powers on one's own. That's a crittical point here.

If you're not convinced by that, keep in mind that Mandy herself is powerless too, yet is hardly defeatable in duel. That's because she has other skills with her. ;)

We can compare this to other characters too. Batman and Green Arrow are powerless, are they useless ? Certainly not. ;)

Postby CrimsonRaine » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:25 am

Darth Killer wrote:@Imosa : powerless does not mean useless. Powerless only means no powers on one's own. That's a crittical point here.

If you're not convinced by that, keep in mind that Mandy herself is powerless too, yet is hardly defeatable in duel. That's because she has other skills with her. ;)

We can compare this to other characters too. Batman and Green Arrow are powerless, are they useless ? Certainly not. ;)

Aquaman is.
WHAT'S MY NAME BITCHES?!

Postby shenmillion » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:01 am

r u peolpe fucking retarded fucking sweet mini mandy is like like her own mother now she does act like a grilfriend to jr but why i meen half so mini mandy should shut her fucking mouth she had jr wat a greedy bitch i like mimi
Last edited by BeeAre on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: please don't flame. read the global rules, and try to use proper grammar.

Postby Imosa » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:55 am

Darth Killer wrote:@Imosa : powerless does not mean useless. Powerless only means no powers on one's own. That's a crittical point here.

Sorry, we might have a difference in definition. I never called Minnie powerless. I just said she has no special powers and isn't really that great an alley. She can use a sword, that's about it. Mandy can do better, and under certain conditions Junior could as well.

Postby Xi-1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Certain people will treat accents and dialects differently when it comes to writing with them. The general rule, though, is to not let the accent get in the way of the audience understanding what is being said. This is because the primary concern of any writer is that the writing be clear. In other words, if Grim's accent starts making it hard to understand what he's saying, Griddles should nix the accent.

Darker and darker we go. You might say we're getting darker than black. Deeper than blood-red. Welcome to the Dark Side, Minnie.
A Page Flipper

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Hello! Shenmillion, do not multiple post like that again. I would like to direct you towards the Global Forum Rules. In there you will find several guidelines on how you should post. I've taken the liberty of removing your multiple posts this time but if you do that again, I'll have to take action and start giving you warnings against your profile.

Make sure to read all of the rules and guidelines before you post again, thanks!
Marquis de Soth

Postby Felipesp » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Masterius wrote:
Sigment Kurosai wrote:I can't help but think that HIM planned this... not moment for moment, but at least the general chain of events. Grim's concern of HIM's essence does not help ease my concerns.
:anger: Damn...
This mess is gonna get worse before it gets better...

I've been thinking the same thing. Perhaps Him predicted that:

1) Mandy would have a way of capturing Mimi and, having once done so, would be able to remove the essence,
2) Mandy would then wish to 'get rid' of Mimi,
3) Jr. would (somehow) rescue Mimi, and finally,
4) Having been spurned, Minnie would release the essence and absorb it into herself?

I suspect that Minnie would make a much better vessel for that essence than Mimi ever had.

i agree i think that HIM planned all this and minnie wold be much better vessel for that evil essence (and as minnie has some control over junior's powers controling minnie he can have some control over junior too) but i think that he really wanted the gauntlet of horror to replace his lost claw, maybe minnie wold be better at the horror test, i relly hope that evil energy go to mnie because since she gave her eye to junior she doenst have any power (exept control junior powers) and as mimi is blosson daughter maybe she has some super powers even without the evil energy, so wold be cool: junior with nergal demons powers, minie with mimi old powers and mimi with super powers inherited from blosson

Postby JunSama » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:48 am

Forgive me if this has been mentioned in the replies already, couldn't bring myself to read through them all at this hour.

Mini is probably holding some resentment towards Mandy now too, I bet she was hoping Mandy would kill Mimi and get rid of the competition. Instead, Mandy lets Jr have his "pet", and we all know Mini wishes she could be something of a "pet" to Jr; something that is given deep adoration and can openly show its affection to its owner. ;)

So it occurs to me that Mini's probably going to stomp on Mandy-bot hardcore.

(Of course, a lot is still directed at Mimi, the ultimate source of her competition and woe)

Postby kimmemour » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:10 am

Wow Minnie gave Toy-Mandy the Fluttershy Stare *shudders*

Postby CrimsonRaine » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:04 pm

shenmillion wrote:r u peolpe fucking retarded fucking sweet mini mandy is like like her own mother now she does act like a grilfriend to jr but why i meen half so mini mandy should shut her fucking mouth she had jr wat a greedy bitch i like mimi

I feel quite bad for you, I hate it when things break. It must suck that your comma and period keys on your keyboard are broken and that's why you don't use them. I also feel bad that your school doesn't have an English teacher to teach you proper spelling and grammar, it must feel terrible not knowing how to spell and write sentences without butchering the English language. But I'm sure you can learn from looking at how other people type and can correct these problems in no time. So good luck!
WHAT'S MY NAME BITCHES?!

Postby Sigment » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:21 pm

CrimsonRaine wrote:I feel quite bad for you, I hate it when things break. It must suck that your comma and period keys on your keyboard are broken and that's why you don't use them. I also feel bad that your school doesn't have an English teacher to teach you proper spelling and grammar, it must feel terrible not knowing how to spell and write sentences without butchering the English language. But I'm sure you can learn from looking at how other people type and can correct these problems in no time. So good luck!

Best burn I have heard all year. Bravo.
Last edited by Sigment on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Gato » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:42 pm

CrimsonRaine wrote:
shenmillion wrote:r u peolpe fucking retarded fucking sweet mini mandy is like like her own mother now she does act like a grilfriend to jr but why i meen half so mini mandy should shut her fucking mouth she had jr wat a greedy bitch i like mimi

I feel quite bad for you, I hate it when things break. It must suck that your comma and period keys on your keyboard are broken and that's why you don't use them. I also feel bad that your school doesn't have an English teacher to teach you proper spelling and grammar, it must feel terrible not knowing how to spell and write sentences without butchering the English language. But I'm sure you can learn from looking at how other people type and can correct these problems in no time. So good luck!

I think I love you.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby Xi-1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:25 pm

Raine when she's not mad, right? And also a warning not to make her mad.
Anyone else feel more Awesome coming on?
A Page Flipper

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!