Junior's Rescue Shelter

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby stratus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:37 pm

ok so mandy respected jr. for standing up to her, she let jr keep mimi as a reward, but she wanted mimi out of her sight so weather its in a dungeon or in a dog house she still has control. she still has the resources to kill mimi if she wants but i think seeing jr. develop the courage to stand up to her was perhaps more valuable then mimi's life. but its a definet No that mandy will allow mimi have her powers back no matter how much Jr. threats or pleads. (yes we know mimi gets them back some how)
offline
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:43 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Still wondering where Dark Danny is...
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby DmonHiro » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:06 pm

OK let's get this straight: no way was Mandy afraid of Junior. Even if she was outmatched, which she probably wasn't, being afraid just makes Mandy angrier. In the Grim Tales universe, Mandy seems to have felt fear only once, and only for a second, when Grim proposed.
I'm pretty sure Junior may think her mom backed out because she couldn't take him on, which is why he spoke in Nergal (or maybe he can only speak like that when he's transformed now), but her answering in the same language pretty much means "Don't get cocky, brat". Still, she probably now has a bit more respect for him, because he did stand up to her, something almost nobody ever does.

Props to you, Junior, you now have Mimi as a pet. Wow... that sounds so wrong... and yet so right. Plus, Junior has tentacles. NO, BAD THOUGHT,S, BAD THOUGHTS!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:16 pm
Location: Romania
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby Goldenguy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Minnie is jealous
And Im actually surprised, Mandy acknowledging someone, wow O.o
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:51 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby sega7 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:50 pm

I kinda had a feeling that this mother and son battle was not gonna last long, I hope Mimi is okay I wonder where she is going to sleep LOL!. As for Minnie, well I still think she needs to find someone else, because her and her brother as a couple is so weird.....XD. I hope at some point Blossom makes another appearance in this story unless she was killed by HIM. Speaking of HIM will he be looking for Mimi?

Sorry to have this big feed back on the story, at least I'm not double posting XD
"Can't we all just get along?"
- Rodney King
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:48 pm
Location: Earth duh
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby HollowBat01 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:06 pm

damn Minnie looks jealous
ulquiorra was here
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:58 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:12 pm

UnquestionableNinja wrote:
CrusaderRyuoki wrote:
YOU being scared of a demon and a cartoon being scared of a demon are two totally different fears since you have the capacity to know what to fear. as for the correction this isnt a flashback of minnie and jr with spawn. this happens after that. this is real time action and as for the control it can be shown he has better control of it now then he did before hence his multiple transformations without the aid of his sister since the start of this arc.

just because mandy retained control and didnt actually show fear doesnt mean she wasnt afraid. i'll admit shes good and shes lived long enough to know how to put on the tough guy (or girl in this instance) act so she stepped on his tnetacle and came up with a plausible excuse to walk away but the point is she didnt get what she wanted and she caved into what her son wanted meaning she lost.

the last point isnt up for debate since its canon i suppose but there may be some squeeze room if you will. if they had fought it wouldve been a loss since jr is part reaper he has the ability to tear out souls and if he became conscious of that ability during the fight he could essentially eat mandy's soul like his powers did when his soul was separated from his body thus ending mandy once and for all but on the other hand it hasnt been shown yet that he can use his reaper powers just his nergal ones so that fight would either last for a long time or end with mandy's permanent death but since she is shown to be alive in afterbirth we know that she wont be fighting jr or dying anytime soon.


You have some nice points that makes your arguement valid, however..
How do you know this is real time? If it is so, then what happened with Spawn and Jr/Mini and those demon thingies? Should I just assumed they beat them up or what?

Also about the point of Mandy showing fear...I'll admit your view on this is plausible, but we can't really say whether Mandy showed fear or not. Seeing as it's hard to tell what exactly goes on in her head, I'm just going to go with lack of fear, mainly because I believe Mandy has little to no emotions except for anger and the fact that of all people, Mandy being afraid of her own son would probably disappoint my current views on her.

As for your last point, I agree..especially since you pointed out Jr. reaper powers. I still don't believe he has the backbone to do that kind of stuff just yet though.


youre entitled to your opinion and i'll respect that but as for how i know its real time thats more of a common sense factor than anything else sinceif this was a flash back mimi mightve been mentioned before and jr only told the story of how minnie came to get her appearence. that arc ended so its safe to assume that this new arc takes place after he and spawn fight off the demons.

ground wolf wrote:
CrusaderRyuoki wrote:
ground wolf wrote:1) mandy never loses she just let junior win because he would be a powerful pawn to lose of such a trivial matter
2) i like how mimi is now juniors pet
3) and finally minne is so very pissed right now well ether that or she wants to have a three way but im pretty sure she is just pissed


your first topic has no evidence to back up your claim. if youre going to claim something at least post some facts to back up what you say.

(not meant as a double post but a continuation of my previous post)

shut the fuck up and enjoy the dame comic


dame? what is the comic a female now? also just cause you nerd rage doesnt prove your point. everyone else who comments on my post has intellectual responses and facts to back up their claims. you dont so if you have nothing intelligent to say dont bother replying
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby Arjay » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:31 pm

So how long before Minnie tries to take Mimi out?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:31 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby ReaperGal » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:16 pm

aaawwww!

Minnie's getting jealous!

The good part's just beginning!

I didn't know Mandy can speak Nergal language.

I wonder where junior will take Mimi...

I just can't wait!
ReaperGal "a fan of many things"

Deviantart user:sunny0295
offline
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 5:55 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby JunSama » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:28 pm

CrusaderRyuoki wrote:stepping on his tentacle doesnt prove anything. mandy didnt want to lose face for giving into her fear so she stepped on his tentacle to TRY and show she still had control of the situation. honestly you people glorify mandy to much


That's the dumbest interpretation ever.

Little actions like "stepping on his tentacle" are plenty of proof - It's called maintaining a "theme".
Why don't you try going back to the flashback pages, and re-reading what Mandy is capable of.

Mandy doesn't know fear. You're completely disregarding about all of Death's flashbacks in regards to their time together. She's the women who subdued Death. She's Death's wife, that glorifies her willpower and personality more than any other being in the universe!

If she had the least bit of fear, she wouldn't have bothered stepping on his tentacle at all. That was a show of discipline, a non-verbal way of saying "Know your place."
Such an action out of fear is completely unnatural for anyone who carries the least bit of fear. More then that, it's 100% inconsistent with her character!



Mandy could easily take down Junior in his current state (let the record show, he can`t control his powers, he can just let them run loose - Mandy's observant enough to know that.)

But more than anything, Mandy is cold and calculating - She's not one to let her anger cloud her judgment.
1) Junior's developing some courage
2) Keeping Mimi alive could be useful in future scenarios against "Him"
3) Killing/Maiming her own son isn't exactly a smart move.

You say she tried to keep control of the situation - I say she had control the whole time. Being in control doesn't mean always getting your way, it means being able keep your ultimate goals in mind.
Killing Mimi is not something that's very important to her, just a momentary whim of rage. Raising a good family on the other hand, (as strange as it is, but apparent after she banged Danny) IS important to her.

You're the one dumbing her down for whatever reason, and underestimate the depth of her character.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:33 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby darknessvandeath » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Minnie is pissed. Wait, why did mandy let that slide so easily?

.........this is getting interesting. :twisted:
let darkness consume you
let darkness control you
let your nightmares become real
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:25 pm
Location: Newcastle, WY
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby armed cyclone » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:49 pm

minne looks pissed :O
some say i'm insane i say i'm creative
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:16 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby Shradow » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Am I the only one looking at Mandy's undergarments just because the design is so flippin' cool?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 11:28 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby Magmaboy13 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:02 am

A thought that I had while reading this: Mandy let it go 'cause she knew Minnie was going to give Jr hell for it anyway.
offline
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:31 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby silvercover » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:17 am

@crusaderryuoki
like you have the evidence :roll: ? you have just as much opinion as the rest of us. we do not see any proof that mandy was scared.

did she "shiver"? did she step back? was there "fear" in her eyes? no. there is just as much proof of her being scared as proof of her not being scared. as groundwolf said, dont be a spoilsport.
there's support to back up that she's not. she purposely stepped on the tentacle of someone who was just inches from attacking her. she even talked about making the girl his pet and replying in nergal that he should place a name tag.
offline
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:38 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby dizdman102293 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:47 am

I think Mandy wasn't scared she was ired of drawing out a meaningless fight that was a major waste of her time and she couldn't see any gain in it only lose.
The only reason Mandy started fighting Mimi was because she was inside the vault and Mandy didn't want anything to happen to her collectoin, and she only smacked him around to begin with, because he was defieing her wishes.
offline
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:00 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:21 am

JunSama wrote:
CrusaderRyuoki wrote:stepping on his tentacle doesnt prove anything. mandy didnt want to lose face for giving into her fear so she stepped on his tentacle to TRY and show she still had control of the situation. honestly you people glorify mandy to much


That's the dumbest interpretation ever.

Little actions like "stepping on his tentacle" are plenty of proof - It's called maintaining a "theme".
Why don't you try going back to the flashback pages, and re-reading what Mandy is capable of.

Mandy doesn't know fear. You're completely disregarding about all of Death's flashbacks in regards to their time together. She's the women who subdued Death. She's Death's wife, that glorifies her willpower and personality more than any other being in the universe!

If she had the least bit of fear, she wouldn't have bothered stepping on his tentacle at all. That was a show of discipline, a non-verbal way of saying "Know your place."
Such an action out of fear is completely unnatural for anyone who carries the least bit of fear. More then that, it's 100% inconsistent with her character!



Mandy could easily take down Junior in his current state (let the record show, he can`t control his powers, he can just let them run loose - Mandy's observant enough to know that.)

But more than anything, Mandy is cold and calculating - She's not one to let her anger cloud her judgment.
1) Junior's developing some courage
2) Keeping Mimi alive could be useful in future scenarios against "Him"
3) Killing/Maiming her own son isn't exactly a smart move.

You say she tried to keep control of the situation - I say she had control the whole time. Being in control doesn't mean always getting your way, it means being able keep your ultimate goals in mind.
Killing Mimi is not something that's very important to her, just a momentary whim of rage. Raising a good family on the other hand, (as strange as it is, but apparent after she banged Danny) IS important to her.

You're the one dumbing her down for whatever reason, and underestimate the depth of her character.


just because she doesnt SHOW fear (which she does for a moment when grim says hes going to kill her http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=29) doesnt mean she cant feel it and who's to say jr cant control his powers now? for all we know he may have learned to control it since the time between fighting alongside spawn and now. there is no evidence as of this arc to support that he still doenst have control of his powers and more evidence to show that he does. he was able to maintain a transformation to get to mimi and transformed into his demon state to protect her without losing control and used his tentacles during twister with his sister. youre entitled to your opinino that she kept control of the situation as i am entitled to mine that she didnt and have given my reasons why. you believe she could take jr down as he is ive given reason why i believe she coldnt. im not dumbing down mandy i just think its strange that people glorify her so much. for all accounts and purposes shes still human and can still be killed. jr can not be killed and isnt human. if they each fought with everything they had jr would win since everything he has alsmot destroyed the entire underworld at one point and im saying this as if minnie would not try to stop her brother since she's still able to control his powers. all in all i'll continue to state my opinions and support them with facts from the comic and interpretations i pick up along the way and i'll gladly defend them against intelligent opponents who can also back up their side of the argument.

quote="silvercover"]@crusaderryuoki
like you have the evidence :roll: ? you have just as much opinion as the rest of us. we do not see any proof that mandy was scared.

did she "shiver"? did she step back? was there "fear" in her eyes? no. there is just as much proof of her being scared as proof of her not being scared. as groundwolf said, dont be a spoilsport.
there's support to back up that she's not. she purposely stepped on the tentacle of someone who was just inches from attacking her. she even talked about making the girl his pet and replying in nergal that he should place a name tag.[/quote]

yes i have evidence as stated in all my posts. i never said my opinion was worth more than anyone elses and have even admitted that people are entitled to their opinion just as i am and just because someone doesnt show a physical manifestation of fear doesnt mean they dont feel it. also groundwolf didnt say not to be a spoilsport he/she got upset when i called them out to back up their claim and resorted to foul language and an inarticulate way to express themselves. im all for people expressing themselves but if you want to debate then at least be intelligent enough to support your opinon and dont nerd rage when you cant think of a proper argument. also just cause she spoke in nergal dont mean a thing in my honest opinion because its just like if someone spoke to you in spanish and you replied in spanish. its just a language.
Last edited by CrusaderRyuoki on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby darkman307 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:12 am

CrusaderRyuoki wrote:
JunSama wrote:Mandy knows how to speak Nergal... She's so badass.



Edit: For anyone who thinks Mandy would lose - Please note how she stepped on one of Junior's tentacles.

She did that because she was confident, she would have easily won.

Junior's act of defiance simply brought her a new perspective on the situation - That her son may actually be worthy of her respect; no mother would want to hinder that sort of development.



Edit2: Oh also...

MINI IS PISSED!


stepping on his tentacle doesnt prove anything. mandy didnt want to lose face for giving into her fear so she stepped on his tentacle to TRY and show she still had control of the situation. honestly you people glorify mandy to much

DathanielTDK wrote:Like she always said. Mandy NEVER loses.

...she just some chooses not to win. ;)


she didnt win so she lost. she wanted mimi dead and mim is alive so mand lost end of story. she may not have lost a physical fight with jr but she lost the battle in the end.


as a side not what will happen to mimi's powers now. in an afterbirth trailer pic she is shown with boxing gloves on and the ability to still transform between human and demon.


given some here may think too much of mandy you think too little of her the reason for all of this is we know EXACLY what she is capable of thats not alot on the outher hand we have no clear idea of what jr. is capable of would he be fighting as it was a deathmach
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:20 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:50 am

darkman307 wrote:
CrusaderRyuoki wrote:
JunSama wrote:Mandy knows how to speak Nergal... She's so badass.



Edit: For anyone who thinks Mandy would lose - Please note how she stepped on one of Junior's tentacles.

She did that because she was confident, she would have easily won.

Junior's act of defiance simply brought her a new perspective on the situation - That her son may actually be worthy of her respect; no mother would want to hinder that sort of development.



Edit2: Oh also...

MINI IS PISSED!


stepping on his tentacle doesnt prove anything. mandy didnt want to lose face for giving into her fear so she stepped on his tentacle to TRY and show she still had control of the situation. honestly you people glorify mandy to much

DathanielTDK wrote:Like she always said. Mandy NEVER loses.

...she just some chooses not to win. ;)


she didnt win so she lost. she wanted mimi dead and mim is alive so mand lost end of story. she may not have lost a physical fight with jr but she lost the battle in the end.


as a side not what will happen to mimi's powers now. in an afterbirth trailer pic she is shown with boxing gloves on and the ability to still transform between human and demon.


given some here may think too much of mandy you think too little of her the reason for all of this is we know EXACLY what she is capable of thats not alot on the outher hand we have no clear idea of what jr. is capable of would he be fighting as it was a deathmach


its not that i think to little of her. i can recognize that she has skill but many try to give her a godlike status since she cant "die" and they always try to go back to that fact when she can be killed. shes dangerous sure but if push came to shove im sure that jr would beat her. in mandy's own words he not "as spineless as his father" so i believe he wouldnt have any qualms about reaping her soul if hes trying to protect someone he cares for be it minnie or mimi. most of the post tend to focus only on mandy and downplay everyone else's strengths so i post my opinion to show the other side of the story.
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby duddly » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:27 pm

well i think if jr did ask for a pet, whe would have given him billy.
offline
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:41 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:44 pm

duddly wrote:well i think if jr did ask for a pet, whe would have given him billy.


she cant give him billy since billy is dead somewhere
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby duddly » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:12 pm

if i know mandy; she's got connections that can find him since neither heaven or hell wanted him.
offline
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:41 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:26 pm

duddly wrote:if i know mandy; she's got connections that can find him since neither heaven or hell wanted him.


it can be inferred from this page http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=26 that billy has moved on to somewhere else and thus doesn't exist anymore
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby stratus » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:06 pm

CrusaderRyuoki wrote:for all accounts and purposes shes still human and can still be killed. jr can not be killed and isnt human.

jr is immortal too but both he and mandy can still die becuase they both have souls, as long as there are methods for removing souls from thier host and destroying them, theres still a chance everyone in grim tales can be killed.
offline
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:43 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby grimjr1234567890 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Minnie has a "Really?" face on her
Promoting my story here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51576&start=0
Junior and Minnie are off on another adventure but this time its from a different point of view.
offline
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:50 pm
Gender: None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests